• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Sam R

Back again Red FK8

Back again with a second Type R the old one being a pre facelift EP3 which I owned for around 4 years was previously on here before with that too. After the EP3 I ended up buying a diesel Focus ST which I originally planned on using as the main car and cover the miles, this ended up not being...
  2. Sam R

FK8 rotational thud on full lock

As above over the last few days whilst on full lock obviously driving slowly there is a pretty loud rotational thud/banging noise ( only way I can really explain it) now it does it on both wheels, full right lock left side does it and full left lock does it on drivers side. Has anyone had this...
  3. Sam R

EP3 Back with an FK8

Jeeze seems like I've been away off this forum for YEARS Chopped the EP3 in a few years ago for a diesel Focus ST ( don't ask me why :rolleyes: ) Always wanted to be back in a civic ever since I sold my EP3, perfect time to buy one, originally looked at getting a FK2 but definitely glad I...
  4. Sam R

Which wire is the tach signal wire?

Hi all Can anyone tell me which wire is the tach signal wire behind the tachometer cluster? I've read so many people saying its the "blue" wire but there is no blue and I cant find for the life of me a wiring diagram This is for a rev counter so could really do with finding it Its for an EP3...
  5. Sam R

Bucket Seat questions

Hey guys I'm looking at some bucket seats which i've wanted for a while, but as I have never owned a pair of buckets I have no idea on what is needed for mounting or if you can have them on sliders and if they are car specific? I'm currently looking at either the Sparco Sprints or the Cobra...
  6. Sam R

Stuck on what BBK D2? possibly?

Right guys I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I've been looking at BBK's now for some time but for the life of me I cant decide what seems best value for money. I was very stuck on the Stoptech but now I've seen the D2 6pot 304mm kits. I need something that will fit under the OEM wheels as I don't want...
  7. Sam R

Rear lower strut bolt seized

Hey all Yesterday i got hold of a 12 month old pair of meister R coilovers, so as i had today off i thought i'd fit them as anyone would. Now after having 2 knackered track rod ends i now have 3 coilovers fitted and 1 VERY VERY badly seized bolt that holds the rear strut in place. Just...
  8. Sam R

240-250bhp whats best?

Hi all I've been looking around and on here for some time now at what people are doing with there own cars, but im a bit stuck on what's best to get 240-250 bhp Now at the moment ive currently got M2 cat back {non res} and a k&N typhoon induction kit. Ive currently got the tegiwa intake on...
  9. Sam R

Input shaft bearing issues/questions

I know there is multiple threads on this but I cant seem to find one that answers my questions. I had my input shaft bearing changed just over a year ago, and for the last 6000 miles of this year the bearing noise has come back, the obvious tick over noise but also when your coasting with the...
  10. Sam R

Coolant leak/whats this part?

Hello peoples for a while now i've been loosing some coolant (pretty slowly) now after I changed my expansion tank which I found to have a hole in I noticed that im also loosing coolant from the part in this picture, as you can kind of see the tool that has had it off before never tightened it...
  11. Sam R

M2 or other? cant decide

Well due to my Pro flow exhaust deciding to totally crack around one of the welds onto the backbox i'm being forced to buy another exhaust, now i've only got about 300 to spend, i've been trawling this and youtube for hours listening to different videos and so forth, but still have no idea on...
  12. Sam R

Clutch release bearing nose.

Well after reading countless threads of people having the clutch release bearing noise i was just wondering if people just either waited until it is slipping before replacement or getting it changed as soon as the noise started? ive just washed the car and noticed the bearing noise which...
Back