• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. doc_loco

Someone cut me up and hit my car and claimed on insurance that I hit them from behind

My insurance has now finally taken it on. All got a little more complicated as I was driving my wife’s car at the time. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. doc_loco

Someone cut me up and hit my car and claimed on insurance that I hit them from behind

I've contacted my wife's and my own. My wife's insurance has contacted the third party's insurance. Should I be making a claim at this stage? Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  3. doc_loco

This is still ongoing. My wife’s insurance company are trying to push it to my insurance and they are battling this out before we can even progress with the actual party that should be taking the hit. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. doc_loco

Will do. Things have slowed down I guess due to Christmas. Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  5. doc_loco

Called the insurance and they are now telling me they are pushing it as a non-fault claim so it's no longer 50/50. They said they will use the CCTV footage if they need it but as it stands probably not even required. I think her story hasn't added up and the photos prove that. Sent from my...
  6. doc_loco

I'll be doing everything to get her. She caused me stress as she had called the insurance after she agreed that it was her fault and would wait for me to get back to her privately. I was late to call the insurance as I had trusted her. It's like she tried to get the upper hand. Sent from my...
  7. doc_loco

Fortunately the council has footage. They have just confirmed and asked me to inform the insurance to contact them with a reference. Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  8. doc_loco

In hindsight I should have done this. Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  9. doc_loco

Can’t believe someone would lie like that after admitting guilt. I am trying to see if the council has recordings of that roundabout as another option. It’ll be so clear on there who was at fault. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. doc_loco

Another photo of collision Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
  11. doc_loco

I was driving in the right lane of a two lane A road with a three land round about. I was in the correct lane (middle) on the roundabout to get to the right lane at the other end. Someone on my left aggressively accelerated and cut me up to go around the roundabout. She hit me and her bumper got...
  12. doc_loco

can't identify aftermarket suspension

ill take a photo of it from a side angle when I get a chance.
  13. doc_loco

no no...its lower than standard. It might just be the springs. I have two mates with ep3 totally standard but mine is defo lower.
  14. doc_loco

Springs are black but have a matt look to it and same with the damper itself
  15. doc_loco

Hi All, I purchased my car with an aftermarket suspension but I cannot figure out what it is as I cannot see any obvious labels. I do however have one sticker. Does any one know what suspension I have? I initially had a gut feeling it was a spoon n1 but I cannot see the spoon writing as it is...
  16. doc_loco

Oil leak potential locations

What is the oil cooler and where is it located?
  17. doc_loco

Oil leak potential locations

Hi Guys, I have been trying to determine a location of a small oil leak I have but cannot find where it is coming from. I have changed the rocker cover gasket as the leak seemed to be comming from up top. The thing is, because the oil leak is not major, I cannot see an obvious place that it can...
  18. doc_loco

Alarm Board Replacement

Did you manage to get this sorted mate? I am going through this right now and someone gave me instructions for removing the whole carpet, and im sure that isnt totally necessary.
  19. doc_loco

EP3 2002 PFL replacing alarm board help

Hi All, Does anyone have a step by step guide for me on how to remove my driver seat and the carpet as I have to replace my hamilton and palmer alarm board thats gone kaboom! Kind Regards, Jayson
  20. doc_loco

Heater Circuit Fuse and 02 sensor fuse location

I just change my spark plugs and the code went! I think one of them stopped working properly
  21. doc_loco

No Vtec in 6th gear

If your cat is gone your performance would be affected for sure!
  22. doc_loco

No Vtec in 6th gear

My bfax in 5th is still strong 6th is the one that drags
  23. doc_loco

No Vtec in 6th gear

It might just be your sensors pre and post cat
  24. doc_loco

No Vtec in 6th gear

Check your knock sensor, you have to take off the inlet manifold for this, also check your catalytic converter. Clean your air filter.
  25. doc_loco

Car will not hold memory on the key fob

What backup battery?
  26. doc_loco

Car will not hold memory on the key fob

i honestly thought the siren battery and the main battery was one and the same because it does not work when the battery is disconnected!
  27. doc_loco

Air conditioner condenser rad

I bought 20 clips for 8 quid on eBay! I broke a lot of them! Woopsie
  28. doc_loco

For the low pressure pipe? Damn o think mine may be broken! Grr
  29. doc_loco

Lol. Just wondering if my low pressure pipe had broke. How long was the piece that went into the condenser hole? Mine was about say 3mm maybe at a stretch 5mm.
  30. doc_loco

I'm gonna have to open mine up again as its leaking from the low pressure pipe. Looks like the o ring may need replacing. Did u do this on urs? Also did u find it strange that the low pressure port was a little short. I expected it to go in a lot more of the port to go into the condenser hole!
  31. doc_loco

Hi all, Ive replaced my condenser. It took a max of 45 minutes to do the whole job and its very easy indeed. Once the bumper is off there are two 10mm bolts holding the condenser to the frame on the top corner of each side of the condenser. Undo these. Once you do this the whole radiator is...
  32. doc_loco

Passenger side window randomly stopped working

It's because I never use the bloody thing. I even forgot it was there! Then it hit me 10 mins later and I went to check! Lol fail!
  33. doc_loco

Ignore! bloody lock button was on!
  34. doc_loco

Hi All, My passenger side window just suddenly stopped working. It was working fine and it just stopped. I had no problems with the motor prior at all. Any ideas? Is there a separate fuse for each window. The button is not working on both my side or passenger side and im so frustrated...
  35. doc_loco

I just found this online for all those that are interested in doing this yourselves. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?21240-Fitting-fogs-and-bumper-removal-on-facelift-version It has a step by step guide on removing the front bumper. Also, there is a video here and the guy...
  36. doc_loco

Mugen Carbon Fibre Bonnet needs re coating

Hi all, My carbon fibre bonnet needs to be recoated and was wondering how much this would cost and where I can do it. At the moment there is no coating and i can rub my hand over the bonnet and feel the ridges of the carbon fibre. Any advise is very much appreciated and also how much it...
  37. doc_loco

Hi Bev, I wouldn't imagine it to be a big job.. Tops I'd say 1-2 hours yourself. Take off bumper (held by plastic screws on the top, found under the bonnet, and screws on the bottom). Then from there its just removing hoses and screws that hold the condenser in place. Once done put the bumper...
  38. doc_loco

Oh and the dryer and accumulator is not necessary if the system is evacuated first. This ensures there is no moisture that could freeze and go into the compressor which is very bad news!
  39. doc_loco

oh wicked good stuff.... undertray? Surely that's not right! Compensation? Im sure the undertray does not need to come off the change the condenser! It comes off upwards! But not a bad price mate. I plan on buying it next month and doing it myself, including the recharge... Hopefully it all goes...
  40. doc_loco

Tyre advise: 205 45 17 on front and 205 50 17 on rears

it actually doesn't look that bad. Well considering i had 215 40 on before the wheel arch looked empty... It looks a little filled out now! LOL. Not concerned too much about looks more about if theres any handling issues I need to worry about.
  41. doc_loco

Tyre advise: 205 45 17 on front and 205 50 17 on rears

Hi All, I was given a really good deal on a set of 4 new tyres however they the two tyres on the rear are a 205 50 17. Wondering what effects this would have if any (potentially handling) and if this is ok to run. Reason I ask is because I have always ran 215 40 17 all round till the last...
  42. doc_loco

Lol that's my Honda garage. Cool let me know how it goes
  43. doc_loco

Well I live near hertfordshire so I guess I can find out too. Which Honda garage quoted you that?
  44. doc_loco

Fair enough I suppose. Maybe go to an independent garage? Labour sounds expensive to me. Hmm
  45. doc_loco

OK when I do it next month I will have an idea of how easy/difficult it is and I'll do you a write up. Seriously though the bumper is probably one of the easiest things to take off on our motors. They are held by plastic screws on the top under the hood and on the bottom of the car. You don't...
  46. doc_loco

This looks good! I guess you could try it yourself I know I will. Bumper off is 15 mins max then maybe 20 mins for the condenser?
  47. doc_loco

Yesterday I tried to turn on my AC and there was no cold air coming out. So I tried to fill it with a recharge kit and the pressure dropped immediately. I then did some investigation to find to my horror that the condeser seems to be damaged quite badly. Looking towards the rad throguh the...
  48. doc_loco

Flywheel and Ring gear problems

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciated it! I have attached my old and new flywheels!
  49. doc_loco

Ok flywheel finally installed. And everything is perfect no more vibrations and rumbling noises! Only thing was when trying to take the driveshaft off I couldn't get the ball joint off the driverside so I had to take the two bolts above it to free it. Would this take my wheel alignment off as it...
  50. doc_loco

Yup at the most I would have driven it 10 miles if that I hope it wouldnt have done my clutch! Also I'm nervous so 2.5k rpm max!
  51. doc_loco

I changed my clutch 25k miles ago so I didn't think it was necessary plus it means spending more. Wat you reckon clutch still young for a lightened flywheels?
  52. doc_loco

Got a fidanza one off eBay for 20 quid more. Just need to fit it. I don't even know where that is! Lol
  53. doc_loco

Anyone know where I can get this done cheaply in the north london area? Also, is getting a used flywheel a bad idea? Honda books say 480 something for a facelift flywheel!
  54. doc_loco

Honda Integra Type R turning over but wont start. Please help!!

Crankshaft would spit out an engine light and code.... i had a non starter .... it turned out be my ring gear breaking off my flywheel and spinning around it.
  55. doc_loco

right its not terrible..... its just noticeable. I take it its time to change flywheel. What will I be damaging if I keep driving it like this?
  56. doc_loco

what I may do tonight is record it using my phone and put it up on here? Will TRO let me do that?
  57. doc_loco

Defo not an engine mount..... changed mine 20k miles ago... Fine before all of this mess. Also, it does not feel like its going to stall at all. It just feels like something is off balance. I do feel the resonance though specially when I take my foot off the gas whilst coming to a halt.
  58. doc_loco

well its at its most vibration probably on idle.... As i speed up the vibration goes away... Also, when I come off the accelarator theres a rumble... its not loud at all and many people would probably not notice it. It's just I know my car and it sounds off. The vibrations is at its worst when I...
  59. doc_loco

also I got no codes showing
  60. doc_loco

OH NO!! EVEN 2 teeth??? I bent valves? Well ok.... car pulls like a train... i've not taken it to vtec cos im scared... but it pulls great... The rumbling sound is not noticeable whilst im driving it only when i've let go of the accelerator and its ever so slight, mechanic checked my valves and...
  61. doc_loco

also, spot welding was done only on one spot spaces apart from each other. So it looks like a dot slightly smaller than a 5p coin. Would this be enough to cause it to go that much off balance?
  62. doc_loco

ok here's the deal. When I drive on flat incline or decline the car is sound. No vibrations. The clutching feels a little off as if the is a slight rumble and other people may or may not notice it but I'm a little paranoid over things so I asked a passenger and he felt it too. Now when I was...
  63. doc_loco

Ok well I defo need the flywheel.. it seems ok when the road is flat its just when its on an incline the vibrations are noticeable. Are you based in London?
  64. doc_loco

also, my clutch is only 25k miles old change it anyway?
  65. doc_loco

how many hours you reckon this takes??
  66. doc_loco

just to update you all. Got the car back, timing was reset and tensioner was set. Chain is good and so is the tensioner and its running like a dream! However, the bloody flywheel looks to be the next problem. The welding seems to have taken it a little off balance as I notice the car vibrating a...
  67. doc_loco

Also i take it by the looks of the tensioner that the ratchet only goes one way?
  68. doc_loco

Ahh it all makes sense now. So if any chance of jumping occurs it will be at start up IF at all it does decide to do so. But he does not believe this will happen with all the remaining teeth left. I take it he's going to adjust the tensioner slightly to reduce the preload?
  69. doc_loco

I just needed peace of mind. Hopefully the motor comes back to me today. So basically its not always necessary to change the timing chain and tensioner if there is still a lot of teeth left on the tensioner to hold the tension.
  70. doc_loco

i just needed opinions to see if other people agree
  71. doc_loco

:) he is very good indeed... He did my head gasket two years ago and no problems till this week :) thank you for making me smile.
  72. doc_loco

ok my worst fears have come true.. Basically this is what happened now that everything has been taken into consideration. The starter motor was failing and was jamming on the flywheel. This caused the flywheel ring gear to break off and turn freely around the flywheel. Initially I thought it was...
  73. doc_loco

52 CTR oil pressure and battery light on.. Help

I got this code and I'm really praying its not the timing chain. Did You get this sorted? Was it the chain?
  74. doc_loco

Cheers and done
  75. doc_loco

Don't need 11? Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  76. doc_loco

So no8 and no11 only. No need for the tensioner assembly? Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  77. doc_loco

worst comes to worse.... I'm really praying and hoping its not, but if I had to change the timing chain what parts would I need out of the picture I have attached.
  78. doc_loco

ps how do I check the timing chain is ok? Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  79. doc_loco

how could I have jumped a chain. All I did was start the car after the fix. Would this cause a chain problem? I checked all wires it seems ok. I'll check again. I'm really praying its nothing big because I only tried to fix my starting problem. Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  80. doc_loco

ok.. ive managed to spot weld the ring gear to the flywheel as a temporary measure and the car seems to start up fine. But now its throwing a code p0341 cam position sensor bank 1. I tried to drive it but it just does not seem right. I'm pretty sure its not the flywheel causing problems. The car...
  81. doc_loco

Defo ring gear I'm looking at it now and u can separate it from the flywheel using a screwdriver! Arghhh Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  82. doc_loco

Grinding followed by difficulty continuous cranking. Eventually it starts but sometimes it just kind of makes a hollow sound like its not gripping to something Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  83. doc_loco

Hi All, After noticing I had start up problems I changed my starter motor to discover that it still has starting problems. Looking at the teeth on the flywheel everything looks perfect. I have now discovered that the ring gear might be loose and spinning around the flywheel. Has this ever...
  84. doc_loco

Does anyone know where the starter motor is on an ep3?

Even more bad news... now I need advise. I got the new knock sensor and put everything back together and guess what same problem. The starter motor wasn't cranking the engine. I therefore decided to recondition the old starter motor and try it and still no luck. I took it to a garage and they...
  85. doc_loco

Ok manifold was a b*tch to get off but I got a bigger problem. The knock sensor was loose Wen disconnecting the cable and the green part separated from the rest of the sensor. So I'm screwed! The gasket was perfect. I had to order s new knock sensor from lings as everyone else didn't stock it...
  86. doc_loco

Griffin, wat are the chances of the gasket getting damaged? i thought about this again today and actually raised the car on axle stands to see if there was any access from underneath and it does not look clear even if i took of the splash guard. What you reckon best angle over the top? I'm...
  87. doc_loco

aaahhh ok so just under the inlet mani... ok just by looking at the images... the inlet mani has a gasket.... does the inlet manifold have to be torqued?
  88. doc_loco

hahahaha defo! i might even do this tomorrow as it seems pretty simple... By the photo provided by rf55 it looks like the motor goes in the bracket in black 1 inch below the actual marking. You can identify this is for the starter due to the two bolt holes on each opposite corner which matches...
  89. doc_loco

lol... looking directly over the engine even with a flash light i cant figure out where it is, I guess I may have to take the inlet manifold off but I do not want to make unecessary work for myself. I've looked with accordance to the picture you posted but it just seems like there nothing there...
  90. doc_loco

In the engine bay Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  91. doc_loco

I'm really struggling to see it! Lol Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  92. doc_loco

Do I have to take off the manifold? Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  93. doc_loco

Funny guy Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  94. doc_loco

Hi all, I need to replace my starter motor but I have no clue where it is. I think its below the intake manifold but i cant be sure. I cant see anything from under the car neither. I don't want to take things apart if I do not need to. Can anyone help? Thanks all.
  95. doc_loco

starter motor playing up

Did you do this yourself mate? How did you get to the starter motor and was it difficult? Mine is playing up.
  96. doc_loco

Has anyone change the starter motor themselves?

Hi Guys, My starter motor is starting to stick and get difficult to start it unless my clutch is depressed. Has anyone changed it themselves and if so can you run me through how I am suppose to do it. I can't get through to it from the engine bay so I am guessing its an under the car job. But...
Back