• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

NYA's New Car **Now with pics for the moaners**

She now makes some seriously good Cinnabuns too, they go so well with some good Coffee ;) And Mart, my mate gets out of prison and comes back home.

The drivers door is a different blue, the door handle looks the same as the rest of the panels... Don't mean to criticise your car Daz, just looks different to me. Maybe take the door card off & see if there's champ white lurking behind there. The arctic blue does appear lighter if painted onto a white basecoat.

I'll have a look bud, the drivers door card has to come off to recover the inner card due to a snag in the material, so I'll check it out then;)

Keep it dirty IMO. Will just keep happening if you wash it. Embrace it.

She now makes some seriously good Cinnabuns too, they go so well with some good Coffee ;) And Mart, my mate gets out of prison and comes back home.

Depending on what he got banged up for, it would take some seriously good coffee and buns to get me down :lol:

Depending on what he got banged up for, it would take some seriously good coffee and buns to get me down :lol:

Nothing major mate, just an act of stupidity. Been in, learned a lesson, gonna be a good boy from now on, or I'm gonna beat him down:lol:

Can I just ask why you think the carbon wrap might be hiding something ugly underneath? And if you thought this was the case, why did you go ahead with the purchase?

It could just be that Carbon wrapping was the cheapest alternative to put some nice weave on the car.

I think I just have a small doubt tbh Tone. Talking to a friend on Saturday who does bodywork and resprays, he reckons I might be worrying over nothing. He was saying that wrapping will only be as good as the bonnet underneath, and if there were any issues with the paint, you'd actually see them in the wrap. It is a pretty good job that has been done, so once we get a decent day, I'll fire on with removing it. I think at the moment, with the Fiesta going wrong so badly, I'm still sort of Once Bitten kind of thing, if you know what I mean.

Already is Karl, albeit on a Dastek chip, but with all the mods it's making 205bhp at the wheels, 242bhp at the fly. I could see more from a KPro I reckon so that will be one of the first "big" expenditures.

Already is Karl, albeit on a Dastek chip, but with all the mods it's making 205bhp at the wheels, 242bhp at the fly. I could see more from a KPro I reckon so that will be one of the first "big" expenditures.

Good power, I remember how well my EP3 shifted with 201bhp at the wheels and 180ft/lb of torque.

Cheers Nick, it does shift some. Haven't had chance to really test it due to the weather, butt it seems to pull smoothly all the way through the revs. The map is lovely and smooth on the curves, I'll get a pic up later.

Post your random thoughts here

Retrimming door cards for the DC5 today, pics will follow later. Hopefully will look superb and have cost the grand total of £10 materials and all.

So, when i got the car there was some damage to the door material, i said i'd sort it ASAP. So i got on EBay and purchased some Faux Suede material for £6 for 1mtr x 1.5mtr. Then got hold of some contact adhesive and started the job. The door cards came off very easily, which i was pleased with.

This pic shows the Drivers Side Damage

Door Cards Re-Trimmed In Suede, Drivers Side Damage by www.dpjphotography.co.uk, on Flickr

This one shows the Passenger Side Damage

Door Cards Re-Trimmed In Suede, Passenger Damage by www.dpjphotography.co.uk, on Flickr

And the final re-trimmed doors

Door Cards Re-Trimmed In Suede by www.dpjphotography.co.uk, on Flickr

The final items look great in the flesh, they are slightly lighter than the seat material, but you can only spot it in the daylight, with the doors closed it's not as visible.

Back