• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. RY4N

Ry4n's charge-cooled JRSC'd EP3 (new project)

It's a genuine Spoon product. Bought it new from Spoon Europe (Taikyu) The rear section of the hardtop separates from the main part. Quick release from inside the car. Lift that off and pop the boot as normal Spoiler is attached to the boot so it lifts with it. It is a pain in backside tbh. I...
  2. RY4N

Thanks lads. Putting them both away for the winter now so I'll be updating with the past few years worth of work on those cold winter nights Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  3. RY4N

Thanks mate. It's at Loch Lomond [emoji106] Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  4. RY4N

I'm so glad this forum is still going!

I haven't been on here In 4 years!! I know, it's disgraceful. I am so glad to see it still going. Facebook is just full of idiots, hopefully the same caliber of type-r owners I am familiar with are still about! Glad to be back Ryan Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
  5. RY4N

Well.......it's been a long time lol. Didn't move away from my Civic. Things have most certainly progressed. Car now sits at 650bhp and I have an amazing s2k as my daily. I will update this in much more detail as soon as I can. Here is a pic of the cars as they stand Sent from my SM-G965F...
  6. RY4N

Yeah this will be main car Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  7. RY4N

New toy until my turbo build is finished [emoji16] Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  8. RY4N

Well times are changing. The supercharger and cooler are now sold. Yip, I will be sad to see them go. Had the charger for coming up in 5 years now so time for a change. Been spending a lot of money on the charger over the years for minimal gains. So.........I've not messed about this time...
  9. RY4N

I know, need to carry an emergency kit at all times! Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  10. RY4N

Not so good [emoji24] Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
  11. RY4N

Steering arm angle

Cheers guys!
  12. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Good results thanks for sharing
  13. RY4N

I know I felt like crying when I came off [emoji24] the side skirt and the rear quarter needs resprayed now! But at least I never hit the barrier lol
  14. RY4N

Was on Knockhill MU night last week. Was a great night as always however the car just wasn't running correctly. Had major issues with the gearbox which wasn't allowing me to select any gears on the downshift. Think the syncros might be gone. Also the car felt quite sluggish, I think the heat...
  15. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Thank you. I always run distilled bottled water. Didn't think about limescale I just thought it would be cleaner as not running in line filter.
  16. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Hi Jura I am running a 50/50 mix water/meth. I have the nozzle located 8 inches from Tb. This is on a JRSC EP3. I already have a charge cooler located inside the inlet manifold so I'm guessing the cooling could not really be optimized any further with the meth?
  17. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Jura Can I ask what you have your progressive controller set to? I start at 6 psi and reach maximum at 10 psi.
  18. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Yip.
  19. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

You can stick a 3.2 on with no cooling.
  20. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

I have a live switch on my dash to switch the meth on
  21. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

I'm running 12 psi on my jackson. Pulled 361bhp. Gains were 10% torque mid range with 10 bhp up top. So not significant but a much healthier safer temp. Especially with the heat generated. I would have seen a massive difference if the methanol was all I was using to cool the temps but I have a...
  22. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Also you can adjust the progressive spray depending on boost. I'm starting 3psi to 10 psi. Reaching 100% at 10 psi obviously
  23. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

Usage isn't a lot as I switch maps on the fly via Nitrous setting on kpro. So I don't use it constantly. The system has various error detection settings - low fluid, open circuit on wiring You can purchase AEM failsafe software and sensor which I will be doing shortly. I'm in Glasgow and can get...
  24. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

25. RY4N

Aem water/methanol

I'm running the AEM kit. Great piece of gear, Progressive controller up on dash.
  26. RY4N

Adrian Flux Insurance

Well I'm a happy customer. Thanks Dan for your help and better quotation
  27. RY4N

Adrian Flux Insurance

The thing is you guys would be able to match or beat the price. I was unable to get proof of the new quote from Sky sent to me, and so I couldn't send you the proof.
  28. RY4N

Adrian Flux Insurance

Had to leave you guys this morning after 7 years of business. Your price was just too high. Ended up with Sky Insurance
  29. RY4N

Dissapointed with A/F quote

+1 buddy I have been with flux for about 7 years running. My renewal was £720. Up from £450 last year. 7yrs ncb, 28yo. Best they could do was 550. Ended up calling them to advise ill be leaving them to go with Sky Insurance
  30. RY4N

My mates red charged civic is no more! I bought it and stripped it for a few parts ad sold the rest. That's good to hear, I'll be under pressure next time then lol
  31. RY4N

Yip booked on for the main event in July. However now it's ready I'm itching to get on track so I might be on the April MU night too! How's the new seat? Lol
  32. RY4N

Well its insurance renewal time [emoji24] Going through a few things and trying to determine a fair market value. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I have a figure in mind but want to know if I'm being unrealistic......
  33. RY4N

Arrived at 9.30am [emoji3]
  34. RY4N

Steering arm angle

Need a bit of help. Can anyone tell what the angle of the steering arms are on a stock civic? Flat, angled up, angled down? Thanks
  35. RY4N

Well.....I get my Nitron coilovers back tomorrow after being sent away to Nitron for a full rebuild and service. Can't wait to get them back on so I can get the car mapped after the recent work that's been done!
  36. RY4N

Thanks mate
  37. RY4N

Took a pic of the center console tonight after installing water meth. JDM blanking plate was used to replace the stereo. I've got the Dynojet Wideband display up too. The blue usb you see is the Kpro data cable. Much handier having it there. [emoji3]
  38. RY4N

Roll cage question

Thanks for the replies
  39. RY4N

Roll cage question

I had someone try mig already but for some reason he said he couldn't get enough heat in the plates but too much heat to the floor causing it to burn through the floor? Is he just a crap welder do you think?
  40. RY4N

Roll cage question

I have a saftey devices bolt in cage. However the foot plates need welded in. They are made from 3mm mild steel. Any welders on here or anyone had these welded in their cars? Is it best to mig or tig? Thanks
  41. RY4N

Thanks mate
  42. RY4N

It was originally running the EP3 setup. However to use a charge cooler I had to swap the inlet manifold for the DC5 JRmanifold. So really, it's a DC5 Jrsc. But I guess I called it a conversion as I had to change.
  43. RY4N

Advice needed! technically stolen?

Well that's good to know about Greenlight. Was going to call them on my renewal
  44. RY4N

This is the up to date spec list: Engine: JRSC (DC5 Conversion) 3" pulley K24 Crank Pulley Merc Racing Stg2 Charge Cooler Remote Fill Front Mount Cooler Skunk2 Stage3 Camshafts Skunk2 70mm Throttle Body Port Matched Injen 3" Cold Air Intake Hondata 4bar Map Sensor Hondata Gasket Hondata Kpro...
  45. RY4N

Haha thanks mate! I'll try keep it up to date.
  46. RY4N

Well that's the Nitrons away for a full rebuild. Should drive like new when I get them back. Hopefully when I get them back in a few weeks I'll get my geo done and then it's dyno time! Last time I had a proper go in the car was September. God I'm buzzing for the better weather to come back!
  47. RY4N

Advice needed! technically stolen?

Glad this has all worked out for you mate. Who were the insurers?
  48. RY4N

Lol I thought that. Yeah they are good fun!
  49. RY4N

induction kit advice.....

I've got an AEM cold air intake that sits behind the bumper for sale. You can go through small puddles etc no bother, what you dont want to be doing is go through deep water is all. I've ran one for 4 years now. No issues
  50. RY4N

Yeah I totally agree with that! Like I said think I'll just need to swap it about lol. Although bonnet pins??!!?[emoji30] would need them on the purple bonnet too.
  51. RY4N

Bonnet pins aren't installed yet either. Hope it does close the gap now that you've pointed that out lol
  52. RY4N

The bonnet isn't fitted properly yet. It's not even bolted on. Just sat it on to see what it looked like and took a few pics.
  53. RY4N

Cheers mate
  54. RY4N

Really? I've kinda grown to like it now. But I do like the purple too! Screw it ill swap them about every so often lol
  55. RY4N

Keep the purple bonnet or go with this CF Seibon?
  56. RY4N

It's a stripped track car so no interior parts. It's got everything else from perspex windows to nitrous. Keep an eye out
  57. RY4N

Yeah mate I do it all myself!
  58. RY4N

Oh and Nos
  59. RY4N

Well that's my new bits ordered: Skunk2 Stage3 Camshafts AEM water/methanol injection K24 Crank Pulley 3" charger pulley ID1000 injectors Walbro 255 fuel pump Also bought another JRSC'd civic and stripping it for some parts including forged engine and cage. So after this I should be well...
  60. RY4N

Yeah that's my mate Lee in the red civic!
  61. RY4N

Cheers mate. Were you driving or show?
  62. RY4N

Plans are: Water Meth injection Bigger injectors Fuel pump 3" charger pulley K24 crank pulley Springs and retainers ARP head studs Camshafts Red line at 9100 rpm
  63. RY4N

Some recent pics. This winter I'm looking to have her over 400bhp This is her waiting to get on the Nurburgring [emoji3]
  64. RY4N

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

Just reading through your thread. I drive the A82 seven days a week! It's a great road on a good day, dangerous on a poor day! I'll look out for you passing lol
  65. RY4N

Ah right lol. A place called Campsie Coachworks in Lennoxtown done my car.
  66. RY4N

Lol sorry mate. I'm in Glasgow so I doubt they are close to you! Lol
  67. RY4N

The throw has been increased but I'm willing to put up with it as the position is perfect. With the seat being low I had to bring the wheel closer. However the gearstick was to much of a stretch. Quality wise it's good. £45 which isn't bad. Not sure of its name it's on tegiwa site.
  68. RY4N

My local coachworks painted it for me!
  69. RY4N

Thanks! It's an extention to bring the gearstick closer to me.
  70. RY4N

Been a while. A few pics of the car as it is now. Went to the Nurburgring and it performed amazing!!
  71. RY4N

The use of wheel spacers

Interested in some pictures of these too!! Anyone?
  72. RY4N

Severe pulling when under power! MeisterR

I was thinking it may be the diff but I can't imagine it would be!! Tyres are rubbish, cheap at best. Not my choice, they were on the shell that I picked up so I'm leaving them on till I sort the geo etc. I've got R888 to go on all round for summer. Not sure what to go for the winter but I don't...
  73. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Yip. Sounds like it's normal then lol. Thanks bud
  74. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Thanks Tom. Were you running the Quaife LSD? what were your suspension mods? Thanks a lot, I really really really appreciate it lol
  75. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Probably but so would a de-cat. What about bad engine mounts would they cause anything?
  76. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Had full geometry done 4 times with various different changes.
  77. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

You were running the MeisterR too weren't you Tom? did you suffer any pulling from left to right? What colour were your springs out of curiosity? apparently the black springs are the old type with the new ones being red! I can't get my car to drive in a straight line under power!
  78. RY4N

Removing crash bar.

Does anyone know for sure if removing the front crash bar will have an adverse affect on the rigidity/handling of the car. Will this cause the chassis to flex/move? I have it removed at the moment to allow room for a front intercooler. However I'm experiencing pulling left to right under power...
  79. RY4N

Not updated this in a while. Been pretty busy with work etc. Just a quick update. Car still not running properly. Engine wise, it's spot on. However the alignment/suspension just isn't right. And pulling from left to right. anyway, body wise its pretty much complete. Only the facelift headlights...
  80. RY4N

Started another thread forgetting I had this previously. I'm having an absolute nightmare this. Car is still pulling to the left and then to the right. I've swapped the subframe, wishbones along with polybushes, extended ball joints, steering rack raiser, refurbished the driveshafts! Still no...
  81. RY4N

Pulling left to right under power. Hi guys, I've being having an absolute nightmare of a time trying to solve this. my car is pulling to the left under power. Then to the right and so on and so forth. I'm running 350bhp 221lbft with Quaife lsd. Installed are MeisterR coilovers, bc extended...
  82. RY4N

ABS sensors, different for different models? EP3.

Fair point with it being safety related. Granted yes a lot of us do look under the car, but you would never notice the wires I wouldn't think! With the thread being a year old i assume you have replaced it by now anyway lol.
  83. RY4N

Just because you do it yourself, doesn't mean it's a bodge job! If you do it correctly you would never know! Plus, if you were buying a car, would you get a torch out, jack up the car, and look at the abs wire?.....no you wouldn't! Obviously if you are not confident in doing this simple job...
  84. RY4N

Old thread but why would you not just snip the plugs and solder the new one back on? Easy solution!
  85. RY4N

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

2002 with 57K :-)
  86. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

John thanks. Much clearer lol. The supplied spacers/washers were fitted. I'll see what they say about fitting the washers. Either that, or I'm sticking with the good old oem as said by the guru. After all I have adjustable top mounts on my coilovers, so they aren't actually needed. The reason...
  87. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Thank you bud!
  88. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Sorry John i don't quite understand what you mean :-/ Could you possibly describe that again, I'm a bit confused!!
  89. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

No, they fitted the bolts when it was in for a geometry set up. They then came loose causing the steering to be all over the place. I took the wheels off to check it out and found they were loose!! :-o So when I called to kick up sh** they told me about a known fault that has only come to light...
  90. RY4N

Faulty Eibach bolts?

Has anyone heard of faulty Eibach camber bolts? Have there been any recalls? I've been told by a garage that they sometimes work themselves loose! Thanks
  91. RY4N

Paint Code For Ep3 alloys?

How did they turn out? Did you go for that code in the end?
  92. RY4N

Eibach pro spacers ??

How did you get on with these Tom? I'm looking to get them on all four wheels. Want the wheels to sit flush with arch. How did your wheels sit after fitting these? I have the standard wheels Cheers
  93. RY4N

Suspension for beginners

I think so....time will tell i guess. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  94. RY4N

What are the tell tale signs

Lol my mate works in there. Greg milne. Just put two and two together with your profile pic and location. Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  95. RY4N

Will do mate Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  96. RY4N

Suspension for beginners

Yeah ill do that. I'm worrying that there's a problem/defect with the MeisterR coilovers. Been reading horror stories about them causing severe pulling side to side. I was experiencing the exact same problems on my last car before I crashed! I think these problems were mainly found on the dc5...
  97. RY4N

Suspension for beginners

Ah the arch gaps are the same all round. I think I'm going to hand the car to the experts and say.....fix it! Lol Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  98. RY4N

Jamie you don't by any chance work at Prestwick airport? Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  99. RY4N

Should of swapped it when the engine was out!! Don't know why I never!! I'm outside Glasgow Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Back