• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. klashinikov

What did you do to your Type R today?

waiting for the incoming posts of..... "My engine when bang"
  2. klashinikov

FK8 Screen backgrounds - What's yours?

https://lmgtfy.com/?q=fk8+head+unit+screen+protector+ SMH!
  3. klashinikov

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I've just put a deposit down as well....
  4. klashinikov

FK8 New FK8 owners Q&A - everything you want to know and dare to ask here

Hi All, So my FK8 went for it's first service back in July. When I checked the oil on the dipstick when I got home it was the same colour as before. I have raised a complaint with the dealer about this and a few other things that I feel they are fobbing me off on. I have just had a reply from...
  5. klashinikov

So the person who took the picture didn't think to get a better angle Instead, they took the picture at the most sh!tiest angle possible. Didn't bother to get a front view shot etc etc etc GTFO!!! There is nothing to see here!
  6. klashinikov

Fixed for you
  7. klashinikov

All I read in that article "Blah Blah Blah, I'm a pu$$y who can't handle a bit of cold" If you want heated seats, heated steering wheel etc go buy the Hyundai sh!tbox
  8. klashinikov

I read or heard somewhere that VOSA/DVLA are going to start failing MOT’s if safety recalls have not been completed. So I will pop to my Honda dealer. I also need to speak to them about the annoying rattles they apparently fixed :mad: I might wait for the courtesy call about my Mum’s Jazz and...
  9. klashinikov

Just got home to find a “6SN Important Information” letter. “Civic 5dr Trailer Hitch Vertical Load Owner’s Manual Error” “What is the issue?” “The error exists in the section relating to the trailer hitch vertical load. In your Owner’s Manual the value is given as 80kg for a vehicle with a...
  10. klashinikov

I heard this the other day. I'm going to pick up my mum's new Jazz on Wednesday. I will mention it to the dealer. Just had searched and it seems that the condensation drain is not draining properly.
  11. klashinikov

Thanks. I used this bolt. Had to be a contortionist to get under the dash :eek: The FK8 has low profile mini fuses http://lmgtfy.com/?q=low+profile+mini+fuse I had to improvise by using mini fuse in the hard wire kit of the same rating as the one I took out. I hope this wont cause any...
  12. klashinikov

I'm planning on fitting my Nextbase dashcam at some point this week. I have the hardwire kit...... https://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit Where under the driver footwell is a good place to connect the earth?
  13. klashinikov

I have been thinking of getting this. However, I might ask mook who makes the forum sticker to see if he can make one in red.
  14. klashinikov

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Fitted mine the other day
  15. klashinikov

FK8 Seat bolster wear arrrrrrrgggggh!!

@fantheman How are the covers? I'm popping over to Dream this weekend. Will it be a wasted journey? Would you mind posting some pictures?
  16. klashinikov

Yeah... I don't like the look of that. The physical buttons for the AC is ok but the buttons on the infotainment system look out of place. I've always used the volume on the steering wheel.
  17. klashinikov

FK8 Object approaching warning in rain!

So my car went in Monday and they had a look at the sensor and collision braking system and couldn't find anything. I mentioned to the service manager that there is a "fix" that Honda is working on. He didn't know anything about it. He asked where I am getting my information from, I directed him...
  18. klashinikov

Any news??? The collision braking system went haywire on me yesterday. Nothing in front of me, nice clear weather, doing about 30 mph and the car decides to slam on the brakes. Luckily no one was behind me or it could've ended badly. I wonder what the insurance company would say if someone did...
  19. klashinikov

Digital instrument panel for CTR

This might help....... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?87436-Project-ep3-s2000-clocks-video-update
  20. klashinikov

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtkGMUY-4hs Interesting. Didn't know about spark plugs being a different size
  21. klashinikov

I was hoping that this wouldn't happen to me, it has except this time it had stopped raining. I'm going to see the dealership next week Saturday about a new Jazz for my mum. I'm going to mention it to them along with the rattle in the door pillar and in the dash area.
  22. klashinikov

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Interested in the ice blue on page 2 for my Sonic Grey FK8. How easy are they to fit and remove?
  23. klashinikov

FK8 Official UK/European & US owners manuals

Can a mod sticky this post? Loxy?
  24. klashinikov

clutch replacement :-(

Personally I wouldn't buy of eBay. Any of the places Chris said are where I would go. Just checked on Cox Motor Parts £179. You know it will be a genuine part. Too many fakes on eBay. https://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/honda-shop/genuine-honda-civic-type-r-ep3-clutch-kit-2001-2005/
  25. klashinikov

****UPDATE**** So I took my car to Honda this morning and luckily they gave me a courtesy car (Jazz) Just had a call from them and they said the noise is normal. Hmmmmmm, I'm still a bit dubious. Apparently a technician, the service manager and a colleague who owns a Type R were sat in the...
  26. klashinikov

EP3 New Owner - Question about headlight bulbs

If you have a 2006 EP3 (as stated in first post) you will have projector headlights they will be rounder Unless they have been changed for pre facelift. If that's the case then they will be flat http://bfy.tw/Jqcy http://bfy.tw/Jqd3
  27. klashinikov

Front end knocking (EP3)

Engine/Gearbox mounts?
  28. klashinikov

Yeah, I'm a ex smoker so i sound like a pervert! The noise is only there when the AC is switched on cold or hot. It's not a normal AC compressor noise. I have spoken with my Honda dealer, it's going in tomorrow so they can have a look. i will update once they have a look
  29. klashinikov

Thanks for checking. I have just checked at it only happens with the heating. Normal AC is fine and no AC is fine. The noise is very faint but noticeable. youtube link.... https://youtu.be/c_PZ09qbXUU Noise starts at about 20 - 25 seconds in. Listen with headphones. You won't be able to...
  30. klashinikov

Yeah, I've only had the car 3 months. It was the peak of the heatwave so I haven't used the heating until today. Would you mind checking when you get a chance on your car?
  31. klashinikov

So my feet were a bit cold this morning so I decided to switch the heating on. Put the temperature to high. I had some tunes on, not loud. I was sat there and could hear what sounded like muffled roadworks, you know the pneumatic drill noise? Hmmmmmm. I had a look around and couldn't see...
  32. klashinikov

FK8 Misfire FK8 Type R recovered

I'll probably get ostracised for this..... Could it be OP has been ragging it from day one? Hmmmmmmmmm
  33. klashinikov

New member of Team red wing mirrors!

That Lotus :smt055:smt055:smt055
  34. klashinikov

Eh? If you mean the lane assist then yes I did. Scared the life out of me at first. I was lost in a sea of boring BMW, Mercedes, Audi and VW's Saw loads of Ford Focus RS, Golf R's and BMW M cars. One FN2. Not a single FK8 or FK2
  35. klashinikov

I went to Manchester for a wedding this weekend. Apart from the idiotic middle lane, outside lane hoggers and the lorries who sit a few feet off your bumper the FK8 is effortless on the motorway. Absolutely love the cruise control. Got loads of thumbs up from people.
  36. klashinikov

Very true. I apologise. To save any outbursts from me I've added him to my ignore list :D
  37. klashinikov

The guy is a grade A peenus! I've been on this forum long enough to know who the d!cks are.
  38. klashinikov

Thanks. Found it. I was looking for a removable cover like in the EP3. Probably why I couldn't find it in the first place.
  39. klashinikov

Thanks for your brilliant reply! Well done!
  40. klashinikov

Where the fcuk is the internal fusebox? Does the FK8 even have one?
  41. klashinikov

Need help / Advice on Brembo Brake Discs and pads (EP3)

I think the general response from most people on here would be to stay away from grooved and drilled discs. What is wrong with OEM?
  42. klashinikov

Klashinikov's Sonic Grey Pearl FK8

Pictures do not do the colour justice. You really need to see it in the flesh, in the sunlight!
  43. klashinikov

I'm not sure how to multi quote.... @dotty This is my second R and my first turbo car but it is a fantastic car! For what you are paying for you get loads. @C4Doc I had a look at all the other colours and they are boring. When the sun hits the car it looks epic. Like i said Grey, Green...
  44. klashinikov

How the story began...... I was introduced to the Honda Type R badge through a friend of mine who owns a EP3. He took me out for a ride and I was hooked instantly. I had to have an EP3 in my life. So in July 2012, I picked up a mint 2006 Premier Edition EP3 and I loved every minute of...
  45. klashinikov

AIB Insurance

I called you to get a quote yesterday on my new FK8. Spoke to Daley. He said he would call me back with a quotation. About 30 mins later I receive a call saying that you guys can't insure me :confused: 37 years old, 7 years NCB on a similar car. Hmmmmmmmmm
  46. klashinikov

Can't tell if being sarcastic :confused: Anyway, It's lovely in the flesh. Ordered yesterday, taking delivery next week. Pics to follow.
  47. klashinikov

Just reserving a spot :p
  48. klashinikov

EML Error code P0430 Catalyst system efficiency (Bank2) Status deterioration

Thanks for replying SmegHead. I only buy genuine OEM parts. I don't like cheap tat. You know the saying "Buy cheap, buy twice" Not really worried about MOT as the car has MOT until May 2019. To be honest, I think I've made up my mind and It's going up for sale. Somebody will buy it. It's...
  49. klashinikov

Thanks for the reply Hazz. It would be perfect for someone who wants to go down the decat and remap route. The car is mint. It has never put a foot wrong in the 7-8 years I've had it. I've already had someone offer me £4000 for it with the mods. So I was totally wrong on the price. I am...
  50. klashinikov

Hi all, As the title says. My EML came on the other day whilst driving into central London. I had the code read at my local independent and I need a new catalytic converter and 2 sensors. Genuine Honda cat = £2500 Before anybody says "Are you sure you need a new one" The answer is...
  51. klashinikov

Ep3 dipped beam bulbs

I use those bulbs. However, I have noticed that they do not last that long. I order mine from www.powerbulbs.com With the discount offer they have it works out to be £1 more and they offer a 12 month warranty. I've never had a problem sending back bulbs to them if they blow within 12...
  52. klashinikov

EP3 Misfire when wet - Help needed please.

Hmmmmm. Maybe I'm a bit bitter and very sceptical but I would get a second opinion before spending that amount of money. I would of thought misfire on all cylinders would cause the EML to come on.
  53. klashinikov

It's entirely up to you what you do mate. If it gives you peace of mind then get it looked at. Like you said "had it changed from the original OEM exhaust to a custom stainless steel made to OEM spec last year as it was corroded. Maybe around the same time the misfire started!" If you are sure...
  54. klashinikov

See here.... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?101900-Ep3-exhaust-noise-and-rattle-in-rain
  55. klashinikov

Is your exhaust OEM? If not it could be the effect of the water hitting the hot exhaust pipe.
  56. klashinikov

Ep3 fog scoops

https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?83141-EP3-Air-Ducts-OEM-Fit-LOOK%21%21%21%21-ON-EBAY%21%21%21%21 Have a look at that thread. Might be relevant to what you are looking for.
  57. klashinikov

FN2 buying CW fn2

So you posted in this section failing to look for the sticky!!! anyway see here...... https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?84577-Buying-guide-check-list-for-the-FN2-Civic-Type-R
  58. klashinikov

Service manual - torque specs

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=service+manual+ep3 See second link
  59. klashinikov

Dash Cam

I installed my dashcam using.... http://www.halfords.com/technology/dash-cams/dash-cam-accessories/nextbase-dash-cam-hardwire-kit I used the cigarette lighter fuse. The Nextbase kit already has a fuse tap on it. You remove the existing fuse under the drivers footwell and put the fuse in the...
  60. klashinikov

Faint squeaking noise from gearbox

***Update*** So I've had the gearbox oil changed. The noise went for a few days but came back. I was speaking with my local garage to get more info. He suggested a few things...... 1. The clutch release bearing has gone "dry" i.e the grease in the bearing has gone. Could the above actually...
  61. klashinikov

Thanks for the replies guys. I will get the car booked in at my local for a gearbox oil change and see how it goes. Should it be the input shaft bearing I will probably put a LSD in while the box is out. I will keep this thread updated. Thanks again
  62. klashinikov

Thanks Chris. What could it be then? Could it be that the gearbox is gone or going?
  63. klashinikov

It was a OEM clutch kit from COX. I don't use cheap parts :) I've done about 4000 - 5000 miles since it was changed.
  64. klashinikov

I have a faint squeaking noise coming from the gearbox. It goes away when the clutch is pressed. I only noticed it yesterday. It doesn't make the noise while driving only when idling. It's intermittent. I arrived at work today at the noise wasn't there. The clutch has been changed at...
  65. klashinikov

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Prices are coming down.... http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?sort=price-desc&radius=1500&postcode=ha74lp&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year-from=2015&keywords=Type%20R&page=1
  66. klashinikov

TRO Mugs

Red H gets my vote too. The R looks silly imo.
  67. klashinikov

TRO Mugs

I would like one of each as well. White Travel/Thermos for me. Thanks
  68. klashinikov

TRO Mugs

Are these mugs like the thermos ones? If they are I will buy one
  69. klashinikov

EP3 Centre Cap Decals Size

Ask mook on here. https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?59652-New-look-forum-graphics-buy-them-here%21 Send him a PM. I got my decals from him
  70. klashinikov

EP3 Buying parts for my ep3 type r. Where to shop ?

Try some of the traders on here mate. http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?130-Forum-Traders
  71. klashinikov

Type R Owners INSURANCE scheme with CHRIS KNOTT :: 0800 917 2274

Already insured with Chris Knott and my renewal was due. Got loads of quotes from other companies which were all in the range of £800. One company couldn't insure me because of my postcode. This company referred me to another company. Got a decent quote from them however after reading reviews...
  72. klashinikov

Grinding noise letting off throttle Ep3

Does the noise go when you press the clutch? If yes, then I believe it is the release bearing on the clutch. Mine did this and it was annoying. Changed the clutch and noise has gone.
  73. klashinikov

RECOMMENDED EP3 GENERAL SERVICE GARAGE IN KENT

Bit of a drive from Kent but TGM in fleet. Loads of people on here use them. Highly recommended though.
  74. klashinikov

So...... I went to see my local dealer about a jazz for my mum. Got there and then I saw the FK2. In sporty blue, anyway went in and spoke to a sales man about the jazz. Was very impressed with the jazz. Took it out for a test drive and really liked it. When we got back to the show room I asked...
  75. klashinikov

Out of curiosity, when did you see it at TGM? I'm going there tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get to see it. If it isn't there I guess I will see it when I go to my local dealer to possibly order a new Jazz for my mum.
  76. klashinikov

eps light came on during emissions at mot

I believe the EPS light will come on if the car has been stationary for a while. I could be wrong though but I remember seeing a thread on here where someone had the same issue.
  77. klashinikov

So I'm standing outside my work having a smoke and I catch the tail end of the CTR drive past. Run like a prat out of the car park to catch a glimpse of it. Trip and fall flat on my face. Look up and its gone. Anyway it was a Championship white. I have to say from what I saw it does look epic...
  78. klashinikov

I might be getting one. As I work for the NHS, there is a scheme where you can lease a car and all the costs are included i.e Insurance, Tax, MOT, Servicing. It works out to about £580 a month. You don't have to pay a deposit. It is a 3 year lease. The money is deducted from my monthly salary...
  79. klashinikov

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4i-72xLFT4
  80. klashinikov

Rotating Tyres

Thanks for the reply mate. In fact they are RE050a but not runflat Surely if they asymmetric it would state this on the tyre wall? There is another car with Goodyear F1's in the car park where I work and it says it on the tyre wall. Hence the question.
  81. klashinikov

Rotating Tyres

I am planning on rotating my tyres tomorrow. Is there a procedure that I need to follow? I currently have Bridgestone Potenza RE050 on all four corners. They are not directional tyres and as far as I know they are not asymmetrical. So is it a case of just putting the fronts on the back and...
  82. klashinikov

Aaah ok. I should of done that. Oh well.
  83. klashinikov

Renewed my insurance a couple of weeks ago. Can't remember who I spoke to but when I asked if he could do anything with the price he said no without any hesitation. Renewed anyway as I couldn't be bothered to look for another insurance company and send all my documents.
  84. klashinikov

gearbox replace or refurb??

TDI or Grinspeed (both listed in traders section) are very close to Stoke on Trent I would give either a call.
  85. klashinikov

Where to get your wheels refurbished

Quick question.... Went to see these guys http://www.thewheelspecialist.co.uk/ in St Albans on Saturday. Was given a quote of £360 to do all 4 wheels in black. Does the price sound right?? I ask because when the guy looked at the wheels he came out with that figure straight away.
  86. klashinikov

I have been looking for this thread for days now. Finally found it!! I really like it. The price however is another thing. £30k for a HONDA. I'll probably wait until it comes on the second hand market. Hopefully by then there will be a facelifted version. It doesn't look all that different...
  87. klashinikov

Front end looks crap IMO.
  88. klashinikov

Just a thought.... Maybe the devil horn spoiler will be an optional extra. I mean looking at the concept picture, it looks as if the the spoiler is in two pieces. Look closely you will see what I'm on about.
  89. klashinikov

springs and FRS in south east London?

Judging by your profile pic, you have a FN2. I have a EP3 so I have Eibach pro kit with Eibach camber bolts and camber arms. Not sure how the setup works on an FN2. I would give TGM a call and see what they say. Or someone will be along to confirm what you need. Might be worth looking...
  90. klashinikov

springs and FRS in south east London?

I went to TGM. They supplied and fitted everything. http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/ A lot of people on here use them. Tom and his team are epic. If i was you I would take the car there.
  91. klashinikov

Well what can I say? The guys at Chris Knott are epic. Had my renewal quote from my previous provider. Started calling the insurance companies on here. Most of them only beat the renewal quote by a few £££. Called Chris Knott insurance and they smashed the price! Very happy with the price...
  92. klashinikov

TEGIWA intake advice please.

The scuttle panel is in two pieces. You can see it split in two when you look at it. You can probably get the panel you need from a breakers yard or something. There is a how to guide here on how to modify the scuttle panel...
  93. klashinikov

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Quick update..... I fitted these the other day and with the instructions it was really easy. I thought it would be a right headache. They look awesome at night. I have had a few people ask me whether they are standard in the EP3. So once again big thanks to RickHondaR and his easy to follow...
  94. klashinikov

Its cool :lol: I managed to get some locally. I just got to wait for the weather to improve so i can fit them :)
  95. klashinikov

Hi Loxy. Ill get some locally. It's much easier. You also have PM Once again thanks to you and Rick
Back