• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. NORRO

FK2 FK2 general discussion

GM Grey, best colour in my opinion.
  2. NORRO

Yes mate i do.
  3. NORRO

Did 40 last Thursday and another 40 today. Looks as if we will be doing 40 a day, rather than the normal 30, to catch up. They are on their way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  4. NORRO

:smt038:smt038:smt038:smt038 Nothing to add at the moment. Patience my friend, patience !
  5. NORRO

The same as a standard Civic !
  6. NORRO

A mixture of UKDM, JDM and Euro.
  7. NORRO

Hello Loxy, sorry for late reply, not been on here for a while. I have heard nothing about further delays or anything about airbag shortages. We are still doing 30 CTR's a day, some of which are for the JDM. Patience is in order here i think !!!!!!!!!!
  8. NORRO

Not really, not when the **** at Calais is out of our control. Things do go wrong during production, especially when we are kicking out 600 cars a day [4 different models too] !
  9. NORRO

There will always be delays with a brand new car. Problems do occur occasionally throughout the production process, even when well into the production of any model. Some of your delays may be due to a parts shortage that we had at HUM. The mess at Calais a few weeks back meant that we had to...
  10. NORRO

Hope you're all enjoying your new R's. Here's another useless bit of info.................. .............as we at HUM prepare to produce the JDM Type R, towards the end of our shift today we had a very important Type R to build. This one was for Honda's new president, Takahiro Hachigo. So no...
  11. NORRO

Test drove one this afternoon. A very pleasant experience. A comfy day to day cruiser, and a beast when required ! Then climbed back into my 1.6 diesel !
  12. NORRO

We have had a few in lately. Already training for the new model Civic. We have a body in our dept at the moment, which i haven't seen, but will soon when we get our training input.
  13. NORRO

Dont worry Loxy, all will be well by the time you get yours. We are banging out 30 a day at the moment. Have just done a few for the Japanese Motor Show, ready for full pro for Jap market soon. Im test driving one on Monday, looking forward to seeing what its all about !
  14. NORRO

I believe they will be dealer fitted.
  15. NORRO

All ready to go......
  16. NORRO

The beginning of our official 'Line Off ceremony' this morning. BTCC's Matt Neal was driving one of them too. http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/13367044.VIDEO__Honda_launches_Swindon_built_Civic_Type_R_super_hot_hatch/ Enjoy yours if you get one.
  17. NORRO

You're on a wind up surely. A CRV for an HRV. I did laugh.
  18. NORRO

Haha, if only you knew how difficult it is to get that CW right. I'll chuck 'em a score though and see what we can do !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. NORRO

Small update.......... Thursday was the official start of mass production of the Type R. We did 10 at the end of our late shift, last one coming through our Paint section at 11:30pm ! They will pass through the rest of Paint on Monday morning and onto AF later that day. We had a little Type R...
  20. NORRO

Yes, production has begun. Only in small numbers at the moment, 9 or 10 a day, then mass production is due to begin the last week of June and into July.
  21. NORRO

The production start up period begins on Monday 8th June.
  22. NORRO

Oh no, finally been 'outed' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not sure who this trouser-rubbing freak is, but can assure it aint me. I havent had hair on my head for a number of years now.
  23. NORRO

Looks good doesnt it. I was there Saturday on a VIP day courtesy of Honda Yuasa. [a free draw at work] Pit and garage tours, lunch with team and drivers, and free food and drink all day !!!!
  24. NORRO

Dont have exact figures, but usually it starts with around 10 or 15, then builds up to around 30 a day initially. We take extra care with the Type R, so build numbers are always lower anyway.
  25. NORRO

Some cheeky pics there from within HUM. Thats the car we had on display for us associates to view. They were also holding a European Tech Fest in the same room. I didnt take any pictures, just in case. Never know who's watching. Awards for bravery there though !
  26. NORRO

No mate, i work in the factory in Swindon !
  27. NORRO

You probably did. We had a red one on show the other week. Believe me, they look very nice close up and on the road. There is also a white one knocking around too, my mate saw one in black and wasnt too impressed as it 'hides' the angles and shape.
  28. NORRO

Tiny update.......... mass production of the CTR will begin in June for the European market, then July for the Japanese market and August for South Africa.
  29. NORRO

Not sure on customer delivery dates. Still not seen the finished product. I only see the raw chassis as it comes out of the Weld department. Those who work on the end of the line, doing final quality checks get to see it, but it has been quickly wrapped and hidden away.
  30. NORRO

The car looks good in my opinion. Was never really going be exactly like the concept, but the production model looks edgy and sharp. It will grow on most people, especially when seen on the road. We are doing 27 units over the next week or so, these are mainly for the media to get their...
  31. NORRO

Nope, i didnt say it would look like the concept. Said ages ago that the Devil Horn spoiler will not be a part of the car. Still havent seen the real thing yet, but they are supposed to be setting one up in a room for us to have a gawp at soon !
  32. NORRO

Geneva Motor Show is the official reveal. I aint even seen one yet, and i work there !
  33. NORRO

BHP will be around the 318 mark. 5 door only.
  34. NORRO

Sounds like a proper good job. Frustrating at times i should imagine. Satisfying none the less.
  35. NORRO

318 bhp is the official number. And, so i have been told, that rear, devil horn spoiler, sounds like you will be getting something fairly close to it. Not quite what i was told a while back. Oh, and the price, £35k was mentioned.
  36. NORRO

318 bhp. I'll just leave this here.
  37. NORRO

Nice work. Where and who do you do that for ?
  38. NORRO

I work in the Paint Dept, on the Sealer Line. So we get the raw body from weld and between 23 people and some robots, the car, including roof, bonnet, tailgate and doors are sealed before it goes through to the paint booths. Between 280 and 300 cars per shift at the moment. But the Type R is...
  39. NORRO

Still waiting to see one at work. One of the 'new model' associates are trying very hard to organise one for us to see. We have had 10 go through the line this week, all varying test mules and some show cars. We did 2 more today, one for the Geneva Motor Show next year. Will update as and...
  40. NORRO

Official reveal will be at the Geneva Motor Show next year. Im still waiting to see one at work !
  41. NORRO

Curryzz we are continuing with small development builds at the moment. We are hoping to see the car in November, but that is for us to see one fully built so we can see how our process 'looks' and if we need to make any changes. As for any general public viewing, or media teasers, i dont know.
  42. NORRO

Yes, there will be a Black. Exact colour and code, im not sure of though.
  43. NORRO

Its not a luminous colour, thats probably just the lights at the event making it look bright. But yes, this is very close to, if not the actual colour of the new Blue. The paint quality team will still be perfecting the colour right up to mass production. As for the bhp........its all here...
  44. NORRO

Highly unlikely, but we may do a Sport version if sales are good on the standard Tourer.
  45. NORRO

Will have to wait and see about that one. Current build plan [customer based demand] is approx 11,000 units.
  46. NORRO

Yes mate. We are all being given 1" brushes, so it will be a hand crafted effort, which takes time dont you know !!!!!!!!! :D
  47. NORRO

Update. Main one most will want/need to know is that mass production on the new 2KR Type R will start in May 2015. We are still doing small builds which get shipped to Japan for further testing and tweeking. HUM will be using aluminium for the first time on the car, but only for the fenders...
  48. NORRO

You would be suprised at how little we get to see of the car. Depending on your process, determines what you see along the production line. If you're a lucky one who works at the end of the line, FQA, etc, then you will get a good look. They had one revving down there the other week, and was...
  49. NORRO

We are doing a handful of Type R's each week at the moment, mass production will start very early in the new year.
  50. NORRO

Although i haven't seen it yet, as when it comes down the production line it has a swarm of top managers around it going through each and every process and then when it comes off the end of the line, its being 'hidden away' from prying eyes..........but................ a mate of mine managed to...
  51. NORRO

The New HR-V concept

A bit Nissan Jukey !
  52. NORRO

We had a few Type R's go through the production line on Friday, and hopefully will be having a look at the real thing next week. Watch this space, no pictures though.
  53. NORRO

R - 00001

AF1; Hello mate, i got your message, sorry for the delay in replying. As others have said regarding the plate , they can be easily be changed around from car to car, especially if someone is breaking, or selling spare parts etc, so in that respect it could not guarantee that it's the first R...
  54. NORRO

We are on our 2 week summer shutdown at the moment. Will be due a factory meeting soon, so will update as and when :smt023
  55. NORRO

Hello mate, the thing with CW is that its the normal Jap spec and will be exported. The extra time and effort spent on this colour alone is all because of the Japanese high[er] standards of quality and it needs to be 200% right for when they receive it !!! I cant say for certain if it will...
  56. NORRO

There is no FK4 chassis at the moment. I did however, ask one of our new model associates if they knew what the new code will be. They are still unsure themselves, but did say that they would find out for me. Update you all if i find out.
  57. NORRO

This is the facelift model with some added 'Sport' trim, which i was told looks pretty bad, and by the looks of it here, it is !
  58. NORRO

Yea, the 'Ring' car is nearer to the final style with regards to the spoiler.
  59. NORRO

Minor update on the new Type R. Colours; as i have already mentioned, NH0 [Champ. White], Black, Red but not a silver as i had previously listed. Instead, we are doing a 'Brushed Metal' colour and a nice new metallic Blue, colour code B593 M. Styling, not too far from what you're all oozing...
  60. NORRO

Just had a gawp at this at work. Proudly parked up in reception. My god it looks good up close, even though its a fragile shell of a car. Mass production early 2015.
  61. NORRO

Spring time is the plan. Will update you all when we have our next factory meeting in a couple of months. This will give us an idea of actual production plan and an idea for when it will hit the roads.
  62. NORRO

As far as im aware, no. Will find out more nearer the end of the year when we begin the Type R production ramp up.
  63. NORRO

Possibly, but more likely to be the colour exported to the Japanese market first. There will be the usual Red, Black, Silver .................and a Blue.
  64. NORRO

Going to be having a good look around the concept when it goes on display at work next month. Cant wait :D
  65. NORRO

In a word............NO. Its a ball-achingly slow process from first test chassis to mass production. October, when HUM moves all its production to Plant 1, on a 2 shift pattern, is when things should begin to warm up a bit.
  66. NORRO

Couldnt, and wouldnt reveal too much on here. But watch this space..........i will give more useless updates when i can.
  67. NORRO

Pretty much as far as im aware. Going as far as weighing the car ! We had to be extra careful with this one body today.
  68. NORRO

Colour unknown. I work on the Sealer line in the Paint department. We get the body from Weld before it goes through the spray booths.
  69. NORRO

Some useless information..................we had the first production Type R on our line today. To be built here in Swindon, then shipped to Japan for some rigorous testing. A long way to go, but the ball is rolling, slowly, towards 2015 !
  70. NORRO

Unimportant update about the 'new colour' comment the other day. The new Blue i saw was NOT for the Type R, just a new colour for the Civic and Tourer !!!!!!!!!!! Sorry 'bout that.
  71. NORRO

Small update on new Type R I think i may have seen the new Blue colour that will be used on the new car. Im no way a 100% certain, but what seemed to be a paint trial was sent through our line on Wednesday. If it is to be the new colour, you will not be disappointed.
  72. NORRO

NHB Civic Type R EP3 *Lowered and FRSU Pics added*

2nd picture of your car..........noticed you're in a deserted Swindon Designer Outlet Village car park !
  73. NORRO

CH1 Self levelling headlights

Had my 2000 ATR for a little over a month now, in the last few days i have noticed that the self levelling headlights are not self levelling. Is there anything i can have a look at , is it a common problem, or would i need to get some new units ????? Near side seems too low, off side seems too...
  74. NORRO

Latest bit of news ......... had a look at a top spec Civic Wagon at the end of my shift today [which i have to say, looks very good]. Anyway, they had a set of 'trial' alloys on it for the Type R ! Some good looking 19" Team Dynamics wrapped in Continentals 235/35/19. Minor news really, but...
  75. NORRO

Spoke to one of the 'new model' associates at work today, who saw the Nurburgring Type R through our Weld and Paint dept, all seems to be going to plan and what you see on these videos / pictures is pretty much going to be how it is. The colours have just been confirmed for the Type R's as the...
  76. NORRO

Hullavington 12th july

Not heard of this one......and i only live 'down the road' !!!
  77. NORRO

insurance help

Also try Greenlight Insurance. Speak to Neil.
  78. NORRO

How dirty was my air filter !!??

Im sure i have read somewhere, that air filters were not fitted as standard. Discovered mine ['53 plate EP3] didnt have any either when it came to changing them !!!
  79. NORRO

New ATR

Very nice. Keep thinking of getting one myself !
  80. NORRO

Exhaust rattle/ knock

Fairly common with aftermarket systems. I had the same with my Supersprint b pipe and back box.
  81. NORRO

2014 Civic Tourer

We have had the 'shells' on the line for a while now and always hard to imagine what its going to look like. The pictures in this thread dont do it justice. Its the model they unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show that they have parked in main reception. But 'in the flesh', it looks stunning.
  82. NORRO

2014 Civic Tourer

Having had a very close up look at the new Civic Tourer at the end of my shift today [i work at HUM, Swindon], i have to say, even if a little biased, its a very very sleek looking car. Will be having one of these on lease in the future...
  83. NORRO

supersprint b pipe silencer or unslicened ?

Unsilenced :twisted:
  84. NORRO

40mm drop pics wanted

He is back on OEM rims.
  85. NORRO

Rattle from engine when starting from cold

I had a rattle on start up, more so from cold. Ended up being the timing chain and tensioner. Worth getting it checked out, and quickly.
  86. NORRO

How loud is an unsilenced midpipe?

I have heard one on an FN2 and they sound pretty good IMO
  87. NORRO

How loud is an unsilenced midpipe?

Just fitted an unsilenced Supersprint b pipe to my EP3 with an aftermarket back box......and i like it :mrgreen: I thought it would be louder than i had expected, but normal cruising isn't too bad, a bit of a drone on the motorway but nothing that drives you mad [excuse the pun]. When you...
  88. NORRO

Bolts / nuts

I know this subject has been thrashed to death, but even after trawling through 25+ pages on here i cant seem to get a definite answer. I am having an unsilenced Supersprint b pipe fitted to an aftermarket back box on Monday. I purchased some new OEM bolts and springs from Honda [at no great...
  89. NORRO

Quick gasket/flange question.

Im about to have an SS B pipe and an aftermarket back box fitted on my EP3. I have already purchased a new 'donut' gasket for the b pipe to back box fitment. http://www.lingshondaparts.com/honda_car_parts_selection_pfk.php?block_01=17S5S01&block_02=B__0201&block_03=9616 Part No. 13. Am i...
  90. NORRO

Cosmic EP3 - Summer (at last) photo's!

:party:
  91. NORRO

Cosmic EP3 - Summer (at last) photo's!

Looking good mate. Will have to arrange a meet again soon. I know 4Kas is itching for a meet !!!!!!!!!!!
  92. NORRO

HELP !!!!!

Hello mate, there is an engine up for grabs on CTRO, might be worth enquiring about. http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=259097
  93. NORRO

HELP !!!!!

There are a few engines on Fleabay, but i suppose you take your chance. You can also check the 'Breakers' section on the forums. Prices ranging from around £900 - £1500 I got lucky with the one i got from TGM as it was an engine that Tom had always serviced and knew it was a good one. I...
  94. NORRO

HELP !!!!!

Similar thing happened to mine back in May. Timing chain had stretched and jumped a few teeth. Got it down to TGM for Tom to look at. Pretty much said all of the above in your previous comments and he suggested getting a donor engine. Luckily for me Tom had sourced an engine and put it in...
  95. NORRO

Magnaflow back box

Hopefully going onto my standard B-Pipe until i upgrade the B-Pipe. Advice on correct gasket for fitment to the OEM B-Pipe please. Cheers.
  96. NORRO

Wind deflectors for ep3?

They are used. I still need to take the tape off. (Didnt have the clips) Say £20 including postage. Where are you based ?
  97. NORRO

Wind deflectors for ep3?

I have some Team Heko (tinted) one's up for grabs. Thought i would like them on my EP3, but i didnt ! Will be putting them in the For Sale section later today.
  98. NORRO

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Quote from the Director of HUM; "The Type R will return in the future, but no date yet" The NSX will be the next 'big thing' Honda do. For now though, its just the all new 2013 CR-V (mass pro in September this year), followed by a Civic estate and the SU-V
  99. NORRO

Spark Plug Removal Tool

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/articles.php?articleID=howto_changesparks_ep3_dc5
Back