• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. SteBurns

A 'Vs' thread? Oh gawd...!!

...Especially as mine has been to ABP :)
  2. SteBurns

A 'Vs' thread? Oh gawd...!!

i woz myndin me own biznis wen i sor a phat Beema givin it deff so i fort i sho im... ...Only kidding. A friend of mine has purchased a rather lovely Mk5 VW Golf R32 in Deep Blue with the optional Recaros... It's really nice car, however... My friend has not shut up about how awesome it is and...
  3. SteBurns

FRSU owners, I have a question for you...

Thanks Al, I've had mine done now and totally agree with your description. The steering also feels less vague and as you say it's easier to feel the cars limits. Highly recommended modification!
  4. SteBurns

So... ABP or Grinspeed? (ABP is a LOT nearer) Much difference in the setups or quality of service?
  5. SteBurns

I still want to hear how it affects the handling...
  6. SteBurns

Thanks Tom, just what I wanted to hear... Although it's not what my wallet wanted to hear lol. I'm surprised how the springs have improved the drive, the car seems less unpredictable now and the dull steering feels improved!
  7. SteBurns

I've lowered my EP3 on Eibach Sportlines as I'm going to be using it for trackdays, with one approaching next month. I'd originally planned on getting a FRSU done at Grinspeed to enhance the handling, but it seems to handle great already! So my question is this... Is it really worth paying the...
  8. SteBurns

Eibach Pro or Sportlines?

Simple question really... I've no doubt it's been asked before at some point, but other than ride height is there much in comparison between the Pro and Sportline springs? My EP3 will be doing its second trackday soon and I'll be treating it to springs and a FRSU at Grinspeed. I'm not really...
  9. SteBurns

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Turns out I'd been listening to a load of BS, it's got a full system, decatted with a manifold. Still claimed to be 'standard' though by friends of the owner, which I still can't quite get my head around.
  10. SteBurns

Recommend a front brake disc?

Where's the best place to buy OEM discs, my local dealership? Any ideas on price? Cheers for the input it's appreciated!
  11. SteBurns

Recommend a front brake disc?

I'm already running braided hoses, uprated fluid and DS2500 pads but it's time to replace the front discs. I'm sure this question has been asked a million times but what discs do people recommend? Someone suggested Mintex but I've heard it's worth paying the extra for Brembo. I'm looking on...
  12. SteBurns

Quick Question... Can a standard EP3 pop flames?

Had a play down a dual carriageway with another EP3 and it pulled on me noticeably, and the car was frequently spitting flames. The owner claims it's standard with a back box and cone filter. I find that hard to believe.
  13. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

Thanks lads, I'll keep my money in the bank... For now lol.
  14. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

I'm running Hankook v12 EVO's, I've done plenty of trackdays before so I don't drive shy. Having said that, I've not had any problems with previous cars.
  15. SteBurns

Baffled Sumps?

I'm yet to track the EP3, but the car is now as good as it'll ever be with some new pads and fresh rubber. However, I was talking to a racing driver who uses a Type-R as his daily driver and he insisted that I purchase a baffled sump before I take my car anywhere near a circuit. Apparently, the...
  16. SteBurns

Mounting Your Cameras...

Great suggestions, I hadn't thought of mounting from the rear seats! I'll be disappointed if the camera switches itself off, if it does I'm back to square one!
  17. SteBurns

Mounting Your Cameras...

I've done quite a few trackdays and now I'm ready to track the EP3, I have a JVC HD video camera that I want to use for recording. What devices do people use to mount their cameras? I know many organisers don't allow suction mounts and the seats don't suit headrest mounts. Any ideas?
  18. SteBurns

Bridgestone Potenza Confusion...

Thanks for clearing that up for me! Best I can find is £125.20 from Camskill :) Question... I have a friend who has 2 Potenzas I can have, they're exactly the same but 215 not 205. Would you suggest I mustn't mix and match them? Would it really make much difference?
  19. SteBurns

Bridgestone Potenza Confusion...

Am I right in assuming that the stock tyres for an EP3 are Bridgestone Potenzas? ...If so can someone please point me in the right direction as to which ones I need? I thought a simple search for 205 45 R17 would give me the tyre I'm looking for, but on every site I've looked on there are...
  20. SteBurns

Eibach Pro Springs, Fitting and GEO for around £253, good price?

Not had anything done yet mate, after reading that the vague steering feel can't be addressed without digging deep into my pockets I'm considering other automotive alternatives.
  21. SteBurns

Can you cure the numb steering feel of the EP3?

Thanks dude, very useful!
  22. SteBurns

Promising, I've had great things about the LSD gearboxes. How much would it cost me to get to where you're at if you don't mind me asking?
  23. SteBurns

Yeah if it's an expensive job then I'd be best off exchanging. I used to work in car sales and can get a good deal from the garage I used to work at, unfortunately they'll never sell an Integra! :(
  24. SteBurns

I like the sound of that, I don't suppose you know the cost involved?
  25. SteBurns

It's a shame, only thing letting the car down in my opinion!
  26. SteBurns

I thought I'd played my smart-card getting an EP3 and saving some cash, it would appear I wish I'd gone the whole-hog! lol
  27. SteBurns

I've done some research and got some good quotes for a FRSU. I know the technical side of things, but what kind of benefits does the driver see?
  28. SteBurns

As much as it pains me to say it, the lack of steering feel is really ruining the whole Type-R experience for me. I was pre-warned about it but thought I'd give it a shot, but I still can't get used to it. What can I do?
  29. SteBurns

Picture Request - Aftermarket rims on standard suspension? (EP3)

Yeah I agree... I've got a mate who works for a wheel distributor but I don't think he can get Rotas, he can get Lensos though!
  30. SteBurns

Picture Request - Aftermarket rims on standard suspension? (EP3)

Another picture request for you... I'm looking to buy a set of aftermarket wheels while I save for a FRSU ready for the trackday season, I'm worried that with the arch gap anything other than stock rims will look stupid. I'm not looking to buy larger wheels, just something cool and light instead...
  31. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Thanks Loxy :)
  32. SteBurns

Picture Request - Your EP3 on ABP or Eibach Pro springs...

Yes mate, I'm trying to avoid a bumpy ride! I've heard the Pro Kit isn't too bad, comfier if anything? I want a FRSU to improve the drive so it would seem it makes sense to change the springs.
  33. SteBurns

Cheapest Place For DS2500 Pads?

That's very similar to what I'm now running, and it's working fine for me!
  34. SteBurns

Thanks people! It looks like the Eibach Pro are the best option, especially as I'm not fussed about it looking slammed! I've enquired about getting them fitted at ABP along with a FRSU. :)
  35. SteBurns

Can't decide whether to get Eibach Pro springs or the ABP ones, a little visual persuasion would come in handy! Cosmic ideally but any colour will help! :D
  36. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Photo update... DS2500 pads and braided hoses are on and working a treat, next stop is a FRSU and maybe some different wheels. :)
  37. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Thanks dude.
  38. SteBurns

Who does Trackdays in their EP3?

Cheers Jon, I was hoping to hear positive feedback. I've used them on previous cars and have intentions of using them on the Honda. I'd love 888's but as you say they're a tad expensive, and terrible in poor conditions!
  39. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Nah that's Steve Saunders dude, we both used to have the same car at one point so it was easy to get us confused! He has a Megane R26.R at the moment.
  40. SteBurns

Is the ride height the only reason ABP set about creating their own custom spring? Surely the lower stance affects the drive too?
  41. SteBurns

Ah okay! Well I'm interested to find out what the differences are between the Eibachs and the ABP ones!
  42. SteBurns

Looking for the best FRSU deals in the Midlands?

Yeah I posted in it lol. I'll be looking into it, does sound good actually!
  43. SteBurns

I see, so ABP springs aren't Eibachs. Makes sense now!
  44. SteBurns

Aren't there two types of Eibach spring though? Maybe I've heard wrong but I was under the impression that ABP's own Eibach springs were modified and lower than the regular ones?
  45. SteBurns

That's good to hear, I think I'll go for a FRSU and see how I go. I've yet to track the Honda, all my previous excursions have been in Clios and a Suzuki. Were your springs the ABP ones that drop the car more than the regular Eibachs? I've bought some AP Racing 600 fluid also! :)
  46. SteBurns

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Haha, I'm everywhere at the moment! :p
  47. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cheers Tom, EVO Triangle is another favourite!
  48. SteBurns

Thanks Lottie! I've done around 20 trackdays and had several tuition sessions so I should be fine there, and you're right as tuition is a great help! My only criticism so far is the vague steering and the mediocre brakes (which I'm upgrading), will a FRSU improve on steering feel or just...
  49. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Well I haven't updated this thread lately purely because I've not done much, I fitted an AEM v2 a while back and really like the additional soundtrack! I've just had DS2500's delivered along with braided hoses, so they'll be on shortly. I've just got back from Bala Lake, really enjoyed the drive!
  50. SteBurns

Lottie's Stealthy NHB EP3 - Update 09/03/11 - Mugen Rollcage

Fantastic thread fella! I'll be looking to take my standard EP3 on-track this year as I have with previous cars, I've got a limited budget to spend on track preparations. Bearing in mind that I'm used to trackdays, what would you recommend with a few hundred quid to spare? I've already upgraded...
  51. SteBurns

Thanks Mark. As with most people price is an issue, so I want to get good value without compromising the level of service.
  52. SteBurns

I've taken most of my cars out on track and loved them, and hopefully this year the EP3 will make its début. I was wondering how many members do the same? I've got a few questions lined up... - How do they perform in standard form? - Are DS2500's on standard discs with braided hoses enough? -...
  53. SteBurns

Hey guys, as soon as this weather picks up on going to get a FRSU done on my EP3 and go to the Nurburgring and do some trackdays. So far I've heard that ABP, TGM, Area Motorsport and TDI North are really good, but are there any others I should consider? I want the whole package including Eibach...
  54. SteBurns

Here's my shopping list, I've decided to get everything from eBay for simplicity and to save setting up accounts with other sites... - Ferodo DS2500 front pads - Brembo rear pads - Goodrich braided hoses - AP Racing 600 brake fluid Sound okay?
  55. SteBurns

Brembo pads on the rear okay then? £30 on eBay.
  56. SteBurns

It's time to upgrade the pads on my EP3, I've had a look on the bay and the cheapest I've found is £95.99 for the fronts and £85.00 for the rears plus postage. Has anyone been quoted better prices?
  57. SteBurns

These guys? http://www.areamotorsport.co.uk/ Not far, might give them a call. Cheers!
  58. SteBurns

Anyone got a link for Tom/TGM? I'm still new to the Honda scene and it seems imperative that I get a FRSU done ASAP! Edit;- Is this them? http://www.tgmsport.co.uk/services/race ...bit far for me to go! :( ABP seems to get good feedback also, anyone else?
  59. SteBurns

My Cosmic EP3

Did you just have the springs fitted or a full FRSU? How does it drive in comparison? Would you recommend it?
  60. SteBurns

I'm in the process of deciding how to go about a decent FRSU and so far I think I'm going to speak to ABP, but after reading your comment I'm slightly put off by the ABP custom springs. How was the ride with the ABP springs and was it a standard splitter that used to catch on speedbumps?
  61. SteBurns

Headlight bulb advice

Anybody?
  62. SteBurns

facelift or not

EVO Magazine commented on the facelift being a much improved car, might be worth a read... http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/41367/honda_civic_typer.html
  63. SteBurns

Headlight bulb advice

I've changed my sidelights to some white LED ones, but now the standard headlights look out of place. I don't want HID's, just a simple nice bright bulb that improves on the standard headlights. Any suggestions?
  64. SteBurns

I've just been looking at the same deal. I've heard that the Eibach Springs actually improve the ride too, is this true?
  65. SteBurns

Anyone running 50 profile winter tyres?

As title... Is anyone running 205/50/17 Winter tyres for the months ahead?
  66. SteBurns

Anyone had their car dyno'ed before and after an AEM V2?

As the title says... I'm running an AEM V2 and fancied putting it on the rollers at TDI North, but the list seems kinda long so I figured I'd just watch and take pics. Instead I thought I'd ask if anyone has had a before/after Bhp reading after buying and AEM V2, mine feels quicker but I think...
  67. SteBurns

My Facelift Satin Silver EP3 Civic Type R :)

Tidy, very tidy.
  68. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cheers Andy, my parents are Ayrshire originally too!
  69. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cheers dude, but I've got an AEM V2. I'll be fitting it this weekend :)
  70. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

After shopping around I've almost gone off the idea of spending £200+ on an induction kit. Are they any kits that people recommend that sound good and cost less? Ideally I'd like to maximise gains but it's not vital.
  71. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

Judging from YouTube all three sound similar, although I do think the Cai has that extra little something!
  72. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

That's the one I saw, sounds nuts!
  73. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

I've just seen the Cai on YouTube and my god it sounds evil! Want!
  74. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

Cheers Joe, I'm not bothered about the bay so the AEM would be fine.
  75. SteBurns

Tegiwa or AEM V2?

I've been asking around and these are the two induction kits most people recommend, neither are cheap so I wondered if anyone could offer any wisdom regarding these options or even suggest something else? I love the sound of noisy induction and of course I'd like to see some gains :). I've heard...
  76. SteBurns

My 05 Cosmic EP3

That's wicked mate, love it.
  77. SteBurns

What size and brand for best performance?

Sounds good, cheers :)
  78. SteBurns

Cheers dude. I always like to hear from people who do trackdays as they get to experience a tyres limits! I'm getting prices on various tyres as I type this!
  79. SteBurns

I'm after traditional road tyres, semi slicks are too expensive and a bit dodgy in the wrong conditions! Lol.
  80. SteBurns

My recently purchased EP3 has nasty cheap tyres which I'm replacing. I'm used to trackdays and driving fast so I'm going for a FRSU and Eibach springs. Do people prefer 215 45 17 or 215 40 17? Also, people have any recommendations for me tyre-wise? I'm thinking of Yokohamas.
  81. SteBurns

What's a set a standard EP3 wheels worth?

Cheers, might give that offer a miss then.
  82. SteBurns

No tyres, just rims. Thanks for the feedback.
  83. SteBurns

Just been offered a set of standard EP3 wheels, the seller claims three are like new and one has a slight scuff. He wants £300, is that fair?
  84. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Yeah I hear ya! The DC2 was my first choice but it's too 'special' to have as a daily driver to put loads of miles on, plus and EP3 is much cheaper year for year.
  85. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

I've done Oulton, Bedford, Silverstone and Rockingham amongst others, definitely get yourself on track! I don't suppose you're the owner of that DC5 by any chance? If so, I'm very jealous!
  86. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cheers dude, fellow employee then! The Suzuki was a bit of a wolf in sheeps clothing, it was a 1.5vvti with about 110bhp. It was stripped to about 800kgs with WRC rally car suspension, on track it would snap at the heels of Clio Sports and Type-R's all day!
  87. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Yes Grov, I do!
  88. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Thanks for the heads up, it's always useful to read various opinions. What I need really is a ride in a couple of modified EP3's so I can make my mind up for myself. Unfortunately for me I've owned cars in the past with awesome handling, so I'm not easy to please! Might even be worth shelling...
  89. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cheers Chris, I was going to keep this one standard but I'm already making a shopping list!
  90. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

I've been doing some research and it seems that a lot of people go for Eibach Springs and a FRSU, along with an exhaust and filter. I have a couple of simple questions... - What does a FRSU comprise of exactly? - Do I have to damage the scuttle panel to run a Tegiwa Induction Kit? - Is there an...
  91. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Cannock, near Stafford dude... So not too far away.
  92. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Yeah, once I've decided what I'm going to do with the car I'll get it modded accordingly. I've heard good things about ABP in Crewe, I fancy finding out how much a fast road set-up would cost. I'd like to try and improve the steering feel too as I'm sure you're all aware of the lack of feel, any...
  93. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

I do like my trackdays to be fair, I've done about 20 or so in the last couple of years. I didn't buy the Civic with the intentions of tracking it, but you never know! :)
  94. SteBurns

The New Purchase...

Following on from my newbie thread here's a couple of pictures I took this evening of the EP3 I bought about a month back. It's totally standard at the moment, still unsure whether to mod it or not lol. I'm really happy with it, I can't help thinking it needs coilovers though!
  95. SteBurns

Car Seat Covers... Which Fits best?

Ordered, cheers!
  96. SteBurns

That's perfect Joe, can they be bought through eBay or do you recommend that I purchase them via their website?
  97. SteBurns

I've just bought an EP3 Civic (without Recaros) and want a nice car seat cover for the daily drive to work. I was wondering which would be the best choice/fit? There's plenty on eBay to choose from, too many in fact lol.
Back