• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Hondaphile

CTR Facelift owners.. What headlight bulbs do you use?

I use Osram Nightbreaker Plus H1 bulbs too, only because I could get hold of some sooner than a set of OEM. Well priced for a good quality bulb and throw decent light. As for fitting (FL model), slightly tricky and will possibly involve a few swear words. The passenger side is easier due to...
  2. Hondaphile

'Weathered' headlights

I'd imagine some of you may have seen or even have headlights that have become 'weathered.' The only way I can describe this is that the outer part of the front light clusters look dull/grey/faded and even feel sort of rough when feeling the affected part (by affected part I mean on mine it...
  3. Hondaphile

Valuation input please....

Oh, and would be sold with JDM mats!
  4. Hondaphile

Valuation input please....

I'm thinking of selling on the EP3, however reluctant however I need to save some moolah etc etc, but not quite sure how much she's worth and need your help......It's a NHB 05 model, just over 40k on the clock, full history (most recent done at 40k), had a new dealer fitted mid-pipe fitted in...
  5. Hondaphile

Renewal stitch up!

^Those guys^ Sky. At first they could'nt insure me because I wasn't 25, but went out their way to look into it then could cover me, cheapest for me so far!
  6. Hondaphile

Sorted!! Thanks to Sky

After grumbling about my current insurers (them with the nodding dog) having my pants down with my renewal, Sky Insurance hava done some digging and managed to get me a policy that not only beats theirs, it wees all over it at nearly £500 less! At fist they said they could'nt give me a policy as...
  7. Hondaphile

Insurers having my pants down!

Sky won't insure me because 1. I'm 24 not 25 and 2. because of the type of car it is!! Smells like bulls**t to me! Now, if I had 3 Ferraris and just added the 4th to the policy, I had 9 points on my license and had ran over an killed 7 people then fair do's, but I havn't!
  8. Hondaphile

Ive checked admiral and they're pretty much the same as churchill are, sky will be calling me tomorrow with their quote. I payed £1017 last year, and now they want like £1500 this year, still with a clean licence, 6 NCB and no mods? I think they need to stop buying their calculators from ebay!
  9. Hondaphile

I have always been with Adrian Flux, they are the bomb and they even insured me on my ol skyline when I was 21 but had to leave them when Churchill would cover me on my EP3 the cheapest, naturally. I'll try the ones you guys suggested. Thanks for your input
  10. Hondaphile

Just got the Renewal through today. Now, still with a clean licence and 6 years NCB, they have somehow increased the premium by £500! So, this begs the question guys "Which brokers are worth getting a quote from!" I don't know the rules on mentioning company names so without taking the risk, I'm...
  11. Hondaphile

Another Blower Question

Resistor!
  12. Hondaphile

Unusual Noise when Clutch out.

Mine does it also, 38k miles and suspected the clutch release bearing. It gets louder as I free-wheel in 3rd and 4th mainly. I think I'll wait till service at 40k to get it sorted.
  13. Hondaphile

DC5 Door Sensors playing up

The door sensors earth via the screw that holds them in place, so if theres a build up of scale on the threads etc it may not be earthing. So my advice would be to unscrew them in and out a few times to bare the metal contact surface, and/or take them out and clean with WD-40 or similar and try...
  14. Hondaphile

confused about oil level?

Whilst on the subject of oil, whats the best oil for the k20? I don't track my car and rarely hammer it.....
  15. Hondaphile

Fuel pump wire

Either way, to get to relays or fusebox, it has to get from the pump to them in a loom somewhere down middle of car.
  16. Hondaphile

Fuel pump wire

Thanks, I'll let him know, but I'm guessing that if it goes to the ECU, it will be running under the centre console/handbrake surroundings? Cheers rf55
  17. Hondaphile

Fuel pump wire

Hey! A friend asked me if I knew what colour wire is for the fuel pump on an EP3 and the best/easiest place is to access it is? Something to do with a fuel system he wants to fit. As I didn't know, I thought I'd ask you guys, so...."what colour wire is for the fuel pump on an EP3 and the...
  18. Hondaphile

Fuel pump wire (colour)

Did you ever find out which colour wire was for the fuel pump?
  19. Hondaphile

Rough sound from engine area ???

Does it sound worse when you free-wheel/de-accelarate? I have a dry bearing sounding noise, in fact thats exactly how I'd describe it too, and that seems to become louder under de-accelarating. I've researched it and the only possible culprit was the clutch release bearing but after seeing...
  20. Hondaphile

Tinny rattle/vibration

Thanks fella, will do it now
  21. Hondaphile

Tinny rattle/vibration

At around 2-3k rpm, a tinny sounding rattle/vibration noise can be heard from my EP3 and it's really starting to do my loaf in! I've heard it could be a heatshield of some sort, but whats the best way to deal with it? Take them off? Replace them? I am also aware that this is common but need to...
  22. Hondaphile

Yes/No? I need to know asap!

Ok, thanks guys. It turns out it's just the splitter for rear bumper that's needed. My mate asks, hes looking to buy a slightly damaged EP3 and is looking at what parts are needed and at what cost. If he can get hold of a bumper with a splitter, then happy days, but if he just finds a splitter...
  23. Hondaphile

Righ, get you. So it should fit, but just may look a little different :)
  24. Hondaphile

The bumpers were the only change cosmetically? Both or front?
  25. Hondaphile

Will a rear bumper from a 51 plate EP3 fit an 05 EP3? I ask because the 05 plate is the facelift version and wondered if anything will have changed to affect the fitment/shape of the bumper!
  26. Hondaphile

EP3 bulb replacement

Indeed. Thanks pal! :)
  27. Hondaphile

EP3 bulb replacement

because it's my mates garage workshop and left it there when I was there last. He borrowed it when he worked on something on a customers EP3
  28. Hondaphile

EP3 bulb replacement

...but that's at the garage! By 'guide' I meant on this forum
  29. Hondaphile

EP3 bulb replacement

Nice one fella, thanks
  30. Hondaphile

EP3 bulb replacement

Firstly, can anyone confirm that the headlight/dipped bulb type on an 05 EP3 is a H1, and also, is there a guide on 'how to' change them? I've a good idea on how to, involving removing the wheel arch lining and doing it this way, but need to know for definate. Thanks
  31. Hondaphile

Big Service 36000 miles (ish)

The coolant reservoir has a high and low marking on it. If you stand in front of car and look down the neck of the reservoir, you can see these markings on the side of the reservoir tank facing the cabin. If you cannot see the coolant level, try shaking the reservoir whilst looking and you'll...
  32. Hondaphile

Problem with power window auto-up feature

Mines an 05 and does this also. I reset the window by holding the button down for 3 seconds, this cures it but for a short while only. I just use the manual part now to avoid it going up, just to come down again. I believe that on going upward, if the window feels tension/tight it will go down...
  33. Hondaphile

Insurance Warning

If they have still been taking your money then what the hell were you paying for? The snakes. I'd go to a claims court!
  34. Hondaphile

Gearbox gear syncro's, and other stuff.

mines got 36k on her, the snatching isnt too bad/very slight but I am a bit of a nit picker, proven by mates having a go to find no problem at all. I find if I drive any other vehicle like the station van that has a horrible shifting feel, then get back in my ep3, it feels perfect and wonder why...
  35. Hondaphile

feeling light when steering???

over inflated tyres can make steering feel lighter
  36. Hondaphile

car died

apparantly if tanks run on reserve, all the crap at bottom of tank tends to be sucked through so maybe worth replacing fuel filter??
  37. Hondaphile

Gearbox gear syncro's, and other stuff.

My car often snatches 2nd, and also a bit knocky over small bumps etc. However after warming up it seems to be a bit better. I've heard the boxes in lower gears are renowned for being clunky whilst cold but think I'll wait until after/during service to rectify these issues. Also, also what I've...
  38. Hondaphile

dash silver

Can anyone tell me the colour code or which silver is the colour of the centre console in an ep3. I've recently bought an ISO din pocket so I can fit an after market stereo but is a darker grey to the true colour of the dash. As it blended with the new stereo, I thought I'd let it off without re...
  39. Hondaphile

A thread for the ICE section really, but......

But, what difference does it make? Its a 'General' question
  40. Hondaphile

A thread for the ICE section really, but......

....Ive just removed standard head unit from my EP3 and re fitted an aftermarket unit, but, the adaptor fascia/pocket thing is off colour to the silvery grey colour of the fascia panel. So was wondering if any of you have had this issue also, and if and where you can get hold of a matching...
  41. Hondaphile

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Giving it thought, id like a 'poo driver indicator' alerting me of a crap/inexperienced/old/chav drivers, but it would be on constantly from round here!!
  42. Hondaphile

Amp power cable

The small oval one? I know im making a bit of a fuss but im confused. Can any one provide a photo of this grommet. The grommet i can see is oval, about as big as two two pound coins next to eachother and is easiest to get to nearest the top right hand side of engine bay ( stood in front of car...
  43. Hondaphile

Amp power cable

Ive found 3 grommets, one of which i can see the other end of from inside car, its a round one, similar sized diameter of a cup. Ive tried pushing cable through but doesnt go. The smaller oval grommet, ive popped out as i tried this one first as its easier to access, naturally, but the cables...
  44. Hondaphile

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

hahaha, brill! :lol:
  45. Hondaphile

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Good point HazztheJazz, never thought of that! But they must also have no feeling either
  46. Hondaphile

Vtec light......hmmmmm!

Right, I decided to go ahead and fit a vtec l.e.d. to the EP3, got the tools ready and everything, but, just as I was about to get stuck in, a little l.e.d. of my own went off inside my head. This was then followed by a thought, which was... "why do I need an l.e.d. telling me the vtec's kicked...
  47. Hondaphile

Amp power cable

Ive had a try today at 1, finding the hole, and 2 feed the cable through it! Ive found what I think is the hole you mention, an oval grommet with an existing conduit already going through it?? Is that the one? But, tried getting the cable through it, but it wont go! I then went into car, dropped...
  48. Hondaphile

ep3 problem?

Has your battery got a condition indicator? I think green means ok, yellow means it needs charge and blue means its kerputten! Something like that.
  49. Hondaphile

Advice on keeping your car safe

....didn't know that (number 1!)
  50. Hondaphile

White gunk in oil

I make a short journey to work also, for both my jobs, but saying that, the temp gauge is just on the operating temp mark as i arrive. I try to make sure it is as I know frequent, short journeys aren't good. However, I havn't noticed any white gunk and normally check engine etc every weekend. I...
  51. Hondaphile

problem: EP3 door rattle

I found this too, and am also called Dan...weird eh! Without taking anything to bits, i just got a roll of tape, wide enough to wedge in the door pocket! Works fine but it doesnt have to be tape, anything thats wide enough to press against either side of the door pocket. This is probably a bit...
  52. Hondaphile

Sub And Amp To Standard Headunit

It WILL sound rubbish with the LOC, honestly, I've fitted endless ICE to many cars using the original stereo with a LOC and never been impressed. Upgrade to an aftermarket unit, it'll save you fitting a LOC, (and depending on the make and quality) sound far better, have more tuning adjustment...
  53. Hondaphile

Does this sound like a typical heat shield noise?

mine makes a similar noise at 3000 rpm too. I suspected heatshield too!
  54. Hondaphile

Amp power cable

Nice one Milanochris. Ill have a look in the morning. Thanks for your input
  55. Hondaphile

Amp power cable

Hey! :lol: Im wanting to fit an amp in my EP3 but unlike Hondas I've owned in the past I cant find a hole to route the power cable from engine bay to interior. Just wondering if you have found one and where etc or if not, how have you manaed it? Help will be much appreciated. Thanks :confused:
Back