• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

Mugen Twinloop Exhaust EP3

Yeah it’s bigger than 57mn I need. It’s for joint between the mid pipe and the backbox. Mid pipe flange is 2.5” Backbox is 3” But there doesn’t seem to be an appropriate sized donut gasket I can find anywhere for sale All the ones I try are either too small on the mid pipe side but fit...
  2. D

Mugen Twinloop Exhaust EP3

Does anyone know the size of the donut gasket that sits between the mid pipe and the back box? Seems ones I try are too thick.... and not allowing a full seal between the two joints. Diameter is correct as fits on the mid pipe flange just not in the back box flange.... Sent from my iPhone...
  3. D

Dan's EP3 Track Car (Tight Budget Build) Or Not.

Me too just bought a project for me to fix up and get on the road for the winter as my current car isn’t best suited for winter my conditions. Post some pics up. Any plans for this one or staying as is? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. D

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Payment sent Loxy :)
  5. D

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Very nice! Props for doing all the work yourself and in such a short time. Builds sure is coming along nicely :)
  6. D

Calipers seizes

Other option is a brand new (not refurbed) complete caliper for only 120£. No brainer in my eyes, better than a refurbed one and likely to last longer...
  7. D

Gambi's 3rd R - Champ White FN2.

True. Very true. Thats one of the reasons im holding back for now. Theres a few people who have took the plunge and ordered them. One guy is gping to be testing his on track a d giving feedback so should be good to see. Caliper mounting brackets look to be of a good quality, but its not down to...
  8. D

Gambi's 3rd R - Champ White FN2.

Theres a guy over on CTRO that sells new BBK's that utilise the calipers off an Clio 3 RS and discs from a 350z (larger than stock size), for a very compettive price. Worth a look: http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=124&t=289637 Debating them for my own car just trying to find...
  9. D

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

These have been reccomended a lot online and a lot of people seem to like them. Might consider geting them for next winter. We don't get much snow over here but always good to be prepared.
  10. D

Haha i know the feeling. I stuggle with grip in most gears when i plant it now with T1Rs.:lol: The F1A2's were always good for me, though i did put them on end of June to November so not that wet out. Looking forward to getting them back on and seeing how the cope with more power.
  11. D

I already have the Eagle F1s on my summer wheels. They are decent tyre i find (well better than T1Rs, but thats not hard really is it... :) ) They have good levels of grip but the side walls are a bit too soft for my liking. Would the PS4s be the best option as a all rounder, ie not semi slicks...
  12. D

'02 Satin Silver EP3 from Austria

The gear knob must have been on pretty tight! The Skunk2 gear knob along with the short shifter is heavenly, shift action is much nicer and throw is a lot shorter too. One of the most under rated things to do IMO as it make such a difference to how the car drives.
  13. D

Well i now have the car back from TDI North and its awesome! Noise the charger makes is heavenly and i dont think ill ever get bored of hearing it. Cant wait until the weather improves so there will be a bit more grip in the tyres so i can really test it out. Theres is torque available in all...
  14. D

Thanks for the kind words guys, always nice to see people appreciate what you do :) As for the power she made 309bhp. So chuffed with that! I could get Stoptechs but unfortunately we dont supply them in work. So im looking at getting either the Brembo gran turismo kit above or the AP 4 pot...
  15. D

What about the Brembo gran turismo kit - 4 pot 330mm http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/performance/brake-kits/car/honda/civic-00-06-type-r/2005/brembo-gran-turismo-big-brake-front-kit-black-4-piston-calipers-330x28mm-drilled-discs Are these more similar to the Stoptechs? Or maybe the AP 4 pot kit...
  16. D

Big Update - Feb 2016 After thoughts of selling up and getting an Evo, ive decided to keep the car and spend the money saved to put towards an Evo into making this car even better! Just couldn't sell it My rear caliper was sticking, so instead of just buying a refurb kit, i decided to just...
  17. D

Ah i see. I might just put mine on and tighten the nut as tight as i can by hand. Dont think it need to be on tight as its not going anywhere. I dont have a bloody socket deep enough to resch the nut when its wound down to the bracket level
  18. D

Are you not misssing a nut on the bolt thread for the torque damper? The end nearest the front near on the engine mount. The exposed thread bolt where the bracket goes over there is usually nut that goes over it? I was trying to fit mine today and havent got a socket deep enough to tighten the...
  19. D

Folding mirror

Does this work on Ep3 Loxy? Would be a nice addition...
  20. D

JRSC Info / Help :)

Yeah ive read that's the best thing to do if you dont purchase a bracket like the above. Do you have any issues with belt tension etc or is it just fit and forget? I will enquire to TDi about retaining the oem auto tensioner as this seems tbe way forward!
  21. D

Thanks for that Collister. Im all sorted now as TDi North will be fitting and mapping it all for me :) Thinking about retaining the oem auto tensioner though as the manual one with the kit isnt the best apparently. Also looked at the Merc Racing bracket...
  22. D

Used KPRO help

Thanks the replies Loxy I'm slowly starting to understand this :) So if the immobiliser has been disabled on KPRO ECU and I put it straight into my car it should start? I don't need to do anything else before hand. Don't need to get a mobile key mechanic etc to come and link the new ECU to...
  23. D

Used KPRO help

Ok will ask and see if he can do it. So am i right in thinking i need to get the keys coded to the car by honda or TDI prior to swapping with the stock ecu. I want to basically use the car once the jrsc is fitted, and ideally with the ecu it was all mapped to. So should i just use my stock ecu...
  24. D

Used KPRO help

Thanks! Will take a look. No the JRSC will be fitted by the guy I bought it off as he is a mechanic and has just removed it from his car. Hence the KPRO aswell and being mapped to the same mods as I've got. What are my option then in term of the new ECU with KPRO? Do I need to get him to...
  25. D

Used KPRO help

Ive bought a used kpro that is mapped to the same mods as i will be running once i get my JRSC fitted. Am i right in thinking this new ECU with the KPRO will be linked to the car it came off so will not work with my car ? What is required to get it working on my car? I know to get the...
  26. D

Can anyone provide me with the route the belt needs to take on a non aircon ep3.? I have the smaller non aircon belt which ive got from CPL. Does it just go the same route as aircon but obviously miss out the ac pulley ?
  27. D

Im all sorted now for fitting. Just looked and cpl do sell the belts and they also have the housing clips for the rc650 injectors so i will go ahead and buy from there: I take it these are what i require in regards to Q2 above about injector housing clips...
  28. D

Hey Guys So ive bought it! Managed to agree a price we were both happy with and i just need to sort a few things out then get it fitted! Can't wait :) Few Questions im hoping someone can answer: 1. What size belt is needed for a JRSC on a ep3 WITHOUT aircon? The kit ive got is from...
  29. D

Thanks for the response. Breathing mods are already fitted so should be ok on that front. What would you say is the approx value i should be paying for the above kit then? Would the likes of TDI North be able to sort out the immobiliser to the new ECU with Kpro or is only Honda that can do...
  30. D

Hi Guys, Ive been offered a full Jackson Racing Supercharger conversion kit for an EP3 and just need some info as to whether or not its a good deal or anything i need to be aware of if i take the step and go Supercharged. How much do JRSC kits go for nowadays ? This one has...
  31. D

Update time. My wheels eventually came and were fitted beginning of June. Overall im exceptionally pleased with the results and much prefer darker wheels on a cosmic. As for the Eagle F1 AS2 they are leagues above T1Rs imo, there just so much more grip compared to toyos you wouldnt...
  32. D

Dc sports race header

Never seen anyone run a S2 Alpha Series, not many reviews on it. Im in the same situation as you, want the best mani but ideally keep cat in for ease of MOT. Maybe swaying towards Piper. Maybe even a full S2 system with intake Manifold, Throttle body and exhaust mani, but I'd stay away from a S2...
  33. D

Thanks! Debating the skunk2 intake and throttle body atm! Would you recommend?
  34. D

Thanks.Was in two minds wether to sell OEM wheels or not. Been aswell they've got 4 new T1Rs on and theyve not long had a refurb i think ill probably keep them as winter wheels, save ruining the TD's!
  35. D

Thanks for the kind words! :) Much appreciated. Bought off ebay, just make sure you order correct one for yours (face or pre face) watch out for the copies aswel!
  36. D

26/05/15 Update Climair wind deflectors fitted Then fitted a Tegiwa quick shifter, fairly straight forward to fit . Hardest part was removing the white ball cap off the socket on the oem shifter. For the money its an awesome bit of kit,really shortens the throw and this coupled with a Skunk2...
  37. D

Strange noise and mechanics can't find anything

Probably heatshields. Mine never used to make any rattle like noise at 3k but since i got engine mount inserts it started. Knew about the heatshields coming loose but dismissed it as never done it since I've had it. Guess with the extra vibration its worked itself loose? Anyway removed the...
  38. D

Service Torque settings

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?55324-EP3-Torque-Specifications Any use? Dare say the others will be in this thread somewhere as someone will most likely of asked the same as you!
  39. D

Owned the car for quite a few months now so think its time I started a build thread. I spent ages looking for the right car! Best part of 8 months in fact. But eventually i found the right one :bigthumb: Bought in Aug 2014, and been loving every moment since, theres something thats so raw...
  40. D

Leak from top of Gearbox/gear selector cable?

Anyone know where to get the above cap from? Looked on lings honda but can't seem to find it.
  41. D

Tapping/Ticking noise on idle

Mine does this. However not long had valve clearances done, so not that. The noise seems to go away when clutch is pressed in, so from what ive read its nothing to worry about really. Once clutch is pressed in car makes like an air valve noise then all is quiet? Anyone know a solution to all...
  42. D

Leak from top of Gearbox/gear selector cable?

Ive being doing some work in the engine bay this morning and remembered seeing this thread. I've noticed on my car there seems to be a cap missing, one closest the camera, it has like a little arrow on it. There seems to be yellow fluid around the top edge of it so wondering if like you fluid is...
  43. D

ITG MAXOGEN HUM

Whatever the noise is it can't be as bad as the extremely irritating rattle the Tegiwa M produces! Drives me mad! I love the noise it produces but for me it's s poorly built piece of kit for the money it costs... Which is why as we speak I'm looking to see what the next best alternative is to it.
  44. D

ITG MAXOGEN fitted, well impressive.

Might change the teg m to get one of these. How hard is it to route the CAF in to the arch? Bumper off job or not?
Back