• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Yoshinoya

The Cleaning Guide

Do you need to clay every time you wash?
  2. Yoshinoya

Light's, camera, HID kit!

Silly question but how do I know whether the KIT is designed for reflector lenses? thanks, Yoshi P.S. I hate the fact that the 'Reply to Thread' button is underneath where you write (Written this same comment 3 times now) and when your done you press it and everything disappears!
  3. Yoshinoya

Whats your thoughts on the pipecross cold air intake?

lol Obviously this isn't an induction of choice.. Hence no opinions - apart from my own.. It's okay - but that's what you get from Halfords :D
  4. Yoshinoya

Light's, camera, HID kit!

Hi there, Just wondering if its possible to fit face-lift headlights onto pre-facelift EP3? Reason being is because I fancy having some HID's but it becomes a MOT failure if you stick HID's inside pre-facelift EP3. All the best, Yoshi
  5. Yoshinoya

EP3 Pre-Facelift, Bi-Xenon or Normal Xenon

is this road legal though?
  6. Yoshinoya

Unsure about my ECU

Ill go to a RR and check then - ECU. Must mean it's not mapped right because coming off the line is a real pain
  7. Yoshinoya

A basic guide to foaming.

Cheers mate
  8. Yoshinoya

NHB I want it swirl free

Yes I'm after the best way to remove swirls - so far I'm thinking.. 1.Rinse 2.Wash (two Bucket method) 3.Clay bar 4.Super Resin Polish 5. Megs Ultimate compound/Ultra-cut compound(mild abrasive to remove swirls) 6.Ultra-deep Shine 7.Wax ...Thats just the car, then there the wheels :)
  9. Yoshinoya

The Cleaning Guide

So that tar remover - do we need to use that, or are we okay with just the clay bar? -Yoshi
  10. Yoshinoya

My nhb ep3

Yes great work there, I've been trying to get my paint work top notch but after using this naf stuff they call 'G3' I wasn't impressed. I know I'll need to get the front bumper resprayed (any idea on costs?) but theres swirls I can work on - so I'll give Megs 3 step a go. Cheers, Yoshi
  11. Yoshinoya

Unsure about my ECU

Hi TRO, Had the beauty for almost a year now and not sure about what the ECU is and how it's been mapped? The previous owner didn't know either. I'm not convinced it's been mapped properly because off the line, it's such a drag to get going. Then again, that may be inherent with the CAI kits as...
  12. Yoshinoya

Suspension for beginners

Yes exactly, they had (for some unknown reason) adjusted the front coilovers higher than the rear two - resulted in the car wondering all over the place when you put your foot down. That's all sorted now, got the front down and it handles fine ;)
  13. Yoshinoya

A basic guide to foaming.

Sorry about the ignorance, but these PW, do they feed from a tap/do you feel it up? I'm using 2 bucket method and TBH it's great... If you've got half a day to spare.
  14. Yoshinoya

Suspension for beginners

See the previous owners of my CTR didn't finish the job of tuning it - so the task has been handed down to me :) BC coilovers work a treat but a couple things that are lacking are perhaps the FRSU and the acceleration from static. I'll sort the FRSU first and then see what everyone else has to...
  15. Yoshinoya

Whats your thoughts on the pipecross cold air intake?

As it says above - I have one but not impressed the way my CTR accelerates from stationary.. Thinking about an ITG maxogen instead -Yoshi
  16. Yoshinoya

Suspension for beginners

Is it worth it then?
  17. Yoshinoya

Suspension for beginners

Any words on how it would effect normal commuter driving? Someone said it wears the outer edge of the tyres faster?
  18. Yoshinoya

Buddy Club + MOT = "Computer says no"

Hi folks, Got an MOT due very soon and would like to determine the steps to take in order to pass it. I know the pipe goes straight through and it's decat but what can I do - just go for it with my mitts crossed? or buy a OEM pipe + cat? Thanks very much for you help, Yoshi
  19. Yoshinoya

Clutch crunch

Cheers rossy :D
  20. Yoshinoya

Clutch crunch

Does that include the new clutch? Any comments on organic stage 1 clutch? or should I just go for oem replacement?
  21. Yoshinoya

Clutch crunch

Hi, The 1st and 2nd gear is starting to crunch and reverse is anoying to engage, anyone got any ideas what's going on? CTR EP3 has done around 60K. All the best, Yoshi
  22. Yoshinoya

Little help with suspension please.

With the price of the components one needs for FRSU; Parts + Labour + GEO = £300-£400 Tweaked up the suspension and gosh does it make a difference to road holding. I haven't completed the setup yet, just waiting on the parts, but I can't wait for the results.
  23. Yoshinoya

Measuring suspension

What does it mean to have 30mm drop from OEM springs? and how do you determine that? where abouts to do you take that measurement? all the best, Yoshi
  24. Yoshinoya

Best street pad, Project mu type ns , project mu b spec or dixcel z pads

Would you say best road use is EBC redstuff? I was considering Ferados but since reading this has changed my mind - if what your saying is credible?
  25. Yoshinoya

Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110

EP3 - thoughts? I thought I'd go for Kumho KU31 because I'm on a medium-tight budget and they've had appraisal with regards to price, grip, durability etc. All the best, Yoshi
  26. Yoshinoya

Getting rid of my BC coilovers

Can't imagine what you're pertaining to or how you were under the impression that was happening? Merely expressing my thoughts and plans as to what my thoughts on coilvers were :)
  27. Yoshinoya

If theres a leak on a strut then how do you fix it?
  28. Yoshinoya

Tyres are due for replacing

cool, I didn't realise.
  29. Yoshinoya

Bird droppings

cool I'll give it a go, anyone with NHB CTR - attempt to remove bird droppings asap otherwise it's a headache ;)
  30. Yoshinoya

clutch/gearbox problems

My gears are starting to feel crunchy - how do you bleed a clutch. I'll youtube it :)
  31. Yoshinoya

There's one set on ebay but he wants 225 - expensive.
  32. Yoshinoya

:D lol laughed when I read this - well it's a manga and anime called Naruto. Wikkid series but the avatar really stands on its own. Testament to the great character himself. Naruto. If your into manga then I recommend it.
  33. Yoshinoya

Anyone know how much they would expect to pay for a set of 2nd hand OEM struts and springs for an CTR EP3?
  34. Yoshinoya

Bird droppings

lol Yes and unfortunately its just birds that grow on trees ;) someone else said t-cut so i'll give that a whirl - it's really annoying!
  35. Yoshinoya

I haven't got rear adjustable camber arm and bolts yet.. Also I can't get rid of these coilovers until I get some OEM struts. Once the OEM struts come through, I'll do tyres, geo, brake pads (because they are screeching), at then FRSU. Then I'll post some pics of my ride when its fini :D
  36. Yoshinoya

Plan on going FRSU but at the moment I'm trying to work out what the previous owner had in mind when they set this CTR up? I know ECU has been tweaked so that it goes ape at the higher rev range because when you're pulling away at the lights/from stationary. It makes such a noise before it's...
  37. Yoshinoya

The outside edge of the front two tyres has worn out - but now I've just got to wait till a set of OEM struts become available before I change tyres :(
  38. Yoshinoya

I've got wear on the outer edge of my two front corners :( .. might be +ve camber? Before I replace them (with Kumho KU31), the coilovers are being replaced by OEM+Eibach pro kits and then geo. Makes sense? Yoshi
  39. Yoshinoya

FRSU

rear lower control arms?
  40. Yoshinoya

FRSU

Apart from handing this to the guys at the alignment place, and having the rear camber adjusters, what else do you need for FRSU? Cheers, Yoshi
  41. Yoshinoya

Bird droppings

Didn't wash the car for a few weeks and left some bird stuff on there. Washed it, and now, the bird mess has stained the paint work, any suggestions - apart from the obvious.. Yes lesson learnt :) Shoot the birds before they come near your CTR lol
  42. Yoshinoya

Yes that the idea - I'm looking for some OEM's on ebay and I'll put Eibachs on. Pro kit or Sport line? Then I was thinking of going for the FRSU - but was worried if this will make the ride a bone shaker? regards, Yoshi
  43. Yoshinoya

Please do not advertise parts for sale or swap till you meet the criteria laid out within the for sale section. - MilanoChris
  44. Yoshinoya

Oil needs replacing

Cheers Dotty, last it was changed was July just gone.. So I'll probably change it in January - maybe get some oil in the sales ;) All the best
  45. Yoshinoya

Oil needs replacing

.. and another thing, how often does it need replacing? Cheers
  46. Yoshinoya

Oil needs replacing

Sweet, cheers mate Safe driving, during these winter weeks everyone ;)
  47. Yoshinoya

Oil needs replacing

Hi, oil looks like it will need replacing soon on my EP3, wondering whether it needs a different kind for this winter weather? all the best, Yoshi
  48. Yoshinoya

Fault list after first mechanical check-up.

LOL yes. Thanks for clearing that up for me. Does anyone else have a de-cat and can get passed their MOT?
  49. Yoshinoya

Have you any more info on the FRSU?
  50. Yoshinoya

Yeah, if that's the case with the pins then do the calipers need replacing? I knew there was a de-cat in there but when the mechanics said it didn't have a catalytic converter, does that mean he wasn't familiar with this kind of set-up? or hinting at an MOT failure?
  51. Yoshinoya

Both front brake calipers play in sliders o/s/f Tyre inner edge No catalitic converter n/s/f Track rod play+gaiter split o/s/f '' '' '' '' '' Rear engine mount o/s/f Brake light o/s/f side light Newbie to the car scene, but I can replace those lights but what do you...
  52. Yoshinoya

Gruppe M

I was going to say, upgrading the ecu just to install the GM would of been costly. Sure, would of been worth it though :) Tegiwa GM? hmmm I'll check it out - what's the verdict?
  53. Yoshinoya

Brake pads

What tool are you referring to?
  54. Yoshinoya

Brake pads

Yeah I just got a link from this forum and shows how to do it picture by picture :D Just need to get hold of some tools now.. O and some brake pads ;) All the best
  55. Yoshinoya

Brake pads

Just went down to me local garage (national tyres) and they said they can't fit any other brake pads apart from theirs because of insurance etc.:mad: ??? Something about, if they fit other pads on and I have an accident, their insurance won't cover for the accident. Blah Blah Blah. :p Looking...
  56. Yoshinoya

Coilover concerns

Yes, I thought to do it without the spanners but tech guy from BC-racing said to use C spanners. They're only a 10 for a pair. Can't wait to go with the FRSU because I hear most type-r owners use it and it's all positives :) Excellent, cheers hope you can find them, I'll appreciate it because...
  57. Yoshinoya

Gruppe M

Does the GM work okay with the standard ecu?
  58. Yoshinoya

Coilover concerns

Hello, Bought an EP3 2002 with mods installed. One mod is the BC-racing coilovers, and I would like to readjust them because they have bottomed-out on me a few times :( Once the C spanners arrive, the heights can change, however, I don't know what heights to set them to?? Any insight into...
Back