• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scottmurray2890

Problems with Data link plug amongst others

Hi, been a long time since i posted on here but a friend is having some problems with his EP3 and we are stuck. Started of with broken wires on the lambda sensor, he replaced the sensor. Problems he's having now are -Speedo will not work -Engine managment light is on -Battery light is on...
  2. scottmurray2890

Smilie list

I find it pretty hard to find a smilie I am looking for sometimes and often scroll up and down a few times before I get it, is there any way the list could be shrunk down a little so it fits one page without scrolling, I noticed there is alot of unused space for each smilie? Or even just...
  3. scottmurray2890

FN2 Any really modded FN2's?

Are there any heavily modded FN2's out there as yet? I havent seen any and i was just wondering what they look like when you have a deep pocket? Cheers
  4. scottmurray2890

Advice please :0

Hi Guys, i have a little question insurance related, My car decided it was going to go a drive itself down my street into another car. Mine was ok but the other had front wing/bumper damage. I had to claim through my insurance and they sorted it very quickly, however i recieved this email...
  5. scottmurray2890

DC2 DB8 DC5 Integra DC5 differences?

With the DC5 if you buy one with red interior do they all come with red door panels, red carpet and mats and vice versa for the black seats? Or can you have one with black seats and red carpet , red door cards etc?
  6. scottmurray2890

Ferodo ds2500

Thats my pads worn out, squealing like mad now, going back to standard pads for the moment. Cant reccommend the ferodos enough, great pads, lasted around 15000 miles what more can you ask. Just out of interest did anyone get near that or around the same with theirs?
  7. scottmurray2890

Ebay links.

Keep getting this wrong, what am i doing wrong? example, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-MINTEX-REAR-BRAKE-DISC-PADS-01_W0QQitemZ260113757481QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item260113757481&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72:1683|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318
  8. scottmurray2890

Tein basic damper coilovers.

Hi, going to get rid of my tein coilovers as they are far too stiff for my liking. Just wondering what you guys think they may be worth? Id settle for a straght swap for OEM shocks and ABP springs do you think id be doing myself out of cash that way? I have no idea how long the coilovers...
  9. scottmurray2890

How long will an engine last?

was browsing through pistonhead and came across this. The car looks in fantastic condition but very high milage (200,000). How long is an engine likely to last? http://pistonheads.com/sales/777909.htm
  10. scottmurray2890

Tight strut nut help.

Hi guys i have a loose rear strut and i need to tighten it but its solid! Dont want to take things any further as im scared of ruining the threads. My spanner just keeps slipping off the top of the rod where you are supposed to hold it and its starting to make a mess. Also tried mole grips...
  11. scottmurray2890

Calling all facelift civic owners..

Underneath your bumper have you a rubber type strip? I havent got one but i noticed recently a few which have? Stolen from lottie, :lol: ,
  12. scottmurray2890

Threaders with paying over a grand for insurance!!!

As title says really, just got my renewal through with elephant, its went down from 1250 to 1150. WTF. Im 23 now and i foolishly hoped i would be under the 1k mark this year but no. Been searching on the usual sites best i got was 1050 with a 650 excess. Think ill just buy a clapped out...
  13. scottmurray2890

Use gif image as avatar?

How to do this please? Thanks
  14. scottmurray2890

Camber adjusters.

Just want some opinions on where to buy camber adjusters and some opinions on the ones which people have used. So far ive only seen people use Eibach and K-Sport ones. Any opinions on the ones you used helpful. I know you cant really say much about them but things like value & looks , Thanks
  15. scottmurray2890

going from toyos to parada?

I need 2 new tyres which im going to buy tonight. I have toyo proxes4 on the rear which are in very good condition, im just going to change the front. As much as i like the toyo's i seem to hear nothing but good things on the spec 2s. So i wouldnt mind giving them a try. Is it advisable to...
  16. scottmurray2890

Anyone ever used this?

Wouldnt mind keeping the standard h/u but have my sub wired up. Seems like the ideal thing? FLI line converter http://www.execspecshop.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=108&zenid=b91a89eeb0fd495a024b318aa1eb61cf
  17. scottmurray2890

Washer jets

Replaced my washer jets 2 weeks ago as on was blocked , now my new ones are blocked. Ive been using auotoglym screen wash which is concentrated , its the only thing i can think of wich would be blocking them up. Anyone know otherwise? Anyone know how to unblock em?
  18. scottmurray2890

Had a go at adjusting my ride height! FAIL(New Pics)

Had a go tonight at adjusting my ride height on my CTR. How hard can it be? Thought everything was going ok adjusted all the coilovers exactly the same, put my wheels on and stood back to see the results. I had only adjusted them the wrong way!! 3hrs down the drain. Had to start again going...
  19. scottmurray2890

mugen splitter on facelift?

as title says yay or nay? http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/724430.htm
  20. scottmurray2890

Advice on slamming my car!

Just got my self some new rims so the next step is slamming the car. i already have tein basic dampers wich are ride height adjustable. i know i should buy camber adjusters etc but im not for now! :p all i want to know is how to keep the car the same height on all four corners, adjust...
  21. scottmurray2890

Car's in for first MOT!!

:eek: :eek: fingers crossed, this is my first honda so im told everything will be ok! out of interest how long does an mot take? went in at 0900 its now 1115?
  22. scottmurray2890

help quickly needed!

ok guys i thought one of my speakers had blown but after checking with a good one it seems not. my front right keeps playing distorted music , when i fade it to the left the left hand side is ok, the speaker id definately ok what could cause this? help needed quickly as the car is in...
  23. scottmurray2890

Banging help!

Hi guys got myself a problem and i have no idea what it is. When i aggresively accelerate or sometimes aggresively brake i get a bang from my front left hand wheel area. It is a bang nothing else can describe it. I have had a look at my bushes atc everything SEEMS ok but im not 100% sure. Also...
  24. scottmurray2890

Double din units

ok im looking to buy a double din unit for my ctr, not for ipod use though. hate itunes and thats one of the reasons i got rid of my alpine ida-x200. Prefferably something which uses memory cards as a can get them dirt cheap. JVC seems like good value for money are they actually any good though?
  25. scottmurray2890

Heat shield for induction kits

Does anyone know if these are anygood for induction kits like the AEM V2? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/STAINLESS-STEEL-AIR-FILTER-INDUCTION-KIT-HEAT-SHIELD_W0QQitemZ300214301878QQihZ020QQcategoryZ72205QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem or this...
  26. scottmurray2890

Does anyone know if these are JDM?

It says Genuine honda from a honda dealer on ebay?? Does that mean JDM or something totally different...
  27. scottmurray2890

What colour of rims for satin ep3?

Hi i was looking for advice on what colour to paint my wheels. I have a premier Satin Ctr and as much as i think the wheels go nicely just now its just to common. I saw this car on pistonheads with the wheels done and i like. Just wondering if anyone else has done this too their car and has more...
  28. scottmurray2890

Ive lost one of my keys!!

Lost one of my car keys does anyone know how much they are to replace??
  29. scottmurray2890

i've decided to bite the bullet!!!

been looking around on the forum and all i hear is gruppe m!!!!! just bought a spoon replacement panel filter not even fitted and it looks like it's going on ebay!!!! found a gruppe m for sale for 300 second hand (new in jan)is that any good?? also is there anything i should look out for when...
  30. scottmurray2890

VTEC Light

Hi i was wondering if anybody has ever installed a VTEC Indicator Light to their EP3?? How hard is it to fit and how long? Also does anyone know the best place to buy one of these?? Thanks Scott
  31. scottmurray2890

Speaker adapter plates

Hi i have just bought some 16cm/6.5" speakers for the back on my CTR. I gathered i need some adapter mounts but the only place i can find them is ebay and i havent got an account and dont really want one.(i'd spend all my money) Are their any websites anyone knows of that sell these adapter...
  32. scottmurray2890

HID lights

Hi i am looking to buy some HIDs for my 55 ctr. i found these on ebay http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-03-06-H1-XENON-HID-CONVERTION-KIT-UK_W0QQitemZ180227291361QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item180227291361 do these look any good to anyone? Also does your full beam get converted too and how...
  33. scottmurray2890

wind deflectors

Hi i am looking to buy some wind deflectors for my ctr. I am a bit tight to fork out for the JDM ones are the cheaper alternatives any good like this one for example...
  34. scottmurray2890

What size speakers do i buy?

Hi all i have just bought a 55 plate CTR and i am going to upgrade the sound system. I have already bought a new head unit and fascia but i dont know what size of speakers fit the same space as the standard ones in the door cards and in the rear of the car. Can anyone help as i cannot have a...
Back