• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Rosco 2.0

DC2 DB8 DC5 high mileage DC5

hi all, im considering trading the FN2 in for a DC5 early next year, but i dont want to brake the bank so i may look at higher mileage examples........what should be my main concerns when looking at DC5's on or around 100k? thanks in advance!
  2. Rosco 2.0

Door making loud clunk noise!

Morning all, Not sure if this is a common fault but my drivers side door has started making a very loud double clunk noise when i open and close it. It's loud to the point where im concerned im damaging something Any suggestions very welcome!
  3. Rosco 2.0

FN2 Mat Clips

Hi all, i have broken the clips that hold the floor mats down with my big clumsy feet in my 08 FN2, so anyone know how these work? and can i ust them in my model? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-Genuine-Honda-Civic-Floor-Mat-Clips-Type-R-Type-S-/261284597780?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda&hash=item3cd5c69014
  4. Rosco 2.0

Aeormax Black Chrome

Hi all, Thinking of having my wheels refurbed soon (been saying that for ages but i really am this time) What are your opinions on this Aeromax Black Chrome at £60 a wheel? This is done at a place near me called Aerocoat, only obstacle is they will take wheels only, so it's car on blocks...
  5. Rosco 2.0

Rich or Lean

Evening, pretty new to performance upgrading but I've heard these two phrases bandied around in conversation many times, usually in threads about decatting! So could someone please give me a little explanation of each term and how they affect both performance and long term engine health! Thanks!
  6. Rosco 2.0

Door Trim

Just a quick question, can the silver door trims where the window controls are situated be removed on their own or does the whole door card need to come off to access them?
  7. Rosco 2.0

Dash removal request!

Could anyone post up a how to on removing the dash for an FN2? I have a few small sheets of carbon vinyl and was hoping to practice on the two small dash pieces with all the buttons in! Failing a how to, does anyone think this is worth trying with the dash still in place and just cutting around...
  8. Rosco 2.0

Milltek owners

Having my milltek fitted to the FN2 on Monday and as I'm impatient I was just wondering if you occasionally get a nice little pop and bang on gear change?
  9. Rosco 2.0

Exhaust - deep or raspy!

Hi all, just wondering what people's preferences are! Do you prefer a deep burbly sound or more of a raspy system?
  10. Rosco 2.0

Tegiwa 400 cel Sports Cat

anyone fitted one of these? any opinions at all! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tegiwa-400-Cell-Sports-Cat-for-Honda-Civic-Type-R-EP3-FN2-/321121585977?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4ac4568b39#ht_1477wt_716
  11. Rosco 2.0

A little help on custom exhausts please!

Hi all, I have recently been in touch with a local custom exhaust place regarding a straight through centre pipe for my FN2, they gave me a rough estimate of £150 but said it's depending on the condition of my existing pipe! I was under the impression that a custom striaght through mid pipe...
  12. Rosco 2.0

Bonnet Wrap

Hi has anyone wrapped their own bonnet? Was thinking of having a bash but i am a complete novice! How complicated is it? What tools do i need and what kind of cost are we talking? i was quoted £240 in my area and that can do one!
  13. Rosco 2.0

FN2 FN2 Door Sills

Hi all, I recently noticed there is clear plastic covering my metal type r door sills! I'm sure we all have these, problem is mine have started to lift and peel! Has anyone removed the plastic from their sills entirely?
  14. Rosco 2.0

How to get a thick sheet of ice of the roof of my car?

Without damaging the paint? Warm water?
  15. Rosco 2.0

Tegiwa RSK heat shield??

Evening all, I recently contacted TDI north and they told me that they are not planning on producing anymore of their quality RSK shields! So, has anyone on here tried the tegiwa 'replica' as I've heard it isn't the best fit!! Is it better than nothing though?? Thanks!
  16. Rosco 2.0

Genuine Honda Mudflaps

Hi, does anyone have those genuine honda mudflaps on their FN2? Do you see any real benefit from having them? I want to keep my car as clean and tidy as possible, so if they provide a real benefit i can get over the looks! All opinions please!
  17. Rosco 2.0

GP pack fitting!

Hi all, my GP pack turns up next week and I'm still undecided if I'm going to pay to have it fitted or have a stab at it myself! So to anyone that has one, roughly how many hours did it take you to fit? Or if any of you had it fitted at a body shop, how much did it set you back Thanks!
  18. Rosco 2.0

Opinions on jperformance catback?

I know it's one of the cheaper systems for the FN2 but thats all I know! Anyone got any experience with it in terms of performance, sound, fitment etc...
  19. Rosco 2.0

why did i do that!

hi, did this on the barrier at work this morning while still half asleep, annoyed with myself is an understatement! is this a job for a smart repairer or will i get away with touch up pen or chipex?
  20. Rosco 2.0

Handheld vacuum

Can anyone reccomend a decent handheld, mains chargeable vacuum that doesn't cost a bomb like the dyson? The 12v cigarette lighter socket one I am using now is just pants!
  21. Rosco 2.0

Standard airbox, intake hose + K&N panel worth how much?

All in title really, how much would you say a used standard airbox, standard intake hose plus a used K&N panel filter should sell for?
  22. Rosco 2.0

Seat bolsters!

Has anyone managed to perfect the art of getting in and out without rubbing thier legs or ass across the seat bolsters, the last owner of my car clearly didn't as the drivers side bolster is a little worn and I struggle to do it myself sometimes! Just curious!
  23. Rosco 2.0

Velocity Stack

Hi all does anyone have any experience using these? can they be used in conjunction with any cone filter or are they specifically to fit Blox filters...
  24. Rosco 2.0

Splitter painting

Hi all Anyone know roughly how much it would cost to get a rear gp splitter repainted, trim and gloss black centre? I'm after a used one but I need to get it at the right price as it needs repainting!
  25. Rosco 2.0

dice unit for fn2

can someone please point me in the right direction for where i can buy the correct dice unit for my fn2, i was going to go down the fascia adaptor, new head unit route but all i really want is to connect my ipod! having trouble finding where to buy one of these!
  26. Rosco 2.0

Heat Shield

hi all anyone know where i can get hold of a good heat shield to fit my aem shortram kit on my FN2. Tegiwa have been saying they will be selling one soon but still isn't available! i experienced what was probably heat soak the other night and it wasn't fun!
  27. Rosco 2.0

Spluttering at the lights after a spirited drive

Hi Drove into the city tonight, fairly hard, into Vtec a few times on a 20 mile drive. Pulled up at a set of lights and the revs started to drop as if it was going to stall, pulled away and it jumped and spluttered until I got some speed up, did this at every light after! Got it to the...
  28. Rosco 2.0

Spray & Go

Has anyone had any experience with spray & go in Great Yarmouth! I'm thinking of going to them for a bonnet, bumper & wings respray! Any opinions in quality/price etc... i have a budget of £500
  29. Rosco 2.0

FRSU in norwich area?

after speaking with Loxy and Stoo this morning i think i'd better get this done if im lowering my FN2! so anyone in the norwich area had this done? and where?
  30. Rosco 2.0

Rosco's Milano FN2

Hi all, i've been hanging around this forum for a few months now so i thought it was about time i started a members car thread! I picked up my FN2 in April, part exed my Corsa VXR for it! it's an 08 plate in milano red! i havent got any mega money plans for it as the mrs has been made redundant...
  31. Rosco 2.0

cheapest place to buy tein s-tehcs?

so after looking at a few members car's threads i've decided to go with tein s-techs! ive seen them as high as £215 and as low as £150 on ebay? any advances on £150? traders on this forum maybe?
  32. Rosco 2.0

20mm drop!

Can anyone post up a few pics of an FN2 with a 20mm drop? Would be much appreciated!
  33. Rosco 2.0

How often to polish, seal and wax Milano Red

hi all, i've read a few post recently about people worrying/complaining of Milano Red paint fading! i have a 2008 FN2 i would love to avoid this as much as possible! right now i wash it once a week with Autoglym Bodywork! then once every 6 weeks i wash, polish with SRP, seal with Autoglym...
  34. Rosco 2.0

How loud is an unsilenced midpipe?

hi all, how loud would an unsilenced midpipe with an otherwise standard setup be? dont really want a full cat-back but would like to liven up the exhaust note a little! also, will any aftermarket midpipe fit to a standard back box or do they all differ? apologies for my ignorance!
  35. Rosco 2.0

help please!!

is the one with the grey cap my coolant reservoir?? i lost a load of coolant (probably half a litre) fitting an intake hose (doh) yet i only put about a cup full back in and it's reading max!
  36. Rosco 2.0

Battery negative

This may be a stupid question but will I have to recode my radio of I disconnect the negative from my battery? Also is it really necessary to do so when installing a new intake?
  37. Rosco 2.0

Fn2 custom cat back

Has anyone had a custom cat back fitted to their fn2, I was thinking of going to get a quote at a place near me and wondered what kind of price I can expect!
  38. Rosco 2.0

Tegiwa for the FN2

Hi all, apologies if this has been done before, i did use the search function but couldn't really find anything (which might be an awnser in itself) im still deciding on which intake to go for (im pretty indecisive), and was hoping to find a tegiwa gruppe m replica for the FN2? Is there one...
  39. Rosco 2.0

AEM Shortram on the FN2

Simple really, has any got or had an AEM shortram kit on their FN2 and what is your opinion if it?
  40. Rosco 2.0

Just an idea!

Please tell me your opinions on this! I can't afford a brand new hks rsk right now ( the mrs has just been made redundant ) but I've seen you can buy the reloaded filter on its own on eBay for £25 ( seems cheap but it's on there ) Could I use the maf sensor mount from my k & n Apollo (...
  41. Rosco 2.0

Japspeed

has anyone fitted one of these japspeed cold air intakes available on ebay, a few months ago they were selling for 59.99 now they are on for 590?? just curious really!
  42. Rosco 2.0

Engine Bay Mods

hi all can anyone suggest any little mods to liven up the engine bay a bit?? I've ordered a red silicon intake hose, and will probably order the coolant hoses to match, but what else can i do? has anyone removed any parts and painted them??
  43. Rosco 2.0

Intake hose/pipe

morning all i have a K+N Apollo fitted and would like to dress up the engine bay by adding an intake hose or pipe! what kind of options are there for aftermkarket intake hoses or pipes? are the Tegiwa silicons the cheapest at £85 and are there any aftermarket options for stainless pipes? thanks
  44. Rosco 2.0

Anyone have an Apollo on their Civic FN2?

hi i know alot of you guys on here favor the more expenxive intakes, and rightfully so but i got this for free so i didnt grumble! I just had it installed down the local garage (i'm no handyman) and the guy told me he couldnt get the cold air feed to attach to the end of the cone, so he has...
  45. Rosco 2.0

photobucket

hi, can i use photobucket for my avatar? when i copy and paste the file name it just says invalid file, and i've tried all of the avaliable filenames! am i just being thick and missing something simple?
  46. Rosco 2.0

wrapping

does anyone know of a place in the norwich area that will vinyl wrap small parts such as door handles, interior trim etc.. or is it worth having a go myself? the wrap is fairly cheap, anyone had any success doing this themelves?
  47. Rosco 2.0

FN2 Please read the rules

48. Rosco 2.0

FN2 K & N Apollo

Hi all Have any of you guys fitted one of these to your fn2? What did you use to remove the bolt from the gearbox mount that you got the bracket to? I can't really get to it with a spanner and it just won't budge! Also did you re route the pipes as in the instructions?
  49. Rosco 2.0

FN2 Missing panel

Hi all My 2008 type r is missing the panel that covers the pedal assemblies (I'm assuming there is supposed to be one?) Anyone know where I can pick one up? And any ideas as to why it has been removed? I'm guessing someone has been regularly greasing the clutch pedal to get rid of squeek and...
  50. Rosco 2.0

FN2 Noob seat question

Hi all, type r newbie here! I have just bought a 2008 Fn2 and I'm looking at getting some seat covers, can anyone tell me what the name is of the recaro's in my car? Are they 'sportline' 'trendline' 'topline' or 'speed' Or none of the above! Thanks in advance!
Back