• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Suits' JDM S2000

Just been messing around a little......

Bedfords34.jpg

Yeah, not too sure on the polished. The wheels were the only flaw with the car, cool job you have corrected it!

Just not too sure on ther old polished.

Nice car of course

Nick

you want me to sort the base map out or do you want to wait, its looking like middle of august but if you can drum up some bussiness i maybe be able to pull him over sooner :D

ps car is looking uber clean, i have just seen the pics from docklands meet, mine looks like a **** box compared to yours and J's

Nick

you want me to sort the base map out or do you want to wait, its looking like middle of august but if you can drum up some bussiness i maybe be able to pull him over sooner :D

ps car is looking uber clean, i have just seen the pics from docklands meet, mine looks like a **** box compared to yours and J's

Cheers man :D .

Well, yeah. A base map will be a good idea, as I can get my mani and such fitted at TGM on Thursday.

However, I dont have a decat and Modifry AFR display thing yet.

My best bet may well be to wait until Mid August then.

I know Harv wants a map for his DC5 too :) .

yeah spoke to harv, your prob right, get it all fitted, when you find the decat etc get that done, hell we can fit that bad boy the day before tuning or something like that

the modifry ect thing i have but having problems with it, so is a guy in the usa, so we are speaking to bob( modifry guy) and trying to sort it, maybe bad batch of chips

hopefully he may come over sooner, as he may have a 600 bhp ep3 to retune aswell so more cars i can get for him the better

we will all have to go out again

Urrgh,

Just got back from TGM, where I was going for a service, check over (as this is the fist time the S2000 has been near a garage since I bought it) and a FRSU, all being well.

Can't do the FRSU due to one of front bushes being seized, its not really a surprise for the bushes to sieze on S2000's. Tom said that sometimes you can roll a '99 car in and all will be fine and sometimes a '07 will come in and they're all solid. Its totally random.

I was kind of expecting them to be solid really, sods law and all that, but as it happens all are well bar ONE.

I would be happier if they were all solid really as its only the one of eight thats stopping me.

There is a way around it, but its $$.

The bush would need to be cut out, which is fidily and can take a long long time.

Tom said that to put a price on it im looking at 2 Mugen front bushes £60, two new adjustable screws to replace the one that will be cut out £60 (always a good idea to buy the two screws and bushes anyway to replace old if doing this) then time to switch it all round. All in all about £400/£450. Then the settings ontop of that £90.

As the car is looking pretty good on the OEM settings it may be a bit of a overkill doing this for something that is worth it, but maybe not the price tag attached to it now. £500+. Tom agreed.

Gutted.

Tom had a snoop around, checked all the oil levels and conditions (gear box & diff), and a test drive.

Everything was spot on and Tom was impressed by it. Good good.

By the looks of things the plugs, gearbox oil and Diff fluid were all pretty new and didnt need replacing, so it was just a oil and filter change that I had.

I also grabbed a Skunk2 magnetic sump plug to replace the OEM one, just as this is good housekeeping.

Tom also dropped the front coilovers by about 10mm just to give it a better stance than it had before.

All in all it was a bit of an overkill to go all the way down there for just an oil change, but having someone you trust and knows what he is on about give you the thumbs up, is something thats hard to find. So not all is lost. I am however broken in regard to the FRSU. Damn.

Now that thats sorted, next its getting my performance parts fitted, Header, decat and AEM ECU ready for MASE :twisted: .

All in all it was a bit of an overkill to go all the way down there for just an oil change, but having someone you trust and knows what he is on about give you the thumbs up, is something thats hard to find. So not all is lost. Damn. .

Exactly why mine is going in at the end of the Month. Will be nice to get a verdict on the car from Tom.

Back