• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. frag

k100 mapping / purchase within an hour of Bath.

Car is modded as far as im going to take it, intake, exhaust etc but want to gain more than just a better noise! However i don't really want to travel hundreds of miles to get mapped. Does anyone know a place i can get it done in the Somerset, Wiltshire area?
  2. frag

Want a new exhaust soon but not $$$$

Take a look on 'the other forum' for R8BYB b pipes. I have had a silenced one on my car for a couple of years and its great! 2.5" bore, sits close to the body and gives good gains. Plus its a damn site cheaper than others of similar quality. Search you tube too, loads of vids re noise!
  3. frag

New backbox...

I am after a bit more aggressive sound from my ep3, i currently have a r8byb silenced b pipe but want to replace the oem backbox. Im currently looking at two on ebay from the same seller, the first being an n1 replica and the other has a 90mm or 3.5" tip. I am not expecting more power, nor am i...
  4. frag

Grinding when turning right.

There is a slight lip, though the mechanic seemed to think that couldn't be the cause. It definately relates to the wheels rotation though, as the faster I go, the faster the noise gets! Sounds a bit like catching brakes, I may replace the discs to try and rule that out! Damn car is costing me a...
  5. frag

Now apparent when going straight, less so, but still there! anyone? Its been suggested that it could be gearbox / diff related, please somebody help to quash these fears as thats money I don't have!!
  6. frag

It isn't the top mount! Now the noise is constant, sounds a bit like the brakes sticking as its kind of a knocking noise that is in time with the wheels rotation. I am fairly sure a wheel bearing may be the cause but it's beyond me! Booking it in for next week but would like to know if it's safe...
  7. frag

Haven't checked that yet. Will do though. Can't help but feel it's something more expensive though!
  8. frag

When turning right my ep3 is making some nasty noises. Mechanic had a brief look and said it isn't obvious what the problem is so he will basically have to take bits off till he finds the fault. Please can anyone advise me if you have had similar issues!
  9. frag

Crazy wipers!

Marvelous, I love this site! Thanks Loxy
  10. frag

Crazy wipers!

MY wifes car is a 1.8 07 civic, and I can't imagine the wiper set up being any different to the 'R's. Anyway, the wipers have gone nuts, they will not stop when they should and when they do they are across the windscreen at random angles. They also seem to be going full speed! not good when the...
  11. frag

Will a DC2 backbox fit an EP3?

As per title really, I seem to remember hearing that they are compatable? Does anyone know? A friend of a friend is selling one!
  12. frag

Do I walk away?

Sorry its last scheduled service, this was done at another garage.
  13. frag

Do I walk away?

With the exception of the last one, it has a full Honda service history. I am bloody tempted, obviously assuming it drives ok!
  14. frag

Do I walk away?

My wife is after a bigger car and we have settled on a 1.8 civic. After a little looking round, one has caught our eye, it looks pretty good but has done 119000 miles! Its a 2007 car, but is only £3850. I'm going to view it on Monday, but do you guys think that the milage should hold me back? ;)
  15. frag

Earthing kit bolts.

I have just recieved a second hand earthing kit, but as with all things ebay, its missing the bolts to attatch it! Can anyone tell me what size I need to buy? Thanks in advance!
  16. frag

Voltage stabilisers

I hope this is the correct section to post in! I have been looking to get an earthing kit, but have discovered Voltage stabilisers on EGAY for around £30. They offer better fuel economy and aproximately a million BHP as well as being able to make you the best driver ever etc etc.... Im wondering...
  17. frag

Induction kits and the MOT

Pass! Though with a strong advisory on all brake pads...
  18. frag

I had bought six months tax, then a full years worth as a result I had six months left on the MOT when I got it, now the years elapsed I'm six months out! The fact that you can be heavily punnished for not having it, yet there is no reminder in place seems a little silly to be honest, especially...
  19. frag

Thanks! As for the slight matter of six months overdue, can I get in any bother over that?
  20. frag

I just got my tax renewal through, and have discovered my MOT is 6 months out of date! oops! Anyway, its booked in tomorrow which gives me time to give it the briefest once over now. Can anybody clear up what difference an induction kit (AEM CAI) would make to the emmisions test? Cheers in advance!
  21. frag

NO sound!

It would be nice to see if there is much difference, but as my wife is due to give birth today Im not sure when I can afford to dissasemble the car! I think I will keep hold of them for a while anyway, as you say, I may as well try them out!
  22. frag

NO sound!

The amps are secondhand alpine bridgeable jobs. Nothing mega powerfull, I assume they would be an improvement, but I dont think its going to be improvement enough to warrant ripping my car apart to fit them! I only paid a tenner for the pair on EGAY, so I think I will bang them back on and spend...
  23. frag

NO sound!

Sorted! There was water on the crossovers in the door! Very glad I took a look when I did, the boxes were fine, it was just the connections that were damp and nothing had shorted out, just a case of taking them apart and using a hairdryer. They are now sealed in sandwich bags for added water...
  24. frag

NO sound!

Right, I have removed the unit, replaced the standard honda one, and the same story! It suggests its playing, but no sound. Is there a fuse between the H.U and the speakers? Help really needed asap, as My wifes due to have a baby on Monday, and I will definately not be alowed to play with my car...
  25. frag

NO sound!

The Unit had its facia removed for a few hours, then replaced. I havent changed anything that I know of! There is no amp by the way, could there be a problem with powering the new speakers? I suppose that would have shown up sooner!
  26. frag

NO sound!

I recently installed an Alpine IDAX305s headunit, which is great. Too good for the speakers in fact, so I then fitted a pair of infinity 6510cs References. All was dandy for a day, but on leaving work today I have no sound at all... The head unit seems fine, and I dont want to take the doors...
  27. frag

Alpine ida wont turn on..

Ha ha success, why couldnt they connect them together at the factory... Ah well, Now time for me to work out how to use the thing! Thanks for your help.
  28. frag

Thanks guys, just finnished work, and armed with a toolkit and a tin of beer Im about to have another go! Stay tuned!
  29. frag

I just got an Alpine IDAx 305 for my 30th! Woohoo, an hour sat in the car with the corect wiring loom, and ariel adapter, dash back together and nothing. Not happy. I have had a look around the Ice section, and found a couple of bits of advice, but want to know if the unit does need to have its...
  30. frag

FRSU - check setup

Ah, I didnt know they could do camber / castor etc. Let me know what you make of them and prices if thats not too cheeky!
  31. frag

FRSU - check setup

Where are you getting it done Ash? I just had some new front tyres fitted, and the old ones were not worn as I would expect! I have a feeling my geometry needs checking!
  32. frag

Image verification

Ta very much!
  33. frag

Image verification

Im having to do the same! A pain in the rear to be honest, any chance of checking mine? Ta. ;)
  34. frag

DC5 Pedals

I think I will be going down the drilling out route then, otherwise its never going to get done! Glad to know that the new ones fill fit nicely onto the top of the old, I doubt I will be able to get them rivited on, but araldite should do the job! :lol:
  35. frag

My EP3 wont always change gear!

Cheers! I was braced for a £400 bill, but as it will be a friends garage doing the work hopefully the labour cost will be lower. Still £100 for the job seems very low! Fingers crossed anyway. Thanks for your responses all! :smt023
  36. frag

Well I guess all I can do is replace it and hope for the best! I have had a chat with my mechanic friend who has said that it does sound like a clutch issue rather than gearbox, but as is always the case there are no promises!
  37. frag

DC5 Pedals

Yes indeed, I have the complete pedals, Having looked around the forum it seems that to swop them over is a pig, removing the actual alloy bits and fixing to the existing pedals is the way forward. I just want to be sure that before I butcher the new ones, they will sit nicely on top of the old!
  38. frag

DC5 Pedals

Cheers! So I would be better off not replacing the whole pedal assembly, just drilling out the rivets and glueing / riveting the metal plates on top of the existing rubber ones?
  39. frag

Thanks for the input guys, sorry to hear about your sincros though Griff.. I hope mine aren't the same, what age is your car mate?
  40. frag

Clutch it is then! I assume the flywheel will be ok, its a facelift anyway so I dont want to upgrade it. Could anyone give me a ball-park figure for fitting? Also, which clutch? The car is never going to exceed 240bhp in my ownership so im assuming oem or equivilent.. :confused:
  41. frag

Yes, first to second is a pig! The milage is around 50k, so I suppose its not unreasonable to think its the clutch, I would prefer it not to be though!
  42. frag

I am finding that, particularly when pushing hard, I cannot always change gear. I am having to either force it in, or release the clutch and try again. It also happens every now and again when in neutral and trying to engage first. There seems to be no slipping of the clutch and it doesn't grind...
  43. frag

DC5 Pedals

I recently bought some DC5 pedals for my EP3, I have fitted the accelerator, which was easy enough but I understand the others are a damn sight more tricky! After fitting the accelerator I had to adjust the throttle cable, will there be similar adjustments need on the other pedals? Has anyone...
  44. frag

Black alloys on my ep3

They look nice mate! Mine are in need of a refurb, and I'm now debating the black sparkle route. Has anyone got any pics of them on a NHB EP3? Also, if you dont mind me asking, how much did they set you back?
  45. frag

My handbrake light comes on when cornering.

Can anyone suggest why, when cornering hard the handbrake light comes on on my dash? I cant feel any problems, and everything else seems fine, and no, I'm not using the handbrake to turn.... :p
  46. frag

aem v2

You wont need to be in the wheel arch with a V2, Its the V1 (CAI) that sits in there. I fitted a V1 / CAi in about half an hour, this involved removing the wheel and arch liner, which you wont have to do! Don't waste money going to a garage, do it yourself you will be surprised how easy it is...
  47. frag

So I just hit a deer...

As a chef in a gastro pub I would give £40 for a deer if you turned up on my doorstep! Most butchers would do the same, though some don't like to admit it!
  48. frag

MPG!

Whats the lowest anyones got? Surely a far better challenge?!!
  49. frag

MPG!

Its always likely to be in the mid twenties, unless you drive like a $%^&, in which case you will either see low thirties or mid teens dependant on what kind of $%^& you are being!
  50. frag

No revs below 6k at night!

Thanks for the link! Cant believe I missed it! looks like a straightforward 20 minute job. Thanks!
  51. frag

Ah, I thought that initially, but a bulb either works or it doesn't. This is intermittent so I think a connection has bounced loose. Damn those coilovers!!
  52. frag

Not strictly true, its still pulling hard! However a bulb behind my dash has become intermittent, I'm assuming its a loose conection as a swift smack on the top of the dash sees the light returning! Anyway, its really not too big a problem, just a little irritating! Im wondering how much of a...
  53. frag

White gunk in oil

Im probably a bit paranoid! I've only just climbed out of debt but life keeps emptying my wallet! My boilers just broken down and my wife has just told me she is pregnant (woohoo!!) Oh and I live in England, where it seems these days that money just does not exist!
  54. frag

White gunk in oil

Oh and thanks all for your imput! This is why I love the forum!!
  55. frag

White gunk in oil

The Gunk goes after a long drive, but after a couple of days of short journeys to and from work, its back. do you think that if it were the HG it wouldn't clear up at all then?
  56. frag

White gunk in oil

Far from it! I will be getting it checked next week, but it couldn't come at a worse time.
  57. frag

White gunk in oil

Though the gunk in the oil is returning daily, so it must be coolant seeping in there somehow I presume?
  58. frag

White gunk in oil

Just checked the coolant, and it is low, very low! Though I have no idea when it was last checked... I am about to fill it up but starting to fear the worst! Does anyone know how much a new head gasket is likely to set me back?
  59. frag

White gunk in oil

Seems that it was just condensation! Thanks all..
  60. frag

Grinding sound at start up

Mine does this, my mate the mechanic lubricated the starter motor somehow last year and it stopped. Its happening again this winter though! I was going to replace the starter motor, but from the looks of things its not worth it!
  61. frag

White gunk in oil

Should I still replace the oil and filter, or will it just sort it self out?
  62. frag

White gunk in oil

Exhaust is a little smokey, re-reading shaenei's post he mentions short journeys. Most of mine are short, Im a lazy c-nut, and my engines barely warm when i get to work! could that mean it is condensation from the CAI? Its surely a cheaper fix than the gasket. Anyone know how I could find out?
  63. frag

White gunk in oil

To be honest I don't know either, Perhaps a trip to my mate the mechanic is in order....
  64. frag

White gunk in oil

Well having read a few horror stories about water and the AEM CAI, I have not been within 20 feet of a puddle (yet) so I am suprised to see the problem. It just seemed like an obvious thing to blame! I did have the Valve timings done a couple of months ago though, is it possible that they could...
  65. frag

White gunk in oil

My ctr was feeling a little 'lumpy' at low revs, so I thought I would do a couple of basic checks. Glad I did as under the oil filler cap is some white gunk. I assume that my newly fitted second hand AEM CAI did not have an oiled filter and somehow water has got in. My plan is tomorrow to...
  66. frag

Stuck in my car....

Good to hear Im not alone on this one, I thought it may have been a broken part or suchlike initially. Thats the last thing I need as I have just spotted some milky crap in my oil...
  67. frag

Stuck in my car....

Possibly, but this happened at work in only four hours. I might look a bit of a prat covering my car everywhere I go, though I am getting a cover for use at home now, de-icing in the mornings really is rubbish! Im wondering if there is too much moisture in the mechanism or something?
  68. frag

Stuck in my car....

Probably worth pointing out that its fine now, Just wondering if I can do something to prevent it happening again!
  69. frag

Stuck in my car....

Last night after de-icing my car I had a problem opening the door, I assumed it was just frozen stuck, so gave it a tug but then it wouldn't close properly! Then after it finally did and I drove home, It wouldnt open! The handle was moving but didnt feel connected. The trouble was that the...
  70. frag

Does the filter from the AEM V2 fit the CAI?

And it doesn't fit.... Thanks for the info on the filter type anyway though. Any idea if the Dryflow filters are any better than the old style?
  71. frag

Also does anyone know how i can tell if its a dryflow filter or an origional one that needs oiling? The joy of secondhand buying!
  72. frag

As above really. I have a filter from a V2, and an AEM CAI on the car. If it fits, I know its in better condition (and clean!), but I dont want to go to the hassle of jacking up the car, removing the wheel and stripping back the liner if its not going to fit! Does anyone know? Cheers in advance!
  73. frag

Induction for my ep3

I just fitted an AEM CAI. I think I can feel the gains, which are proven anyway. But the noise is what is most impressive, at low revs I suppose it is much like standard, 3k to VTEC is a rumbly growl, but from the crossover to rev limiter is just immense!! You will not regret fitting one, keep...
  74. frag

Renewal time.

Is it worth me trying as I am 29?
  75. frag

Renewal time.

I guess they are becoming more common, I just expect insurance to come down as my age (29) and no claims (6 years) go up! Especially as I still have never had any points! Oh well, bite the bullet time I suppose.....
  76. frag

Renewal time.

There have been a couple of mods. But I declared them mid term, with no increase in premium. It makes no sense to me at all, and why would they claim that insurance costs are going up so much anyway? Is everyone in the country 50 percent more likely to crash this year? I have always hated...
  77. frag

Renewal time.

Its gone from £560 to £1350! I was hoping the quote would be reasonable, but it would appear a day on the phone lies ahead of me!
  78. frag

Renewal time.

I just recieved my renewal quote from M&S money, and its up by about 120 percent! I have rung them and they told me that most insurance companys are charging about 49 percent more now than this time last year, WTF is all I can say! Has anyone else heard about this?
  79. frag

Induction and insurance...

Sorry chaps, perhaps my initial post was in the wrong section! I can see this discussion being moved from the air induction section fairly soon.........
  80. frag

My insurance is actually due for renewal in 6 weeks or so, I'm hoping I can stick with M&S, very happy with them so far! It would also save explaining the mods over and over to different insurers. I never have understood insurance though, mine went up by 20% last year when I changed career, same...
  81. frag

Does seem odd though, EP3 £570. Now modded EP3 with coilovers, FRSU, Braided lines, AEM CAI, strut bracing £570. I know which one I would consider the higher risk! Oh well, I sure as hell aint going to query their decisions! Thanks for your imput guys!
  82. frag

Done, and no extra charge! Happy days!
  83. frag

On the phone to them now... The poor girl has no idea what i'm on about! You would think such things would be common with a car insurance firm, just shows how few people actually ring up to tell them i suppose! Oh well ten minutes on hold and counting..... dum di dee, tra la la dum dee dum. God...
  84. frag

Service cost.

All done, Full service and valve clearances (which did need adjusting!) for a ton. I did provide my own oil, but thats not a bad price i feel! I have no intention of selling any time soon, and theres only so much you can pay for a dealer stamp! Honda wanted nearly three times that price!
  85. frag

Coilover concerns

Coilovers transformed my EP3 when I put them on. I have the Eibach pro S kit and lowered mine by about 45mm however I have since raised it a smidge, partly due to bottoming out issues at the rear, but also to protect the front from speedbumps etc. I dont need C spanners to adjust mine, I can...
  86. frag

To be honest, having the kit on with the noise it makes is worth a lot to me! Its like having a new car again, Reminds me of when I first drove the 'R' I get that feeling that It really does go at a million miles an hour! I will have to call the insurers today I think!
  87. frag

I have just fitted an AEM CAI, and love it! The noise is awesome and im sure I can feel the power difference! I haven't phoned my insurer yet though, and Im wondering how badly they are likely to sting me? I'm properly skint at the moment, so may end up putting the old air box back on if they...
  88. frag

Service cost.

Its that time of year again! My '04 Ep3 is due its service, last year I only had the basic service done as it had fairly low milage, now its up to 48k I want to have a more major one done. I think the valve clearances are worth having done, but what about transmission fluid etc? What are peoples...
  89. frag

Clutch replacement.

Wow, thats a bargain price I feel! Anyone else got a ball park figure on labour? I would rather aproach a mechanic with a target figure in mind!
  90. frag

Clutch replacement.

My EP3 is definately in need of a new clutch, but I am a little lost as to what to replace it with. I Dont want to spend a fortune, and I wont be modding much beyond an induction kit. The question is what do I get? I have seen so many, exedy, F1, OEM etc. and also stage 1, 2, 3... I will be...
  91. frag

Squeak / chirp on gear change

I think given the trouble I have changing gears, I will assume its the clutch. It needs doing anyway, and hopefully the squeak will be sorted along with it! Honda have quoted £340 for labour alone on a clutch fit, so I will definately be going elsewhere!
  92. frag

Can anyone give me a rough idea of how much the labour should be on a clutch replacement? I have rung two Honda dealers regarding the next service, and the two quotes were £346 and £670. As a result, I dont trust them for toffee!!!
  93. frag

I bought a clutch from a write off with 12k on its clock only thirty quid, but as the labour is the main cost, i'm debating buying a brand new one. Money is super tight though as I got married last week! I / we are super-skint!
  94. frag

The pedal does squeak a little, but the problem goes beyond that i'm afraid!
  95. frag

Oh and it happens during the crossover between releasing the clutch, and dropping the accelerater!
  96. frag

Aha, well the noise sounds a little like you describe. it only lasts for half a second or so and is the only noticable symptom (ie no juddering or such like) As for the pedal, well its the only car I drive, it hasnt suddenly changed, and does feel quite normal. But i do have to bang the clutch...
  97. frag

Not really, the pedal seems normal enough, the problem is getting steadily worse though, its happening every time I change gear now so I will be taking it into the garage this week! Irritating though, its become a bit of a money pit recently!
  98. frag

Is there a way that I can do that or is it a garage job? Its due its major service next month so I may leave it until then.
  99. frag

I hope so! I'd feel like a prat for being worried about a noise that could be fixed so simply, but hey £5 fixes are always nice! Thanks for the suggestion, I will take a look. In the meanwhile, anyone else got any ideas?
  100. frag

I have had a problem when changing up through the gears, I know my clutch is on its way out but I dont know if this is reated. When I am releasing the clutch and tapping the accelerater down there is a chirp from the front end. It is more pronounced if I stab at the throttle and has happened a...
Back