• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. TuckR

Matt's JDM EP3

Got to love a JDM EP3! :cool:
  2. TuckR

Partyvan's 270bhp N/A track slut

That is coming along nicely mate :)
  3. TuckR

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Good work.
  4. TuckR

Cosmic grey EP3 from Slovenia

Great work, please let us know if it's sorted the problem.
  5. TuckR

New member, showing off my ep3!

Welcome mate. Car looks lovely, hope you manage to get back behind the wheel and enjoy very soon! As it's such low mileage, personally, I wouldn't mess around with it too much - my priorities would be: Fix the cosmetic issues that you've mentioned. Braided brake lines, Motul RBF600 brake fluid...
  6. TuckR

CIVIC EP3 JDM

Looks wicked mate, love a JDM EP3!
  7. TuckR

my milano ep3

That front bumper....Ouch! The rest of the car looks great though, what's the plans for it?
  8. TuckR

My New Milano Red EP3

Engine bay and footwell light look really good mate. Any picture of the centre console and exhaust? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  9. TuckR

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Good job mate, looks much tidier Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  10. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Haha thanks Mike. I always like to buy used parts so that I can do a proper job. That way I can take my time (I need a lot [emoji23]) and still keep her on the road. Thanks mate - yeah the seats are great, well looked after [emoji106] . Any mods for the Accord yet? Sent from my SM-G935F using...
  11. TuckR

At a bit of a loss

Same happened with mine. I think this is the case with a lot of them, becomes more obvious once lowered. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  12. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Got all the refurb parts from BrakeParts.co.uk, very reasonably priced and had no issues with the front discs bought from there previously. I spent a lot of time removing all the old paint and grime from the calipers as they were worse than I thought but it's all about preparation and...
  13. TuckR

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Pretty sure I read the opposite, that people have removed their short shifter to try and help with the crunching Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  14. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Thanks for all the kind comments guys, I do actually really like the look now so I plan on keeping it for a while. Got another Spoon part.... Only a N1 bung :smt015 The 6am cold starts were my reason for getting it, plus the girlfriend said it sounded like a 20 year old boy...
  15. TuckR

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Nice work, looks lovely. Doesn't sound much louder than OEM to my untrained ears....which is a good thing in my book! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  16. TuckR

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Good luck tomorrow mate, looking forward to seeing it fitted. Wish these weren't so expensive because I'd love one, I'm drooling! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  17. TuckR

Vibration/knocking when braking

I would say brake discs also. Had exactly the same issue, pretty bad vibrations when braking from higher speeds, replaced my discs and problem solved. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  18. TuckR

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

That's smart mate, inspiring ** to do a little more to mine! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  19. TuckR

MY EP3 TYPE R PREM

Very tidy. Need some close ups of that engine seen as it's a prize winner!
  20. TuckR

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Nice little touches Deano.
  21. TuckR

Ep3 2nd gear advice

I would say it was probably the sychros but hard to tell. Had my clutch replaced not long ago but it didn't cure the 2nd gear crunch that occurs intermittently. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  22. TuckR

EP3 Lower Wishbone Ball Joint

I replace the lower ball joints on mine. It's not something you can get from Honda directly as they will only sell you the complete wishbone as you've been quoted. Japserviceparts or ECP are probably your best bet. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  23. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Thanks mate. To be fair it's not ridiculous but on a long journey it might drive me mad. Might upset the neighbours a bit in the mornings too [emoji23] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  24. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Got to work on the new back box this weekend, picked up some Extra Fine Steel Wool & some Autosol metal cleaner and metal polish. I didn't expect it to be so bad considering it's Stainless Steel but it came up alright after giving it plenty of elbow grease. Some before and after shots and...
  25. TuckR

brembo pads

I have the Brembo pads, they're fine for road use but as Norv said much of of a muchness especially for the rears. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  26. TuckR

Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold

[emoji23] which one is the donkey dick? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  27. TuckR

Japspeed 4-2-1 manifold

Plenty on here seem to have run this manifold without issue. For the price you won't get anything better. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  28. TuckR

Hand brake cables

Hi Rodney, have this as one of my things to do at some point and looking around I found these. Not got them yet so can't comment on fitment, quality etc. but they're a fair price and have a 3 year warranty.... Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/171493754218 Sent from my SM-G935F...
  29. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

That's a good idea mike, I'll try to remember that in case I ever do another one in future. Well it's actually held up ok with the one hanger but I've also bodged it with an old coat hanger so I can use it if I really have to, but yes she's sat until I get the new one sorted.
  30. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Managed to get the b-pipe fitted this weekend but not without problems. Firstly I went about removing the OEM pipe, the bolts were rusted quite badly so I used a grinder to cut them off. I then had to drill out the last part of the studs that were still in the flange of the cat. This was...
  31. TuckR

R77DVR/Ry's Silver EP3 Type R

Welcome mate. Looking forward to seeing the progress you make with your EP3, I'm sure you'll grow to love it with a few more mods. It'd be good to hear your opinion on any difference the braided clutch line makes to the feel.
  32. TuckR

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

So clean! Good work Nidge, it definitely shows that you've put the hours into it [emoji106] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  33. TuckR

Pete's 1995 Harvard Blue EG Civic

Lovely variation of cars. Need to find out and start atrending some of these meets, I appreciate all the different motors. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  34. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

I picked up these Premier Edition Recaro's, and also the rears, from Nightrunner (top bloke) - some of you may have seen what happened to his EP3 :( Had them in around a month now and I love them, lucky I'm slim though as the bolsters are a very snug fit! They really work well when you are...
  35. TuckR

My New Milano Red EP3

Welcome mate. Don't be skeptical about putting it up, it's nice to see where a car starts it's journey and the changes owners make. Seems to be a few Milano's popping up on here lately, I must say the colour has grown on me a lot. You don't see many of them around either!
  36. TuckR

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

:lol: good luck with that mate!
  37. TuckR

Milano EP3 - Back From the Ring!

Very nice. I see you have the DC5 pedals in there too.
  38. TuckR

New satin silver EP3 and a brief Boof car history..

What a [emoji110][emoji97]. Hope you manage to get it sorted through his insurance mate. Any pictures of the damage? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  39. TuckR

Knock Sensor & EML

To be fair it was only the green plastic part that had cracked, it would probably work fine if you stuck it back together with an adhesive that could withstand the temperatures. If it's not throwing up any codes or the EML then it's pretty safe to assume that all is ok. Sent from my SM-G935F...
  40. TuckR

Knock Sensor & EML

My knock sensor was damaged when I had a new clutch fitted. The EML came in and the code read P0325 - Knock sensor 1 Circuit bank 1 or Single sensor. £90 for a new one. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  41. TuckR

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

If it's the one and you have your heart set on just get it! As has been said, you're unlikely to run into problems. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  42. TuckR

Back in a Honda, EP3 Civic Type R

Lovely pictures Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  43. TuckR

EP3 I am a total car noob but the Ep3 has always been my dream car since i was about 10.

It's a shame there aren't many stainless options that keep the OEM look. Obviously there's the Legalis R but doesn't come cheap. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  44. TuckR

seanaldo1987's Milano Red Facelift EP3

Assume the decat pipe has thrown up the EML, will you be getting a K100/Kpro and a remap shortly? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  45. TuckR

Yes mate that's pretty much it. Cheapest way to do it, popular consensus is that the OEM backbox is actually pretty good. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  46. TuckR

Oem cat restrictive? Solution.....

Thanks both, I hear you loud and clear. I'll leave it alone until it dies! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  47. TuckR

Fair enough, obviously if it requires a remap then it's not worth it as I may as well go down the 4-2-1 in that case, like I said I'm trying to avoid that. My OEM cat doesn't look like it will last much longer which is why I was considering this as a replacement. I assume a new one will be...
  48. TuckR

And what about without an O2 spacer, only negative that EML displayed? It's actually a 200 cell cat mate. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  49. TuckR

Did anyone ever go for this setup, considering it myself? I understand that without a remap I would not see the gains but I'm happy to stay 'OEM' just with an upgrade to SS. Would it be safe to run without a remap, possibly with an O2 spacer, as I'm not looking to go down this route any time...
  50. TuckR

EP3 Manifold and sports cat EP3

Hi Marko, reviving an old thread here but interested in the Japspeed mani and sports cat. How did you find yours? Also is this safe to run without remap as I'm not looking to if I can avoid it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  51. TuckR

Boot hydraulic rods(OUCH)

No problem chappers , glad you got it sorted. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  52. TuckR

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

Cheers. Not keen on that though, don't like that you can see the internal pipe, I know you can on the OEM also. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  53. TuckR

What exhaust to pick M2 or SRS ??

Where can you get these from Jimbo? I'd be interested in one as I like the OEM look but stainless would be great. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  54. TuckR

Jimbo's 3rd Type R

Sounds like it's pretty much had everything done already, good purchase. So many people seem to go back to an EP3 in the end!
  55. TuckR

These are the struts I bought for mine, fit perfectly. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161581269782 Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  56. TuckR

didn't take long! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  57. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Nice one Newb. Still a few more things I want to get done this summer while the weather is good. Thanks Krzys. They are in very good condition but not perfect, as to be expected. I'm hoping to find the time to fit them and get some pictures up this weekend.
  58. TuckR

HOW TO RESET ABS LIGHT

That works for the EP3 Mike Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  59. TuckR

HOW TO RESET ABS LIGHT

Mine went out after fitting a new sensor without using the OBD tool, not straight away but after a mile or so of driving it went out. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  60. TuckR

Brake lines

I've got the Goodridge lines, perfect fit and been great. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  61. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Finished refurbishing the other two wheels then took them to have the new tyres fitted and balanced. Still a little bit hazy in the pictures from the Rim Wax I used on them which I'd yet to buff off. Took the opportunity to get the centre caps done. The red on the old ones has faded and...
  62. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

JDM Rear ARB and some Polybush....bushes also went on. The droplinks were pretty rusty and I know plenty have had to cut theirs off so thought it was good practice to change them too while I was at it, just went with Lemforder as I also have on the front. UK v JDM. All fitted, made...
  63. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

So I managed to get a decent amount done over the bank holiday weekend, made the most of the extra day off and the decent weather we were having. I had been experiencing some pretty bad vibrations through the steering wheel when applying the brakes at higher speeds. I'd previously tried...
  64. TuckR

Yeah mine went before, don't remember them being that bad where they fell and hit me but definitely wouldn't open fully without assistance. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  65. TuckR

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Fancy doing a step by step or is it really that simple? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  66. TuckR

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Looking really good mate. Will you be doing the braided clutch line yourself? Fancy having a go but can't find a how-to for the ep3. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  67. TuckR

EP3 Newbs Rough Around The Edges EP3

No way! Main thing is that you're ok but that's crap news mate. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  68. TuckR

McR's Type R

Great looking motor with good mods already on it Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  69. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Just one of those things I guess mike. The joys of owning an older car, wouldn't have it any other way though haha. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  70. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Could well be, I suppose 13 years of UK weather would take it's toll. I didn't kick up a fuss when they told me as these things happen which is why I just bit the bullet. I like the garage and they seem straight shooters but you just never know, which is why I like doing as much as I can myself...
  71. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

So got myself a Genuine Honda Knock Sensor. The mechanics manual shows that the knock sensor can be accessed from below by removing the intake manifold bracket. This was the route I decided to take as it seemed the easiest and quickest way of doing it. It was a bit awkward as there...
  72. TuckR

EP3 front fog lights wanted

Pre or facelift? I'd drop Hendy a message on here, pretty sure they can help Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  73. TuckR

EP3 front fog lights wanted

Wouldn't have thought it would be an MOT fail. They are an optional extra and not all cars have them so if you have them but they're not working I can't see why it wouldn't still pass. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  74. TuckR

My very first honda

Welcome mate. Two lovely motors you have there, love the funky colours too.
  75. TuckR

Type R #11 / polished metal metallic FK2 GT

Saw that video too, car looks and sounds amazing. The price of that venturi cam cover though! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  76. TuckR

Rear arb poly bushes

Possibly, you could probably just undo both of the middle brackets and pull the arb away enough to slip on the new bushes. Any lithium based grease will be fine. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  77. TuckR

Tucker's Cosmic EP3

Cheers Chris but I doubt it is, probably far from it, but I do try! A bit of a bigger update to explain where I'm at....so the Front Lower Arm Bushes (Front) were replaced with the Powerflex Purple Series bushes as previously planned. I managed to get a Genuine Honda Clutch Kit...
  78. TuckR

Non-lowered progressive springs?

Eibach are most commonly used and haven't seem any negative comments about them, I have them myself and I've no complaints. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  79. TuckR

Rear Shocks

Soak it in PlusGas overnight, then get a breaker bar on it....if it still doesn't budge then maybe just cut off the head and drill it out? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  80. TuckR

Rear Shocks

Do you mean the two upper bolts or the one lower strut bolt that's seized? You just need to remove those three to get the whole rear suspension unit out, piece of ****. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  81. TuckR

My type r

Welcome mate, nice looking motor Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  82. TuckR

Please help me! Lost all me gears

F*** me!! That looks so sore, must be in agony when you bend your knees. Hope you get well soon mate and stop being a wimp, get them sorted Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  83. TuckR

Please help me! Lost all me gears

Burnt your knees off, what happened!? My money would be on new engine mounts at a guess, doubt it would be the sychros if everything worked as normal after you moved it. Probably all moved again when you put your foot down! I must learn to type faster haha, glad you found the issue and hope...
  84. TuckR

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Easily damaged so take your time, maybe wrap a bit if tape around the screwdriver head? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  85. TuckR

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Exactly, will do the job at least until you have funds for a refurb or new wheels. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  86. TuckR

Nidge's Cosmic EP3

Can't you get a can of paint and touch up the damaged areas yourself, won't have to be perfect as it's not really on show but would stop it getting any worse? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  87. TuckR

Haz's Cosmic EP3

It is a very similar colour, I always liked your EP3 Spike. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  88. TuckR

Haz's Cosmic EP3

Like i said I'm happy with black but if I were to do them again it would be this colour.... (hope it's ok to use the image, found on the net) Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  89. TuckR

Haz's Cosmic EP3

Looks lovely mate. I've got black wheels and they look great but if I was to do it again I think I'd go for a grey similar to the car colour. Just my 2 cents Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  90. TuckR

EP3 Steve Satin Silver Premier 2006

Looks mint! What were the dyno results? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  91. TuckR

NIGHTHAWK BLACK EP3 PREMIER EDITION

Both nice subtle improvements there, looking good. As for the brakes I suppose it depends on the power you're looking to make, Option 1 should be fine if you're not going mad and it made a massive difference to my EP3's braking. I assume there's a brake stopper for the FN2, that may help? Sent...
  92. TuckR

EP3 Newbs Rough Around The Edges EP3

Looks like you done a good job too. There's plenty you can do on your own to keep costs down, almost everything has been covered on EP3's by now and you can find guides for most of it! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  93. TuckR

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

I'm proper gutted for you mate. Loved this thread and the direction you were going with it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  94. TuckR

Braided clutch line

Haha cheers Mark that would be great, a few pictures wouldn't go amiss either [emoji6] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  95. TuckR

Braided clutch line

Is there a guide on how to fit this anywhere? I have looked but can't see anything Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  96. TuckR

Insurance quotes

Hi Mark, My first year of ownership cost me £900+ insurance even with 8 years NCD! My renewal quote for the 2nd year dropped to around the £400 mark. The company I was with (think it was Zurich) before i bought the car wouldn't even insure me as I was under 30 so I had to go elsewhere! Have...
  97. TuckR

The NightHawk ep3

That looks smart that Jim Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  98. TuckR

The NightHawk ep3

Black might be a little bit boring but then it will match the nahdle inserts you've just done. I like the carbon wrap idea for the centre console, either black or red. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  99. TuckR

The NightHawk ep3

Welcome Chris. It's also the first car I've owned with a decent amount of power, wicked little cars aren't they! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  100. TuckR

Mike's Cosmic EP3

Looks good Mike and I like the plans, I'm sure the list will grow too! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Back