• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Marxx

PM from kwai

I got one too..
  2. Marxx

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

I had a similar problem,I have changed slider and still had knock on pot holes.. then I tighten nut on steering rack and no knock any more..:)
  3. Marxx

Oil questions and recommendations here

Hello mr Oilman!:) In my country appeared false oil from Castrol,Motul... I'm interested by what can be recognized whether the oil is original or not?
  4. Marxx

Suspension for beginners

I found these two specs for stock 2004 EP3 geometry,which is correct?:) Factory settings should be: Camber Front = 0°00' +or- 45' Camber Rear = -0°45' +or- 45' Caster Front = 1°33' +or- 1° Total Toe Front = 0 +or-3 mm Rear Adjust = Toe In 2mm +2 or-1 mm Or Front -0°18' Rear -0°53' Caster...
  5. Marxx

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Sick!:)
  6. Marxx

FD2-R from Germany!!!!

Nice!:)
  7. Marxx

Bottom ball joint

Who is the manufacturer of ball joint,where you purchased?:)
  8. Marxx

Lower ball joint replacement. EP3

Excellent post,which brand are ball joint,Is there somewhere else to buy separately?
  9. Marxx

Injen Cai /hydrolock

You drive in winter with CAI also,have you tried to remove the hose from the TB after driving in the rain?
  10. Marxx

Half Shaft play..

Hello, today I got up on the car jack and I noticed some play on the half shaft near the bearing,inside-out no play but up and down yes..is it normal or?Here's the video.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu81IjJ5kjQ
  11. Marxx

Oil filter

Is this a good oil filter for a CTR EP3?Part numb:1540-RBA-F01 PURFLUX France..
  12. Marxx

Injen Cai /hydrolock

To:Funky,Joe,you have a dry filter or?
  13. Marxx

Injen Cai /hydrolock

I bought Injen CAI for Acura RSX type-s 3"(SP1477P)with Amsoil dry filter,I plan to buy Hydroshield(Injen),whether it is better this dry filter or older filter with oil,has anyone had problem with water sucked into the engine/hydrolock?Thanks!
  14. Marxx

Question about oil..Motul/Shell

Soon I have to change oil,Is it true that a Shell Helix Ultra 5w40 is not full(100%) synthetic oil?,Is it better to put Motul 300 V Power 5w40?
  15. Marxx

Noise Whilst Slowing Down at slow Revs! Helppp!

All bearings,all oil seals changed,new Oem diff..and still the same..
  16. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Is it the oem K24 diferencial same as K20?Sory for stupid question..:confused:
  17. Marxx

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Headlights like new!;)
  18. Marxx

Steering Rack

With what can be this steering Rack lubricate,Wd40 or?Thanks..
  19. Marxx

EP3 Civic Type R service manual

Good question...I do not know..8(
  20. Marxx

I download but i can not exstract files?
  21. Marxx

Thanks griffin831 and Jermal!!!!;)
  22. Marxx

Jermals link dont work...:(
  23. Marxx

Where i can download the service manual for Ctr ep3 04"?Thanks!
  24. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Is it the Fn2 diferencial same as Ep3?(Oem dif)..
  25. Marxx

Read TYPE-R-TONY post http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=200949&start=20
  26. Marxx

Mine is getting louder...i will soon open the gearbox and take a look..
  27. Marxx

DC5,FN2,FD2 gearbox on EP3

Does anyone know the gear ratios of Fn2 gearbox?
  28. Marxx

Car not pulling, feels slow and sluggish

Get the compresion chech mate!
  29. Marxx

very Slight Grinding Noise

Any news?
  30. Marxx

Smoking when starting???

White smoke can be broke head gasket,check the colant level mate..
  31. Marxx

Up the revs..

Did you record the sound?
  32. Marxx

Should all possible sources of sound check,I know it's expensive but when it is already so close I think it's worth..me the same thing is waiting,i first fit ES engine mount inserts,change the halfshaft bearing and last gearbox bearings..To 56TypeR you dont have Es inserts?
  33. Marxx

Hm,change the halfshaft bearing,fit the Energy suspension engine mounts inserts..perhaps the problem in them..
  34. Marxx

DC5,FN2,FD2 gearbox on EP3

Fit the DC5,FN2,or FD2 gearbox on K20A2 EP3 Civic,plug n play?:confused:
  35. Marxx

My Red Jdm Ep3

Great car love the seats!
  36. Marxx

Self diagnosis.. This is how to diagnose it....THROWOUT BEARING -Start your car. -Roll up the windows, turn the radio off, and turn the blower motor for the AC/heater off. -put the car into neutral, and press in the clutch ---- if you hear the noise now, it is the THROWOUT BEARING. If you...
  37. Marxx

One member changed the input shaft bearings and the sound go away!!:eek: http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=200949&start=20
  38. Marxx

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

I am 27..
  39. Marxx

Check this..http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=200949
  40. Marxx

Hm...when the car was on the lift and when I put it into gear(1,2,3)sound is gone,only when the car is on the road the sound is there.. :confused:
  41. Marxx

NickCTR has sorted the noise..Energy suspension engine mount inserts,new Lsd,new lsd bearing,new clutch realise bearing..
  42. Marxx

From that member is a Ukdm Ctr same as mine..
  43. Marxx

One member from this forum had the same problem,he change the Diferencial,bearings,clutch realise bearing, also fitted Es engine mount inserts and the sound is disappeared..
  44. Marxx

My frend has 2002 Ctr vith 150.000Km and does not make that sound,my has 98tk and does sound..something is wrong..
  45. Marxx

Tell to mechanic to check the engine mounts,driveshafts bearing,clutch realise bearing.clutch springs,diferencial,input shaft,counter shaft clearence..If it is changed only 6 or 7 bearings has not changed all of them,all bearings need to be changed..mechanic not do the job well..
  46. Marxx

Make sure the mechanic check/set and make sure everything is within tolerance/specification before putting the tranny back together..The problem is called thrust clearance. If the differential clearance is not set correctly, this allows some play in the differential which can cause problems/sound..
  47. Marxx

12 bearings is complete kit,Are they checked engine mounts,driveshaft bearing,clutch realise bearing?
  48. Marxx

Good luck frend!!!!!!!
  49. Marxx

Nicky's JDM EP3

Looks very nice in vhite!:smt038
  50. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Excellent link Doug!"the location of the speed sensor changed at some point"??
  51. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

"Diff will need to be shimmed when fitted"the location of the speed sensor changed at some point"-Can you explain a little better?:rolleyes:
  52. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

For 400 EUR can get Dc5 used LSD,is that a good price?Is it going in the transmission without modification?
  53. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Why must change clutch when fitting Lsd?
  54. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

Dc5 and JDM Ep3 Lsd is the same or?
  55. Marxx

Idle problem

Today all normal..:confused:
  56. Marxx

Idle problem

Thanks!
  57. Marxx

Idle problem

I disconnect the battery for 15min(Change Xenon bulb).Then I start the car,when heated up the idle is fall on 500rpm any ideas?:confused:
  58. Marxx

Shift knob problem

Thanks!
  59. Marxx

Shift knob problem

Too much play!:smt047
  60. Marxx

Shift knob problem

How to fix it?
  61. Marxx

Shift knob problem

Is this normal or?:confused: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EyXjWRL3FI
  62. Marxx

Part numb.gearbox bearings 6mt: 91001-PPP-005(One bear..) 91002-PPP-003(One bear..) 91003-PPP-004(One bear..) 91004-PPP-004(One bear..) 91005-PPS-003(2 bear..) 91101-PPP-003(2 bear..) 91102-PPP-016(3 bear..) 91103-PNS-003(One bear..)
  63. Marxx

When the mechanic remove gearbox from the car be there,thats the only way to be sure that they change bearings!
  64. Marxx

You change all the bearings in gearbox(12)Or?Are you checked engine mounts and driveshaft bearing?
  65. Marxx

12 bearings is complete kit i edit the post,I have not changed bearings yet I have not had time,and I waited for someone to change and see that they are really the cause of sound..
  66. Marxx

12 bearings is complete kit,i have part numb.if you want..
  67. Marxx

Yes that include the mainshaft bearing too!Check the engine mounts also and driveshafts bearing..
  68. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

I think to put Injen Cai and Supersprint b-pipe in future,so for me is Oem Lsd Jdm Ctr,FD2,Dc5 quite ok?
  69. Marxx

I hope,check the engine mounts also and driveshafts bearing!:smt039
  70. Marxx

I hope that we will find the cause of noise!:smt023
  71. Marxx

Keep us posted!!
  72. Marxx

Yes frend..check the link! http://www.k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32686 http://www.civicforums.com/forums/36-mechanical-problems-vehicle-issues-fix-forum/246971-diy-diagnose-manual-tranny-noises-save-some.html http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmL5CSVG-bw&feature=related
  73. Marxx

Change all bearings in gearbox housing and clutch realise bearing,When the mechanic remove gearbox from the car be there,thats the only way to be sure that they change bearings!Tell them that you show broke bearing who made sound!Sory for bad english!
  74. Marxx

Common Civic Faults

Transmission noise whilst engine braking,no one knows exactly what causes the sound..:(
  75. Marxx

Transmission noise whilst engine braking

http://www.differentials.com/diagnose.html
  76. Marxx

Have you seen the mechanic change the bearings,or they say that they change the bearings?:eek:
  77. Marxx

Keep us posted!
  78. Marxx

One member from this forum had the same problem,he change the Diferencial,bearings also fitted Es engine mount inserts and the sound is disappeared,i checked my engine mounts today and they are ok..but the sound is still there..sory for bad English..
  79. Marxx

Idle the car , step on the clutch, than listen while you let it out , if it starts whirring , its mainshaft bearings.
  80. Marxx

With the car running and sitting still, step on the clutch , leave it in for 10 seconds , while listening carefully , let the clutch out, does it make noise when you let it out?
  81. Marxx

Maybe are engine mounts the problem,Jdm Ctr has harder engine mounts than Uk model i think?
  82. Marxx

Nice and clean!
  83. Marxx

Lsd question..Ctr Ep3

What the advantages of LSD(Oem JDM EP3,Dc5,aftermarket) vs. OEM..Is it going in the transmission without modification..What is the best for road use?
  84. Marxx

Mtf2,mtf3

Thanks!
  85. Marxx

Mtf2,mtf3

Here are only available MTF3,but in service manual writes MTF2..MTF3 is a better oil for gearbox?Car is a 2004 CTR?:confused:
  86. Marxx

Mtf2,mtf3

What is the difference between gearbox oil Honda MTF2-MTF3?
  87. Marxx

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Have changed only ball bearings in gearbox housing or all bearings?Sory Frend I'm curious
  88. Marxx

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Have changed the bearings in the transmission when you put LSD?:confused:
  89. Marxx

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Regards nick
  90. Marxx

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Thanks!
  91. Marxx

Ep 3 Ctr from Croatia

Here are a few pictures of my cars..
  92. Marxx

No one knows exactly what causes the sound, I will change the input shaft bearing, so I'll see ..
  93. Marxx

Beautiful car, you are happy what you have in your country Dc5!
  94. Marxx

Tranny Dissasembly/input Shaft Bearing .. http://www.civicland.com/forum/general-technical-information/5721-tranny-dissasembly-input-shaft-bearing.html
  95. Marxx

At normal mechanic here in Croatia would cost me about 450 euros, but I'm not sure whether the problem only in the bearings or the differential bad?
  96. Marxx

I got the answer on K20 org..-with the car running sitting still , step on the clutch , listen carefully and let go of the clutch. does it make noise when you let go of the clutch? im gonna i assume the answer will be yes in which case you need new mainshaft bearings installed...
Back