• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. stevenbep3

Can't reply with quotes or upload pics.

Cheers guys. Got my pics uploaded.
  2. stevenbep3

Can't reply with quotes or upload pics.

Is there an issue with the forum. I'm unable to reply to a thread using the option to include a quote. Also, I've just put my car up for sale on here but can't upload any pics as I'm just getting a buffering icon and then my windows 10 says there is a problem. Any help appreciated.
  3. stevenbep3

EP3 Looking for an EP3.. Again!

I can't see how mileage expectancy is affected by the state of tune unless you are putting the engine under continual undue stress. Besides. Engines can be rebuilt, components replaced. There was a guy in the US who's Integra had done insanely high miles because he cared for it well. Big...
  4. stevenbep3

Mileage has nothing to do with the sale. That's just down to personal choice. An S2000 owner at my local garage has never changed his chain and his car is at 165k. He's had it seven years and services it every 4k miles. It's all down to the owners applying tlc to a car. If you are buying a car...
  5. stevenbep3

Timing chains are replaced depending on condition. Some do it for peace of mind. If a car has been well cared for during it's life, quality oil and topped up well and not ragged every time then it's fine. Loads of examples out there with chains never replaced despite 130k+ mileages. You can...
  6. stevenbep3

K100 worthy upgrade with basic mods?

Thanks. If I did go for a DC5 manifold and cat, would I need to upgrade the inlet manifold and throttle body or can I use the OEM ep3 ones?
  7. stevenbep3

Cool pic! Will get mine booked in at TDi North in the next few months.
  8. stevenbep3

Thanks again Simon. Great to know.
  9. stevenbep3

TDI North 3" Catback/track legal exhaust help

Sounds interesting. I didn't realise that was an option. Want to know more! Actually, I just found this: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?95238-EP3-with-DC5-upper-4-2-header-and-spoon-2-1-header
  10. stevenbep3

Thanks Simon. Have you got one of those AEM hydrolock valves fitted? I also wondered how the cold air actually gets to the filter.
  11. stevenbep3

Maybe I'll change the system to a DC sports/tdi with their cat pipe. Going to concentrate on the Timing chain job I've booked at TGM in Jan first. Getting Spooner to do me a nice rocker cover too along with a few cosmetic engine bay bits. Will have a think about things over the next 6 weeks or so.
  12. stevenbep3

If the filter sits in the wheel well behind the bumper how does the air get to it? have you removed the fog light blanking plate or something?
  13. stevenbep3

Rear brake creaking noise

When I'm coming to a stop and braking (happens at around 5-10mph) I notice a creaking sound from the rear. I know one rear caliper has been changed so I am thinking it is likely the other rear caliper at fault. The creaking sounds the same as a creaking door when its opened. Is this likely to...
  14. stevenbep3

I thought it was now impossible to avoid an emissions test? I assumed it was all hooked up to an emissions machine which uploaded the info to the government where the readings were shown. Otherwise I would just get a dc sports manifold and mate it to my existing supersprint pipe.
  15. stevenbep3

I want to Chris but the cat thing put's me off. The only option is to buy tdi's 3" system and have their inline cat in the centre section. I wonder if they can make a quiet system with twin pipe back box for the OEM look?
  16. stevenbep3

Here is a link to the Piper website. It does not state if the power graph was completed after a remap or with just the manifold and sports cat fitted (with their 2.5" cat back system). http://www.piperexhausts.co.uk/piperstore/product_info.php?products_id=4396 The mid range power isn't there...
  17. stevenbep3

Can a supercharged ep3 pass its MOT?

How do people with a tegiwa or dc sports header get through mots? It would be a ball ache having to change the header every year. All the best power mods eliminate the cat pipe. Tdi north advise against the piper system so my options are nothing now without having tdi's own 3" system and cat...
  18. stevenbep3

Thanks Simon. Have you had any water issues with the aem long arm kit? Sounds like a map will be good.
  19. stevenbep3

Is fitting and mapping a K100 a worthy upgrade for my car with a Supersprint B-pipe (unsilenced) with OEM back box. I've done the Hondata air box modification and I've got a good flow of air to the box. TDI North have told me not to pursue a piper manifold and sports cat as I'll lose mid-range...
  20. stevenbep3

I'm wanting to upgrade my manifold and cat while keeping my stock back box and if possible my unsilenced Supersprint b-pipe. I was thinking of getting a Piper Manifold and their sports cat, taking it to TDI North and getting them to fit the manifold and map it with a new K100. TDI North advised...
  21. stevenbep3

Backbox to Supersprint B-pipe donut gasket

I got a 2.5" donut gasket from Funky Power and it's fitted and works fine.
  22. stevenbep3

2nd Hand Piper manifold and sports cat worth buying?

Fair enough. Thanks for the input .The sports cat is the weak point of the deal. I might as well spend the extra money and get a new system with warranty.
  23. stevenbep3

2nd Hand Piper manifold and sports cat worth buying?

I've been offered a 2nd hand Piper Manifold and sports cat for the ep3. The cost would be £400 inc postage. The cheapest I can see new is £662 + shipping. I was wary of buying 2nd hand but reading into it, it might not be a bad thing to buy a 2nd hand one that's a couple of years old as it...
  24. stevenbep3

EP3 Another ep3 off the road for good

That's really bad. Hope the passenger fully recovers. Driver must have been guilty of something bad to run off.
  25. stevenbep3

EP3 Rattle at 3k rpm

I now have a Supersprint B-pipe on my car. I know this makes the raspy noise but should it make a noise like a vibrating heatshield? Looking under the car, the B-pipe seems very snug against the b-pipe heatshield. Is it safe to remove this heatsheild if needed or can it be bent out of the way...
  26. stevenbep3

Fitting camber arms and bolts - any tips?

What brand camber arms have you gone with? I take it, that you'll be getting a full 4 wheel geo set up done then?
  27. stevenbep3

EP3 - Headlights

For me it's down to quality of fitment. You could ask the buyer in advance if they can be returned should they not fit properly.
  28. stevenbep3

Modified the OEM intake pipe (subtle mod)

I have modified the intake pipe on the EP3. I had a spare OEM intake pipe as it happened so that was useful. Anyway, the OEM intake pipe has its aperture facing the car battery. So I've made an angled cut to the pipe aperture so that the original bracket was kept in place. It was a useful guide...
  29. stevenbep3

Thanks. I'll contact them and find out.
  30. stevenbep3

Thanks for the reply but I'm not so sure the M2 is the same size as the Supersprint B-pipe. I'll need to find out what the OEM size is and then get a slightly bigger one for a better fit.
  31. stevenbep3

So I've had the Supersprnt B-pipe fitted to my OEM back box today. The donut gasket I provided fitted spot on into the back box but had to be stretched to fit the B-pipe. Does anyone know what size donut gasket I need and recommend a place to buy one? Are donut gaskets generic eg 2.5" Subaru BB...
  32. stevenbep3

Heat shield or Heat shield tape?

Well for anyone interested I read up that you might as well use a heat shield on a manifold as tape can sometime cause cracking although I read this is mainly on stainless systems rather than cast. However, the most effective way to reduce temps on what I read is to have ceramic coated parts...
  33. stevenbep3

Exhaust Bolts (not spring!!!)

I know of the two spring bolts on the back box. There are three bolts for the cat to b-pipe section. Is the oval gasket needed if you use the donut ring and spring bolts?
  34. stevenbep3

Heat shield or Heat shield tape?

I want to design my own intake kit and I am looking to reduce engine bay temps using simple methods (or at least as simple as cost effectively possible). On a standard manifold, standard engine setup/power, what is the most effective out of the existing manifold heat shield or heat wrap tape?
  35. stevenbep3

Cheers guys. Good to know that good gains can still be had then. Might drop TDI North a call in the early Spring time.
  36. stevenbep3

I wouldn't risk being illegal. Just wondered more if getting a Rotrex SC kit would be a waste of time if a high flow sports cat was fitted. Anyone got a Supercharger kit with a Cat pipe?
  37. stevenbep3

Found my old forum user name. Can they be combined?

Just wondered if my current username (stevenbep3) and my old user name (stevenb) accounts can be combined? No real reason as such but I noticed it today when I was doing a search. Back from the days of my old DC2. Nostalgia kicking in.
  38. stevenbep3

Leaving the cat pipe in (eg a 400 cell cat high TDI North sell) would certainly restrict power output to the tune of around 15+bhp I would have thought.
  39. stevenbep3

If I were to plunge for a Rotrex Supercharger kit, would I pass an MOT or would it be a case of swapping out a cat/de-cat pipe? I don't want to be in a situation where the DVLA could pull me over and fail me either. Cheers all.
  40. stevenbep3

Best place to get a new standard catback exhuast

Did you have it mapped out or use the bypass sensor? I'm thinking if I got a K100, the piper manifold/sports cat and a decent flowing but quiet cat back with a custom air intake I could get about 230bhp after a map. That's not too shabby for a light car.
  41. stevenbep3

That's not good on the emissions failing. I wonder if the ep3 fairs better than the FN2 when it comes to an MOT and emissions. Any other ep3 Piper Manifold/sports cat owners?
  42. stevenbep3

Ep3 Decat

What about a Sports cat and O2 bypass sensor? Or If you can have an ecu remap to map it out.
  43. stevenbep3

I'm contemplating a new system too but a performance one. Most decent aftermarket systems have a 2.5" pipe diameter and then of course you choose how quiet you want it with the B pipe (centre section) and back box. Also looking at a Piper Manifold with Sports cat but when you add it all up for...
  44. stevenbep3

EP3 This is why i love the civic type-r

Still not convinced. It just shows the Vtec kicking in earlier than standard (which would show as more power earlier) and the stock power looks down on standard. Admittedly there is a marginal overall power gain.
  45. stevenbep3

Still doesn't seem right at all whether it's low, mid or high range. Torque, I would understand more.
  46. stevenbep3

20-30hp from a CPL reflash or remap? I can't see how either of these would give those gains.
  47. stevenbep3

Cam retaining bolt

I've snapped the rocker bolt today and have had to order the front centre bolt as shown in the pic. The numbers shown on the previous picture on page 1 show the tightening sequence required for the bolts. So a new bolt and cap are about £7.50 and £2.90 from Honda as of todays pricing (12th Nov...
  48. stevenbep3

EP3 crash...

If you have the time and storage then I'd also say strip and sell. it could be put back on the road but like you say it's not very cost effective. Depends how much you love the car. If it was a rare classis I'd restore it but I'd just buy a cheapo car for now, strip/sell and then save for...
  49. stevenbep3

Still leaking oil after rocker gasket change

Well it is still leaking. I've ordered a new gasket from Honda today. I've got my torque wrench on order already just in case. I can't believe that Honda want over £30 for a tube of gasket sealant so I said there is no way I'm spending that much on their sealant. The stuff I have is decent...
  50. stevenbep3

After nipping up the bolts all round I've gone 3 days with no leaks. Hopefully that's that sorted.
  51. stevenbep3

Found it. It's still the rocker cover gasket so I'm going to nip up the bolts again. It's because it's clean oil coming out of the gasket and by the time it gets to the bottom of the engine it's more dirty. If this fails I'll just buy another gasket as at least they are cheap enough. Fitted the...
  52. stevenbep3

Thanks. I need to find out if the hole I'm looking at is meant to be there. I'll try and get a pic later. The rocker gasket did need doing again though so now it's been done it's not leaking onto the vtec solenoid or oil pressure switch. Having recently removed the coolant pipes by the air box...
  53. stevenbep3

Well, I still have a leak. It's minimal but its running down the side of the gearbox and you can see it at the bottom most part of the gearbox housing just starting to form a drip. I've wiped up the side of the gearbox to help see. I have noticed there is a little hole between the...
  54. stevenbep3

I just use an extension bar and my 1/2" drive. 5 mins and its sorted. Bought a new funnel ant tube for the forthcoming coolant change too.
  55. stevenbep3

NGK Iridium's from Jap Service Parts in Harlow. Already removed one plug to see that Denso plugs are currently fitted. They are just due a change anyway. Never had seized plugs on any car of the 33 cars I have owned.
  56. stevenbep3

Cheers. I'll keep an eye on it for sure. It was useful in a way too as now I can locate areas of the car and engine and know what they are. A good learning curve. Got my NGK's coming in the post so that's the next job. Got the correct 16mm plug tool ready to use too. Next job is the buy and...
  57. stevenbep3

Well after another check last night I found the problem to be the rocker cover gasket after all. It was leaking and leaning on the engine to access the rear coolant pipe the other day didn't help even though I'm feather light....lol Anyway, I removed the cover again, cleaned up, and this time I...
  58. stevenbep3

Just catching up with some maintanance..

I was very cautious when offering it up as the parts guys at Honda said I can only have a refund if the part is unused and not fitted and I had to carefully cut the packaging. Maybe it would fit with some force/fairy liquid. p.s. The other Honda S2000 filter has the same diameter fixing. So...
  59. stevenbep3

If you want to fit a S2000 cone filter to your existing ep3 rubber pipe then do not order part 17220-PCX-003 from Honda as it will not fit. I bought one today and was told by Honda there are 2 different S2000 cone filters. The above part number is for S2000's made between 2000 and 2005. I'll try...
  60. stevenbep3

EP3: Can't remove spark plugs

Got the correct socket and checked a plug yesterday and as suspected, the plugs are ok but need changing. TGM used Denso ones. I'll use NGK Iridium's. Job to do once I get paid.
  61. stevenbep3

It's not the vtec solenoid as that's the other side of the engine and I've got no leaks there and vtec is working fine. Oil pressure switch is also on the other side above the oil filter.
  62. stevenbep3

Thanks Hamza. I'll look into those two.
  63. stevenbep3

Now I am liking that mod more! Nice job! ps How much of the centre section did you have to cut away and did you shape it around the cone filter?
  64. stevenbep3

It's not any hose from the diagram in your link. http://www.lingshonda.co/honda_car_parts_large_image_c50.php?block_01=17S5S01&block_02=E__1501&block_03=9725 It looks like it's another coolant part as it's item 12. The hose joins onto the back of item 12 with a spring clamp. Must form part of...
  65. stevenbep3

A larger bore means you'll only benefit a bit at the top end and you'll lose lower down torque. If you just want the noise, consider a different back box perhaps. Unmodified ep3's are getting less common but appreciate in value. Consider how long you want to keep your car too. Subtle mods are...
  66. stevenbep3

Why not keep it as it is? I find the stock airbox provides better throttle response, smoother running and more effective that the K&N Typhoon that was on the car when I bought it. Keep the stock exhaust or replace with a like for like quiet one. Great fun cars as they are.
  67. stevenbep3

Well, it is still leaking. The black pipe in the picture above is not the cause as this is a coolant pipe which I found out today. However, after an inspection on a ramp today (while getting 4 wheel alignment done) it looked as though it was coming from the pipe/hose that comes out the back of...
  68. stevenbep3

So far so good. I think it was the oil from the rocker cover change that spilled out and downwards. Drove into work nice and gentle again this morning and had a check and could not see any oil drips. Fingers crossed.
  69. stevenbep3

Had a clean up and checked under the car and that pipe. The pipe seems fine. I removed the breather pipe bracket from the side of the engine and cleaned what I could get too. Nothing dripping onto the driveshaft yet and no oil on the sump. I took it for a gentle drive up the road and back and so...
  70. stevenbep3

Running my ringer around the edge of the cam cover didn't show any signs of a leak. I could lift the cam cover, apply sealant and re-seat just in case. I'll try a jubilee clip on that hose tonight to see if this helps, after all it looks like it is coming out of this pipe, dripping down and then...
  71. stevenbep3

Bit of an update. After getting under the car with an inspection lamp I noticed oil was across the lower part of the engine. However, all the muck was on the side as mentioned above. I don't think the gasket I have replaced is now leaking although originally it had been. However, what I have...
  72. stevenbep3

Hi all, I'm still getting a leak of oil (fresh oil) from the car despite just changing the rocker gasket for a genuine Honda one. I made sure it was the gasket was well seated into the rocker cover groove (after that was cleaned too). I cleaned the engine perimeter before fitting and evenly...
  73. stevenbep3

Thanks. I watched the You tube video of the guy changing the spark plugs and heard 10mm and thought...oh...I have one of them already. Hopefully Halfords sell one. Thanks guys.
  74. stevenbep3

Hi all, Changed the Rocker cover gasket yesterday and wanted to check the plug condition too. The last people to change the plugs were TGM according to the receipt from the previous owners service history. I have the slim 10mm spark plug adaptor already but (and I was careful) the plugs simply...
Back