• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. L

Issue with a clutch on a type r turbo

Been at Cadwell park and my cars not going into gear after 1 lap, does this mean the clutch is done for? It’s a turbo 450bhp with about 340FT if I need a new clutch what do you recommend? It’s just a track car not for the roads
  2. L

EP3 ep3 turbo coming this weekend, brake advice needed

if that's what it needs then I will, I just got told I could get a good brake set up for around 500, I think DC5 Brembo's was mentioned, looking forward to having a go in it
  3. L

EP3 ep3 turbo coming this weekend, brake advice needed

I'm buying a highly modded ep3 on Saturday its running 450bhp all other bits already fitted lsd, coil overs ect, it just needs some brakes. looking to spend around £500 and wanting to know what brake set up do people have? its going to be a track car mainly and not a daily runner thanks...
  4. L

EP3 JDM as investment

Hi all, Just thought I’d post on here my plan to see what you think, I’m looking for a EP3 JDM as an investment hoping to make a bit of money over the next 5/10 years, I want an EP3 as I’ve had them before and I like to do the odd track day, I’d change springs brakes etc and save them...
  5. L

Subaru wheels

Hi ive seen some Subaru wheels on eBay will they fit my ep3 type r. I know evo wheels fit just insure about impreza wheels. Can anyone help?
  6. L

Exhaust and cat advise

when you say header is that the cat?
  7. L

weld or bolt in roll cages

sorry tomcat can you confirm what you mean, cats with door bars in as I would like to go the ring
  8. L

Exhaust and cat advise

do you get more BHP by removing your car and putting a full exhaust system on or will it not make much difference as the v tec needs back pressure to work properly I've heard both sides can anyone help?
  9. L

I have been on about 10 track days already that's the reason I bought the car, im not joining any race series but I do want a bit more protection on the tracks I think bolt in maybe the way forward for me, a cage is better than none I guess
  10. L

I've finally decided to buy a roll cage for my ep3 type r track car, I have been looking for a second hand one but had no joy I don't no nothing much about them, can anyone give me some advice as to what I need to be asking, I have the option for bolt in or welded in? I know weld is stronger...
  11. L

Roll cage

It's just finding one I've been looking weeks ha £800 to buy new
  12. L

Thinking of doing a track day in my ctr HELP total noob here !

Get it on track just don't do many laps at once. You'll never look back
  13. L

Blyton park 30th June

Nice little track we got a discount to £120 full day open pit lane if anyone is bothered
  14. L

Roll cage

I'm looking for a roll cage am I ok to buy second hand one or is it better to buy new?
  15. L

Wrap or spray???

Wrap easy it change it needed
  16. L

Momo steering wheel

I hope I've put this in the best forum! Hi I have a ep3 tyre r track car. I'm thinking of buying a momo steering wheel but is there really any advantage or is it just the looks? I've done a lot of track days and the standard wheel has never coursed me any problems but I see most other cars...
  17. L

Please read the rules

Admin edit: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?42362-Why-can-t-I-create-a-new-thread-in-this-section
  18. L

Track ep3 type r brake pads

Thanks for all your replys ill have a look at both pads. I only just put the brembo drilled and groves discs on. As soon as they ware I will be changing them too. Its solely a track car I'm taking it off the road this month and I've bought a trailor Thanks again
  19. L

Track ep3 type r brake pads

Hi I have some Brembo drilled and grooved discs on my track car I need some more brake pads can anyone advise me what's best to use to keep stopping me but I don't want some what don't last long at all Cheers
  20. L

Oil pressure reading over 100 on 2 gauges is that normal for a type r?

Hi I've bought 2 gauges for my ctr ep3 what sit on the door pillow. I got oil pressure and oil temp as I use it on the track quite a lot. The oil temp one works fine but when we fitted the oil pressure it shot upto max! I thought it was a faulty gauge so I sent it back and bought a new one...
  21. L

Starter motor on the blink?

Thanks loxy. How do I stop it?
  22. L

Starter motor on the blink?

When I start my ep3 type r it's makeing a horrible noise just after the engine as started. At first I didn't have a clue what it was but its the same noise as when I turn the key when the engine is already running. Is this my starter motor? Does it mean its broke or can it be fixed it starts...
  23. L

Custom made rollcage do's and dont's

I'm going to see a friend of a friend tomorrow about making me a rollcage for my type r ep3. I'm just wondering if anyone as a custom made one and knows what I should make sure he's going to do as its not something he does all the time. I'm going to ask if he can make it so I can take it out...
  24. L

Does a oil filter make a differance?

Ive just ordered some Fuchs Titan 5w40 oil for my type r ep3 track car I'm looking into a oil filter and noticed on ebay there is a HKS HYBRID SPORTS OIL FILTER for sale. So it made me think is there a differance between them and should i be using a performace one if i use the car on a track...
  25. L

Help needed not even the AA knows whats wrong

To be honest I don't know much about them so hopefully someone else will let us know. If they are better I can't see why not?
  26. L

Yes I think that's sensible. I'll look into it before our next track day. Are they all the same and do you no anywhere good to get them from?
  27. L

Thanks Stu you just made my night
  28. L

I don't think it's getting fuel. My mates change the sensors with him car and it still did the same. He tried towing it and he got it running. He said its the chain what's slipped so it looks like I new a new chain not a cheap fix. Anyone no a good place to get one from?
  29. L

I checked the oil every other time I went out and it was bang on each time
  30. L

It's just turning over and not starting
  31. L

Hi, I've just had my civic type r ep3 on the blyton park track and for the most of the morning it as been running fine. When we got to 12 o'clock i took it back out, i noticed a lack of power and the engine managment light had come on the car was still driving fine but i had no V tek. I drove...
  32. L

Lowering a ep3 type r

Hi all I'm wanting to lower my ep3 type r is it as simple as just putting some different springs on? I want to lower it by about 30mil. Any suggestions what springs to use and what else will need to be done if anything Thanks lee
  33. L

Tyre pressure standard wheels/tyres

Hi all Can someone help. What tyre pressure should you be putting in the wheels on a ep3 type r. I use the car mostly OAS a track car Thanks lee
  34. L

new disc pads and fluid needed anyone know whats good for thew right money?

Thanks Nosman. Where did you use the car at donny? Or is that donington
  35. L

Any track days coming up

Hi can anyone tell me if there are any good track days coming up? I live in south Yorkshire but don't mind a 2 hour drive Thanks Lee
  36. L

Brake fluid complete change. But how much??

As anyone use ATE super blue, my local gargage sells it they says its as good as the motul RBF600?
  37. L

Is dot 5.1 best in brake fluid ???

As anyone used comma dot4 from motosave they say it's good?
  38. L

Is dot 5.1 not better than dot 4? I don't understand the dot bits
  39. L

Ram air v piper cross

Thanks for your help I'll look into the filters you have said
  40. L

Ram air v piper cross

I have a ram air induction kit On my ctr at the moment what sounds great. My mate as a piper cross viper what he said I can have as its a closed panel one so no warm air gets in. Does anyone know if it's worth swapping it?
  41. L

De cat or not de cat that's the question

I've just about sorted the brakes on my civic type R. I'm now looking at the airflow system and thinking about putting on a manifold decat and full s steel exhaust. I've been told a decat will loose power as they need the back pressure does anyone know if this is correct or what's the best...
  42. L

May help if I tell you it's a ep3 2004 facelift civic type r
  43. L

I'm putting new brembo discs and pads on my car and changing to braided hoses so I'm going to change to 5.1 brake fluid but after been told 3 different amounts to buy can anyone tell me how much I will need? 1 2 or 3 litres ? Thanks Lee
  44. L

Cheers mate. I'll go for dot5.1 I'll get some off eBay
  45. L

I'm going to order some brake fluid for my ctr track car. Is the higher dot better? I though it was but I've seen on here a lot of people saying use rbf600 and I no nothing about brake fluid Thanks
  46. L

thanks mate, ive found some drilled and groved brembo discs and pads for £235 do you think thats the best buy for the money?
  47. L

Hi all. Ive just done my first track day with my new type r and the car was great, we run out of pads and the discs need changing also ive been looking on ebay and you can get front and back drilled and groved discs with brembo brake pads for £150 does anyone know if these will be any good? we...
  48. L

Best oil for a track car

Any idea what the best make is or are they all about the same
  49. L

What to look for when buying a civic type r ep3

Hi I'm going to buy my ctr ep3 on Friday can anyone give me some tips on what to look for or what to listen out for when driving it. I don't want to buy a shed Thanks lee
  50. L

Best oil for a track car

I'm hopefully going to be picking up a ep3 type r on Friday. I've had one before and loved it. I've sold sold my kit car and buying one for a toy/track car As it'll be used most driven hard I'm going to service every 2 or 3 track days but what's the best oil to use in order to protect the...
Back