• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

FK2 FK2 general discussion

This R could be a massive flop for Honda by the sounds of it.

The concept looks awesome. That above... does not.

Agreed, the black version looks terrible, the shape/panels don't look like they flow together properly at all.

After all the excitement around the concept I don't know why Honda would stray too far from it, especially if its going to enter the £30k price bracket.

Has anyone got any ideas about price?

not got a clue as I'm out of the loop.

Just my 2p, but I would never buy a hatchback for over £30k

I fapping hope they are reading this as most of us are their target market. Please don't build that black dalek things it's rotten.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Concept spoiler but different brake lights, Honda uk tweeted earlier tonight. Sounds like it will have the new civic type S mini "horn" lights with the concept spoiler being lightless

Don't be so sure. The last one was heavy and not as agile as a clio 200 on track. Power isn't everything. Weight, handling, balance, and power to weight can be vital! I am sure Honda will have been prepared for this.

Of course it's heavier than a Clio, it's a bigger car :lol: also, surely power is (almost) everything if you're going to say power to weight ratio lol.

Realistically, if the Focus is the same price as the Civic.....I'd chose the Focus, or even still, I'd buy an ST and have change in my pocket.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Civic Type R

If a car has better power to weight ratio it's generally going to be quicker and more agile, which equates to more driving fun. The point I was making is that I wouldn't underestimate the Honda just yet. Big heavy powerful cars are not necessarily always faster! I have faith in Honda!

I think I prefer the look of the current RS to the new model. Also the ST looks a bit boring to me. I just hope Honda get the styling right in the TR.

Whilst having my EP3 serviced the other day a Honda representative sat down with me and asked if had thought about the new Type R. He advised that they were taking deposits on the cars. He said I could reserve one one £3000 which will be roughly 10%. He seemed to think that they will go on sale 3rd quarter 2015 for roughly 30,000 give or take. He was unable to provide any statistics yet. As much as I want one I think you would be silly to part with £3000 with no idea about what you are buying and how much it will actually cost.

Don't be so sure. The last one was heavy and not as agile as a clio 200 on track. Power isn't everything. Weight, handling, balance, and power to weight can be vital! I am sure Honda will have been prepared for this.

I've been on track with quite a few Mk2 Focus Rs's in my Ep3 & have found them to be every bit as fast as my car in the corners & noticably quicker down the straights.
You are right about power to weight being important but as all modern cars are also getting ever more powerful as they increase in weight their power to weight ratios generally increase too. But power to weight is only one part of the equation. Traction, braking & handling are massively important too & this is where the modern cars with their funky revo knuckle / hyper strut designs, Lsd's, better brakes, wider tyres, traction control etc move things on.
If the Mk2 focus is anything to go on i think a 4WD version that has more power will be very hard for a FWD car to beat.
But i'll be looking forward to seeing the Civic give it a good go :D

Back