• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. j1thu

Facelift H1 LED bulb

That's what I was thinking. Fit LED and then swap them out for the MOT.
  2. j1thu

Facelift H1 LED bulb

It's such a shame
  3. j1thu

Facelift H1 LED bulb

Purchased a pair of LED H1 bulbs to go in my EP3 as the standard bulbs are awful. Just found out that it's an MOT failure to have LED H1 bulbs fitted. Has anyone fitted H1 LED bulbs and if so, did it pass MOT? What is the alternative please? Thanks
  4. j1thu

Excessive hub play coilover related ?

I'd check what loxy says too.
  5. j1thu

Excessive hub play coilover related ?

http://www.tpub.com/basae/222.htm
  6. j1thu

seat belt warning light not working on panel in my ctr 2005

Check the seatbelt wire plug under the drivers seat
  7. j1thu

Window Rubber

Dealer?
  8. j1thu

interior trim repairs

Try a company called Trimline Solutions. I don't know where you live, but they sorted out the scratches in my boot and it come up looking like new
  9. j1thu

Honda Bulb Sizes/Types

Is the front fog light bulb a H11 or HB4? It's just that there are websites saying the bulb is HB4.
  10. j1thu

valve clearances HELP

Hakuna matata Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  11. j1thu

valve clearances HELP

Have a look at this mate: http://www.vtec.net/articles/view-article?article_id=143824&page_number=3 Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  12. j1thu

beaks style tie bar

I was gonna get a courier to pick it up. Kent mate Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  13. j1thu

beaks style tie bar

Got anymore pics mate? How much you looking to sell em for? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  14. j1thu

Air conditioning issue

I'm on my third ep3 now and my current and last one had ac issues. Both times it was the pipe that runs under the condenser that had corroded. But Loxy is right, they should have put leak dye in so that the leak can be detected. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  15. j1thu

Polybush vs Energy Suspension

Legend! Cheers mate. :thumbup: Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  16. j1thu

Excellent Ep3chris. :) Did you buy the kit from Tegiwa mate, and where and what make did you get for the hub bushes? Thank you for your reply. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  17. j1thu

Thanks for your reply mate. Do you have a link to where I can get the superpro bushes from? So I take it the price for the polybush kit is just cos of the name? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  18. j1thu

I thought both the kits were the same? The site doesn't list what bushes are replaced. I'm looking to get a better feel on the road. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  19. j1thu

I'm looking to get a polyurethane bush kit for my CTR. I've seen on the Tegiwa website a kit by Polybush (£313.96) and a kit by Energy Suspension (£175). What's the difference apart from price? Is the Polybush kit worth the extra dough? Any advice is appreciated Jithu Sent from my Nexus 4...
  20. j1thu

Needing wee bits

I won't hold my breath Lol Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  21. j1thu

Needing wee bits

Will that cash, cheque or PayPal Lol? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  22. j1thu

Needing wee bits

That'll be £9 and 5 pennies Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  23. j1thu

Needing wee bits

Is this it? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  24. j1thu

Needing wee bits

I've got the premiere addition seats and I broke the lever to swing the backrest forward and I picked it up from main dealer and it was under a fiver Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  25. j1thu

Needing wee bits

Have you checked how much main dealers charge? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  26. j1thu

Lowering springs

I lowered my old BMW with just springs and the shocks were fine for the 5 and a half years I owned the motor. They were still good when I sold the car. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  27. j1thu

Lowering springs

You don't need new shocks mate. Some people say that when lowering springs are fitted it compresses the shocks more and cause them to wear out quicker. I don't believe this to be true. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  28. j1thu

FN2 Is this a write off? Poor fn2

Looks like a write off mate :( Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  29. j1thu

Just done service - my quick How-To

Oil filter has it's own rubber seal mate. Just make sure you rub a bit of oil around the seal before screwing it in Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  30. j1thu

ep3 premier edition seats

+1^ Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  31. j1thu

ep3 premier edition seats

I've got the premiere and it doesn't have airbags mate Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  32. j1thu

headlight washer

I'm really surprised to hear that. Sorry mate. I phoned VOSA when all this hids business was started and the bloke said to me that there is no way for an MOT centre to test the brightness of a bulb (lumens) and that as long as the beam pattern is correct and bulbs work, it'll pass. Sent from my...
  33. j1thu

headlight washer

Sorry, I should have quoted. Do you have a preface? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  34. j1thu

headlight washer

Did you have a preface? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  35. j1thu

headlight washer

I've had the old bill stop me, at night for speeding and they've never questioned the hids. But I think that is because the facelift has projector lights so the hids look natural. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  36. j1thu

headlight washer

I just took mine to an MOT centre. Always have for the past few years Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  37. j1thu

headlight washer

I've got hids on my ep3 with no washers and it's always passed MOT Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  38. j1thu

ep3 facelift switchs

I've got a face lift and I've got one touch up and down. If I'm not mistake, the pre face has not got a second step on the up but a facelift does. So in theory, you should get one touch up and down Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  39. j1thu

DAB Aerial

Just replaced my aerial with a dab one over the weekend. Fairly straightforward; once the interior alarm sensor is removed, you can gain access to the nut holding the stick alarm. Disconnect the two wires, undo the nut and the aerial will come out. I didn't remove the loom. I then ran the dab...
  40. j1thu

EP3 Double Din Facia for £16 inc Postage

I've just ordered one Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  41. j1thu

need my steering wheel recovering

I've just had mine done by royal steering wheels and they're the nuts! They retrim a wheel and send it out to you on an exchange basis. It cost me £125 for my premier wheel with the momo logo. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  42. j1thu

Ep3 aerial loom

Hi, Just looking to replace my OEM aerial with a DAB one and I noticed that the OEM loom has two wires. Am I right in saying that one wire connects to the back of the radio and the other one is just an earth? Cheers Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  43. j1thu

EP3 Facelift Headlight Main Beam Issue

Can't really tell from the pics mate. I'd say trace every wire and make sure they're all in the right place. Where abouts are you? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  44. j1thu

Removing calipers - how to block brake lines?

Sorry man, my bad:) Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  45. j1thu

I wouldn't chance it. Been a mechanic for 15 years now and have always bled the brakes if the lines have been compromised. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  46. j1thu

? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  47. j1thu

Drumz is right. You should always do a brake bleed mate. The clamp is there to stop it all spilling out and causing an airlock issue. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  48. j1thu

Sorry mate. Been on holiday. Just got back. Draper is the one pal. I've had mine years and Halfords do do Draper. Amazon's cool though. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  49. j1thu

DAB Aerial

I'll take that as a no then. Anyone know how easy it is to remove the wiring loom for the ep3 aerial? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  50. j1thu

Is there a resistor fitted at all? Sounds like either a resistance or earthing fault. Can you get pics of the connectors and back of head light? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  51. j1thu

You got any photos of the lights mate? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  52. j1thu

Guide to ICE in any EP Civic and other cars

Might as well delete this thread Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  53. j1thu

DAB Aerial

Hi, Anyone fitted one of these to an ep3? http://www.dabonwheels.co.uk/Kinetic_DRA-6003_FM-AM_DAB_car_aerial.html Cheers Jithu Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  54. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

I've never seen it move from that spot near the offie. It's either there or not there Lol. My fogs are indeed an independent button on the right of the steering wheel, next to the mirror control. Where bouts near the river do you live? I live off Buckland Hill. Sent from my Nexus 4 using...
  55. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

I see the one by the offie every day and it's got a private plate. The one by tesco is the one with white wheels? I saw a grandad driving a pre face last night. It was silver. I don't think the fogs are very bright. I had a e46 330 a while back and I could have just the sides on and the fogs at...
  56. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

Phew! The gaps the same on mine. DXK is mine for now till I get my private plate transferred. The it'll be HUU. I'll look out for you mate. Thanks for your help mate. It's much appreciated. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  57. j1thu

What do you think of these ?

I had alpine on my golf and they were really good. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  58. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

Cheers mate. Where bouts you in Maidstone? I'm just off the London road Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  59. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

Cosmic mate. What's yours? My fogs sit back a bit and there is a very small gap between the fog and the hole. Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  60. j1thu

EP3 front fogs

Just swapped my EP3 for a Premier Edition and it comes with front fog lights. Do the fog lights sit flush to the bumper or is there a gap? Cheers Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  61. j1thu

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  62. j1thu

No mate. They are specifically designed to clamp rubber brake hose. I've got one Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  63. j1thu

You can get grips specially to block brake hoses. Halfords sell em Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
  64. j1thu

Danga's Satin CTR "Bullet"

If you're just after a regass, Kwikfit do it really cheap. Thats where I got mine done. If there is a fault, you can use Aircon Direct 01474 832941 They are based in Kent and are a mobile unit. So they will come to you to diagnose a fault with the A/C. I've used them to diagnose my A/C and then...
  65. j1thu

Thanks mate. It would be the best time to fit it. If you need a hand, give us a shout. What you replacing on the system?
  66. j1thu

Photos as requested. You can't really see the mesh but you can see the leaves resting against it.
  67. j1thu

I used to work for beadles, till my son passed away. I've left and now im looking for a job that not in the trade. I spent all my time at work and not enough with my son which I really regret mate. Now Im just fixing motors on the weekend. I worked for Honda for about a year in Catford, south...
  68. j1thu

I didn't find removing/refitting bumper an issue at all. I've pulled the front bumper off 3 times last year. Once for the a/c (I replaced the condensor and drier, didn't put any oil in), I took it off again to remove the headlights to get em refurbished and then lastly to reseal them after they...
  69. j1thu

The bumper is quite easy to pull off mate. Get some clips before you start in case you break any. Once off, you cut the mesh to the correct size and cable tie it on. I think I drilled a couple of discreet holes. The only slight difficulty that I had was in trying to stop the horn touching the...
  70. j1thu

I did this job last year. It wasn't too bad to be honest. I got some mesh from Halfords and meshed the lower part of the front bumper. Might be worth doing the same mate
  71. j1thu

Ctr ep3 double din fitment

Hello tonyn88, How is the Xtron head unit going? I came across your post when looking for a DD unit. The units look good so was wondering if they last? Cheers
  72. j1thu

Noise from Air Conditioning

I did wonder that but need to regass to see if it holds pressure Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  73. j1thu

Was regassed in March this year. Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  74. j1thu

Hi all, I haven't driven my car in over 2 months. I started it last week and when the A/C was turned on there was a hissing/metallicy type noise coming from the centre vents. In my mind, the noise sounds like a sword being sharpened on a sharpening wheel or a wheel rubbing against something...
  75. j1thu

Really bad vibration/shaking through the whole car when on the power!!

I thought it'd be a driveshaft but Charged up has the answer but hasn't let us know Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  76. j1thu

From experience i know that if a tyre has become out of shape, the vibration would not stop. The original problem is not tyres Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  77. j1thu

True, but Charged up had no tyre issues Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  78. j1thu

You've got a different problem to the original post. Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  79. j1thu

Would be good to know Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  80. j1thu

Have you sorted it mate? Sent from my Orange Monte Carlo using Tapatalk 2
  81. j1thu

replacing faulty multiplex?

Have you checked for continuety on the switch, when it's on the door open position? If you have and there is no feed, have you tried to send a feed to see if the light comes on on door open position?
  82. j1thu

replacing faulty multiplex?

Are you sure its that and not the light unit?
  83. j1thu

The MOT

Only if it was an optional extra for your vehicle on the year it was made. If the FN2 didn't come with Hid's pre 09 and the owner fits an after market kit, it does not one to have washers.
  84. j1thu

The MOT

Just checked and saw that the link does not take you to the right place. Once the link is opened, click "Browse" on "Inspection Manual for Classes 3, 4, 5 and 7 Vehicles". Then click "Next page" at the top. Then "Section 1" and lastly "1.7 Headlamps". Sorry for the grief. Hope this helps
  85. j1thu

The MOT

I spoke to my mate who is an MOT tester (and has HID's fitted to his motor) and he advised me that a vehicle will only fail an MOT with HID's if the manufacturer fitted self leveling and headlamp washers to the vehicle from factory. IE; If a Civic Type R came out if the production line with...
  86. j1thu

Headlight wiring system for EP3

I have the facelift model and used the H1 bulbs, 35w. I got the 6000k ones The kit is really easy to fit. If you have any problems, give us a shout and I'll try and help
  87. j1thu

Headlight wiring system for EP3

Try this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270600835696?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649 Thats what I've got
  88. j1thu

That's a shame! I was gonna say, if you were local, I'd have a look at your motor. Sorry mate
  89. j1thu

Charged up; where abouts do you live?
  90. j1thu

You would notice a difference if the wheels are swopped over. And with regards to the discs, you'd only feel the vibration when braking. In my 15 years being in the trade, I've never known discs to cause vibration without braking. If front wheels were out, you'd feel it on the steering wheel and...
  91. j1thu

My mate has changed an ep3 driveshaft due to it being bent. Vibration from worped discs would only occur under braking. I would have said that it Is possibly tyre ware or a buckled wheel but he's swopped the wheels. Unless ofcourse all the wheels and tyres are knackered
  92. j1thu

Garages usually use them to check for warped brake discs.
  93. j1thu

And if you don't have a gauge, you'll have to remove them and inspect them manually on a flat surface. Try the gear box side first mate. Good luck
  94. j1thu

Fog Light Kit from the US

True......... Oh well, better get saving for the real deal
  95. j1thu

If one of the driveshafts are slightly bent, you'll get a really bad vibration at high speeds but then stop at even higher speeds, if that makes sense. I've replaced a few on V'dubs and the symptom sounds the same
  96. j1thu

Sounds likea drive shaft to me. Have you had the issue since you bought it?
  97. j1thu

Fog Light Kit from the US

Where did you get them from mate?
  98. j1thu

power windows

Is it slow up and down mate? Try a bit of WD40 on the run channels
  99. j1thu

power windows

dave_10 is a bit shy! lol :D
  100. j1thu

2003 EP3 Rear Lights

Has the bulbs been changed recently?