• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. bunnykins

ep3 original headlights

wow you did a great job on those headlights !! thanks for the kind offer but youre miles away, im up in durham lol
  2. bunnykins

MOT - EP3 - Headlights badly corroded

Mines really badly corroded, i sprayed lacquer last yr but that didnt work well, just all cloudy n lumpy. I probably need to use corse grade sandpaper to see if it can be salvaged. May have a look at the autoglym kit.
  3. bunnykins

MOT - EP3 - Headlights badly corroded

Where can i urgently buy a set please. Need them before friday for MOT. Also will the facelift model lights fit an 02 plate without any modification ? Thanks
  4. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

Well I couldnt find the nut to drain the clutch, but i syringed some of the fluid out and top it up with fresh. The clutch seems to be ok. The old fluid is green probably algae haha. Probably need to renew the fluid completely.
  5. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

yes and accident free :)
  6. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

i just checked and the level is at the max and the top bit felt like there is a vacumn when i pull it out, so i did not top it up, i screw the lid back on. i pump the clutch but its still light. it goes into gears but i havent started the car today so i dont know if the gears will work if i...
  7. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

how do you bleed the clutch ?
  8. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

thanks everyone that was helpful, will check it today and hope its an easy fix had the car 18 yrs and still did not know there is no clutch cable :)
  9. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

i know its the two nuts both sides of the handbrake, used to do them before MOT but i think they are right at the end of adjustments now
  10. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

yesterday before i started the car, i could select the gears but today could not engage the gears and the clutch is very light and only abit of resistance near the floor. no cable ? ok will check fluid tomorrow. what fluid do i need to top up if its low ?
  11. bunnykins

ep3 original headlights

my headlights are badly corroded, whats the best route ? try and restore ? buy a set from breakers or buy the later model headlights ? car due for mot next week is it a mot failure if its badly corroded ? thks
  12. bunnykins

ep3 clutch

my ctr was sorn but now after 8 months i am getting it back on the road. mot is booked next week. bought a new battery for it started ok but i think the clutch cable is loose as the pedal goes down to the floor with some resistance at the end. anyone know how much to replace clutch cable ? i...
  13. bunnykins

pads and disc set front and rear - ep3

Thank you all for your replies, much appreciated
  14. bunnykins

pads and disc set front and rear - ep3

how much would these be and where from please ?
  15. bunnykins

done 160k miles do i need new shocks ?

front drivers side knocking over bumps
  16. bunnykins

Spark plugs - To grease or not to grease?

isnt the grease suppose to stop the plugs seizing up after a long time ?
  17. bunnykins

CTR 2002 - MOT - same every year - handbrake efficiency

well same again this year, failed on handbrake efficiency :( anyone know how much for track rod end ball joints nearside and offside [ excessive play ] but i cant feel any play myself this is with kwit fit again :(
  18. bunnykins

EP3 - 2002 yr

had its mot awhile ago, garage changed the front ball joint but since then the car is heavy on the steering to turn left on normal speeds any ideas ?
  19. bunnykins

funny you should say that - picked up my ctr drove few miles down the road and burning smell, stopped and the driver's side rear disc was red hot and burning, had to crawl back and then loosen the handbrake cables. my ctr never did that. drove home after, hope it will be okay from now.
  20. bunnykins

FK8 NEW TYPE R

has many members bought the new type R ? just that a saw one in the flesh at local honda garage in Durham looks impressive and OTT lol makes my CTR Mk1 looks OFD [ out of date ] haha
  21. bunnykins

why does my ctr always have same issues every year ! handbrake efficiency ! i normally adjust / tighten the handbrake cable on the inside and usually gets it through, but since i have not been using my ctr i have over-tighten it but i think this time it needs sorting out ? i hope they can...
  22. bunnykins

help - brakes not normal - EP3

All sorted now, garage change the brake fluid and no more fade in pedal. they also got me a 4 wheel lazer alignment as goodwill gesture. all in all happy now my CTR is back to normal. [ thanks for the advice Loxy ;) ]
  23. bunnykins

i got in touch with them and they promise to sort it out tomorrow with new fluid. thanks for your help.
  24. bunnykins

well last week they bled the system again with a suction machine but still the same. any further ideas ? can changing new fluid sort this ? booked in again tomorrow.
  25. bunnykins

thanks for the feedback, car booked in next week will ask them to do that !
  26. bunnykins

just had mot done on my ctr and its passed but they had to change balljoint on front right and brake hose on left rear. after picking up my ctr i noticed that the brake travel is twice distance on the pedal and i have to pump it again and it goes back to normal. and after a few minutes it...
  27. bunnykins

hunting idling between 1-3k revs

got my car back from kwit fit who changed my belt and this is what is happening to my car. any ideas ? would disconnecting battery reset it ? thanks
  28. bunnykins

CTR - 150k miles now - 12 years old - one owner

had the top mounts done and the knocking sounds has stopped. as to if they last as long as the honda parts i wont know but should last a few years :)
  29. bunnykins

kwit fit checked it and they say the top mounts quoted me £100 for the pair fitted, brand SZR [ oem ] how much are they from honda fitted ? and what other companies do them ? was thinking like elite in rainham or somewhere in suffolk tyre places who do these. is there an upgrade like to...
  30. bunnykins

still NOS up to the hilt then !! :) wow that is keen trackdays in europe too. yea up for meeting up soon, messg me.
  31. bunnykins

i am having it looked at today, will let you know if it is the bushes.
  32. bunnykins

bloody hell you still around ?? LOL you still have your grey CTR and doing track days ? wow thats fab !!
  33. bunnykins

the creaking must be the wishbone bushes ? mines been knocking for awhile :) yea test driven a few cars but none as nice as CTR. tried an A8 but that had 2 sec turbo lag - diesel !!
  34. bunnykins

well i have been pleased with my ctr had it from new and just over 150k miles still going strong. i think a few things need looking at - suspension creaking abit and knocking in the fronts - anyone know what this is and how much are honda springs and shocks ? screeching sound when i start...
  35. bunnykins

Rep Spoon N1 defect - J Performance

its not surface marks, its quite deep thou not showing up so well on the pics. i did not expect to be doing that on a new product !
  36. bunnykins

Rep Spoon N1 defect - J Performance

i recieved my exhaust from j performance and it has a fault - see attached photo. any ideas of how to get rid of this ? it looks like the bung hole has been grinded down. i have contacted them and they have gone quiet. thanks
  37. bunnykins

tyre size question

what is the difference between 205/40/17 and 205/45/17 on driving, and will both fit on CTR EP3 ?
  38. bunnykins

central locking randomly clicking

has anyone had this before ? central locking kept clicking randomly and stops after car driven for awhile.
  39. bunnykins

EP3 blue led strips - footwell - simple wiring

Is there one or two wires, do I need to earth one ?
  40. bunnykins

got mine from amazon just need fitting instructions :)
  41. bunnykins

hi, anyone know how i can wire these in so that they come on when i say, turn the side lights or headlights on ? i was thinking perhaps the cigirette lighter wires as i dont ever use them ? basically i just need them to come on when the headlights are on. thanks - step by step guide or video...
  42. bunnykins

EP3 headlight adjustment

Mine used to work for many years, only recently one side stop working. Thanks for instructions to adj the beam.
  43. bunnykins

EP3 headlight adjustment

EP3 headlight adjustment Had anyone posted a thread or video on how to service or adjust the headlights ? I ask cos one side of my lights does not go up or down when I move the interior knob to adj the headlights. Any ideas what I should check to get it working again ? Thanks
  44. bunnykins

CTR Facelift owners.. What headlight bulbs do you use?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-High-Main-Full-upgrade-HeadLight-12-01-/dp/B004XMB0VE/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1356773804&sr=8-16I just bought and fitted these, looks a nice bright blue, they should be a lot better than standard. But not driven at night yet.
  45. bunnykins

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

maybe someone can update this thread, that the buzzing noise can come from the manifold heatshield and also the cat heatshield, in my case it was both that had corroded and was loose.
  46. bunnykins

Rattle / Buzz noise coming from engine bay or underneath the CTR at 4000rpm ? Anyone

will take the cat heatsheilds off when i get the chance, hey thanks for all comments ! i've not log on for awhile and this forum is still the best for advice and member support, keep up the good work ! thanks
  47. bunnykins

Rattle / Buzz noise coming from engine bay or underneath the CTR at 4000rpm ? Anyone

i just took the manifold heat shield off :evil: ............... and fitted my quickshift intake [ very old school ] :lol: .....still love the noise it makes ! also one of my rocker cover nut came off as i was tightening it !!! [ honda said leave it unless i have an oil leak ] and the bonnet...
  48. bunnykins

this is the parts price i have been quoted from honda : cat shield top £50.10 cat shield bottom £50.10 manifold shield £50.30 sump £261.98 f**k me sideways !! :)
  49. bunnykins

wont it damage the cat if the heatsheild is off ? :) that would be costly :)
  50. bunnykins

:) they also said that my sump has a small crack which thefilled with putty stuff temp, so how easy to replace sump and is it a dealer part £ ? thks
  51. bunnykins

kwit fit put is up on the ramp for me - looks like its the manifold heat shield and the cat heat shield both corroded !!! where can i get these from, of would it be ok to do without :)) [ prob not ! ] thanks anyone know how much from hondas ?
  52. bunnykins

has anyone experience this before ? do honda charge to diagnose noise ? thks
  53. bunnykins

hi liam, yes interested. price, age and condition plse ? and pics plse email to...

hi liam, yes interested. price, age and condition plse ? and pics plse email to [email protected] i had one awhile back and i do miss the sound ! do u have the bung too ? thanks bunny
  54. bunnykins

font antiroll bar links or suspension mounts ???????????

thanks for all comments. is that the top nut you can see on the suspension ? is there one below too and how do i tighten it if its loose ? thks actually it maybe time to change the coilovers as i've done 120k now still on originals !!
  55. bunnykins

hi lottie, been awhile hows things ? i posted something re knocking noise :)

hi lottie, been awhile hows things ? i posted something re knocking noise :)
  56. bunnykins

font antiroll bar links or suspension mounts ???????????

my ctr had been knocking at the front going over bumps and really knocks in a rough uneven off / road. took it into autocentre and they say links so they replace.................still knocking now they say suspension top mount bushes . they quoted me £200 per corner !! is it a simple job ...
  57. bunnykins

Help !! ctr wont start ??

should i be doing this too ? i mean the car is running fine now after a drive without having to do the lean procedure ?
  58. bunnykins

hi, thanks for your advice on the ctr problem i had :) much appreciated. bunny

hi, thanks for your advice on the ctr problem i had :) much appreciated. bunny
  59. bunnykins

hi nosman, yes long time no see, hope you are enjoying the festive season ! will i took your advice, skipped 1,2,3 and did 4 for a short drive with some vtec-king :lol: and it's not hunting anymore !! thank you :) i do have instructions to clean the idle control now so may do it in the...
  60. bunnykins

just put a new honda battery in. idle still hunting. any ideas ?
  61. bunnykins

got in car wont start so call rac out and he connected battery to his van and he said it was flooded, but it started after many turns. trouble as it got warmer, the idle started to wonder up and down rev range between 1k rpm and 2k rpm. has anyone had this before or know what it is ? sensor or...
  62. bunnykins

hows things? not been on site for awhile, you got a type r yet ? been to any meets ? let me know...

hows things? not been on site for awhile, you got a type r yet ? been to any meets ? let me know if there is one local. thks
  63. bunnykins

Scorpion backbox for EP3 Type R 01 - 05 would you accept £50 ? i'm in ipswich

Scorpion backbox for EP3 Type R 01 - 05 would you accept £50 ? i'm in ipswich
  64. bunnykins

hi, are you back in malaysia now ?

hi, are you back in malaysia now ?
  65. bunnykins

i know wont get much for it now with 102k miles. its been reliable. hate to think if i buy...

i know wont get much for it now with 102k miles. its been reliable. hate to think if i buy something else it may not be as reliable or nice to drive. will keep looking. was offered £4k by vw garage againsta a tourage !.
  66. bunnykins

hi mate, hows things ? got a honda yet ? about time you did. do u go up to midlands ? maybe...

hi mate, hows things ? got a honda yet ? about time you did. do u go up to midlands ? maybe interested in SR's buddy club but far away ! thks bunny
  67. bunnykins

hey i am in bury tomorow for meeting at 3.00pm should be finsihed by 5.00pm. fancy meeting up ?

hey i am in bury tomorow for meeting at 3.00pm should be finsihed by 5.00pm. fancy meeting up ?
  68. bunnykins

long time no speak, how r u ? bought ur lexus yet ?

long time no speak, how r u ? bought ur lexus yet ?
  69. bunnykins

hi bazza, dont know if you remember me, you did me a good deal on a spoon n1. do you have...

hi bazza, dont know if you remember me, you did me a good deal on a spoon n1. do you have another for sale new or used. bunny
  70. bunnykins

replacing brake discs

the rear discs still looks fine, smooth with no lip ! after 100k miles :confused: perhaps i'm not braking hard enough :D
  71. bunnykins

replacing brake discs

just got my fronts discs and pads done at honda and brake fluid replaced for £260. they say the back needs replacing too but the discs at the back is not worn at all just abit rusty [ does this matter ? ] but perhaps i will get them to change just the pads. or i was thinking getting mintex for...
  72. bunnykins

How much does honda charge to bleed the brakes ?

price update just got mine done at honda and its £55 now.
  73. bunnykins

How much does honda charge to bleed the brakes ?

and renew the brake fluid ? anyone, just wondered if they charge a standard or it varies. cheers
  74. bunnykins

Fast road set up in essex.

if you have the settings the nearest one to you is elite in rainham. i did have mine done there. they will give you a computer printout before and after.
  75. bunnykins

replacing brake discs

actually my rears are still good. the fronts disc are still original from when i bought the car and its done 98k miles !:o i have had the ferodo ds2500 before and they were excellent, but as i dont do track stuff i decided to use oem now.
  76. bunnykins

replacing brake discs

is that £210 disc and pads for fronts fitted, thats never with rears as well ? thats quite a good price. i hear that car companies are stopping selling their parts out so they have the monopoly, not sure if its true. i hear that jaguar are doing that as you cant buy parts.
  77. bunnykins

replacing brake discs

where is the best place to buy these ? what price are they ? and have anyone replaced their wheel bearings ? price ? cheers
  78. bunnykins

Credit crunch Jazz

somehow i can see you driving one of these :D if your after economy what about a polo ?
  79. bunnykins

FD2 Price of a NEW FD2 CTR

this will even be cheaper next year when the deep recession is with us ! ;)
  80. bunnykins

Soon to purchase my first Honda Civic (need help and advice)

to be realistic, £1k will not buy you a good car, let alone a CTR, not unless the credit crunch has got even worse !! i would say £5k is a price you should be looking at, so save up or perhaps get a loan [ i did both ] they say "you get what you pay for" and for £1k, i feel you will be...
  81. bunnykins

HOT North Weald Car Activity Day 17/10/08…

This is a Brilliant day out ! I would recommend this to anyone who hasn't done a track day before and want a taster session. It's a great way to start to learn about your driving abilities and also that of your car.............its fun finding out. thanks again to the organisers :smt023
  82. bunnykins

Invoauto Exhausts ?

saw their stand at the JAE 08 show and the quality looks great, does anyone here have the stainless steel back box or any other exhaust products ? what are they like quality + sound wise ? thks
  83. bunnykins

New Honda Civic.

can you do the new front with the FN2 behind ?
  84. bunnykins

New Honda Civic.

honda is just changing with the times.....they dont want to be left behind.
  85. bunnykins

I have £350-£400...

most of you know that i had a BC III for sometime in the past on my CTR, and i would say i did not have any problems. in fact i was pleased with the quality and sound [ which i still miss ] but it was a tad LOUD :D perhaps its the fit on the DC5s
  86. bunnykins

Magnex & ABP cen pipe & De-cat

for me after 2 years living with the BC III, nothing sounds loud anymore :D :D :D
  87. bunnykins

true :D btw it was spec III, so it WAS insanely loud .......... but it was nice :cool:
  88. bunnykins

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

just stumbled on this thread.............didnt know you have done so much to your car ! its not the same car i know from before :D its good to see you enjoying your car......great stuff ! keep up the good work. :cool:
  89. bunnykins

i have had a abp twin with unsilenced mid pipe and its not loud., so adding a decat should make a better growling sound :D
  90. bunnykins

ctr brake discs

there is a difference, i drive slow, whereas G doesn't use his brakes :D :D
  91. bunnykins

ctr brake discs

what mileage have you done ? 81k on clock and still on original discs !
  92. bunnykins

S2000 & NSX Nsx R 1994 / 19000 Km / 7M yens

its alot cheaper than a ferrari and far more reliable.:D
  93. bunnykins

Exhaust Washer ?

now that would be too naughty :D :D
  94. bunnykins

Exhaust Washer ?

its an abp unsilenced mid pipe, no worries i'll ask honda dealers about the size. cheers m8 ;)
  95. bunnykins

Exhaust Washer ?

thks chief ;) thought i'd get new one as its been on all types of zorst for the last 5 yrs! new spoon n1 on order now, given up looking for a s/h one :D the 2 bolts for the backbox, do u know where i can get shorter ones ? the original ones do not seem to be fully tightened as i recall. or...
  96. bunnykins

Exhaust Washer ?

Where is the best place to buy the washer that is used between the midpipe and the back box ? And what do you use on the joint for a better seal ? Thks
  97. bunnykins

How to change wheel bearings

does anyone have a step by step guide for this ?
  98. bunnykins

Buddyclub spec III

you wont need the retaining springs as they will on ratter like hell. if fitted properly, the connecting pipe will not work loose. if it still rattles, it could be the baffles or loose heat sheild. but wtf you wont hear much rattle about the BC III noise !!
  99. bunnykins

WHEEL BEARINGS

sounds about right - the sound is also evident going straight in my case. will change the rear tyres first thou as they are wearing out - just in case it's the tyres :D
Back