• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. xKev

Is there a point?

I havent lost the love for it tbh, still really like that car. Im in Ireland by the way, tax for a 2l is 660 euro, which is around 500 sterling!
  2. xKev

Is there a point?

Is there any point in owning an ep3 if you hardly ever use vtec? All my journeys are short 5-20min max trips to the shops and gym. Im not in work atm so its costing me alot to run an ep3 with tax and insurance mainly, petrol isnt so much the issue. I love the car but im just thinking recently...
  3. xKev

What's your car's current mileage?

04 61k
  4. xKev

cosmic first decent photos

nice, like the alloys
  5. xKev

New from Dublin CL1 Accord

nice accord, welcome
  6. xKev

Spoon N1 Backbox Replica - Help

just out of interest, what if any kind of bhp gains can I expect from the spoon n1 rep?
  7. xKev

Is this it - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-CIVIC-TYPE-R-2-0-2001-2006-SPORTEX-EXHAUST-PERFORMANCE-RACE-PIPE-/271024530531?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3f1a522463#ht_1365wt_1270
  8. xKev

mine just arrived this morning! Wont be fitting it for a few weeks yet though cos I want to get the car test out of the way. Where did you buy the b-pipe cmcniff?
  9. xKev

tell us what its like, im seriously thinking of ordering one.
  10. xKev

Spoon N1 replica

Thinking of getting an exhaust for my ep3, came across this on a a website http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/carparts/3554507 Anyone got an opinion on these? Are they good quality?
  11. xKev

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

yea short journeys are a killer for the ep3, I burn thought petrol doing short journeys, although I dont drive 'slow'
  12. xKev

Me and my EP3

hey, nice wheels, look well
  13. xKev

Any benefits going from 205/45/17 to 215/45/17

is 205 the 'standard' for an ep3?
  14. xKev

Painted calipers; yay or ney?

love them on my cosmic
  15. xKev

Anyone else adopt the "20 Min Rule" ?

If I went by the rule I would never go past 4k! All my journeys are short!
  16. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

So i can expect better mpg now?
  17. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

turns out it was the cat,got a second hand one fitted yesterday so hopefully that sorts the problem! Just wondering, would having a faulty cat affect mpg/fuel consumption?
  18. xKev

Best colour for an EP3?

cosmic!!
  19. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

I got a cat and rear lambda sensor off a breaker yesterday so one of them should fix the problem.
  20. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

well I got a second hand lambda sensor last week fitted and the EML came on yesterday. Now im thinging its the cat. Bloody car:rolleyes:
  21. xKev

Brake Disks very hot

well he took a look and didnt find anything, he gave them a clean. He did notice a smell when I dropped it out to him though, must be part and parcel of my ep3
  22. xKev

Brake Disks very hot

Im dropping the car out the a mecahinc tomorrow for a different issue so I'll tell him to take a quick look at the brakes
  23. xKev

Brake Disks very hot

Not sure, ill check next time I use the car.
  24. xKev

Brake Disks very hot

Ive had my ep3 a few months now and I noticed that the brake disks are very hot when I get out of the car after a drive. So much so that there is a bit of a burning smell like burnt rubber and when its raining there is a scalding sound when the water drips onto them. Is this normal? I dont brake...
  25. xKev

Alarm - no noise but lights flashing

I brought it to an Honda garage and they said it was removed. Its in the boot on the drivers side btw
  26. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

Yeah ill avoid buying a new one if I can, thats alot of cash. Would it be difficult getting one off a car thats for breaking?
  27. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

Honda dealer quoted me over 200 euro for a new one, I think I might try get a 2nd hand one off a breaker
  28. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

why was it an nightmare?
  29. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

Would you recommend this be fixed soon or is it ok to leave it for a while?
  30. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

ok lads
  31. xKev

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

My EML light has been on for the past few weeks and I had it checked by a mechanic today and it came up as a lambda sensor bank 1 fault. This happin to anyone here? Anyone know any websites where I could get a new one? Cheers
  32. xKev

Steering prob- no feel in the tyres

I got a tyre thread instrument yesterday in halfords as well as a psi indicator so Ill check all 4 tyres later today.
  33. xKev

yeah a couple of weeks ago
  34. xKev

no I havent, ill check later thanks
  35. xKev

I got the steering tracked a few weeks ago because it was pulling to the right. Since then Ive been getting little feel from the tyres and ive no confidence in going fast, especially around corners. This morning it was even pulling to the right a bit again. Anyone got any advice for me?
  36. xKev

d-cat

how?
  37. xKev

d-cat

Well its the truth
  38. xKev

d-cat

I bought an ep3 about a month ago and the previous owner d-cat the car, he put it back to standard before he sold it to me and recently that light came on, could it be something to do with this? I brought it out to my local Honda garage and they did tests and didnt find anything.
  39. xKev

Advice on keeping your car safe

would you guys be happy if your car had no alarm siren? I recently found out it was removed in my car for some reason, prob going off. The siren is very expensive to buy off Honda so im not sure if ill just leave it or do something about it. The car is left in a pretty quiet safe place btw
  40. xKev

Advice on keeping your car safe

edit found, no prob
  41. xKev

Just got 268 miles out of 35 liters from my ep3! Mostly motorway driving not going over 4k revs, works out at 34.81 mpg. Not bad considering my last two mpg readings were 20 and 21! Gonna stop counting from now and and drive it like its stolen:D
  42. xKev

topping up oil level

every 2 weeks
  43. xKev

Alarm siren box removed

no the whole box has been removed. Would a siren box from a 2003 ep3 fit my 2004 ep3? Theres a guy selling his for parts
  44. xKev

Alarm siren box removed

I bought an ep3 2 months ago and yesterday found out that the previous owner removed the siren box for some reason, my honda garage told it would cost 500 euro to replace, no chance im paying that. Do you think its ok to just leave it? The central locking and steering wheel lock is working ok...
  45. xKev

How to calculate your MPG

only have my ep3 a few weeks but the last 2 counts had the mpg at 21 and recently 20. Gonna try keep the revs down this time and see what I get. Im guessing cold short trips around the place is killing my mpg
  46. xKev

207 BHP Cosmic EP3 - Steak and Banoffee

does an aem v2 lose or gain power?
  47. xKev

Spoon N1 db?

nice, what increase in bhp could I expect? Would a remapping be necessary or would standard be fine?
  48. xKev

Spoon N1 db?

what about the dc sports catback? I've got a good price on one
  49. xKev

ok boss
  50. xKev

cool, u should do a a few of your car, like driving it interior and exterior
  51. xKev

my silver ep3,

not bad
  52. xKev

Intake guide, the basics. Newbies **please read**

no mention of aem v2 in the guide, how does this compare?
  53. xKev

really low? Reading other threads it seems average:confused:
  54. xKev

cheers, I put in 34litres 2 weeks ago and got 164 miles til the reserve came on today. Works out at 21.9 mpg. Mostly suburbs/city driving and the odd fast spin. This is my first time counting the petrol since I got my ep3 3 weeks ago, these figures sound ok?
  55. xKev

when you guys say you get X miles from a full tank, do you mean til the yellow reserve light comes on?
  56. xKev

Spoon N1 db?

not sure what you mean. btw whats the db for the standard exhaust?
  57. xKev

Spoon N1 db?

NCT, its our version of the MOT.
  58. xKev

Spoon N1 db?

Just wondering what is the db for a spoon n1 back box for an ep3, would it be more than 99db? Im thinking of getting one but it could be a problem for the car test if it is.
  59. xKev

found out the siren is under the divers seat, anyone know anything about that? I'll have a look tomorrow, apparently yer man disconnected it.
  60. xKev

Sounds like its been disconnected on my 2004 EP3, question is how can I check? Where abouts in the alarm? Cheers
  61. xKev

Major Service costs

whats the story with the 'major' service? Is it just at 75k miles?
  62. xKev

Oil questions and recommendations here

cheers, also how often does the oil need to be changed? and how often do you check you oil level, every 2/3 weeks?
  63. xKev

Oil questions and recommendations here

Just bought Mobil 1 ESP Formula Fully Synthetic 5W-30 for my ep3. It was pretty expensive. What do you think of this oil? Its my first time buying oil. Also, is it ok mixing two different types of oil? I dont know what type the previous owner used
  64. xKev

how did you get the door handles done? did you remove them first or what? Mine need to be done too.
  65. xKev

MY 2004 Cosmic Grey Civic Type R EP3

More pics with some tunes http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2AGSxDvUXY
  66. xKev

Prob an induction kit, not sure if ill get an exhaust
  67. xKev

Finally got some pics taken of my new pride and joy
  68. xKev

Minerva Radial F105 - EP3

Are these any good? I bought a civic ep3 last week with a new set of these, just wondering has anybody heard of them?
  69. xKev

Indicators and lights flashing

no its 2004 facelift model. Ill take it to my local Honda dealership on monday if its not sorterd.
  70. xKev

Indicators and lights flashing

Well I only have my ep3 1 full day now and already I have a problem, I really hope its not a big one. I can only open the car with the key since the previous owner changed the battery which left the fob not working. I tried a guide on the net to reprogramme it and another problem occurred...
  71. xKev

New EP3 owner! - Few questions

good call, I think ill get the car tracked and balanced during the week, the steering wheel was a bit off as well, thanks.
  72. xKev

grand, but like I said above at around 80 mph on the motorway the car was rattling a good bit on a smooth road. Ill take it for another spin today and see if it happens again. Im sure it wasnt meant to rattle as much as it did.
  73. xKev

no where would I check the fluid?
  74. xKev

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2004 - 56000 miles!!
  75. xKev

Alrite lads, bought my first ep3 today:D, its a mint type R with 56k miles in cosmic grey. Ill upload pics tomorrow! Its a savage car and Im really glad I bought it but ive a few questions maby ye could answer. - The steering is a bit tight, like there is no power steering, is it meant to be...
  76. xKev

My Type-R Cosmic Grey

nice! I might be buyin an ep3 in the same color soon!
  77. xKev

EP3 - Broken exhaust box?

how much we talking?
  78. xKev

He need a new catalytic converter, are they cheap?
  79. xKev

Type r seats - EP3

why would you want to put them into the back??
  80. xKev

My First Civic Type R

nice ep3
  81. xKev

He said he is getting a new one during the week so it shouldn't be a problem if I buy the car
  82. xKev

ok thanks
  83. xKev

Hey, im interested in a ep3 for sale but the guy told me he has to get a new exhaust box because his is wreaked. It this a common problem? Is it something I should be wary about? Cheers
  84. xKev

05 Cosmic Grey Prem

really nice, im going to look at a ep3 in this color on tuesday!
  85. xKev

ctr-toms NHB EP3

looks very shiny in that last pic! Is there a product you use to get it like that?
Back