• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

NYA's DC5**Couple Of Photos, before the update later this week**

Looks good mate. I was tempted with these when I had my DC5.

Hopefully I may have another in a week or two. Have to meet up for a drive. You're North Devon arent you?

Yeah I am mate. If you're up for it, I'll be at Smeatharpes on the 22nd with a couple of the drift boys I know.

Got a few recent pictures from last weekends clean and wax.

a6yge3ym.jpg

gany4ezy.jpg

And a close up of my bonnet buttons, brilliant little things, they're about the size of a Ping pong ball but have the holding strength of over 150lb each one, should be enough to hold my BC bonnet down.

y2e3e4e4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheer lads. It's changed a bit since I first got it and I'm nowhere near finished yet. Looking at wide arch kits as of right now after seeing a Scroll Customs car on Instagram. I'll get a pic later to see people opinions.

What do those buttons do mate ?

They're bonnet catches for the carbon bonnet joe. I was going to get the Aerocatches, but I was always a little sceptical of the size of them and wanted something a little more subtle. I found these Quik Catch Minis on a website and thought they'd fit the bill perfectly.

TL:DR, they hold the bonnet down bud lol

Yeah but Carbon Bonnets don't have the catch bolted in, instead it's bonded to the fibreglass that makes up the rib structure. For extra safety all manufacturers recommend extra bonnet catches to eliminate it smashing back and taking out your windscreen.

Just picked this Cobra race seat up for an absolute steal, it needs rails knocking up for it but that's pretty easy to do, and there's a small, 2-3mm(?) tear on the left shoulder, but Lyns has said she can fix that easily. Best part is, it's big ass size so I actually fit in it well :lol:

apavade7.jpg

Cheers Pete, cheers Craig.

It's not too bad Ed. Tbh after this summer is done, the car will become a weekend warrior as I'm getting a more sensible daily. So it will be fit for purpose by then.

Just picked this Cobra race seat up for an absolute steal, it needs rails knocking up for it but that's pretty easy to do, and there's a small, 2-3mm(?) tear on the left shoulder, but Lyns has said she can fix that easily. Best part is, it's big ass size so I actually fit in it well :lol:

apavade7.jpg

Had exactly the same seat in my RX7. Great seat

Yeah still go it Mart but it's close to the death I reckon. I've abused the crap out of it for just under a year so it's no wonder. When we move I'm looking at a sensible family style car, and the Teg will be my toy.

Back