• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. The Dave

EP3 EP3 aftermarket exhausts, induction kits, whats good and cheapish?

You're welcome mate :) The only thing I can say bad about it is the B pipe does hang a bit low, the centre flanges right in the middle of the car are the lowest point and even on standard suspension you can catch on speedbumps! Mines getting lowered in a couple of days so that should be fun :D
  2. The Dave

Same here, it's my daily too, not overbearing or anything, not mega quiet but not boomy once revs are settled but sounds spot on through the gears :) You won't be disappointed for the money! Even the back box alone sounds just nice but it's nicer still with the silenced centre section. I've not...
  3. The Dave

Yeah great quality, just priced sensibly without scene tax! Pretty happy with it and very glad I didn't go unsilenced B pipe as they do sound nasty lol
  4. The Dave

Quite a bit ago I fitted an M2 Cat Back in the end, silenced B pipe (initially only got the backbox but didn't fit well with a pattern centre section which was on the car so swapped it out for the matching M2 silenced centre), sounds nothing like an unsilenced system. Loud on song, not raspy at...
  5. The Dave

That's like a 5th of what I paid for the car so as tempting as it is I would have to pass lol :) Thanks though :)
  6. The Dave

You'll have to send me a message with what kind of price you are after :)
  7. The Dave

I just don't fancy anything which can soak up water, more hassle than it's worth for me. Ordered an M2 back box, Spoon M1 rep :) So we will see how that goes, I may add the centre section (silenced) at a later date but the car I've just bought had a new cat and centre section not long back...
  8. The Dave

EP3 EP3 facelift headlights, ebay non gen around 90/pair, any good?

If you think you can do them a bit cheaper posted, send me a PM :) What kit have you tried Rich? I've not properly looked into what's out there in detail. Thanks :)
  9. The Dave

Thanks guys, I'll have to keep a look out for a second hand V2. I have a K&N cleaning/oiling kit somewhere, would imagine I'd be OK to use this to clean the filter should I go second hand? I'll have a scout about for the exhausts as I am off today, they do sound nice with a silenced B pipe, way...
  10. The Dave

EP3 EP3 facelift headlights, ebay non gen around 90/pair, any good?

Hi guys, as per the title, my new but cheap EP3 has quite cloudy headlights. Rather than spending 30/40 on a kit to attempt to restore, I am considering non genuine lights from eBay which I have seen for about £90 delivered. Has anyone bought these? Are they any good in terms of quality...
  11. The Dave

Hi guys, few years away from the scene and I've just picked up a cheap but pretty damn decent Milano red EP3 for a bit of fun :) It's standard and I fancy adding a bit of noise. I want to get an induction kit, when I had my last one I kept the standard airbox but was looking at AEM V2's, are...
  12. The Dave

My nighthawk black type r

Car looks nice mate. Msg me your price :P
  13. The Dave

EP3 Buying guide/check list for the EP3 Civic Type R

I think I'm gonna buy another, nothing is quite as good an all round practical motor for me and feels as nice to drive as a good old EP3 for me currently! Obviously I made the initial checklist, but can anyone think of anything to add to mine plus the one below in the OP? Thanks guys.
  14. The Dave

2004 EP3 - heater control light sometimes doesn't illuminate? Any ideas?

It'll be the bulb, changed both of mine this time last year and never had a problem since :)
  15. The Dave

Best coolant to use on EP3?

Interesting stuff, well this thread is fair old now and it's not used a DROP since I used the ready mixed Honda stuff and had no issues in winter, done about 20k since then :)
  16. The Dave

EP3 on Eibach Sportlines... lower on drivers side?

Been reading about a bit and got these bits of info, seems common! Apparently up to 10mm difference is normal! ABP MOTORSPORT wrote: 6mm difference is actually very good! We measure all cars we have in for lowering and most are around 9-11mm side to side on the rear :shock: Tolerances...
  17. The Dave

EP3 on Eibach Sportlines... lower on drivers side?

Hi guys. Not long had my car lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, kept original shocks... DME rear camber arms, Eibach camber bolts, Superpro caster increase front bushes, new track rod ends, fast road alignment etc. Car drives lovely, nice and straight, no tramlining (well, LOADS less than pre...
  18. The Dave

Want to lower EP3, what EXTRA bits to change to freshen/tighten up car whilst at it?

So far so good mate, nothing unusual at all apart from over real big bumps if I'm going some I get a crack which I think is the back drivers side... could be springs just clonking a little, cant see how the arms can catch them or anything but yeah drives well no issues yet and they're a bit...
  19. The Dave

Want to lower EP3, what EXTRA bits to change to freshen/tighten up car whilst at it?

Women, idiots :D My lady HATES anything to do with cars, I'm sad for doing car related stuff, having mates into motors... she hates them so much she bought a brand new Corsa Limited Edition which does look the part, sporty looking. Women + Logic = Never gonna happen haha at least they're a...
  20. The Dave

I don't see why she's complaining about the enhanced boob wobbling situation, seems fine to me haha ;)
  21. The Dave

Choosing a battery for EP3 Type R 2004...

I'll have to ask some pals re: the halfords card as I hear they're pretty good batteries too like you say. Cheers chaps :)
  22. The Dave

My Facelift Satin Silver EP3 Civic Type R :)

I agree, they're poor on the EP3, I've been using Kumho KU39 Ecsta Sports for a while now front and rear and they're a LOT better IMO. Especially in the wet, turn in is sharper/less understeer so I can only assume the sidewall is stiffer but I still expect a bit soft being midrange tyres. But...
  23. The Dave

Quick bumpage :D
  24. The Dave

Cheers fella, the drop is spot on, and the ride isn't too compromised :D
  25. The Dave

Hi guys. My battery is on it's way, not too bad yet, but time to think about replacing. Do I need one with a positive terminal on the front LEFT of the battery? I am sure thats where my current one sits, so I assume all EP3's are the same? I have seen some good value Bosch S4 023's which look...
  26. The Dave

Done 100 miles in it tonight and on harsher bumps it isn't as good as OEM but you'd expect that. 90% of the time to me though it feels a lot better, rides the road better and is more stable at speed. B pipe does catch on bigger speed bumps, much to my missus's disgust as her street is full of...
  27. The Dave

Mine needs a good polish and wax before winter, it aint been done for months lol just quick washes. Was a minter when I got it but apart from the usual stone chips someone has scratched my rear 1/4 panel and stuck a small dent in my drivers door, so thats more money I'll have pay out to get rid...
  28. The Dave

It's approx 45 front 35 back according to Eibach (if I remember rightly! lol) but may settle more but it's spot on in the flesh. I didn't think the 15/20mm pro kit would look low enough for my tastes so this is spot on. I'd guess in real life this is more like 30mm rear, like the ABP/Eibach's...
  29. The Dave

Some months on, after the front end started to feel a little loose and disconnected I felt it was time to do the following: All done on Eibach Sportlines and sits just nice for me, closed the arch gap up loads IMO. I used DME rear adjustable camber arms, Eibach front camber bolts, Superpro...
  30. The Dave

All done on Eibach Sportlines and sits just nice for me, closed the arch gap up loads IMO. I used DME rear adjustable camber arms, Eibach front camber bolts, Superpro caster increase polybushes, some new track rod ends, fast road alignment setup and an empty wallet. Sure it looks better but...
  31. The Dave

I will do, it should sit lovely :) I'm looking forward to it driving nice and tight again as it's got a bit loose feeling as I put above. The cars ability will outshine mine so I'd like to go do a couple of steady track days next year methinks :)
  32. The Dave

So it's now getting lowered, some knackered bushes, track rod end was dodgy on one side etc... So we're on target with Eibach front camber bolts, DME rear arms, Eibach Sportline Springs, new track rod ends and a superpro polybush kit :D Then a FRSU! Taken it to Area Motorsport, real nice guys...
  33. The Dave

I think I will now be going to Area Motorsport as they're a bit cheaper and can do everything in FRSU in one hit for me. They've moved quite close to me now, even closer than ABP by a good 12 miles, every penny counts lol. Area are gonna inspect my suspension and components for me first too FOC...
  34. The Dave

Hey guys. Just wanted your opinion, nearly lowering time now but despite my mechanic saying all is good on the ball joints, drop links etc front... I really do feel over loose ground the front end feels a little bit detached and loose when you're pushing on. Whats the most likely cause of...
  35. The Dave

Thats good news then, I aint going all that low so I am sure I'd not really notice the difference :)
  36. The Dave

Just had a look at those on Funkypower, interesting idea indeed! I don't really drive that hard on the twisties so I'll see how I go on at first but if I feel it rolls more then I will invest in a few months as they do seem a good addition. Just skint at the mo, but nice one for the heads up on...
  37. The Dave

I think I'll gamble the DME stuff. My mechanic (has 2 CTR's too) has had my car in for oil change and checking loads of bits today inc suspension stuff and says the ball joints, drop links etc, bushes all look fine and have no play... so if anything springs up when it's getting lowered like top...
  38. The Dave

Think Centre Gravity are more warwickshire, quite a way off tamworth :) But they look an awesome outfit for alignment! I'm not putting spacers on mine but I suppose it would help complete the look :)
  39. The Dave

Nice, are they anywhere near west mids? Thats very cheap! EDIT, alas a little too far away from me. Anyone else know anywhere local/west mids who're good/cheap? I've tried getting a quote off of TI Motorsport (Tegiwa) as I'm a mile away but emails have gone ignored or aint been delivered, I...
  40. The Dave

Aye I thought 150 was the going rate really. I would love to save £50 if the DME ones are good :)
  41. The Dave

Who does Eibach's for 135 inc VAT? I aint seen them that cheap anywhere... would re-consider at that price :)
  42. The Dave

Literally trying not to spend too much... by the time they're fitted, new ball joints and bits and bobs plus FSRU it's gonna be around £600 spent lol... I aint that rich really so if the DME's do the job and are reliable then it's a definite consideration for 2/3rds the cost of the Eibach arms :)
  43. The Dave

What do folks think of these? Good price and I've had a search on the forum but not being too successful, yet have found a few good ratings...
  44. The Dave

Ta mate :) I have Tegiwa on my doorstep too, I've been checking some classifieds though and hopefully got some brand new Eibach Sportlines for a little saving, then it's a case of finding the camber adjustment bits on the cheaply cheap next :)
  45. The Dave

Cheers mate appreciate that, will get searching and bookmarking, still never had the time to dig deep on parts sources for ep3's yet, mines been problem free thus far so aint had the need to, but be good to build a good database of suppliers for bits now it's time for the mods :)
  46. The Dave

I think you're right re: eibach, think I'll stick to their bits all round, as you say they're renowned for making good quality kit. I'll do some shopping around, are there any other shops you recommend too, I'll check those two above :) I'll ideally be getting my usual mechanic to fit it all...
  47. The Dave

A quick bump :) I guess by changing the lot I'm answering my own question... But can you guys recommend cheaper options than Eibach for the camber arms and bolts to help me save cash? :D
  48. The Dave

Hey guys, I have a 2004 EP3 Type R and I want to lower it on Eibach/ABP 30mm springs, thats a definite. I would like to do this as cheaply as poss without using rubbish parts however. I have a good mechanic who's hourly rate is very fair to me so I may as well take advantage. I've just had my...
  49. The Dave

What is on the 50k Service EP3

This gives you a rough idea mate and it seems most bits I mentioned are listed too, must be that kinda age/miles :) http://www.eightspeed.co.uk/acatalog/Honda_Servicing_Price_List2.html
  50. The Dave

What is on the 50k Service EP3

To be honest I'd go into any new purchase without solid history wanting to change all fluids like brake, clutch, gearbox oil etc, coolant, oil change, new plugs... But the main thing is probably valve clearances need checking and adjusting every 25k so 50k is time... :)
  51. The Dave

Good tailored floor mats for ep3's and sources of them

They look identical to mine bar the black/red piping around the edges, will be fine mate if so. I have a little bit of heal wear on the heal pad already but I always pivot my feet on my heals so I aint surprised really :)
  52. The Dave

Couple of Q's: valve clearances done but tappy noise and possible release bearing?

Just wanted to touch on this bit again if I may: The noises I have are a light rattle especially from cold which seems near the inlet manifold area. It's not injector firing noise/clicking, definitely something else. I also have a tapping/light knocking of sorts from somewhere by the drivers...
  53. The Dave

Couple of Q's: valve clearances done but tappy noise and possible release bearing?

I know, and it's a bit mad when we've bought cars which rev over 8k and supposedly love it, bit pointless us being paranoid when we've got engines like ours lol
  54. The Dave

The only problem with that is I've fitted a sub and destroyed my interior so I have the most horrid resonant rattle from my drivers door haha Can't win :D OCD!
  55. The Dave

I am one of those who will worry a lot with "odd" noises but I spose theres a lotta stuff going on with all those moving parts so I shouldn't worry. Especially if it seems quite common. No point having a Type R and be too worried to drive it like a lunatic lol. I'm just glad it's common as you...
  56. The Dave

Mine does sound exactly like that and as if something "spins down" when you put the clutch in... In other cars when it's release bearing the change is instant as soon as depressing the clutch. Someone mentioned input shaft bearing but I dunno what it is, apart from it's in the gearbox?
  57. The Dave

Nice one folks sounds less worrying than input shaft bearing someone else said lol. I had a Corsa Sport 1.6 for a while and battered that car with a noisy release bearing since day one so I won't worry too much as it's not loud and the Civic gets an easy life to be fair. I really want it...
  58. The Dave

Hi guys. Had some work done on my car at Holdcroft Honda in Stoke-on-Trent: Valve clearances adjusted, new rocker cover gasket Brake fluid flushed/changed Air filter changed Pollen Filter changed Removed driveshaft heatshield Gearbox oil changed Visual check of chain/tensioner etc And...
  59. The Dave

They were from here mate. You can chop and change colours if you wish, too :) http://www.needed4.com/
  60. The Dave

Just chucked my mats in at last, fit good and look smart, not bad for £34 delivered :) The red and black piping looks good and it's quite nice thick carpet.
  61. The Dave

I dunno if it comes with the proper honda mats but theres a bar which attaches to the seat area and the locating holes make sure the carpet stays in its proper place, so these have them fitted to fit my bar too :) As per below.
  62. The Dave

Gearbox oil, Castrol SMX S 75w-85 fully synth, suitable for 2004 EP3?? Few Q's

Ta for the info mate. It's been seemingly fine since I've had the car (about 8 months now) but is booked in for loads of work inc a gearbox oil change in a week and a half for Honda MTF3 stuff :)
  63. The Dave

I ended up getting these (crap pics, sorry :))
  64. The Dave

Vibration/rattling noise at 3-4k? Drive shaft heat shield

lol that is of course a pretty big possibility :smt047
  65. The Dave

EP3 door card clips and silver handle inserts

Just quickly wondered if anyone knows if those clips are the right ones? Ta :)
  66. The Dave

Gearbox oil, Castrol SMX S 75w-85 fully synth, suitable for 2004 EP3?? Few Q's

I am gonna do my gearbox oil now chaps, car is on 70k so gonna do a big service, valve clearances etc. So I shall get the Honda gearbox oil but how much do I need to buy? :) Thanks!
  67. The Dave

EP3 door card clips and silver handle inserts

Hi guys, I wanna refit the door cards on my 2004 Type R when I'm off in a couple of weeks. I know a few clips are broken which run down the sides and underside of the door card and need to get some new ones...
  68. The Dave

JDM ones look awesome but are proper money. About 100 quid or more!
  69. The Dave

EP3 Buying guide/check list for the EP3 Civic Type R

I was speaking to head honcho Chris and he asked me to post this up here, it's info I collated from this forum and a few others when I was looking to buy my EP3 Type R, so all in all a handy checklist to print out to take with you when viewing cars so you don't get too hung up on the excitement...
  70. The Dave

Quick bump for this one, I can get genuine ones like I've got for 45 but they aint got a heel pad thing on the drivers mat so I'll only chew through it again, so one last ask before I just buy anything which sounds decent off ebay and hope they're not tripe lol
  71. The Dave

Hondata airbox mod or cheaper induction kit? Anything to add power re: exhaust?

Definitely worth a shot, thanks for the feedback :) A bit of extra noise is a bonus. Not sure if it's worth drilling the airbox at all if fitting a cold feed to the drilled area? Moreso for noise but want to avoid heatsoak obviously, the exhaust is noisy enough on it's own really :)
  72. The Dave

I bet thats an expensive pile of bits then lol, I am a bit sad and going OTT with servicing and need to do my valve clearances too... so am getting the servicing and that outta the way, then some simple mods such as airbox/b-pipe if worth swapping, then lowering. I don't think I wanna go too...
  73. The Dave

My cars just about to hit 70k so clutch may be due before long... I was under the impression the flywheel was pretty light in the facelifts? I also want to get mine lowered, I was just gonna do ABP/Eibach 30mm springs but I am quite fussy and I know it'll turn into a 750 quid job with new top...
  74. The Dave

Yeah I gather good results would come with something like K100 and mapping.... something to consider in the future. But, big chunk of dosh! lol. If I can add anything without manifolds and decats for the time being it'd be good, even if it's better throttle response if not more power :)
  75. The Dave

Thanks for the reply mate, if the airboxes are cheap and plentiful I'll buy one and do it to that as and when, good plan methinks :) Cheers! Anyone think swapping to a bigger bore centre pipe may add some difference?
  76. The Dave

I would like to make a few small performance oriented changes to my 2004 EP3 Type R but I'm no huge fanboy of big names and I am not willing to spend 300 quid on an induction kit. So quite simply, am I better off doing the Hondata airbox mod and some extra cold air feed ducting etc or is there...
  77. The Dave

As title really, my car has genuine dark grey Honda Type R mats but the drivers one has worn through on the heel area unfortunately. Shame as the others are MINT condition but I'm unlikely to find a drivers one on it's own brand new... Does anyone know of or can recommend some real good...
  78. The Dave

So I've had the car 6 months now. What have I done? Not loads mod wise... but kept up with maintenance and servicing and upgraded small things like spark plugs etc in the process, had new tyres all round, audio has been upgraded (head unit, amp, sub, wiring, associated bits and kept the standard...
  79. The Dave

EP3 oil changes... how much does yours need to fill up???

Hi guys, just had an oil change done on my 2004 EP3 and it's drank 5.5L oil (5L bottle and half a top up!) Is this normal?! lol obviously it needs it, just a bit surprised is all :)
  80. The Dave

Holdcroft Honda (Stoke-on-Trent) for mechanical work/valve adjustments, any good?

Haha definitely worth a go, cheers Mark :)
  81. The Dave

Holdcroft Honda (Stoke-on-Trent) for mechanical work/valve adjustments, any good?

Sounds reasonable that, I only really need the valve clearances doing, everything else has been done, although maybe I could let 'em change my brake fluid and clutch fluid then thats done too... I'll pop in have a word :) Thanks mate!
  82. The Dave

lol thats true, I've not long fitted some NGK platinum ones so they should be fine for a long time yet, how much did they charge you if you don't mind me asking? I will have to pop down and have a word with 'em :)
  83. The Dave

My old man literally lived over the road from there lol, they handy with their Type R's then? I'm usually extremely picky with who I let mess with my cars, ideally I need a courtesy car if they need it overnight/2 days with it being the valve adjustments etc as it has be stone cold? Hence...
  84. The Dave

Hi guys, just looking for some feedback from anyone who has used Holdcroft Honda main dealers in Stoke for any mechanical work on their Type R's, namely valve adjustments, timing chain checks etc. My car is due to have the latter really and I really can't be without my car for long so was...
  85. The Dave

ABP Eibach Springs... 35mm or 30mm now??? Visual difference in height?

lol they are quite chunky! I've got mine booked in for a wheel refurb in a couple weeks, going a sort of smoked silver, not too dark as the OEM wheels look dirty otherwise so this colour is a nice glossy dark/shadowy silver, will have post a pic up when it's done, then time for some lows next!
  86. The Dave

I may well do to be honest lol I was thinking of the JDM deflectors as they sort of look a bit bigger and thus helps me get away with not having front tints, mainly due to coppers round here really, but my last car had tints all round and I had no bother but I don't go too dark thats all :)
  87. The Dave

Perfect ride height Li :) Like the motor too! I was thinking tints for mine but couldn't decide wether to get front wind deflectors and no tints or just tints all round, light smoke for me though. I will go for the ABP's methinks, great value and they sit well :)
  88. The Dave

Kumho KU39... worth a punt in these hard times?

Have let us know what you think. Obviously they have their limits but I'm very impressed for the cash :)
  89. The Dave

How you finding the ride quality? Fair few people saying it's pretty much as standard just flatter through the twisties, be awesome if it was true lol :)
  90. The Dave

All the cars look great guys top job, perfect really. Love the Milano Red one looks perfect :) Think I'll go with the ABP springs afterall!
  91. The Dave

Sounds perfect, exactly as I want really just a nice commonground without leaving too much arch gap. I love the way the car rides and handles as it is but I've never had a car with this amount of arch gap for this amount of time lol. You got any pics of yours Li and 4kas?
  92. The Dave

Hi guys. Gonna be getting my car lowered soon, just good springs will be fine. I was considering the Eibach Sportline springs but... I see now that ABP advertise their springs as a 30mm drop. Before, they used to be advertised as 35mm if I remember rightly? If they're now 30mm, whats changed...
  93. The Dave

Kumho KU39... worth a punt in these hard times?

I killed my T1-R's which lasted 4500 miles on the front and opted to go for another pair of the Kumho's after being very impressed with the rear ones I've had for a few months now. Good choice, they grip really well, more than I'd ever need them to as I aren't no racing driver. Ride is good and...
  94. The Dave

Mines buzzing its bag off now, I know the cat heatshield is loose so I'll get it taken off when I get my oil done in a week or two. Can't wait! lol
  95. The Dave

Cheaper alternative to Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth to save some cash?

I may try that next, got 7 litres of the cheaper Fuchs stuff to burn off first now lol, from Opie of course :)
  96. The Dave

Well I've had no problems since the heater control bulbs were swapped when new head unit was fitted...but the recirc button doesn't illuminate any longer. I can't be bothered to rip it all to bits, I don't really ever use that button but when you turn it on the orangey yellow on light lights up...
  97. The Dave

Cheaper alternative to Fuchs Titan Pro S 5w/40 fully synth to save some cash?

Gonna give the cheap Fuchs Titan stuff a go, should be with me on Tuesday :)
  98. The Dave

VTEC light. How to remove the stupid thing? Fag lighter type

Finally got this took out, it was scotch clipped into the ECU wiring..... :| Thankfully all removed and tidied up by some pro's!
  99. The Dave

lol not sure then as the noise i'm on about sounds more like a little supercharger is attached to the engine :) I was expecting a much smoother sounding engine myself mate but mines quite rattleyish sounding, not BAD by any stretch but not as smooth as I hoped they would be so I'd think it's...
  100. The Dave

Good point lol! I thought that only went orange when turned on, but true I'm sure it lit up before come to think of it, I only ever noticed the others are I use them all the time. I've gotta fit the fag lighter tomorrow so I will check it all as it was fine before if so! Typical :D
Back