• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. f2mark

EP3 High mileage cars

My EP3 is approaching 150k and still mint. The difference is each of those miles since new in 2004 has been driven by me. I've known cars with half the mileage and 6 owners that have been wrecked. It's not the number of miles, but type of miles. Mark.
  2. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

No cutting whatsoever. It's a modular system and comes with dimensions to set it up. This is what it's for, 4m roofing batons aren't going to fit inside!
  3. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

Well there we go...
  4. f2mark

FK2 Thule Roof Bars

Looking in the manual Honda say that roof bars are not compatable with the Type R model. As such the factory fit mounts in the gutter are not there, or at least are covered with the full length plastic trim. My thoughts are that honda didn't like the prospect of someone doing 160mph on the...
  5. f2mark

FK2 Covering the exhaust pipes when washing

Covering the exhaust when what? And that pic was when it was clean :lol:
  6. f2mark

FK2 FK2 long-term test average MPG and top speed

That's entirely believable. My 16 plate has 32,000 miles on the clocks now and consistently returns 31-33mpg during mixed use (commiting) driving. If we head out up the motorway to visit the inlaws it returns 40-41mpg. Well done Honda!
  7. f2mark

FK8 GT extras worth the extra 2k ?

When I bought my Fk2 I specifically wanted the non GT. It's had nothing to do with affordability or some BS weight saving excuse, I just didn't consider the GT worth the extra £2000. I owned (and still do) my EP3 for 12 years prior to ordering the FK2 so I'm not a car swapper. For satnav I've...
  8. f2mark

FK2 Front brake pads

Has anyone had to change their front pads yet? I've just rolled over 25k so removed a front wheel to check the pads, there is still about 6mm pad material remaining. Ok I'm not a heavy braker and my commute is hardly a b-road blast, but the way these pads are going they'll last 35-40k!
  9. f2mark

FK2 Wheel corrosion

I had the rears replaced under warranty due to corrosion on the front face.
  10. f2mark

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

I got 8.5k out of the factory fronts. Now at at 17k on the second set of contis on the front with plenty of tread left. Original rears still on, loads of tread left.
  11. f2mark

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

When I needed just new fronts I went for the Contis again as they were much cheaper than Michelins. The Contis I bought are now at the mileage the factory fit ones were changed and they still have loads of tread left.
  12. f2mark

FK2 Front Valence and bumper

Mine catches everytime I come off and on the drive. What are my choices? Sell the car, raise the pavement, live with it. TBH it's literally grazing the underside , i take it slow off and on the drive and just accept it.
  13. f2mark

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Says 95 in the manual... My EP3 has done 140k on supermarket 95 and is sound. My FK2 will get the same. There's no point jizzing your money away on fuel that you can only tell any performance gains when strapped to a dyno bed.
  14. f2mark

FK2 FK2 Exhaust tailpipes cleaning

Nah, I love it too...
  15. f2mark

FK2 Brakes

Has anyone had to change their front pads yet. At the first service (10k) mine still had 8mm remaining. Used to get 20k out of the front pads on my EP3 so will be interesting how long they last on the FK2.
  16. f2mark

FK2 Warranty

Think I'll give this one a miss... "Yeah, with the wipers on first speed, they lift at above 120mph..."
  17. f2mark

FK2 Alloy Wheel Refurb

Can be done, even easier with the tyre off the rim. https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?100081-Wheel-Refurb
  18. f2mark

FK2 Puncture avoidance

There is a spare available if you are willing to spend a bit of internet time sourcing the bits. https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?99071-FK2-spare-wheel https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?99533-Not-you-usual-mod%21 Mark.
  19. f2mark

FK2 FK2: Head Unit (Touchscreen) No Display?

Also try pressing the brightness button. My mrs drove all the way back from her folks with a blank screen as she'd accidentally caught the brightness and knocked it down to minimum.
  20. f2mark

Seat repairs for FN2

It's Alcantara. Available by the metre on ebay.
  21. f2mark

FK2 Sum up your ownership so far

I think you're going get a bit of a split opinion on this. Having spent 12 years with my EP3, I got an FK2 in March. I absolutely love it, so much so I'm finding that I'm doing much less miles in the EP3 now. The FK2 performs so well on many levels. The true barometer is that I can take it...
  22. f2mark

FK2 Any info much appreciated

That sounds like my Land Rover did when the silencer fell off! Much prefer the stock sound, that's just too Halfords.
  23. f2mark

FK2 6 months

No not yet, and to be honest if I was going to do a track day I'd probably take my EP3 instead. Main reason is the FK2 would cost too much, you can eat a set of tyres and brakes in a day if you really go for it and thats a grand straight off. It's almost too easy to drive the FK2 fast as the...
  24. f2mark

FK2 6 months

So 6 months into ownership and just rolled over 7000 miles I can confirm the FK2 is an absolute pleasure to be using every day. Front tyres are probably a mil off the wear bands i.e. buggered so I'm enjoying my back lane commute even more so. I still enjoy taking my EP3 out, feels tiny like a go...
  25. f2mark

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

The mirrors don't auto fold on my non GT. It's not a feature on the STD car. On the plus side less weight without the power fold option :lol:
  26. f2mark

FK2 Picking my new type R up next week, have a couple of questions...

You'll love it. I went for the non GT also, of all the extra GT stuff I only valued the satnav which made it a very expensive satnav. One laughable thing you will find is that the non GT does not come with a parcel shelf! Yep, dealer checked the specs and it's only standard with the GT. They...
  27. f2mark

FK2 Knob

Just how hot was the gearknob today! Made for some speedy gearshifts!
  28. f2mark

FK2 FK2 Tyres

I'll be keen to know how you get on with the PSS. Michelin say they're good for 20% more mileage than 'other' premium tyres. They're also exactly 20% more expensive than the Conti SC6's on Blackcircles.
  29. f2mark

FK2 Wheel Refurb

Hi, So far in 5000 miles I've managed not to kerb any of the wheels on my CTR. Think I made it to about 30K before I kerbed my EP3 also, so here's hoping I can keep the new one away from them too. A few weeks ago I happened on a kerbed wheel for the FK2 on ebay. Might be someone off here...
  30. f2mark

FK2 Cheaking the oil

Similar with mine. 3k now and not used a drop
  31. f2mark

FK2 New purchase

They do look beautiful fresh from the dealers. Here's mine on collection day March 1st. and then after a little work!
  32. f2mark

FK2 Fuel for FK2

This has almost turned into an argument... Put in what the hell you like. It'll run fine on 95 Ron, better on higher octane. I know what's going in mine, my choice. No keyboard warrior will change that. Make your own mind up.
  33. f2mark

FK2 Not you usual mod!

The boot on the new CTR despite being massive can actually be a pain as it's so deep. As much as i did enjoy watching the wife bending over the rear bumper to reach her stuff from the boot floor, once I sorted out a spare wheel I wanted to split the boot with a false floor. These are fitted on...
  34. f2mark

FK2 New purchase

Blue is def the best colour IMO. But I would say that, mine's blue.
  35. f2mark

FK2 Fuel for FK2

I'll second that. I've been running my EP3 on 95 RON for 12 years 130k miles with absolutely no issues. My new FK2 is also getting the standard fuel.
  36. f2mark

Interesting thing a knocking Diff. We fit LSD's to the vehicles at work. By their design they only allow a limited speed diferential between each of the drive shafts. On full lock due to the tighter inner turn radius compared to the outer they can slip the plates or skid the tyres. The ones at...
  37. f2mark

FK2 R+ mode

Drove mine in +R for the first time on the way home from work. Done 2500 miles in std mode. Couldn't tell any difference in throttle response however steering noticably heavier (like my non PAS Land Rover!) and suspension like a go kart! Made for a fun few miles, but I'll still be using Std...
  38. f2mark

FK2 R+ mode

I haven't even pressed the button yet after 1400 miles. No need on my daily commute.
  39. f2mark

FK2 FK2 spare wheel

Just a little update on this really, So quite a bit of internet research lead me to find out that the Honda Legend from 2004 to 2012 also used 5x120 PCD and 64.1mm centre bore. With this in mind I managed to find a space saver (unused) at a Honda dismantlers and strook a deal at £75 for the...
  40. f2mark

FK2 FK2 spare wheel

I pick up my new Civic on Tuesday and want to sort out a get me home spare wheel. I don't like the tyre fix goo that comes with the car as it effectively writes off the tyre itself by using it. Most tyre places wont repair a tyre thats been subjected to repair goo. Talking with the dealer the...
  41. f2mark

Went down to my local Dealer today to pay for my new motor. Roll on Tuesday when I can collect her. Looks gorgeous in blue. Mark.
  42. f2mark

High mileage EP3

I've had my 2004 EP3 since new also. Ok so slightly lower mileage at 130K but I've spanked it daily since new! Never from cold and religiously serviced. Drives a good as it always has. Mark.
  43. f2mark

Yeah I hope so too. Funny one with mine ***. Dealer checked availability and originally said april time. When I pushed him on price and he went off to check something he came back saying they had this one in my spec already on order and allocated to them for end of Jan. I asked if it was a...
  44. f2mark

Ordered mine today. Standard Type R in blue. Due into the dealers end of Jan / start Feb. Collection 1st March on a 16 plate. Well looking forward to it now :)
  45. f2mark

Need 4 new tyres

Just fitted 4 of these myself. they are fantastic. Cannot recommend highly enough
  46. f2mark

Your tyre reviews

At 95K and neary 10 years old the time came again for all four tyres to be replaced. I've always fitted RE040s since new, however with the demise of this tyre and the price of RE050's at £150 each I could not justify this amount for 4 tyres in my Civics senior years! I've fitted a set of Kumho...
  47. f2mark

Loose/damaged radiator bottle?

This bottle simply slides into a c shaped bracket and clicks home. Mine came loose a couple of years ago and wore a hole in it from the belt. I first noticed the coolant level a little low, and when I went to top it up it ****ed out all over my feet! New bottle was £40 from the dealer and...
  48. f2mark

Advice - Honda Civic Type R EP3 2003 (53)

oooh, I'm so glad I'm not young anymore! I'm 31, clean licence and full protected ncb on my 54 plate EP3. I pay £300 all in with Admiral :)
  49. f2mark

CTR stalling

Mine was doing this too, replaced the battery because it was shagged anyway and the problem went away
  50. f2mark

What mpg do you get

I car share going to work with a 61 year old! Not only do I save fuel by only driving every other week, but I also get 38mpg! and that's with the A/C on all the time. Commute is A roads, bout 25 miles at 60-65 mph. not bad i think.
  51. f2mark

Weird noise when driving off.

I had this too on my 54 plate CTR. Whilst it was in warranty the Stealer changed 3 clutches and 2 flywheels still to no avail. Now the warranties up I'm just going to leave it. As a consequence my 66000 mile CTR has a clutch that's only done 22000 miles! Motto is if it's still in warrany...
  52. f2mark

Fan speed dial illumination

Hi, For a while the illumination for the fan speed dial has been a little tempremental on my 54 plate CTR. It works most of the time, and when it doesn't it usaully comes back on within 10 minutes if driving or so. Had the dash out on my CTR this afternoon to fit a Connects2 Aux input and...
  53. f2mark

Hello and Stereo Question

Hello, First post so let me say hi before asking a question. I'm Mark from Lichfield. This is my CTR, had it since new and I love it! Has anyone on here ever fitted an Aux input device throught the CD changer input on the back of the standard stereo? I'm looking at this type of thing...
Back