• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. wadkins14

Anyone know who's got this facelift CW JDM?...

Anyone know who bought VTECUK's old facelift JDM? (couldnt find a thread for it on here so heres the CTRO thread... http://www.civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=222365&start=0 I could be on the look out for another CTR and this would be a great comeback after the JDM I've had. Thanks.
  2. wadkins14

Going from JDM Kpro to JDM OEM ECU...?.....

I've bought a JDM OEM ECU for when/if I strip my car back to standard. I'm wondering how an what's needed to do the swap? The JDM doesn't have an Immobiliser like other UKDM's. All I've got is a Sterling Immobiliser Key which I have to use before I can start the car. Will this be...
  3. wadkins14

Correct battery for my JDM EP3?......

After keep finding my battery dead and it not holding it's charge I decided to buy a new one. After talking to Honda Hemel a couple times they kept telling me the battery I had in my car was too small and wouldn't work (even though it's been init 7 years!) so they didn't want to sell me that...
  4. wadkins14

Insurance for JRSC...?....

Just wondering what insurance companies people are using for modified CTR's? Plus mines a JDM so may work out more! Just got my renewal through and its gone up £80 per month!
  5. wadkins14

JDM import number plate size??...

Ive read and been told that on the front of Import cars (not sure ifits just japanese or others?) that you can have a much smaller sized number plate. Anybody know what actualy size your allowed? Isit just the front your allowed to have smaller or the rear aswell? thanks scott :thumbup:
  6. wadkins14

"How to" on fitting DEFI gauges....?

Anyone got a How to guide on fitting defi gauges? Looking to fit ... Boost Exhaust Oil temp thanks scott
  7. wadkins14

Spoon, ABP Eibach and Eibach Pro springs pictures please...

Can people post up pics of their cars with either the Spoon, ABP eibach or Eibach Pro springs on standard OEM wheels or other 17" wheels please. Mainly after the Eibach Pro kit to see how the car will sit with the front and back being lowered different heights. thanks scott
  8. wadkins14

How to measure ride height??

My JDM is just too low for me, i cant go in multi-storey car parks or even park on kurbs without catching my B-pipe :bad-words: Im booked in at TGM for fitting new springs on April 24th, so ive got a month to find the right springs. I love the look of the JDM being low, but its un practical...
  9. wadkins14

Eibach or spoon springs

The springs on my car are Spoon springs but they must have been cut down or something as they are alot lower than what they should be. Too low for me, i cant even go into multi storey car parks or even pull up on small kurbs as my B-pipe scrapes :( Im booked in at TGM later next month for...
  10. wadkins14

Spoon springs enough for JRSC

Is having Spoon springs going to handle enough for fitting a JRSC ?? Scott
  11. wadkins14

Toda Mani + fujisubo rm01a VS DC Mani + Spoon catback

What will give me better gains.... Toda Mani with fujisubo rm01a catback or DC Mani with Spoon catback ?? Looking to be fitted with JRSC and Gruppe M Scott
  12. wadkins14

LCA help please....

Ive had the redy/brown paint removed from my LCA's by a friend. But after he's given them back to me the metal hole part for where they bolt to the car (i dunno what this part is called) has come off on both sides, they do slot back in but are loose, an can easily be pulled off. Is this gonna...
  13. wadkins14

My JRSC JDM Civic Type R ... 308.1 bhp ... Bride & takata's on 17

Ive only had it a few weeks and loving every minute!! Wanted to wait till i changed a few things around and got a few bits and pieces before i started a thread but here it is... exterior - CW OEM wheels - Spoon springs - D2 camber arms - red painted calipers - flat wiper blades -...
  14. wadkins14

Whats the part number for this??.. or even its correct name??

(im not sure what any ofit is called so im going to describe it lol) I need this part... its a little "S" shaped hose that gos from some tube into the induction hose?... I have a hose i could use but mainly need the little metal pipe that gos onto the end into the induction hose? Would HONDA...
  15. wadkins14

quick Gruppe M question

Ive been offered a Gruppe M but it does'nt have the top rubber lip circled in the picture and doesnt have a heat shield. Does it affect it much without the heat shield and the top rubber lip?
  16. wadkins14

difference in civic ep3 type r and civic si

Im not to sure where i would put this thread...? im going on holiday to orlando florida on monday 17th november and was wondering if anyone knew if i could buy a few parts for my car over there? oviously there car is the civic si and ours the civic type r. was wondering if i brought some...
  17. wadkins14

AEM or K-Pro ECU

Whats the difference in them both, and what would you say is the better one.? Seen this on ebay..... http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=290271836890
  18. wadkins14

jrsc... need advice.?

I know of someone selling one close to where i live and im just after advice from people.. - Would it be fine putting it on my car with 70,000 miles on the clock.? - The charger has done around 8,000 miles (will this still be good).? - All this is included.... - Inlet Manifold (specific) -...
  19. wadkins14

DC sports manifold and exhaust sytem

Just wondering on whats peoples opinoins on the DC Sports manifold and the DC Sports cat back exhaust system.? - How well would they work together, or just the exhaust system alone.? - how much would i expect to pay new.? (for both) - how much would i expect to pay second hand.? (for both) And...
  20. wadkins14

how do i change my rear number plate light bulbs..?

May be a stupid question with a simple answer..? One of my rear number plate bulbs doesnt work and i cant seem to work out how to get that clear plastic cover off.? it says "PUSH" and with a right arrow but its not moving accross atal. Just wondering if that is the right way to get it off and...
  21. wadkins14

engine bay cleaning products..?

Whats the best stuff to use to clean up my engine bay..?
  22. wadkins14

gruppe m or ARC

Im looking to buy a new intake system, at the moment ive got an AEM V2 induction kit. I know there not the best but at the time it was cheap enough not to buy. Im stuck between a GRUPPE M or an ARC... does anybody have any stats on both, whats the beeter one, where can i buy them from and how...
  23. wadkins14

how to fit radiator hoses to CTR

Im looking to buy some red samco radiator hoses just to add a bit of "bling" to my engine bay.. just want to see whats peoples view on these?... plus how easy are they to fit, would i need to take my grill off, or hole front bumper..?
  24. wadkins14

how do i tell how much it's been lowered?

I've got a 2003 CTR, and it's got 19" wheels (on when i bought it) i've recently bought 17" standard wheels to put back on but at the moment it has far too much arch showing when i put them on. i know it's got koni shocks and springs. can i adjust these lower than they already are?- if so how...
  25. wadkins14

how do i change my rear lights??

Ive got PRE-FACELIFT CTR and i have tacky black lexus style rear lights on at the moment, but ive got the red standard lights coming this week. how do i change them over..? do i remove the rear bumper or what.? any help and advice ??
  26. wadkins14

want to spray/powder coat my standard ctr wheels, not sure what colour yet.. any pics

I want to spray/powder coat my standard CTR wheels but im not fully sure on what colour. My cars NHB. I like the look of black on black but not sure? any pictures would be appreciated..
  27. wadkins14

what locking wheel nuts to buy and from where ?

Ive just brought standard CTR wheels for my car. Im after new locking wheel nuts to go on with them. Either RED, BLACK or standard CHROME/ALLOY...? Wheres the best place to look for them at a reasonable price..?
  28. wadkins14

Can anyone help me with pictures..??....

Im not sure if this is in the right section..?? Im after a new set of wheels for my NHB CTR, but i was wondering if anyone can help by if i send them a picture of my car and a few different pictures of wheels they can cut the wheels out and somehow position the wheels asif there on the car...
  29. wadkins14

ANY HELP... any difference in....

Im after a set of standard wheels for my 2003 CTR. Ive not found a good decent full set of 4, just sets of 2 or single wheels.. Was wondering is there any difference in putting 2 wheels from the rear of a car onto the front ( any size difference, or are all four wheels the same? ) and if i can...
  30. wadkins14

MY 2003 NHB CTR (new on pg 3.. 7/4/09)

Ive had it just over a year now, its only my second car and i love it! I havent had too much money spare to do any mods as i pay enough out each month on insurance and other bits an pieces. I know the rear lights are'nt to everyones taste, but they were on the car when i brought it and havent...
  31. wadkins14

any advice on these black wheels

im after black standard wheels for my 2003 NHB CTR. I beleive these are sprayed rather than powder coated, what do people think, worth buying, or am i better off getting some powder coated...
  32. wadkins14

supercharging... maintenance, servicing etc...

Ive not yet got the funds for a supercharger, but i was just wondering what would be the best to get? What kind of servicing it will need? Where would be the best place to get one from? And how much am i looking to pay for everything to start with, and then running it..?? Any help..? Any...
  33. wadkins14

smoking/tinting rear lights... any help?

Im looking to buy standard rear lights to smoke/tint. Does anybody have any instructions or advice on how to do this, what tinting spray to use, where to get it from, how many layers, etc... ? Or if anyone has any links for where to buy some already done.. thanks
Back