• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. T

Ep3 rear seats into an ep2??

Hi, just wondered if a set of ep3 rear seats fit straight into an ep2? I wasn't sure so didn't want to tell a friend they did. Any help much appreciated thanks. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  2. T

Which springs are better?

Service not device..... phones!! [emoji83][emoji83] Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  3. T

Haha I know ain't it just. Well overly impressed with them and your device. Top notch!! Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  4. T

Josh it was your Rs-R springs that I bought haha. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  5. T

Hi, just after a bit of advice on which set of springs are better. The two sets that I have found are: Apex 30mm & RS-R 30mm. I have heard of apex but not rs-r. Which would be better. Thanks. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  6. T

FRSU Advice.

Hu, can someone give me some front and rear measurements from a car that's been lowered 30mm just so I have a rough guideline to adjust mine to. I'm measuring from wheel arch to bottom of alloy wheel. Thanks Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  7. T

FRSU Advice.

Ah right that's probably why I couldn't find a definitive answer then. That's cool. What's the best set up I have been reading -1 all round but some people say -1 front and -0.75 rear. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  8. T

FRSU Advice.

Does anyone know the spring rates on a set of eibach pro's can't find anything on Google about it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  9. T

FRSU Advice.

Ok mate I shall have a look and get a set ordered. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  10. T

FRSU Advice.

You know what I personally don't think they are to bad, had a fair few people in the car who have said the same as well. But saying that I have never driven an ep3 with a FRSU done so will more then likely be light years apart. So lowering springs are the way to go, there is a a set of Rs-r...
  11. T

FRSU Advice.

Hello again all, getting the finishing touches for a FRSU to be done and I was after a bit of advice. It seems to me that a lot of people have a set of lowering springs installed when doing this but I have a set of coilovers (budget) that came with the car which have been what you would call...
  12. T

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Mine is only a daily driver will never see a track. I got one as a mate had one in his integra and he said it was s different animal with a lightened flywheel in. Hence why I got one a while back. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  13. T

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Ah right ok, I have been told that it should rev up quicker and Vtec may feel different when it engages?? Don't know how true it is?? And by slow on shift you mean like Sunday driver slow or just normal day to day driving hsha Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  14. T

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Ok and will I notice much of a difference compared to my standard flywheel. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  15. T

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Clutch is on the list to do at some point as its not essential just yet so was kind of last thing on list of jobs to do. And no not planning on getting an LSD Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  16. T

Ep3 facelift flywheel

Hi, I have a facelift ep3 flywheel to go onto my preface ep3. Question is, is it worth it for the money it's going to cost to get it fitted along with a new clutch? Thanks Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  17. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

Now now ladies all I wanted to know was if the 17x8 et35 fitment was ok haha. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  18. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

To be honest my wheel knowledge on whether a brand is crap or good is very limited. I'm one of these where as long as the design is how I like and the alloy looks good that's fine with me. I have heard good things I have heard bad things about Japan racing but it's like everything some people...
  19. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

How much are are a set brand new?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  20. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

I was looking at the Japan racing replicas of those wheels. How is the fitment?? Any pics of the car side on so I can see how they look?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  21. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

What alloys are you running in that picture Lewis?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  22. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

What alloys do you have on your car mate?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  23. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

I will be going with 215's on the 7.5j wheels. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  24. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

Looking on a website the 7.5j et42 would give me 3mm less clearance on inner and 9mm more on the outer edge of rim. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  25. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

No idea really, hopefully someone with evo alloys on can enlighten me. If that is the case though then surely the 7.5j with et42 shouldn't rub?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  26. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

Yeah I thought that as well, seen plenty of people straight swap evo alloys with no issues. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  27. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

I'm ideally looking for something that is flush with the side of the car rather than the roller skate look I have now. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  28. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

Ok that's fine just needed to know, so I will be better off with my second choice which come in 2 sizes. 7x7.5 et42 7x8 et35. Would both fitment fit?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  29. T

Aftermarket alloy advice

Hi, I'm looking into getting some new aftermarket alloys once Xmas has been and gone. I'm just after a bit of advice on the wheels that I'm interested in would fit with no arch rubbing issues. I'm looking at some wheels which are 17x8 et30. May also add my ep3 is on coilovers. If these don't fit...
  30. T

Dc5 Flywheel On An Ep3

Exactly what I though, hence why I have gone for an own lightened flywheel which isn't extreme. For the money I couldn't say no and it will do me for daily use. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  31. T

Dc5 Flywheel On An Ep3

Yes Scooby that could of been the one I won on eBay think it was £22 all together sent to me. Like I say for the money it's worth a go. Didn't want some stupid light just wanted something practical for road use and that will improve it slightly. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  32. T

Dc5 Flywheel On An Ep3

Yeah mine is pre facelift hence why I wanted to do it whilst doing clutch. The DC5 flywheel bolts straight on with no messing about as well. I won it on an eBay auction and for the £10 it cost me including postage I think it should do me fine for road use. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  33. T

Dc5 Flywheel On An Ep3

From what I have been told the DC5 flywheel weighs 4.9kg and my pre facelift ep3 flywheel is 7.9kg. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  34. T

Dc5 Flywheel On An Ep3

Hi all was just wondering if a 2001 dc5 type r flywheel will fit on my 2002 civic type r. Was doing clutch soon and wanted to fit a lightened flywheel at the same time but keep it OEM-ish. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  35. T

ABS Light Won't Clear!!

Genuine Honda sensor. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  36. T

ABS Light Won't Clear!!

It picks up off the driveshaft and all the teeth on that are intact. Looks like I will have to maybe get an auto electrician to check for possible wire breaks in loom. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  37. T

ABS Light Won't Clear!!

Hi, I have had my ABS Light on for a couple of weeks now although some days it doesn't come on. It's also something that I have been able to clear with a code reader. Anyway I got myself a new sensor and it's not cleared it and now it won't even clear with the code reader?? I have checked for...
  38. T

Airbox mod good drop in filter

Haha not for £100 and you have to change it every year as its not washable and re useable. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  39. T

Ok so stay well away from Pipercross. Looks like the only way to go then is the old faithful K&N filter. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  40. T

I have just seen those on demon tweets. What's your thoughts on it? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  41. T

Hi, was just wondering which drip in filter to use?? K&N, ITG, Cosworth or Pipercross. Is there much different between them or just price. Thanks. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  42. T

Cheap insurance

Unable to give me a quote as you use the same underwriters as Adrian flux?? Don't really understand why though. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  43. T

Cheap insurance

That's great, I shall give you a ring shortly. Thanks. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  44. T

Cheap insurance

Hi I tried ringing last night but you was closed, will be ringing yourselves today during my lunch. Does the discount code still apply?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  45. T

Cheap insurance

Hi I'm looking for a company that would offer me a cheaper rate of insurance on my 2002 type r. 27 with 9 year NCB. Current insurer have raised prices. Anyone know of half decent rep insurer's. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  46. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Yeah I thought it was a bit strange as well. I have got the clutch just need to fit it all. I was thinking of installing a facelift flywheel also. Would I feel anything different or is it a waste of time and money?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  47. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

I'm not unfortunately. I can also bypass the crunch by shifting quickly between 1-2. I have been told that a shirt shifter may help my situation don't know if that's true though?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  48. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Would it not be like that in every gear though if the clutch was on its last legs and not just 2nd?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  49. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Yeah that's exactly how mine is Nick. What's the rough cost of synchro replacement?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  50. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Yes clutch replacement is going to be done shortly, was just seeing if it was synchros as I would have it done at same time. So don't have to take box out twice. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  51. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Well this is the thing I bought it from a guy who has had it from brand new and he said it's never been changed. Pretty impressive to do 119k on original. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  52. T

Ep3 2nd gear advice

Hi, i have a 2002 civic ep3 done 119k. Was just wondering if my 2nd gear is a problem or not. Sometimes it clicks/grinds into 2nd gear but like I say it doesn't do it all the time. It seems to depend on where I position my gear lever as it has a bit of play side to side. If I engage 2nd with the...
  53. T

Drivers side speakers not working??

Hi, got into car today and thought that my music sounded quiet and couldn't hear anything coming out my door. Did a quick check on the Headunit and found that both drivers side speakers ain't working. Any ideas?? Do they run separate fuses?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  54. T

Front passenger seat rattle.

I haven't mate, but I will try that tonight when I leave work and see if it works. Thanks Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  55. T

Front passenger seat rattle.

Hello, I have an ep3 which has developed a rattle on the passenger seat when on uneven roads. Not something major but just highly annoying when driving. Putting a but of pressure on the seat makes the noise go away. Anything I can do with this or is it just one of those things that I will have...
  56. T

Air filter advice??

Nope nothing lit, but whatever it was its cured itself overnight and runs fine again now. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  57. T

Air filter advice??

Hi all, just a bit of quick advice. Was randomly testing an s2000 filter on my ep3 just to see looks and sound. Everything ran fine. Removed it all and put it back to normal and now my idle is erratic, I have checked and double checked everything. Don't understand what could of happened?? Sent...
  58. T

Oil Leak!!

OK that's a no go then lol, was just thinking if there was anyway I could get it done tonight but I will wait till tomorrow and take it to a company that has heavy duty hgv air guns see if they can budge it. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  59. T

Oil Leak!!

Well unfortunately I can't get one of these sealy tools until next week and I have a long journey to do at the weekend. Would I do any damage if I put the car in gear and used a breaker bar to remove the bolt?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  60. T

Oil Leak!!

Ah okay thanks for the info will look into purchasing one of those sealy tools. Hopefully will have this cured soon. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  61. T

Oil Leak!!

Hi, just noticed I have a oil leak which looks like it's coming from behind the crank pulley can see any oil above this or from either side just from the underside of the pulley. My guessing is a crank oil seal?? Are these easy to change and any precautions I have to take I.e when removing the...
  62. T

Ep3 type r alloys wheel question

Ah right OK, would 215/50's look stupid though?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  63. T

Thanks Chris that's all I need to know. Much help. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  64. T

7.5j with an offset of et35. Only problem is the tyres on them are 215/50 17. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  65. T

Hello, just a quick question. I have found a set of rota grid rep alloys for sale that I'm interested in buying. They state that they were on a freelander pre 2006 which if I'm correct are the same stud pattern 5x114.3. I may have been dreaming but I'm sure I have seen a picture that had an ep3...
  66. T

Idle Fault??

Honestly I'm not sure as I had done a few things to it all at the same time. I had cleaned and lubed with wd40 again, tapped the idle control valve body lightly with a hammer just to free it off a little bit more and I positioned the magnetic end cap in a different place. As well as removing...
  67. T

Idle Fault??

Well I have finally managed to get it running sweet as a nut, all running issues now gone and I can enjoy the civic again :). Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  68. T

Idle Fault??

Also checked for a vacuum leak and again all good. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  69. T

Idle Fault??

Yeah I had it all to pieces again last night checked all pins and connectors, they are all good. I had it to a point where I could spin it freely with my fingers with no effort at all. Only thing I have noticed is when I put the magnetic end cap back on it seems like the spindle then goes a bit...
  70. T

Idle Fault??

OK I probably didn't explain it great it's not the TPS sensor that I removed it's the idle control valve end cap with the magnetic bit inside. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  71. T

Idle Fault??

So tried the idle learn procedure to no luck still the same. I was wondering if it's something I have done, when I cleaned the valve out I did remove the motor I.e the part with the tamper proof screws in, does this need to be positioned in a certain place as it is possible to adjust it ever so...
  72. T

Idle Fault??

Will do pal, I'll try it today. Only reason I ask is because mine has a load of coolant residue build up around it as if it hasn't been sealing properly for a long time is on the list of other things to do. Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  73. T

Idle Fault??

OK thanks for the replies will try both suggested things and see if they can sort out the problem. Just a quick one is the idle air assist valve the thing that bolts to the side of the block Phil?? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
  74. T

Idle Fault??

Hello, just wondering if anyone could help me. I have recently bought a 2003 civic type r and over the xmas period it had been sat a month whilst I sorted out work that needed doing to it, since getting it back on the road I have noticed that the idle sits extremely high at about 3k on cold...
  75. T

Calipers All Round :)!!

I got mine from my local part suppliers called allwoods. £53 each plus vat if I remember exactly.
  76. T

Mugen Shockers

Ah right OK, I didn't know if they were or not?? Ah these are just shocks that I was going to pair up with lowering springs would that not be ideal??
  77. T

Mugen Shockers

Hello all, I have been offered a set of mugen shockers for the ep3 for £50 but the guy doesn't know if they are any good, there is no visible leaks or anything but just on the basis has offered them as a possible refurb. Does anyone know what a refurb job would cost if needed. Thanks.
  78. T

'Plastic' Rattle/Vibration

No heat Shields on the car and from the kinda of noise it is I wouldn't suspect it to be a disc cover but will check. Removed rear seats, parcel shelf and spare wheel wood cover and it's still there. It sounds like the bumper is loose and rattling about its not metallic it's like a plastic...
  79. T

Yeah I have removed everything from boot still there. I had all four drop links and 'D' rubbers replaced a few months ago and they are fine. I have noticed as I'm still searching for this noise that when I hit the rear seats especially drivers side from behind that it vibrates and rattles like...
  80. T

Ep3 Camber Bolt Question

Hello yes, thanks I think it maybe something to do with that as both tabs are in different locations on each side. Didn't think they had anything to do with setting up but I now know they do. Thanks for the reply
  81. T

Ep3 Camber Bolt Question

hello, just a quick question as I don't know if I'm doing something wrong here or not. Trying to set the camber on the car to -1 all round rear isn't a problem that's all done, o/s/f is fine as well but the n/s isn't playing ball it will only go between -3 to -3.5 so I really don't know what's...
  82. T

Took everything out of the boot and the noise is still there, had a look for play on everything underneath and nothing its all solid?? looks like it maybe one of those things I will live
  83. T

Hello, for the past few weeks I have had this annoying non-metal rattle/vibration from the rear end everytime I go over a pothole or small speed bump. It doesn't matter if I go over slow or relatively fast it's always the same tone I.e it doesn't get louder if I'm going over a pothole fast or...
  84. T

Dont want to be slammed anymore!!

Yeah it's mainly the fact that I can't go up on to pavements front ways because my bumper is in the middle of the curb so I have to mess about reverse parking everywhere and when I go over speed bumps it grinds the whole sides of the sills and exhaust it just ruins that. So it needs raising a...
  85. T

Dont want to be slammed anymore!!

I have been meaning to do this for ages and now I have a camber alignment tool I can now do it, my ep3 had a set of coilovers fitted when I bought it and I'm sure they are at the lowest setting as my 2.5" b-pipe catches on everything and my god it's annoying. So I like the 30-35mm drop some good...
  86. T

Is this normal??

Hello all, just been out and about tonight and one of my mates was in his car behind me and I was in vtec and he said that they could all smell a burning which they thought must of been coming from mine? I told them that when your in vtec it does use a bit of oil and that it's normal - hope that...
  87. T

Calipers All Round :)!!

So I bought my civic just before December and noticed when buying it that the brakes + handbrake was naff so I had been saving up to buy some drilled and grooved discs, new pads and some braided lines all round. Wished that I had checked the brakes before hand because I went to fit the discs...
  88. T

Sports Cat Amd Manifold Worth It??

My question is, are they a worthy mod?? Been thinking about it now for a couple of weeks and just thought I would get a bit of info and see if anyone has it done already?? Thanks
  89. T

Best Sounding B-Pipe With Stock Rear

I so didn't word any of it right I basically did mean are any of the brands different or are you just paying for the name which I'm guessing is the case.
  90. T

Best Sounding B-Pipe With Stock Rear

Hello, I'm after a change with my exhaust after having the m2 hornet on for the past few months. Don't get me wrong I like the sound the hornet gives but now I'm doing a bit more motorway driving the drone is just not for me anymore. So I am looking at the option of a 2.5" B-pipe with stock rear...
  91. T

Ride height setting.

As title suggests, is there a good ride height setting to have for coilovers?? I bought my civic with coilovers already on and had 5 minutes today to check the ride height and the numbers are all over the place which may explain the vague steering. I like it to be low but practical. Was thinking...
  92. T

Adjustable Rear Camber Arm Snapped Whilst Driving :(

Yeah, I'm not trying to worry anyone or say D2 products are bad. I'm guessing as said based on what was on the car when I bought it, seemed like it had been modded on a budget. Mine are probably easily a Chinese knock off version.
  93. T

Just put of curiosity, whats the so called best brand of rear arms to buy I have been hearing a lot about hardrace arms??
  94. T

I'm thinking these were the cheap nasty Chinese kind as everything about them was poor, from the finish to the way the were made just screams poor. And they actually didn't fit as when I had removed them I noticed they had been knocking against the body which since putting standard ones back on...
  95. T

Just clean muck off them and gentlemen they are D2 racing.
  96. T

I honestly don't know, they are purple in colour... Will clean all the crud of them and see if they have a make. Gauging by all the cheapo eBay stuff that was on the car when I bought it I'm guessing eBay specials because they actually look like they have been welded with bubble gum.
  97. T

Well this wasn't planned, I already have a long list of this to do/sort on the civic but may as well add something else to it. Looks like I will need some new adjustable rear camber arms seeing as one of mine decided to snap on my way back home, felt the back end twitch a little and then CLONK...
  98. T

Braided Brake Lines & Fluid??

Thanks for the replies people... Looks like I will be doing some searching tonight.
  99. T

Braided Brake Lines & Fluid??

Hi all, new month and time to purchase some more upgrade parts from my ever growing list. This time it's braided brake lines and dot 5.1 fluid change. Just after some advice on the best brand for these products?? Been looking at some HEL lines and brembo fluid??
  100. T

Colour Scheme For The CTR

Fair enough jimbo saves me a few quid as some of the but stuff can be a bit pricey lol.
Back