• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. mynameissteve

Bright gold evo 8s on cosmic grey

Thanks, not standard either lol Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. mynameissteve

Once I've fitted the springs i'll decide what colour they will go :) Today I discovered toyo proxes are absolutely rubbish in the wet compared to my potenzas :( They came with the wheels but based on this experience I could never recommend them. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  3. mynameissteve

Well I just bought these and the 30mm springs should arrive next week :) Thoughts ? Originally I was going to spray them silver but on a recent Facebook post they seemed popular ! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  4. mynameissteve

WN04 YCP an old members car ?

Hi all Been around years ago, sold my cosmic grey and always missed it so I'm back with another one :) Anyone know it? Its standard ignoring the air intake and tints. Needs new getting tyres and a service as no history from 90 and it's now 112. Anyway, great to be back in an R :)
  5. mynameissteve

Starter motor noise

That's interesting. I will try to record my starter sound for comparison. Years of messing around with cars I would have always said it was the starter !
  6. mynameissteve

Starter motor noise

Mine does this in the summer and I have a new battery !
  7. mynameissteve

how to fit a shift light. basic guide. Dyna model

just been reading the thread on your car and saw you had fitted a shift light, epic car too !
  8. mynameissteve

thanks :) if it helps one person then this post has done its job to buy new the Dyna sift light kit appears to be £150 but i got this of a member on here second hand. im sure you can buy cheaper ones
  9. mynameissteve

10. mynameissteve

My '04 EP3 (Cosmic Grey)

looking forward to the video :)
  11. mynameissteve

Hi all i bought a shift light a few weeks ago and trying to find info on how to wire it up has been like getting blood from a stone :smt017 but ive done it so for reference if anyone else is tempted i took some pictures for you save you the hassle i had although most of you will know how to...
  12. mynameissteve

fitting a shift light into the ep3 wiring

57 views ill take that as a no then lol who knows if this is the magic blue wire for picking up the tacho signal plug E pin 26 ? this blue wire ................................^ taken from my car from under the passenger side of the dash.
  13. mynameissteve

EP3 Metallic rattle noise at 2k rpm when under hard load

Nice one another ep3 clutch sorted :lol: Let's hope this post helps others in the future too ;) Although annoyingly I'm getting a judder again on holding the car on the clutch at traffic lights :/ Will check this weekend nothings lose :eek:
  14. mynameissteve

fitting a shift light into the ep3 wiring

Hi all ive bought a dyna shift minder and wondered if anyone can recommend a good location to pick up the signal from the tacho. my cars a 05 ep3 ive done loads of searching and read about ecu E pin 26 :confused: some have said a blue wire others a blue with grey line ? is this straight out of...
  15. mynameissteve

Mine had done 101300 on its original clutch but no idea if what would produce clutch rattle as it would be under full load but who knows ?
  16. mynameissteve

HELP honda advice need regarding gearbox

I bought the car with all of those symptoms but I didnt realize it was a bad clutch. I knew the release bearing was noisy but that didn't bother me The rattle I only noticed after a while Replying on my phone hence the strange messed up words on the last post I made lol
  17. mynameissteve

Okay my problem was this The clutch pedal was heavy and the biting point was towards the bottom, not on the floor but low. When in v-tec it would sometimes be a struggle to get it into second or third and would either crunch or I would have to wait for it to do the rpm a little too very it in...
  18. mynameissteve

my pleasure as these thing rarely get updated. no what your looking at there is the loose centre to the clutch plate that sits on the gearbox mainshaft, this gave me clutch judder when riding the clutch/hill starts
  19. mynameissteve

cosmic grey 05 and its mine mine mine :)

my weekend in pictures and i couldnt get the shaft to split even when it was off so i had to remove it as one, that was fun time for a rest :D
  20. mynameissteve

i was right !! changed the clutch and its gone and i found this and the springs had become very loose too also i now have a perfect gearchange again :lol:
  21. mynameissteve

yep you have to drop the frame out mine yesterday ! but i can now say that the clutch pedal is sooooooo smooth and light and gear changes are perfect now
  22. mynameissteve

gearbox removal guide ?

thanks for the info i found and used this http://customdc5.my-php.net/diy/clutch/ really detailed with good pictures, it misses a few bit out like air con pipes on the sub frame and removing the inlet manifold support to remove the gearbox bolt but other than that it was very handy made my...
  23. mynameissteve

clutch kit cost me around £140 no idea how much a garage would charge to fit one prob £200 at a guess
  24. mynameissteve

also remove the gearstick gaiter and have a look to make sure the linkages are attached still Mike-ep3 yep clutch mine does it a bit hoping to change it weekend
  25. mynameissteve

gearbox removal guide ?

Hi all ive searched the forum but i cant seem to find any useful hints or guides on removing the box on these cars was going to change my clutch this weekend and seeing as the subframe has to come down i was after some info or guide why can you not get a manual for these cars :mad:
  26. mynameissteve

is this a genuine Honda clutch kit

thanks everyone for taking the time to reply. surprised that no branding is applied to protect there genuine products even if they are made my a third party (as most things are) looks like im fitting it this weekend then :cool:
  27. mynameissteve

Wet and Dry your headlights

i was going to post what he just said so as above but also using farecla g3 and g10 to polish then a good wax.
  28. mynameissteve

Newbie, just bought a cosmic 2005 ep3 :)

Hi nice looking car and in the best color :lol: I've just picked up my new clutch today after I had asked on here What's best and the typical reply was standard Honda/exedy clutch unless very tuned. Hope that helps a bit
  29. mynameissteve

is this a genuine Honda clutch kit

Hi all as the title says really is this genuine ? was sold as such the reason i ask is im new to Honda and i come from running old Mercedes 190s but when ever i bought a genuine bit of kit from Mercedes it always has the logos stamped/printed all over their stuff i see no Honda markings on any...
  30. mynameissteve

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Just read it all car looks good. Cool videos :)
  31. mynameissteve

So overjoyed to be greeted by this...

always crap when this happens and they sod off :( but if you cant find another a body shop can plastic weld the split ( five min job) and then just respray the bumper maybe better and cheaper than sourcing another one
  32. mynameissteve

i have this too on my 05 plate in any gear if i let it drop under 2k and then accelerate it does this tinny type of rattle but ti goes once im past 2k rpm does it when i pull away aswell. it sounds like its coming from the front passenger side of the engine bay and i am starting to suspect the...
  33. mynameissteve

clutch plate kit advice please

Has anyone got a pdf that covers the type r gearbox drop ? ive changed fwd clutches before but i know sub frames have to be dropped etc on these cars so any pointers would be great seeing as im doing it on my drive :(
  34. mynameissteve

yep just order mine this evening, thanks all for the help and advice :) figo love you signature, pmsl Hey I just passed you, and this is crazy..but i'm in fourth gear, so VTEC BABY!
  35. mynameissteve

Nice one Thanks :)
  36. mynameissteve

Ok Thanks for the info that's all I needed :) exedy clutch kit it is then. Newish here so not sure who cox are sorry !
  37. mynameissteve

Hi Im just after a bit of advice from those that know :) Clutch is due and I see I can get oem or exedy or other random cheap makes Thing is I drive it hard although it's a daily and alot of gear changes are in the v-tec range I plan on doing Atleast one track day and the handling track...
  38. mynameissteve

Amazed I haven't seen you yet. I thought it was supposed to be a small world lol To be fair I car share for work so I drive one week then passenger the next.
  39. mynameissteve

Damn didn't notice you ! I live just off booth lane and I travel that way to work some days but mostly through Boughton lane and out towards West haddon so I'm normally that end of town. I noticed a cosmic in Boughton and seen one at the last second near the windhover pub last week when I was...
  40. mynameissteve

My NHB EP3

Damn I can't Join your club :( but welcome and I now know another acronym
  41. mynameissteve

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

look forward to pictures to see how they sit
  42. mynameissteve

My NHB EP3

ok im lost whats NHB stand for ? looks nice though what ever it is lol
  43. mynameissteve

i come from rear wheel drive so seeing wider at the front just melts my brain ! :) i would have thought there was loads of room for 8.5J on these cars ? its not that wide but im new to them so ? :)
  44. mynameissteve

love the look :) now waiting to see how it looks on the new wheels ! are they going to be the new daily rims ?
  45. mynameissteve

yah or nay, im actually liking it a little if im honest :) and i designed a new cup holder too ! and decided to do a service good job i did !!
  46. mynameissteve

wow yours looks mint ! if i see you i will give you a wave :)
  47. mynameissteve

Donington Park Track Day 17/05/13 - Civic Type R EP3

yeah i ran an evo8 last year on the gp track and the end of that straight its testing the brakes to the limit ! calipers needed painting again :) for a capri it went very well and an unusual thing to see at a track day.
  48. mynameissteve

Donington Park Track Day 17/05/13 - Civic Type R EP3

cool vids, i take it on the second video its a different driver ? lines become more aggressive, shame they closed the chicane down to the hairpin. question what the hell was that capris spec did you get a look at it ?? ive owned many but not that good round corners to beat a type r !
  49. mynameissteve

Some downloadable manuals if there of any use

has anyone downloaded these ? i get twitchy downloading from unknown sites :)
  50. mynameissteve

TomW Cosmic EP3 Premier

personally i like the gold but the black suits it more as its just two colours with the grey car, black wheels and all the trimming will be good to see what you do as im considering black wheels on my cosmic
  51. mynameissteve

bumper splitter red on a cosmic.

I did ask and thanks for the reply. I painted one of the calipers red but I don't like it makes it look odd I think if looks better standard silver.
  52. mynameissteve

Yes your probably right on both points. So its crap then lol and probably cheesy too.
  53. mynameissteve

Ok have I just made my car look crap :confused: Yes the pictures poor and it is removable is just tape to see if I liked it. I've not actually bothered to take it off the drive to stand back and look at it lol
  54. mynameissteve

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

How much do you think your brake kit would sell for of you decided to go ahead with them.
  55. mynameissteve

My new EP3 type r premier edition, TRACK CAR! (exhaust and massive brakes page 5)

Hmmm think the brakes need to be bigger :eek: fill the wheels perfectly
  56. mynameissteve

Lovl brilliant idea with the wheels If You had seen it half hour before that picture you would have said please wash it that's criminal :D So I take it know one wants to buy my beautiful old wheels ? They could transform your car (into a crap looking car :D) (Mods/admin don't worry...
  57. mynameissteve

Lovl Nope I'm going to sell them to some poor sold with no taste on eBay :)
  58. mynameissteve

Yeah I agree so glad i changed them it just didn't look like an R before more like a replica.
  59. mynameissteve

A couple more Much happier with it now.
  60. mynameissteve

Thanks :) only maintenance for now. Tempted to replace the intake just for the noise though :)
  61. mynameissteve

BOOM ! FITTED :) Drives so much better I must weight the old wheels and find the weights of these for a comparison.
  62. mynameissteve

My Cosmic Premier EP3

looks nice and a post i will folllow :)
  63. mynameissteve

[2004 NHB EP3] - Failing Clutch?

as im typing this question i know i will get shot down in flames lol but......... i see a re manufactured plate kit on ebay at the moment for £50 ! £100 saving. ive fitted a remanufactured one many years ago to an old car and it was ok :twisted: runs and hides
  64. mynameissteve

Blast what a shame I was convinced you would be tempted by offer atleast ! Lol
  65. mynameissteve

£9 for the seats if you throw in the carpet too :)
  66. mynameissteve

[2004 NHB EP3] - Failing Clutch?

mines doing exactly the same but it is at 99k though. going to change it when the weather warms up a bit does anyone know how long they can last in this state if driven normally ? just to give me an idea of how long its got left
  67. mynameissteve

hopefully sunday :D
  68. mynameissteve

Update Whoop whoop
  69. mynameissteve

Thanks davef09
  70. mynameissteve

Thanks for the comments. I've seen a few sets of wheels on eBay but they are normally miles away and won't courier or not worth what they are asking. After buying the car I don't have loads of money left at the minute :( Plus I need to replace the clutch sometime as it's a heavy low pedal and...
  71. mynameissteve

thanks :) i wont be keeping the wheels on it and im watching every set that comes up on ebay
  72. mynameissteve

hi all bought this last weekend and loving it more than i though i would ! ive come from mildly tuned subaru and saab plus many many a modified mercedes but had enough of messing around with cars and just wanted something standard but fast without turbos or so low i couldnt get over speed...
Back