• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Composite Guru

S2000 & NSX 2006 56 plate S2000 GT £15.995.00

Looks like a nice car. £550 a year road tax though. I remember when I bought my 56 plate one new and the road tax was £175. A year later they backdated the CO2 emissions on loads of cars and I was then paying £475. Total joke. I still don't understand how that is legal to do that.
  2. Composite Guru

FK8 Autoart 1/18 FK8.

Just seen this come up on my Facebook feed. Coming soon. Nice models.
  3. Composite Guru

FK8 Honda closing Swindon plant

That's not good news. At least its not closing next month, give people chance to relocate etc. From what I've read they are taking production back to Japan. Not sure how that blames Brexit. You would think they would move it to somewhere else in the EU if that was the case. Not good but this...
  4. Composite Guru

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Looking good Chris.
  5. Composite Guru

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I’d love to Matt but I need to make the aero kit on the Lotus first. [emoji23]
  6. Composite Guru

You really think they would make the parts for the weight reduction? It wouldn’t last 5 mins. Cosmetic is the word here. [emoji3]
  7. Composite Guru

And Lotus. Mine hasn't been on a lowloader yet!! :lol:
  8. Composite Guru

I can’t see the FK on that list in the time you said? Is that an official logged time on the Ring?
  9. Composite Guru

Lap times don’t really bother me. I wanted a rear wheel drive car with awesome handling and raw driving style. The Lotus has all of that. If I wanted refinement I would have bought a Cayman. [emoji3]
  10. Composite Guru

That's because Racecar!! :D You feel more in tune with the car when you have to go home and fix it. :lol: I know that fixing a Lotus is far easier than fixing a road car also. They are so basic its untrue.
  11. Composite Guru

That's what I thought. This vid doesn't show how good the Exige really is in the right hands.
  12. Composite Guru

Interior Plastic trim marks

I've used the Car Plan Black Bumper Trim wax before. Covers all scratches up. I drive a lease car and use it before returning the car. It looks mint after.
  13. Composite Guru

That's what I thought.
  14. Composite Guru

Shamelessly stolen from PH. Not sure what they are trying to promote here though. :lol: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UTt-05QK4
  15. Composite Guru

FK8 Frankfurt Motor Show Tourer

Not a good look.
  16. Composite Guru

They used to sell that at BP Kingston in Milton Keynes. I always remember a mate of mine trying a tank in his MR2 Turbo and it made a hell of a difference. Just a bit pricey to used everyday.
  17. Composite Guru

Uh oh, production issues already!! :D
  18. Composite Guru

Screw the aero, it's a road car not an F1 car. Looks are everything. [emoji3]
  19. Composite Guru

Try these guys, they are pretty competitive. https://www.tyres-pneus-online.co.uk/
  20. Composite Guru

Surprising how little details like that can put perspective buyers off so its a false economy.
  21. Composite Guru

I can't imagine it would look any worse. It just doesn't look finished off.
  22. Composite Guru

Something I noticed on the Battleship grey version. What's going on with the rear arch? It looks like they designed it forgetting about the rear door and then sliced it off so they can open it. Surely they should of put a bit on the door to finish the curve of the wheelarch off. Big design...
  23. Composite Guru

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Nice car Chris. I had considered getting an FD before the Lotus as I did want something 4 seater. Would have been nice to get hold of the RR version that BHP had imported. Didn't have the cash ready at that point though. I still think the FD is one of the best Type R's made so far. :cool:
  24. Composite Guru

New 2017 Honda Civic Type R is taking shape

I'd rather that than a cap and burberry!! For that sort of money I'd be driving around in something 2 seater and RWD. :)
  25. Composite Guru

Graciously stolen from PH. :) So very true.
  26. Composite Guru

That's awful. Just as bad as the last effort. :)
  27. Composite Guru

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Why does the new Civic have those stupid plastic bits stuck to the bodywork just in front of the rear lights? Aero fail? Something else? Looks a bit of a bodge. [emoji3]
  28. Composite Guru

FK2 Fuel for FK2

You will also find you will get a few more miles out of the tank too. More octane = less work for the engine in normal driving. If you do the maths the higher octane is the cheapest mile for mile.
  29. Composite Guru

Type R #9 CW FD2

I feel old with you buying all this stuff for your car Stu. Seems ages ago since I last bought tuning stuff for a car. All I do now is stick diesel in a lease car and do family stuff. :D
  30. Composite Guru

2017 Civic Type R

I don't understand why they have released a CTR for this year and planning another for 2017?
  31. Composite Guru

Jermal's DC5... Now Dat C250 AMG

Nice motor Tony. This will be my car of choice if we get a merc lease deal through work. :cool:
  32. Composite Guru

Me too. [emoji3]
  33. Composite Guru

Type R #9 CW FD2

Nice motor Stu. I do still want one of these. FK2 can FOAD. :lol:
  34. Composite Guru

http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/07/30/civic-type-r-boasts-bellend-o-meter/#.VdNPdNJFBaR
  35. Composite Guru

Its amazing to think that my first EP3 cost me £16k. Its more than 50% increase in 12 years. Ok so you get a load of extra b0llOks on the new one you didn't get with the EP but its was a great car as it was. If i was spending £33k on something it would have to be RWD and with 2 seats...
  36. Composite Guru

New Civic Type R It was red and saw it in Hampton Tesco. It was a middle age bloke driving it with kids in the back I think. Midlife crisis I reckon!! Lol. My girlfriend said that looks like a chavs car but she has no idea about cars so didn't realise that that bloke had just paid nearly...
  37. Composite Guru

I had a first sight of one in Peterborough this weekend and thought it looked like it had been crashed into the local Halfrauds. Looks really over the top and tacky and the 4 exhausts? Why does a 2.0 turbo require a back box like a GTR? My POS Juke looks better. :lol: Seems like UK Type R's...
  38. Composite Guru

S2KIP's S2000

It was the colour they used in the 06 brochure. Bermuda blue, I had weighed it up myself but the wait time was too long.
  39. Composite Guru

S2KIP's S2000

Second pic reminds me of a pic I took. Such great looking cars.
  40. Composite Guru

S2KIP's S2000

Looks great Chris, loved mine to bits. Enjoy the ridiculous £480 ved. :0)
  41. Composite Guru

Honda S660 Concept revealed

Looks good. Just hope they don't go down the route of Type R refinements and stick refrigerated gloveboxes, lit wheel wells and all the other unneccesary rubbish in it. This car needs to be a plain and simple pocket rocket just like the VTEC CRX was. :cool:
  42. Composite Guru

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Yes, this is the non gash way of adjusting the camber. Stick with that matey!! ;)
  43. Composite Guru

Faulty Eibach bolts?

I never used them on mine as i couldn't trust them for that reason. Why spend £100 having your geo set up and then hit the slightest bump and have it all knocked out. I just lived with the camber as it was. Being engineering oriented i've never seen something so gash being used on a part of a...
  44. Composite Guru

do i really need camber arms

Unless your rear tyres are scrubbing unevenly due to the poor factory set up then i wouldn't bother on any camber adjustment.
  45. Composite Guru

HELP! Where can i buy Cosmic Grey Paint (3-4 litres) online???

The Red Bull F1 Team use these. Quite a big company and i'm sure they are used to shipping paint to strange places. LOL http://www.mkpe.co.uk/
  46. Composite Guru

I'm not sure mate now. Maybe its stuff coming into the country that is regulated. Being a modeller i know that getting hold of certain paints and stuff are not allowed from Japan for this reason.
  47. Composite Guru

If you can then it will only be sh*tty cellulose paint in a rattle can. That won't be much use to you.
  48. Composite Guru

LOL, i didn't see that. I reckon he's screwed then if there is no paint supplier there.
  49. Composite Guru

Because paint tends to be a health and safety risk i'm aware that you can only buy it direct over the counter from an automotive paint supplier.
  50. Composite Guru

Loxy's Plasma Blue WRX STi Saloon

I like it. Nice. :)
  51. Composite Guru

Honda NSX order books now open

Now i'm single again i'm selling the house and moving into one of these!! My lad can have the boot space. :lol:
  52. Composite Guru

How to get a thick sheet of ice of the roof of my car?

Pouring water on it will probably resort in more ice build up. I would say go for a drive and get the inside of the car really warm. It should create a layer of water between the car and ice then remove it that way in chunks.
  53. Composite Guru

Best decal ever!

Ghey!!
  54. Composite Guru

Petrol prices in your area

I don't miss filling up my S2000. Rather spend my money on other stuff rather than petrol. Just glad I had fun years ago in cars as it was peanuts to run a car back then. The government and oil companies know people can't do without cars so they will carry on @rse raping you until oil has gone.
  55. Composite Guru

Somehow i think the sh1te silver one will be the one we get. :rolleyes: The red one looks far to sporty!! :lol:
  56. Composite Guru

This looks awful. The auto express version looks a whole lot better. Lets just hope they don't screw this one up.
  57. Composite Guru

replacement filter advice

The OEM S2000 one was virtually the same cost as the K&N version. I'm sure the CTR would be similar in price too.
  58. Composite Guru

replacement filter advice

Go for a K&N replacement element. It will cost half as much as Spoon parts are expensive for what they are. ABP sell them and are around the £50 mark. Almost the same price as the disposable Honda part. As Hippy said, the Hondata mod i worth doing. Might be worth sourcing another airbox to...
  59. Composite Guru

£1500 !!!!!!!!!!!!!

W@nker dealer. That sort of attitude really p1sses me off. Hope you asked why they couldn't do that price before and told them to shove it and will tell everyone you know they are con merchants. I would take it to Tom if it was 200 miles away tbh.
  60. Composite Guru

What tape for wind deflectors?

It's a bit pricy but worth every penny. We use it on F1 cars so it's got to be good. :) Just make sure both bonding surfaces are fully degreased with brake cleaner or something similar. Try a small amount of cleaner on the parts and the car first just in case you get a reaction...
  61. Composite Guru

What tape for wind deflectors?

You want 3M VHB tape. It's the best!! I'll try and find a link.
  62. Composite Guru

What Petrol??

This is why the amercans use so much fuel (also because they drive gas guzzlers). Their V Power is about 85 octane or something close. Tards!!
  63. Composite Guru

What Petrol??

Running a car on unleaded is false economy from what i've found. If you run super in any new car (within the last 8/10 years) the engine will notice the change in octane and adjust to it. I put Tesco 99 in my Ecosh1t box Verso S and it does 40 miles more than standard unleaded. I find that...
  64. Composite Guru

Rounded screw removal....

Best way would be to carefully drill the head off with a drill a similar diameter drill as the threaded part of the screw you can take out. Hopefully this will leave a stub sticking out once you have removed the numberplate. Use a set of mole grips to lock on to it and rotate out.
  65. Composite Guru

FN2 Orange rust-y looking stuff - worry?

I'm not really up with the mechanics of the FN2 but it looks like part of the coolant system. There are ferrous components in the system that rust over time but the Honda coolant should have a rust inhibitor in it. Looks like there has been a leak and its sealed itself again. My advise is check...
  66. Composite Guru

what would you pick?

The noise far outweighed the looks. I was never into big bore looking exhausts anyway. :) I loved the noise on start up. :cool:
  67. Composite Guru

what would you pick?

None of the above if I was paying. I'd pay a bit more for a quality tuned exhaust not chav tube. I'd buy Spoon again if i was in the market but that's not a cheap exhaust against those choices.
  68. Composite Guru

New 2012 Honda Civic spy photos/chat

Hey, I quite like my Eco box!! ;) I have given up on cars though. :)
  69. Composite Guru

carbon or no carbon ?

Carbon is rubbish, go for painted!! :cool:
  70. Composite Guru

Next-gen Civic Type R – Auto Express mag request

Well they need to bring back the VTi versions again then and leave the Type R limited editions. Bit like the original and best DC2!
  71. Composite Guru

I agree, we were sold out by Honda UK.
  72. Composite Guru

Engine & Gearbox,LSD, Steering Wheel, Rigid Bodyshell with Double Wishbone Suspension, Lightweight Wheels, Brembos & Recaros. All the other junk they stuck on the FN2, throw it in the bin. :cool:
  73. Composite Guru

seating rear springs

You should be able to jack the car and rotate the spring by hand. I had to do this on mine. You should ideally have a finger width between the stop and the spring to stop any noise occuring.
  74. Composite Guru

B pipe knocking

Also something to take in to concideration is fitting. The B Pipe is able to rotate slightly when being fitted as the bolt holes are not perfect to the bolt diameter and this can cause banging too. It needs to be fitted with all bolts loosened off and the rubber mounts installed, then ensure...
  75. Composite Guru

FN2 Agreeing a deal on my first type R.. CW FN2!

Yes, they scratch the f*ck out of the paint work and it loses it shine that way. Wash mitts are the way forward!!
  76. Composite Guru

FN2 Thinking of buying my first type-R but something's bugging me

Cigarette burns and servicing not being adhered to = avoid. Believe me, you will find better cars than that. Don't waste your money, it's a buyers Market out there at the mo.
  77. Composite Guru

So you would consistently scratch your car knowing you were doing it? I know I would be f*cked off if I did it once and make sure I didn't do it again. By the way the OP explained it wasn't just a one off!! That says to me the last owner didn't give a t*ss they were doing it. BTW that was my...
  78. Composite Guru

IMO if the car has that sort of damage then the owner didn't really give a toss. Can't imagine what the engine would have been treated like. I would avoid it like the plague. There are loads out there so don't let yourself think that that is the only one.
  79. Composite Guru

something Rusty?

If it spans the whole engine bay from side to side on the bulkhead then i think its one of the chassis stiffeners.
  80. Composite Guru

FD2 Nobody wants my car!

I would say start at 15k but it is not easy selling performance cars at the mo. Glad i got shot of my S when i did. God know how much it would be worth now. Performance cars = worthless at current fuel prices.
  81. Composite Guru

FN2 Best fuel?

I run my Eco wagon on Tesco 99 mainly because i get another 40 odd miles to a tank even though most put 95 in these sorts of cars. All modern cars adjust to the fuel you put in so putting in higher octane fuels will only be better for your MPG and performance. Most tight a*ses see the price...
  82. Composite Guru

Petrol prices in your area

130.9 for unleaded and 135.9 for super at Kingston tesco Milton keynes.
  83. Composite Guru

Someone's flicked paint over the rear end of my car

Just don't use T Cut. I favour clay bar as it will only remove what shouldn't be there and not the top coat on the car.
  84. Composite Guru

Best way to clean Recaros

Use one of these to bring the pile back up.
  85. Composite Guru

mugen number 5 of 20 my dads car

I agree.
  86. Composite Guru

Carbon Fibre Advice

Stone chips are the obvious damage and it only takes a chip to get a little moisture under it and it will delaminate the gelcoat. Gelcoat is not a very strong material.
  87. Composite Guru

Carbon Fibre Advice

Can you get pics please? I'll tell you if it's repairable or not. :0)
  88. Composite Guru

Half Price Mobil 1

Not all year round though.
  89. Composite Guru

Half Price Mobil 1

Go to Costco and it's £25 for 5 litres all the time
  90. Composite Guru

Norton Way (Letchworth) vs Stratstone (Bedford) 75k Service difference

The Bedford boys are great, both Rick and Steve are top blokes. They are very knowledgable about performance Honda's so recommend them highly. I've been using them for years.
  91. Composite Guru

carbon Laqure cracked

The coating is gelcote, it's a resin they put on the mould before they lay the plies on. It is able to be re laquered but if it's right down to the weave then the chances of someone grinding it back and not grinding the weave is pretty slim. Worst case is you try it and see as it won't ever look...
  92. Composite Guru

Question about oil..Motul/Shell

I use motul 300v in my S2K and it is a completely different oil to Helix. Motul is an ester based oil hence why the price is so different. IMO if you drive the car hard and track it then go for the motul as it will hold up to the temps far better. Fuchs Titan Pro S or R is another ester based...
  93. Composite Guru

TypeGRRR's CR-X siR - Update: 22/04/15 POWER

These cars are awesome mate, and you have found an absolute minter. I had one back in 1997 and loved every minute in it. Sometimes i wished i had never sold it and it was a really genuine car with no crash damage.
  94. Composite Guru

Venture Tape

Hi mate, Its still doing whats its supposed to be doing. Not one stonechip on the bumper so it will be like new underneath. I'm still at RB but they stopped using the stuff 2 years ago.
  95. Composite Guru

Drilling Carbon Fibre

Hi mate, you need to use a tungsten carbide tipped drill to achieve a nice hole in carbon. Also use a block of wood on the underside so the carbon doesn't split on the other side.
  96. Composite Guru

S2000 & NSX Paint colour s2000

Do what i do and lock it up over the winter from 1st Oct to 1st Apr, it only costs you £220 and stop your car rotting away so fast. :lol: I'm well p*ssed at the government for putting up the tax like that, i had already bought my car and paid £270 for the first year then bang, they stick it up...
Back