• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. E

ET values

long time I've been on here :) have been busy past few months... Okay here goes: When increasing from 17x7 to 17x8, same offset (ep3 = 45 right?) does that extra inch go inwards the car or outwards? I'm a total newbie when concerning wheels :) I assume decreasing ET does increase wheelbase...
  2. E

New beginners Air Intake Guide!

Hello guys, I keep seeing common questions pop up, what induction kit to choose? what gives best gains? is that intake loud? So this guide might help newcomers a bit on the way in choosing an induction kit. http://rapidshare.com/files/442739017/Induction_v1.0.pdf...
  3. E

S2000 power/price ?

Hey guys, sorry if this is covered elsewhere, I tried searching a bit, but no succes... Question is, how much would it cost to get an S2000 to 300BHP and let's say also to 300WHP. I read 300BHP is possible staying NA, don't know if true. 300WHP, I assume Turbo/SC is needed. second, is...
  4. E

0-60 time CTR

Tried a 0-60 few days ago while datalogging it using an OBD2 scantool. I logged RPM, Speed, Throttle position and Intake temp. Note I did a poor job at the acceleration test since I actually wanted to test the datalogger and not put perfect 0-60 times If I do some more runs, I'll might get a...
  5. E

k100 / k-pro question

I tried looking on the web and most of my questions are already answered however some remain or are not really clear to me. Sorry for making another... thread for this. Just to make sure at certain points: 1) I understand when installing a k-pro, on the cars' native ECU, then installing this...
  6. E

Hondata gasket?

Okay, I have a nice hondata gasket here and a RBC intake almost ready to be installed. The problem is, the hondata gasket port size is larger than the "RBC manifold's runner" size. I was wondering if the port size on the engine head are equal to the hondata or are they smaller? I ask this...
  7. E

RBC ?

Sorry if this is covered elswhere on this forum but the search didn't allow me to find "RBC", probably because it's too short to use in search function... Anyway, I have some questions regarding the RBC intake. 1) Anyone knows a good place to find them? Got them as low as 200£ upto 500+£...
  8. E

Custom prototype induction kit! R-spec **UPDATE**page 1

Hello everyone, let's keep things short: As I find prices on induction kits too high for what you get, I decided to take matters in own hands and build one myself! I took the designs of a well known overpriced kit in consideration and started to make a prototype, based upon, not a copy or...
  9. E

Energy suspension engine inserts.

Ordered myself a set of those, only thing is, got black ones instead of the pictured red ones, I found out: red = race black = street My question is, are the black ones sufficient for a DC manifold? Anyone experience with this?
  10. E

Light flywheel info please.

I've got some questions about a light flywheel. *Any idea how much the OEM weighs? *Brake horse power is measured at the flywheel, does swapping to ultrlight actually improve dynoreadouts? Anyone tried this? *Any feel-able improvements with a lighter flywheel? *downsides over OEM? Thanks!
  11. E

ITG replacement filter

Does anyone have an idea what type of filter is inside the ITG maxogen kit (AB65HCTR) EP3/DC5 ? Which one on this list could it be? http://www.itgairfilters.com/airfilters.asp?section=maxogen Thanks!
  12. E

Bad throttle response

I noticed several days ago my car suffers from bad throttle response every now and then. It happens mostly when idling (red light) and then when pressing the throttle pedal and releasing the clutch pedal at the same time to accelerate, I notice the engine waits like 0.2 secs before reving...
  13. E

EP3 "real" top speed?

I recently went to see the 24h of the Nurburgring, about 420km from my place, and ofcourse this gave me the opportunity to try out the car's max speed on the German autobahn... The car went pretty easy up to 200km/h in 5th but once in 6th gear, it felt pretty slow up to 220km/h and took for...
  14. E

ECU reset, auto-learn-mode ?

I have this question, I had an EP1 (D14Z6 - 90hp - SOHC - no Vtec) for 3 years before I changed to EP3. On my EP1 I changed the air intake for a cheap open cone custom made intake. (yes, powerloss when engine temp was high but very good throttle response and nice sound) After installing this...
  15. E

Mugen Sport Suspension

EDIT: How much does this kit drop ride height? 15mm on EP3
  16. E

Knocking sound rear-left wheel area

Hey guys, I just bought this EP3, and now I notice a knocking sound which wasn't there when I test-drove the car when buying it. The car came with a 1y warrany so that's not the problem, the problem however is, that garage is far away and I don't like the idea of the car being in for repair...
Back