• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

K20 FTW.. Essentially, more JDM than a Tsunami

What time did you do mate?

Looks like a mid 14 second run?

Quoted from my post in the Santa Pod thread:-

Well seeing as I only had two runs I wouldn't be suprised if my times sucked. First run was exactly that, my very first run on a strip. The second had my sister's boyfriend as a passenger so he could film it who weighs 14 stone. And then I broke down. :lol:

Run 1:
0.8273 RT / 2.5129 60' / 14.6243 1/4mile at 98.62mph

Run 2:
0.4932 RT / 2.3978 60' / 14.5205 1/4mile at 97.98mph

That noise is insane ;)

Sounded even better in the flesh. Shame about the problems, but theres always next time ;)

Cheers guys. ;)

Do you wear ear plugs when driving? I did a decibel test on mine with and without my bung and I got accruate readings of 97.6 db (bung) and 119.9 db without both at 4,000rpm. When driving without the bung it's not too bad for short journeys but on the motorway or a duel carriageway it can be horrible and even unbearable at times, even with my music on high I still can't drown out the drone.

Apparently anything over 125 db's can be bad for your health and can cause ear problems such as tinnitus so with that in mind I bought the bung and it has helped a lot. I can imagine yours being a nightmare on a long journey, it does sound immense but does the drone not annoy you?

No, no ear plugs. I can't remember which page it is but if you go to my youtube account there is a video of me being decibel tested at Brands Hatch where I got 124.1dB static at 4k rpm; along with another at the 'Ring after a lap where I got 121dB at 3k rpm! There's also the fact that after 4 laps of the 'Ring I failed a drive-by test on track where the limit is 140dB and was "banned" for being too noisy...

In relation to how I live with it, I've never met anyone who understands (except Mr Hatto haha!) how it could be possible but it really doesn't bother me...

I did think about also adding that for people who display 20 or 40 posts per page :lol: But seeing as my internet connection is cannon fodder I can only display 10 posts per page otherwise everything just freezes... And no, I'm not on dial-up. :lol:

But if you wish Scott, I can work out which pages they would be. Just for you. ;)

Although thinking about it, you could just take the page numbers I've quoted and divide them by 4. I think that should work anyway. ;)

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Or you could do away with the page numbers altogether and just link the contents to the relevant post. ;)

I could well do, but doesn't quoting a thread as a link just send you to the page in question as opposed to a particular comment/ addition? So if I quoted based on my 10 post per page it'd send people to the wrong section? Or am I being dense?

Perhaps when I have a few more hours to kill. :lol:

K20 FTW.. Now with contents page (pg1). Because I'm cool.

Copy the link top right of your actual post, by right clicking the #1,234 number. :)

Finally fitted my wind deflectors ready for JAE. :lol:

What a pain in the backside those screws/clips turned out to be...

Hey - those brakes are ****ing awesome.

I found them via the contents page [which I would prefer to have them as links, not just text ffs]

Have the brakes been fitted?

DSC02728.jpg
Classic Manga sh!zzle.. discs are too sick.

Hey - those brakes are ****ing awesome.

I found them via the contents page [which I would prefer to have them as links, not just text ffs]

Have the brakes been fitted?

Yes, after thinking about it having them as links makes much more sense as you don't have to keep scrolling through the page tab. When I get another free few hours I'll amend it. :)

And thank you.

Classic Manga sh!zzle.. discs are too sick.

The box did make me chuckle when I read it, and even kept one as couldn't bring myself to throw them both away.

And danke, they perform as well as they look. :twisted:

Back