• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

It's a FWD hatchback - it's NEVER going to be the be all and end all in terms of handling. Maybe they can ace the 'feel' side though.

10920946_781565855247953_7589638549554468612_n.jpg

I'm confused?
Didn't Norro who works at Honda say that it will look like the concept?

Why all of a sudden it won't because of a tail light?

Also, if you're on about Honda being left behind because of BHP then you are looking at the wrong car. The Type R is about precision and driver feel, not all out BHP.

Just my opinion

Nope, i didnt say it would look like the concept.

Said ages ago that the Devil Horn spoiler will not be a part of the car.

Still havent seen the real thing yet, but they are supposed to be setting one up in a room for us to have a gawp at soon !

Still havent seen the real thing yet, but they are supposed to be setting one up in a room for us to have a gawp at soon !

Cheers for clearing that up.

Looks like everyone will be buying an RS :lol:

NORRO single handedly slays not only the thread, but 1/3 of Honda's pre-release order book.

I reckon Ford will definitely be watching this potential upset, the Rs looks like a nice fall back for the disappointed

(Let me take this opportunity to reiterate my love for Honda before you read the following comment...). I am a Honda fanboy. TO THE CORE. I own two Honda civics.

However, I'm at the point where I would much rather buy a used GT86, or even consider a turbo Mustang, rather than save for a new Civic Type-R. Let me explain:

I love the red H, I really do. Ever since I was old enough to appreciate the things that elevated my heart rate and occupied my thoughts for irrational reasons (For the purposes of this conversation we can assume that the opposite sex, and boobs in particular, are rational due to evolution and reproductive imperative), I have been fascinated and enthralled by everything that made cars exciting. Noise, vibration, nonacceptance, danger... The Type-R was always the epitome of my automotive desires, WITH THE PRACTICALLITY OF A NORMAL HATCHBACK. What more could I ask for?

I have paid more than the market value for Type-Rs, because I wanted something that would set my soul on fire on the way to work everyday... And, given the opportunity, I would do it all over again.

Now I find myself looking at EK9's instead of the new Type-R.

Something has gone seriously awry. Quote performance and Nurburgring times all you want, it won't help: I don't want that car. I don't want it like I want a ten+ year old car with dubious history and potential for disaster.

It's breaking my heart.

I'm reserving judgement until I drive one, but I'm only going to do it when I'm in the position to buy one as I'm not putting family holidays etc. on hold for the sake of a car. I've been there and done that before unfortunately.

(That is unless Honda put on some sort of review testing day for the forums. Then I'll be in there like a rat up a drain pipe.)

I too am swayed by Ford's Mustang and future RS offerings. One way to look at it is that's it's going to be a good fight in the development front, and that can only be a good thing for us the people who are looking to buy these cars.

I'm reserving judgement until I drive one, but I'm only going to do it when I'm in the position to buy one as I'm not putting family holidays etc. on hold for the sake of a car. I've been there and done that before unfortunately.

(That is unless Honda put on some sort of review testing day for the forums. Then I'll be in there like a rat up a drain pipe.)

I too am swayed by Ford's Mustang and future RS offerings. One way to look at it is that's it's going to be a good fight in the development front, and that can only be a good thing for us the people who are looking to buy these cars.

Just raise interest with your dealer or the Honda PR , you know that the site owner from the other place will be sniffing about... So why don't you ;)

This forum's team used to get a lot of perks with its connections to Honda UK.

I'm not to concerned with how it looks, obviously it need to still look good though. My two biggest things are how it drives and cost. Well I cant judge the drivability yet, but with very strong rumours of cost in excess of 30k that makes me concerned, if it is that price then regardless of drive, im probably out, and ill be looking at a Jaguar XFR for that money.

I really hope they don't cock this up. The ford RS looks totally badass. No toning down if the design!

Jimbo - very poetic verses above my man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree with Jimbo.

The more new cars that come out looking like touring cars the more I prefer the older EK9/DC2/CL1 era.

(Let me take this opportunity to reiterate my love for Honda before you read the following comment...). I am a Honda fanboy. TO THE CORE. I own two Honda civics.

However, I'm at the point where I would much rather buy a used GT86, or even consider a turbo Mustang, rather than save for a new Civic Type-R. Let me explain:

I love the red H, I really do. Ever since I was old enough to appreciate the things that elevated my heart rate and occupied my thoughts for irrational reasons (For the purposes of this conversation we can assume that the opposite sex, and boobs in particular, are rational due to evolution and reproductive imperative), I have been fascinated and enthralled by everything that made cars exciting. Noise, vibration, nonacceptance, danger... The Type-R was always the epitome of my automotive desires, WITH THE PRACTICALLITY OF A NORMAL HATCHBACK. What more could I ask for?

I have paid more than the market value for Type-Rs, because I wanted something that would set my soul on fire on the way to work everyday... And, given the opportunity, I would do it all over again.

Now I find myself looking at EK9's instead of the new Type-R.

Something has gone seriously awry. Quote performance and Nurburgring times all you want, it won't help: I don't want that car. I don't want it like I want a ten+ year old car with dubious history and potential for disaster.

It's breaking my heart.

This is exactly how I feel about the new M3/M4, the engine does nothing for me, it's soulless, I had the pleasure of owning a couple of the NA V8's and that was a masterclass of an engine, going beyond 7k to get an extra shove in your back and a spine tingling engine note (not overly ballsy and overly engineered like the Jags). The new turbocharge M left me feeling very cold.

Let's hope Honda get the implementation of Turbo in their sports marques better than BMW.

Back