• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. A

Are there any Brakers for Type Rs?

thank you guys! will call first thing in the morning :D
  2. A

Are there any Brakers for Type Rs?

For the life of me I can't find any and i need some odd parts i can get cheap from a brakers I am sure... if i can find one!!!!!
  3. A

The MG-TF K20a V-TEC Project Thread (very pic heavy)

Good spot! did you get them with the pry bar set?? man, you have no idea it's still not done!!! the car may be fireing up in less than 14 days!!!! I need a driveshaft and some exhaust manifold studs now and thats it!!!
  4. A

UPDATE 15th January 2012well not allot to report I'm afraidI can't do much until My suspension is home and the bushes are pressed.but the wiring has continuedit's a massive mess still but getting thereshall we see some gash/dangerous and all round fail wiring?nicethats just in-explicabledonor...
  5. A

Could someone take pictures of their short driveshaft please?

specifically where it goes into the gearbox? thanks!
  6. A

thanks rf55! nice to see your still reading! More wiring tomorrow lol dont sp, you'll make me blush! lol It's been a labour of love really BUT I do wish i had simply converted my First TF instead of buying this bag of spanners. It wouldn't have been any more work really lol as i've had to...
  7. A

B]Update: 4th January 2012[/B] Happy new year everyone!!!! Wow I can't belive it's been 3 weeks since my last update. I've been up to all sorts! The TF-R has been keeping me stupidly busy! So much so I've been remiss in updating the thread :( sorry guys! Time to make up for that I think...
  8. A

Update: 16/12/11 Just a Quick update for tonight, more of that "takes ages and seems to produce nothing" type of night. I laid all my Polybushes out tonight to make sure i had the correct ones in the right places (if anything was wrong i bought them nearly 2 years ago so im stuffed! :lol: )...
  9. A

What oil, coolant, spark plugs, gearbox oil should i use to service my K20a?

when you say standard coolant... a TFs standard coolant is premium red OAT.... is this the same for the K20? and prferance for the make of motor oil? I've always used castrol syntec or mobil before but never in a K20 the oil filter i dont know, I think it's different to OEM so im going to take...
  10. A

What oil, coolant, spark plugs, gearbox oil should i use to service my K20a?

As per the thread title, Tomorrows job is to drain the oils from my K20s gearbox and engine and fill the engine. I might change the spark plugs but that can be done later if unrated ones from the web are worth ordering :) (I've seen HKS ones but on a stock engine with just a K-Pro is it worth...
  11. A

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

good stuff mate.... im thinking of some sheeting covered in copperslip maybe I'd put a bigger pipe on but it is going to be a bit of a nightmare to say the least im off tomorrow so i'll give it a long ponder it looks like a coolant pipe for a oil cooler to me... only way to find out is to...
  12. A

Can you all share your thoughts on this rubbing pipe? I don't want it killing my K20

bump... am i going to kill my engine or not, what do you think?
  13. A

pic up in it's own thread! oh... update time! Update! 15/12/11 Well about time! The past two weeks have been very busy and to the outsider I don't have much to show for it really... but we'll get to that. First I have a confession to make.... For thoes of you who don't know, MG-Rover had...
  14. A

Hi guys With my engine back in the TFs subframe there is only 1 issue... The engine has a remote oil filter (and god is it a bit of a mess) but thats not the issue the problem is a pipe is rubbing now i think it might be ok... or i could maybe put some sheeting between it and the subframe...
  15. A

Where can i find/confirm the engine code on a K20?

top man! thanks well deserved on that one!
  16. A

thanks bud! I've got a small probelem with a hose fouling on the subframe... it looks like an oil hose or something... I'll have pictures up asap and see what can be worked out I might get away with it but i wont be leaving anything to chance!
  17. A

I was going off this mate - From Wiki: "K20A2 found in the Acura RSX Type-S," and where as in the pic you posted it says K20A mine says K20A2 so is it any different from UK civic engines?
  18. A

Ok so mine says k20A2... So am I right in thinking this is from a type S accord and not a type r civic? :s I hope the belt aand thermostat housing I bought fit
  19. A

thanks bud... and i assume it should just say K20?
  20. A

as per the thread title really... just want to confirm the engine code on my engine really (and let others know where to find it) there are lots of K's out there and i know the K20a3 for example is of much lower tune compared to the K20a out the CTR thanks
  21. A

"finished" is a long way off.. the project will have 3 phazes... P1 - running, P2 - forced induction, P3 - Make look nice :) but in each stage it will still be crackalacking i hope! UPDATE! 02.12.11 Well the day I've waited so long for is here!... all the parts are back from woodsport and...
  22. A

UPDATE! 01st December 2011 And this one is a BIG milestone For the first time today I got to type a title on photbucket and instead of using adjectives like "Removing" or "Dissasembleing" or what have you I got to use a new one "Fitting" yep!!! My advent calender brought me a fantastic...
  23. A

Tell me about B16 engines please oh knowledgeable ones! :D I'm really confused!

would have to be a b16a I think, not expensive really and a total stright swap, will gain me mpg and some bhp so why not swap lol, should make the car comfortable to drive too as it's a bit underpowered (and I'm sure will seem more so when I have a 230 bhp TF sat in my garage lol) If it's easy...
  24. A

Ooops I did mean ek not ep lol, brain fart! Great info mate thanks! I've been browsing eBay and there is a HUGE price difference between the b16b and the b16a... With only 10 bhp difference is it really worth all that extra cash? Whats the difference? Are they basically the same engine...
  25. A

thats why i said EK mate... is there another type of EK? is that why you mentioned the -9? sorry i am still learning honda lingo! i know the K20 is in the EP3.. thats where the engine in my TF came from lol its not so much about power as reliability and the fact that the b16 is very easy to...
  26. A

apologies if this is the wrong section but as they were in EKs it seems correct? my TF has had all the fab work done and i just need to glue it all back together now... and im already thinking of project no.2 (this one a tad cheaper!) and it involves the rather excellent (from everything i...
  27. A

Quick update, rear subframe now 100% completed and all engine mountings and brackets have been prepped and painted.
  28. A

Does the Cam (Rocker) Cover have a gasket?

ahhhhh.... thats it then lol i was surprised to read that actually... in the MG world a "that will do" approach is pretty common... my old ZRs engine was held together with silicone, gasket gum and blind hope but a new rover K series engine is £50 (or often as not if your in the clubs free!)...
  29. A

My k20 EG project!

looks like a great project! especially love cams + throttle bodies... the motor is going to sound sik!
  30. A

xdcx JDM EP3

looks great.... i really like the grill! much nicer than the UK spec one imo silly question but... why do people hate the JDMness? it's confuddled me a bit that being a MG geek lol
  31. A

allot cheaper than a Rover gasket ;) lol and after spending several thousands i reckon £18 is cheap enough is there a how-to anywhere just so i don't damage anything :)
  32. A

thanks mate :) it's be a serious build (as you'd expect for the first of her kind) but she should be fired up around chirstmas and hit the roads in the new year (weather permitting) The F/TF MG club have a charity run around the M25 in fabuary (roof down come rain, sleet or snow) and offer all...
  33. A

Hey guys i want to paint my rocker/cam cover before i re-fit my K20... but i don't fancy taking it off only to learn that i need to order a gasket or something to put it back on do i need one? if so where should i go to get one :) also is there a how-to on removing it? i've never messed with...
  34. A

my dc2 blog

love it... so tempted by a 'Teg as a daily drive, for if/when my TF is too nice to plod around in when its snowy lol and you've given me an idea for mine.......... anyway keep it coming!
  35. A

Thats it!!!! your all up to-date fellow Type R drivers :D I have pics on my Camera for the next 3 updates but you shall have to wait I'm afraid! :) I hope your all busy reading cause as much effort as it was writing all that... copying it all in the right order from another forum was just as...
  36. A

UPDATE - 14th November 2011 Finally got past my issues i was having with the front subframe, well almost all of them and what i have left to do is no big deal. The issues I were stuck with were a classic case of not seeing the trees for the woods and a quick visit from my Jedi Master/Tutor...
  37. A

UPDATE! 6th November 2011 Well as some of you on the MG forums already know I'm having one of thoes weekends! lol well one of thoes weeks really :( but!... never fear because here is a little update of me taking more of my car apart! I decided i wanted to not only polybush the suspention but...
  38. A

Update! 01.11.2011 Well Paul has been having all the fun so far... and we can't have that can we? so time i got sorted! first job was to get the car out the garage... easier said than done as it has no back wheels! lol thankfully my good friend MikeKnight was on hand to help! here he...
  39. A

UPDATE 27th October 2011 anddd.... you guessed it, even more from the god himself! Today saw the front crossmember boxed in, this was just an open U channel, which i felt wasn't structurally up to the job of supporting a torque mount. The subframe has been notched and ground where...
  40. A

UPDATE 26th October 2011 even more from paul A bit more work done on the subframe today, i added two gussets ( i know Adam likes gussets!) to the strut towers along with a strut brace bar to give this subframe more strength. Not bad welds even if i say so myself. The subframe now...
  41. A

UPDATE 25th October 2011 more from paul With this project being a sideline job i had to get a bout of workshop duties out of the way, but i mamanged to get a few hours in on the last remaining mount. This still requires boxing in and finishing off but you get the idea... So after a...
  42. A

UPDATE 03rd October 2011 More from Paul! Today saw the left engine mount welded in, you could hang a tank engine off these bad boys, definately well over-engineered but we like that. Then the top bridging piece added for more strength and dressed up... A little reminder of the...
  43. A

UPDATE 02 October 2011 more from paul More Vtec mount making today, the left side mount is taking a lot longer to fabricate, i'm sure it's a lot easier to just weld some box section to some light plate.... oh wait! That's what it had! Anyway here is the bush ring in place... And...
  44. A

and here we go guys have 2 updates in one day! thank you Woosport! Work continued with this making the gearbox mount, starting with some decent plates on the box itself... The plan is then to add these plates on both parts of the bottom plates.... So that i can add one of our...
  45. A

UPDATE 29/09/2011 OK Guys, from now on the project thread will have updates direct from Paul and Anth at woodsport! so here is the engine being built on a subframe THE RIGHT WAY read on and enjoy 'tec junkies! This is where we pick the project up. We immediately had the whole...
  46. A

UPDATE 28/09/2011 About time or what!!! This is an update from about a month/6 weeks ago, thanks to internet troubles this is my first chance to upload Having talked some more with Paul and Anthony at Woodsport I was convinced I had found my guys and could not wait to get my engine in...
  47. A

UPDATE 20th July 2011 Nothing dramatic on this one guys but some great news!... after a visit from Mindy and Ant we all came to the conclusion that a serious expert was needed to sort this mess out! the electrics I can have a bash at and the coolant system will be a doddle to make right, at...
  48. A

Update! 1st July 2011!... and probably the most important update of the project ;) last night at 10pm I was feeling a bit... erm 'restless' as you might say... the mrs had a headache so there was only one thing to do! no you sick fools! I went out to the garage to tinker! :D After a...
  49. A

oh go on then... lets see what i can dig up for you... I saw her mentioned in Banzai mag this month (letter of the week no less!) and i've got a really bug up my ass to get this car running in the next couple of weeks now! slight note... the cars direction has changed a bit out goes track day...
  50. A

buying championship white paint, where can i get it from and is it easy to spray?

absolutely perfect... why can't everyone on forums be so helpful! :D thanks sonny! just to double check... the paint code is NH-0
  51. A

buying championship white paint, where can i get it from and is it easy to spray?

hey guys.... my project is coming along really well... should be running in a month or so... but just as i though i was done i have went and dropped the windscreen from my rally car on the dam door :evil: pretty badly scratched my re-spray was going to wait until next winter but now that the...
  52. A

Turbo Project

me to :D looking forward to updates... the fact that it's chargecooled is good news for people with K20as in the back of their cars!
  53. A

Few questions about a cpl racing's turbo conversion

would love to see the car (when you get it) i'm trying to turbo my TFs K20 but turboing doesnt seem to be explored over here like it is in the US i can't speak for the CPL kit, upping bhp will depend on all sorts, like the fuel pump and what flow the turbo is rated too the problem is you'll...
  54. A

I need to shop for parts but don't know much about the honda scene, can you all help?

just wanted to dress the engine bay as much as possible, being the only converted car in the UK i expect it'll get looked at allot lol
  55. A

I need to shop for parts but don't know much about the honda scene, can you all help?

just looked at thoes companies.... either their prices are very high or http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MUGEN-OIL-CAP-HONDA-Civic-R-type-VTI-Accord-RED-/330615170795?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfa3326eb#ht_1213wt_139 this is a fake? can anyone help lol
  56. A

hey guys! my project is well on its way now and i need some bits and bobs.... some functional some to make the engine look 'pretty'... but i dont know where to go to buy things or what sites to trust :( For a K20a I need: baffled sump Aluminum pulleys (mine are made of rust) Oil cap...
  57. A

anyone want me to keep updating this? i realize its probably a bit boring for most of you so might just post a link to the MG thread im updating if everyone wants?
  58. A

How do I get the drivers side drive shaft out?

I'm in the garage ATM and stuck, the passenger side one popped out dead easy but I'm stuck on the other one :( help me! Lol
  59. A

Changing my alternator belt

Thanks for the info bud, I assumed it would be fairly straight forward but as all I've done is rover k and t series engines i wanted to check :) I assume the timing can't be buffered up as it's just an alternator belt? The idea of a timing "chain" still sounds a bit martian to me lol The...
  60. A

Changing my alternator belt

Hey guys, thanks to the horendous conversion my TF is the subframe gouged my belt so it needs replacing before i fire the car up again, is it difficult to replace? and, where is best to buy the belt from? a honda dealership or is there somewhere cheaper thats just as good? thanks guys.... oh...
  61. A

What size bore is correct for a k20 or b16 full system?

Heck, my k20 wont be tuned at all apart from a k-pro a enclosed cone and a exhaust so that's no worries It's more the B16 im thinking of atm
  62. A

What size bore is correct for a k20 or b16 full system?

Ok this one is properly random My TF-R is well on the way to being done, and my other project is a MGZR rally car I need exhausts for both The TF has a k20a, the ZR is still running a rover k series engine but will have a B16 v-tec next year So I need exhaust... The k20 is easy as I...
  63. A

Supercharging Vs Turbo Vs Nos Discussion

i'd be looking at a 75+ shot on a progressive controller probebly and the shots of nos would literally for short term fun in the TF so i quite literally get your drift lol whats the K20 'safe' to? before needing to play with engine internals... i've herd 330 mentioned allot with supercharging...
  64. A

sounds good but again im worried about mpg :( the TF will be a daily drive for me... the other issue is that in the winter if the boost from the charger is right from tick over i can see me struggleing to drive the car after all its RWD with no TCS or such and a very light car :(
  65. A

maybe a section fail im not sure i'm considering power routs for my TF now that im plodding along with actually getting it running without killing me, the car can handle allot more bhp but i dont want to loose any mpg when im tootling around town i know supercharger kits and widely available...
  66. A

Pictures wanted, K20a Engine mounts

hmm so that bolts to the engine and a bolt would go through the bush? looks pretty meaty :( might stuggle to use it on the TF
  67. A

awesome mate :D if i can machine it to fit my TF i may buy it off you if it's for sale :D
  68. A

Engine mods without losing fuel economy?

i've been told by the elise boys that a l/w fly is a big improvement for low gear acceleration especially with a mid-engined layout and of course a lighter car (the TF is only 200 or so kg less than a CTR but i've ditched sound proofing all over (i mean really, in a convertible... whats the...
  69. A

i sit at 60/65 on motorways all the time... odd for a petrolhead but i dont see the point in peeing off the rozzers unless serious fun is involved lol so 40 might be on the cards for me :) would a l/w fly help at all?
  70. A

ouch i was hoping for more than that i was hoping for around 40 on the motorway what with a 6 speed box :( this was ment to be a GT car lol
  71. A

another appeal, i really need to be able to see the front mount... i think i can see where it should attach to my engine but its not there as a result the engine has only 3 mounts without seeing a front mount though and where it attaches to the engine (so i know im buying the right thing) im...
  72. A

I'm getting 0 mpg at the minuet as the conversion is still being re-built to make the car safe (see my project thread) im basing my assumptions on parkers stimulation of what i assume is combined cycle which says 31 MPG parkers says my TF with the 1.6 should have got 39, i believe i got a tad...
  73. A

Random i know! My K20a powered TF will get a good 8/9mpg less than my K series powered TF and as its ment to be my 'daily' 'reliable' and 'cheap' car (compared to a stripped out 2.0T Spray fed ZR lol) i want to know what i can do to: A: Improve Fuel economy B: Improve Power, and more...
  74. A

hi guys not sure if this is the right section I got my engine out the TF and im a bit puzzeled... it seems like im missing an engine mount! :o but the problem is i've never seen a K20a just 'sat' with the mounts still attached to the engine... has anyone here dropped a totally standard...
  75. A

Finally! UPDATE!!!! 27 June 2011 Well today was the big day! I have been stuck on 2 bolts that just would not come out... apart from being rounded before I stuck a socket anywhere near them they were also (it later turned out) the wrong thread for the captive nut! Figures with this mess of...
  76. A

K20a Engine, Gearbox and K-Pro ECU... what are they worth?

sadly not, the engine came out a Civic a long long time ago and was in a MGF for some time, then eventually in my TF for probebly only a few miles given the state of what i've found :( i have a feeling it is going to be a massivly expensive exercise to fix... i'm just trying to figure out if...
  77. A

i have looked at ebay bud but my biggest problem is that allthough i know the milage i can't prove it :(
  78. A

and whats a good price to pay? not sure if this is the right section sorry just wondering what the tec parts of my TF are worth, the engine, 6 speed gearbox (both from a 04 Type R) and the K-Pro ecu... given the price of petrol and the fact that my ZR is fuel hungry i might sell up the V-TEC...
  79. A

UPDATE! 3rd June Blistering sun and only 10/12 bolts between me and my engine out... what could possibly go wrong? God where should I start! First of all thanks to low profile tires and lowering springs the front bumper was too close to the ground to jack the back of the car up to drop the...
  80. A

thanks rf55... yeh mine are bolted in, i will have to examine the cables when the subframe is out like and see if that mod will work, there is something very similar from mike satur for the TF standard cables... i dont think my gearchange could get much better thanks to mike saturs designs but...
  81. A

UPDATE! 1st June (ish)! Onward we plough then! to a day where things went pretty much according to plan (this was disconcerting) First job was to disconnect the breaks. The break lines needed to be disconnected from the calliper, this was a easy job which first required the break lines to be...
  82. A

thanks bud, more updates are comeing i promise, it's just time, the engine will be out as soon as the wind drops!
  83. A

Right! Update! 31 May 2011 Well last week I had 2 days off and as the ZR Tubby was laid up waiting a drive shaft seal I figured why not have a play with the TF! I've been through a bit of a rollercoaster with the MGs after all my woes with the ZR (see project thread) and I was considering...
  84. A

indeed! my laptop is broke, i've just nicked my mums PC for a week to do uni work so i can offer up some updates! ive got about 250 pics on my camera for updates to this thread and my Turbo ZR thread lol btw guys the whole 'patient' debate... i have lots of 'patients'... i'm a student...
  85. A

cheers bud :) you ever need any help with her TF mate giz a shout i know them very well (as you can see) and love them, tell her to check out mg-rover.org the F/TF section is very friendly and there will be runs out in her area, people from 20-83(is the current record) drive them and enjoy them...
  86. A

Thanks guys, fixed the double post, I must have been pretty tired lol Hoping the weather picks up again next week and i can get into the nitty gritty of the car
  87. A

Painting my engine cover

random one for you but there is a guy on zr.co.uk who has a old civic as well as a ZR Express... he powdercoted his rocker/cam cover (whatever you call it on a honda :) ) and it looks awesome, well worth a thought
  88. A

Ok, decided to go ahead and upload some more pics :) First Job on day two was to sneak all the interior parts I'm keeping into the loft while my mum was at work! The transmission tunnel, door cards etc were pretty easy but getting a rear bumper into the loft was a whole other kettle of fish...
  89. A

Day two you get straight away guys :) First Job on day two was to sneak all the interior parts I'm keeping into the loft while my mum was at work! The transmission tunnel, door cards etc were pretty easy but getting a rear bumper into the loft was a whole other kettle of fish, and pretty funny...
  90. A

Not sure if this is in the right section guys as I can't see a project section but as it's all about the engine really I've put it here for now, if the mods want it elsewhere then go for it :)... Before I start I'd like to say a big thanks to the people who gave me tons of advice over a year ago...
  91. A

Need some info on bore

Hey guys, Could you let me know the bore of the standard Civic Type Rs exhaust? The bore of the manifold as well please. Also I read somewhere that the stock engine is highly restrictive so what is the ideal bore? same with mani please :D thanks
  92. A

Does a k20a2 need high octane fuel?

Cool guys thanks! Pics and such to follow
  93. A

Does a k20a2 need high octane fuel?

Hey guys, been away for a while but come tomorrow I shall be running v-tec!!!! :D So, random question - do I need to run it off v power?
  94. A

Random question on engine start buttons

jobs a good un, got my S2000 start button and it came with a "fitting kit" of sorts, mated it up with my wires and modified the cars ciggy lighter to make it fit... looks the dogs shall get some pics asap as for the lighting up question it does light up but only at night (im assuming its photo...
  95. A

Random question on engine start buttons

cool mate, is that def the S2000 one and not the civic one?
  96. A

K20a in a MG-TF, British Style, Jap Power!

Hey figo, I'll be using two different Subbys mate so won't be much of a problem, on saying that the plan to swap back and forth is quite possibly out the window, I've decided to do a fair bit more modification including moving the petrol tank (need the room for ITBs and will put more weight on...
Back