• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GOLFYT

Stuiwhite's NHB EP3

Hi mate NHB is the colour (Night Hawk Black)
  2. GOLFYT

Honda Access wind deflectors EP3

Definitely worth it, and add a bit more flair to the car
  3. GOLFYT

JDM wind deflectors

Hi Maxine I hit the jackpot with them, i was always keeping an eye on ebay and a set came up brand new in box from someone who had never fitted them so i grabbed them quick. They are discontinued so i dont think any where has them in stock, there is a set on ebay at the mo that are used but it...
  4. GOLFYT

Hi Cheers for the advice, i have fitted them now, they look amazing, its a shame they are so hard to get hold of but in a way its also a good thing so not everyone has them
  5. GOLFYT

Hi Does anyone have any tips of fitting these. They are new and have all clips and also backing tape. I was wondering if there is any particular way of them going on or any diagrams etc, just don't want to make a mess of it Thanks
  6. GOLFYT

JDM wind deflectors

I have managed to source a set of the Honda Access JDM wind deflectors now Thanks for the replies
  7. GOLFYT

JDM wind deflectors

I do love the JDM deflectors ***, they look so much better, plus i love the OEM look. They just seem very hard to find a set anywhere
  8. GOLFYT

JDM wind deflectors

Hi, is there anywhere that the Honda Access EP3 wind deflectors can be bought, and what sort of price are they going for. Thanks
  9. GOLFYT

Scottish Type-R's NHB 06 Premier Edition EP3

Hi mate I have got all my hoses from them and they are top quality, as good as samco and forge hoses easily I recommend
  10. GOLFYT

washer jets

Not yet, I will give that a go first
  11. GOLFYT

washer jets

I havnt tried that yet ill give that a go
  12. GOLFYT

washer jets

Hi guys I had my bonnet painted and since I have got it back my front washer jets have stopped working, The washer bottle is full, the motor is working fine but literally nothing coming out. I have looked at all the pipes for kinks and checked that they have been connected to the nozzle...
  13. GOLFYT

SK-R's NHB EP3 Journal

What a job you are doing, this will look amazing when its all built back up, very impressive
  14. GOLFYT

DE-WIPER opinions

Haha
  15. GOLFYT

DE-WIPER opinions

I have decided to leave it with the wiper on. I am all about the OEM+ look with function
  16. GOLFYT

DE-WIPER opinions

That is exactly right, I had a Golf GTI before my Type R then I saw sense and went Jap
  17. GOLFYT

DE-WIPER opinions

I was thinking the same Hazz to be honest, I would purely be doing it for aesthetics but i also think the wiper looks quite good aswell, my car is OEM+ so I think the wiper suits
  18. GOLFYT

DE-WIPER opinions

Hi guys Just wanted opinions please. I currently have my rear wiper and am debating weather or not to de-wiper it, what are peoples thoughts on this mod, do you think it looks alot cleaner or does it looks as if something is missing, i would be getting the glass bung so it would be nice and...
  19. GOLFYT

OEM wheels

Cheers Chris Im ordering to new Honda center caps and i just wanted to make sure this was the case, my mate gave me two but they were clearly off a preface as the silver was alot lighter. On a side note Honda want 30quid per cap, crazy but the guy in parts said when its an R they hike up the...
  20. GOLFYT

OEM wheels

Hi guys Am I right in thinking the pre facelift EP3 and facelift EP3 have a slightly different shade of wheel. I’ve read that the preface lift wheel is a slightly lighter silver and the face lift a bit darker Is this correct
  21. GOLFYT

205 V 215

That really does look nice it feels the arches nicely
  22. GOLFYT

205 V 215

Yes that does look well on the car, does it have a rubbing at all, what has yours been dropped by
  23. GOLFYT

205 V 215

Hi, I’m stuck on what tyre size to get next, I’m about to order a set of AD08R and not sure to go with 205,45,17 or 215,45,17 I see a lot of people with 215s so my question is what is the reason behind this and should I stay with OEM tyre size or go 215 Cheers
  24. GOLFYT

Reverse ligjts not working

Cheers guys, I will give that a try and hopefully that should sort it
  25. GOLFYT

Cheers mate that’s perfect, what would my next step be, do you replace them and is it easy enough to do
  26. GOLFYT

I have just put it in reverse and put the wipers on and the rear wiper didn’t automatically start when I reversed which it normally does l, could that be a switch then
  27. GOLFYT

Well insaybi checked the fuse, i basically took what i thought was the fuse out and it looked ok, but i could be completly wrong, i dont have a multimeter, Where would i fond the switch
  28. GOLFYT

Hi guys, some help needed please, my reverse ligjt have completly stopped working, i have changed the bulbs, and still no joy, the fuse seems fine, im atuxk in what it could be Any help would be greatly appericiated
  29. GOLFYT

My Milano Red CTR

Amazing photos on that trip mate How has your front end held up (stone chip wise) after that mamouth trip
  30. GOLFYT

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Brilliant job you are doing there mate, looks very clean, lovley example. can i just ask, where did you get the carbon battery cover from
  31. GOLFYT

R77DVR/Ry's Silver EP3 Type R

Sounds like this will tweak the car up nicely mate, I've got the eibach on mine with a full FRSU and it is definitely one of the best things i've done on mine, It makes the car look a lot more aggressive and handles so much better
  32. GOLFYT

FD2 Brembo calipers

Hi all, bit of advice needed I have got the chance to buy my mates FD2 Brembo calipers and disks, will they fit my EP3, similar to the DC5 for the EP3 with s2000 disks, will the FD2 calipers and disks be a straight fit
  33. GOLFYT

Haha exactly, thats what I love about the honda and jap scene, people have a laugh, if that was a VAG video there would have been about 5 takes until it was perfect (no hate intended :p ) I look forward to more future vids on the progress of the car :D/
  34. GOLFYT

Hi Mate Just come across your youtube vid on ypur EP3, good work, really nicely done, (even with that mis shift at the start :p )
  35. GOLFYT

Plastic trim help

Hi Guys Advice needed. I left my window very slightly open last night and didnt realise until this morning, it rained all night so it was quite wet down the door cards etc, The issue is, the arm rest part of my door card (soft rubbery plastic) has got loads of white marks on from the rain...
  36. GOLFYT

Spacers advice

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting spacers front and back and need some advice. I am running OEM wheels and on 205,45,17 tyres, it's lowers 30ml on eibach and has a FRSU, my question is what spacer size will look best and will it catch, help will be most appreciated
  37. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

I know there were some issues with the steering rack on some but I'm Not sure if that was pre facelift models, of reccommmd a FRSU that should cure the issue I would think
  38. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Hi Chris, fortunately mine is pretty much perfectly straight l, on a motorway or a flat road it stay exactly straight in, I think the fast road set up and geo done has helped massively, it is like it's on rails
  39. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

That sounds amazing. Is it a summer or weekend car, Rare a rocking horse a 56 plate
  40. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Cheers matey
  41. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

No probs, Its a strange one why they do that on some and not others, when I first changed mine I had that exact same issue and got the mole grips on them, and tried everything and they just wouldnt shift
  42. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Hi mate, thankyou for you kind words, much appericiated. I have actually changed all the nuts, but what I found is my old cam cover had two at the back that were impossible to remove they were fixed on to a long thread which I found really strange as they were one piece, but i got a...
  43. GOLFYT

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Hi Matey, just thought id come and have a browse on your thread, Love what you have done, I see you went for the prem recaros, they are a lovely touch arnt they, and the candy red rocker cover looks really nice, i think that is what i will change mine to
  44. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Thanks pal, I decided to keep it OEM+ and change all the engine and keep the exterior subtle and clean, Externally its lowerd on eibach with a FRSU, stoptech disks all round with ferrodo ds2500 pads all round, yoko AD08R tyres, and i got two new headlights from Honda as my old ones looked a...
  45. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

The interior consists of, the amazing Premier edition Recaros, they really set the car of in my opinion, genuine JDM floor mats, skunk2 weighted gear knob, apple car play head unit, I did habe the original Honda Sat Nav in there but it was very temperamental and chose to work when it wanted to...
  46. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Some more of my bay. I have had lot of carbon done, I have had the slam panal, the inside wing covers, inlet manifold cover, plug cover and fuse box cover all in carbon, then full Silicone hose kit in red, engine strut brace, pretty much every washer has now been changed to red or black, the...
  47. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Cheers bud, such a hard colour to keep clean but it does pay off when it is
  48. GOLFYT

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Hi all Just a few pics of my Nighthawk black EP3. I have owned the care for around 3.5 years and have never posted many pics on here so i thought I would share
  49. GOLFYT

Kenwood/Pioneer Apple car play

Cheers, might be a daft question but what is an android unit, is it basically the same but can be connected to all phones as opposed to just Apple
  50. GOLFYT

Kenwood/Pioneer Apple car play

Hi guys Does anyone have or have any reviews on these units, im not sure of the exact product code. I have the OEM nav unit in my EP3 at the moment but it hasn't worked for a couple of years, i can only play CDs and the radio on it so its started to annoy me now as it has the nav disk error...
  51. GOLFYT

Another tyre question.Toyo proxes?

I have got Parada spec 2 and to be honest I don't drive hard so I personally bought them because I love the tred pattern it looks really nice, my next set of tyres will be the AD08Rs I think with them you get the performance and they look nice Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  52. GOLFYT

Scuttle rattle

Hi My car has developed a rattle when accelerating even at low speeds and it sound as if its coming from around the scuttle panal where the air scoop from my Tegiwa is. Now I have had the kit for over 2 years and no issues or rattles but it has just come on now. could this be the washers coming...
  53. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

Yes I very much like the effect on my car thanks. I understand what you are saying about passing comments, I would never say anything negative about a company as that could be detrimental, but I will rephrase - Any one wanting a Geo set up then Grinspeed are highly recommended from me and all...
  54. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

None, but i should have specified they are my MUCH preferred garage overall, as I have both used TDI North and TI motorsports and with out doubt prefer Grinspeed, although im sure there are a lot of great companies out there, Just my opinion again, as in the forum world people jump on comments...
  55. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

Glad it made you laugh, In my opinion, that's not me saying its a fact
  56. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

No i got everything from Grinspeed and they fitted and set the car up with the FRSU. They are the best in the business in my opinion
  57. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

There is absolutely no problem at all. I have a standard exhaust so there is plenty of clearance, I wanted it to be practical as well as look better so in my opinion 30mm ticks all boxes. Im not a fan of slammed cars at all, I think it looks daft and isnt practical, but this definatly is mate
  58. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

Honestly mate and i know it sounds cliche but it transforms the car. Firstly the ride is smoother and the handling is on another level. I dont really drive hard but when you are going into corners it is just planted and stable, its a sureal experience at first as it really gives you confidence...
  59. GOLFYT

Suspension all done

Hi all, I have finally sorted out my suspension after nearly 3 years od owning my car. I have gone for the Eibach pro 30mm with M2 camber arms and camber bolts and a full Grinspeed FRSU
  60. GOLFYT

Lukes Ep3 Premier edition Cosmic

Wadders, welcomes to the forum, car does look good, very nice mods
  61. GOLFYT

EP3 NHB Type-R

That suspension set up has transformed the look of the car imo, it looks awesome, top job, so much cleaner without the rota stickers also
  62. GOLFYT

Side light issue

I have just bought a set of Cree side light LEDs to replace my last set of LEDs, now after a few mins they just go out and I have to turn the light switch on and off to get them back on, then one side went out and then the other, does any one have any ideas what this could be, It didn't happen...
  63. GOLFYT

Jonesy's Milano RED EP3

I think i saw this at Oulten park also for the Javelin track day a couple of weeks ago.
  64. GOLFYT

Jonesy's Milano RED EP3

Hi mate absolutly love the look and how subtle the mods are but effective, with the suspension set up and enekis do you get any rubbing at all, or did you have to modify the arch lip
  65. GOLFYT

Bit of help and advice pleae

Thanks mate, ill give it a try and see how they look.
  66. GOLFYT

Bit of help and advice pleae

I want to change my interior lights, mainly the middle one that comes on with the alarm, I want to put in LEDs for a white light, are they effective in these and is it easy enough to take the plastic cover of with out risk of breaking it. Thanks
  67. GOLFYT

Interior roof light removal

Thanks guys, much appericiated
  68. GOLFYT

Interior roof light removal

Hi, could any one give me a quick guide on how to remove the interior roof light (the one that comes in when opening your door) just basically which end up prize open from and any specific way of doing it, thanks
  69. GOLFYT

Cosmic Grey EP3

Looks so tidy mate, love the suspension set up, how is it for clearance,catching etc, becayse i was either looking at the same kit but 15mm drop but the 30mm does look good.
  70. GOLFYT

EP3 Spoon 900R blue wing mirrors (curved)...any good?

Hi mate, as far as I am aware the fit straight into the housing, Its alot for glass but I was looking at getting these as well for aesthetics. I think they would look really good.
  71. GOLFYT

Slam panel

Thanks Loxy, Ive had plenty of info of you this week, much appericiated.
  72. GOLFYT

Slam panel

Hi, just a quick question, how easy is it to remove the slam panal. is it just a case of popping out the push clips and taking it off.
  73. GOLFYT

REAR HEAD REST

Hi, Am i right in thinking the pre facelift EP3 dosn't come with rear headrests, i saw one the other day without.
  74. GOLFYT

New battery

Thanks again Loxy, I will definatly do this one myself, I suppose its the only way ill learn and get better, and its also an easy job to practice haha, fingers crossed.
  75. GOLFYT

New battery

Haha cheers loxy, a dummies guide is definetaly for me. Oh and i just spoke with Honda pricing up a new battery (£75.00 for anyone interested and £20.00 fitting) and explained about my car not turning over and all power lost then leaving it 10 or so mins and it starts up and he said he has never...
  76. GOLFYT

New battery

I know this is probably the most stupid question but i will ask anyway, please feel free to take the p**s once i have an answer :D Anyway, when fitting a new battery is it just as simple as taking the old one off and fitting the new one on, or do i have to disconnect other things or connect the...
  77. GOLFYT

Advice needed please

Cheers Loxy, that is a great help.
  78. GOLFYT

Advice needed please

Is there anything else that it could be other than the battery, or by the sound of my description is that more than likely what it could be.
  79. GOLFYT

Advice needed please

Thanks Loxy, i presume the cold weather starts effecting them more.
  80. GOLFYT

Advice needed please

Hi, recently over the past two weeks bet intermitantly my EP3 cut out when I turn it over, it happend twice on consecutive days two weeks ago then was absolutly fine and started up Everytime for the last week now last night it did it again, basically when I get in the car put the key in the...
  81. GOLFYT

Green key light

Cheers thats what i thought, is it to tell you its been deactivated then activated again when turning on and off.
  82. GOLFYT

Green key light

Hi all, i was just wondering what the green key light that flashes around 4 times and goes off when you turn your ignition on is and the again when you turn your ignition off it flashes around 4 times.
  83. GOLFYT

Cold engine

Thanks Loxy, like i say this was a one off, I give it a good 10 min drive before i would even consider reving high, I just didn't like having to do it, i wasn't best pleased at the guy flying round the bend.
  84. GOLFYT

Cold engine

Thanks guys, just one question, Yesterday afternoon i got in my car it had been stood for a good 5 hours so the engine was cold, i went to pull out of my road and some idiot came fLying round the bend so i put my foot down to get some space away from the car, this is the first time i had ever...
  85. GOLFYT

Cold engine

Hi, Im i right in thinking that VTEC wont work while the engine is cold, is this a safety feature, not that i would use VTEC until the temp gauge was fully up to its warmest, i just always wondered as I heard this it was a safety feature to stop the engine from being damaged.
  86. GOLFYT

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Thanks mate it sounds perfect for what I want, thanks for the info also, I think that that drop is spot on, this will be the next on my list I think. Would you consider spacers front and rear or do you think that would cause any issues
  87. GOLFYT

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Love the car and the mods, subtle but just enough to set it off, im thinking of the same spring ect for mine, how is it on ride and clearance etc, do you have any rubbing or arch catching or is it all sound
  88. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

Thanks for the replies guys, I've got mine fitted now and I love it, the cross over is so noticeable, I've used far to much petrol testing it out haha, I've been told it helps on fuel economy very slightly, is this true or just a myth
  89. GOLFYT

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Hi mate, your car looks amazing, the mods are spot on, how did you get the washers and bolts to fit on the carbon plug cover rather than the nut that is on there.
  90. GOLFYT

What car soap/shampoo do you use?

I used to use AutoGlym bodywork shampoo and conditioner, that was a good product but then I bought a 5L AutoGlym shampoo (the purple trade one) this is more concentrated and thicker and it soaps up unbelievably well, and also smells amazing.
  91. GOLFYT

Opinions please

Yeah that why I'm thinking of doing it really, just for a subtle touch.
  92. GOLFYT

Opinions please

Hi all, i would just like an opinion on whether i should or not. I am thinking about getting a rear tie bar, i know they dont really effect much but i do like the look as it is a subtle quite hidden away mod that from behind is noticable from a distance. What are peoples view on them. and does...
  93. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

I think ill be going for the Teg,I think the look of it under the bonnet sways me alot also, the CAI does sound like an awesome piece of kit ***, thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.
  94. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

I have heard the the Teg has a drain hole to divert any water entering the engine, is this correct and is it something to worry about in heavy rain, just trying to gauge all possibility before I take the plunge and get one.
  95. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

With regard to hydrolock, what is it, and is it common with the teg boxes. Thanks.
  96. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

And that also
  97. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

Thanks for the input mate that's helpful, I think the M is slightly overpriced but I suppose that's due to it being imported.
  98. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

I've heard a lot of sound clips of the Tegiwa and it sounds decent so I can imagine in person it will sound even better, how does the CAI sound in comparison
  99. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

Cheers that's good to hear, would you say they have a nice sound to them
  100. GOLFYT

TEGIWA intake

Sorry for probably a stupid question but i thought i will ask, does the Tegiwa intake do anything to the MPG (brings it down) or is it purely for looks and sound, again silly question but i thought i would see if it does.
Back