• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. lewisy

Alpine Heat Unit Installation - where does the aerial cable plug go ??

Ignore this post, i found the answer. Please remove. Thanks
  2. lewisy

How to read the dip stick ?

OK I know that sounds obvious, but I've owned the FN2 now for 6 weeks, checked the oil a few times just to see what consumption is like. Now when I check, the first hole is covered, but the oil is so light i can't tell how far up it's going, it's certainly not covering the second hole, and i...
  3. lewisy

FN2 Brokering a deal - Advice required

All, I'm about to trade-in my 05 Premier NHB CTR, and been offered a good trade-in value, considering i took it in originally for a quotation on a repair after a taxi driver hit my front wing. I'm going to get the CW FN2, however, I don't think i'm doing excellent on the deal with regards to...
  4. lewisy

FN2 (Pics Included) - Type-r Now in Championship White!

I popped into my local Honda dealer on Monday as unfortunately a cab driver decided to bump into my front offside wing. My type-r is coming up to 4-years old, so out of warranty, and with the bump i thought i'd have a look at the current model. Mainly for the warranty and peace of mind more than...
  5. lewisy

Brake Pads

I had a look at the brake pads at the back and i can see clear pads there, but on the front - i cannot see a thing - i imagine my pads have worn through and my braking is coming from the rear. So anyway, i think it's prudent to change my brake pads, presumably they're about £95 for the pair from...
  6. lewisy

Knocking on passenger side front wheel when turning at slow speed

Any one had this ? Materialised after my warranty fix on the cracked drive shaft head-shield. Sounds like a loud knocking! :( :eek:
  7. lewisy

Tinny Rattle from engine bay

Today I noticed a distinct tinny rattling between 1.5k rpm and 2.8k-3k rpm. I had checked the oil a few days previous and it seemed fine, upon checking the oil, it was low, just beneath the first circle. I was a bit concerned since the oil warning light didn't come on. Listening to the engine...
  8. lewisy

FN2 What's special about the FN2?

I popped into a Honda showroom today to check out the new type-r, it was a NHB on display so I was comparing it like for like with mine. It felt like the same EP3, but with a new bodyshell, and some naff-alloys. There was no defining features about it whatsoever, even the type-r emblem badge...
  9. lewisy

Contaminated fuel!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6405051.stm Did anyone else see this. Sorry for the double post.:scare:
  10. lewisy

FN2 Changing the H/U on a FN2

How do you do this ??? must look horrible
  11. lewisy

FN2 New Civic Type-S

Seen a few of these on the roads now. They look exactly like the normal new Civic CDTI thingy, i.e. standard and nothing special. Type-S branding annoys me more now i see it on these cars.. there's no type anything to them, there's no pedigree... ehhh. Anyway my point is that the new type-r is...
  12. lewisy

New Integra Type-R

Ok, we're all awaiting the March 07 launch of the new CTR, but does anyone know what Honda's plan is with the ITR? Will it's current model be a runout model and the line discontinued ? I must confess, the GT pack, glass roof, and white paint for the new type-r, makes it look sexy as hell - I...
  13. lewisy

Greenlight renewal

I got my Greenlight Insurance renewal through today, £699.64.. that's what i pay already!! thought they're supposed to go down each year!!! Apparently it's competitive.. i'm not really that convinced. 4 years no claims, 26 years old, married, kid, private parking, no accidents, claims...
  14. lewisy

Grace mileage period on servicing

What happens if you go over 12,500, is there a grace period of 1000 miles either way, or 1 month, or is it discressionary ? Cheers, Lewis p.s. got my 12,500 service tomorrow with 12,492 on clock, and dealer 10 miles away!!! typical huh!!!
  15. lewisy

Condensation in headlamp & scuttle panel coming away

I noticed on the nearside headlamp that there was condensation, it was a dry day, not particularly cold, just thought that's very odd, the offside one was clear as expected. i thought they were vacuum tight the units, which is worrying if water has got in there somehow ? Anyone experience...
  16. lewisy

Any known issues with Alpine 9850Ri?

Hi, does anyone own this head unit ? and have you had any issues with it ? I finally bought my Alpine 9850ri which has ipod 'full-speed' and successfully installed it on Thursday. However, when using the iPod after about 15mins or so, the head unit displays ERROR-01. Which in the manual is...
  17. lewisy

Changing Head Unit & Fasia Question

Quick question regarding the black Autolead's fasia, am I right in saying that it doesn't suffer from sagging ?!?! I've just bought the black one as I think it looks quite nice in the silver console from the pictures i've seen, also bought a Alpine 9850Ri + ISO harness adaptor and some aerial...
  18. lewisy

Wiring an Alpine H/U

I was wondering whether someone can help, i was of the understanding when fitting an Alpine H/U that i would need an ISO adapter to connect to the original wiring harness to power the unit. However i have been reliably informed, that Alpine H/Us, 50W per channel will need the power wire to be...
  19. lewisy

ISO Adaptor - is one required ?

Having read various threads, it seems that an ISO adaptor is needed to convert the Honda socket to an ISO one compatible with an after market head unit. However, my friend who had a type-R said Honda has a ISO type connector as standard. He did buy his car from Belgium whether that makes a...
  20. lewisy

Thinking of buying...

this: http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=4679 Alpine 9850RI Has anyone got this unit or tried it, it has an inbuilt ipod interface so a cable comes out and plugs directly into your ipod, a faster and smarter solution then buying the separate KCA adaptor for the...
  21. lewisy

Engine sound

Ok i'm paranoid just about anything today - what exactly should the engine sound like after a 40 mile journey on the motorway.. don't get me wrong it isn't rattling or anything... but lifting up the bonnet and closer inspection sounds a bit tappity... is this normal ? in fact i think i'm going...
  22. lewisy

Low Speed rubbing/creeking sound when turning

Hi I wonder if anyone can help, the problem I have noticed now is that when parking, or driving at low speeds, there is an uneasy rubbing sound from the steering rack or engine bay. It feels like it's a bit creeky, if that makes sense. It sounds as though it's coming from the drivers side...
  23. lewisy

Does cold weather affect fuel economy

I suspect the answer is yes, i do a lot of small distance driving, basically to and from work, 4 miles each way, and i've noticed my economy go from 250 miles to a tank to just under 200 miles!!! please put my mind at rest to tell me the engine is running richer in cold weather and taking longer...
  24. lewisy

Rust on Brake Discs

I have had my premier for 3 months now and have noticed on all 4 disc brakes a orange rust. Has anyone experienced this same problem ? Is this normal ? Is this covered under Warranty ? Thanks for your help, Lewis
  25. lewisy

What oil should I use ?

I checked my oil today, and it's at the bottom dot, so i'm t hinking i have to top-up to half way. What oil rating should i use ? What brand would you recommend ? So far i'm thinking i want a 5W-40 fully synthetic, the engine has done 2300 miles so far. Am i on the right track ...
  26. lewisy

Doing my MAC today!

going to do my MAC advance driving course in like 5 mins!! :shock: 8)
  27. lewisy

S2000 & NSX did they ever do a type-r version of the s2000 ?

Sorry for being predantic, been caught up in the banner tustle, and i've heard comments about this being a type-r forum and not specifically a ctr forum, ... so how does the s2000 fair in the scheme of things ? did they do a type r ? please excuse my ignorance in these matters :wink:
  28. lewisy

What head units do you have in your car ?

I want an alpine 9855R with the KCA adaptor for my Ipod, just curious what head units people generally go for, and any recommendations or pointers.
Back