• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ash_EP3

FK2 Thinking about selling up

Hi all, Well I've only owned the FK2 just over 19 months and I'm thinking about selling up - drove a couple of M140i's recently and as a daily car they are deffo a step up compared to the FK2 (and maybe even the FK8 ). Do I try and sell the car with mods on or strip and sell? I've got the...
  2. Ash_EP3

Type R Rivals

Hi all, Just thought I'd gauge some interest, in what people think about the Type R's rivals (focusing more on FK2/FK8 ) - has anyone moved on from a type R to the likes of a Golf GTI/R, Focus ST/RS, Megane RS, AMG, etc? Or perhaps the other way around? I know all cars have their good/bad...
  3. Ash_EP3

Ash's Polished Metal FK2 (5th Honda, 4th Type R)

Hi All, Thought I'd better start one of these really - had the car over a year :lol: Picked the FK2 up back in June 2016 - was proper chuffed (if you can't tell from my cheesy grin :D ) it's an ex-demo from Blade Honda in Chippenham, had 277 miles on the clock (some of those were mine from...
  4. Ash_EP3

FK2 Goodies for the FK2

Hi all, So I've taken the plunge and ordered some goodies for the FK2 :) - please see list below: - Remus Responder - Milltek Decat - Injen intake - Forge intercooler (cancelled - Airtec Intercooler w/big boost pipes instead) - Forge boost hoses (cancelled) - DS2500 pads (Front) - Motul brake...
  5. Ash_EP3

FK2 TDI Tuning box

Hi all, Just curious to know if anyone has fitted one of these yet? https://tdi-tuning.com/car/honda/civic/fk2-20-type-r-306-bhp-310-ps-228-kw-400-nm-295-lbft/crtd4-multi-channel-with-rpm-petrol-tuning-box-chip I'm seriously tempted, even though I know it's not as good as a remap...
  6. Ash_EP3

FK2 FK2 - passenger door card rattle

Hi all, The one and only niggle for my car at the mo... The front passenger door card rattles occasionally if I play a bassy song... I don't play really loud music and although the bass is higher than default, it is not on full! Loudest I've ever had the music was volume 20! If my misses...
  7. Ash_EP3

FK2 Civic Type R FK2 - Test drive

Hi all, Yesterday I test drove the new civic type R at my local Honda dealership and I have to say I was very impressed! The car is a 65 plate in Polished Metal (Grey) and a GT model - with only 28 miles on the clock! So boring paperwork bit out of the way, we finally get to the car...
  8. Ash_EP3

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 - boosting options!?

Hi all, I'm planning on boosting the teg in the not too distant future (spring/summer next year)... It's currently running 230bhp and setup for fast road/track. The plan was to go the whole hog and get it forged and turbo'd - I've been quoted just over 10k and have been told that should see...
  9. Ash_EP3

Ash_ep3: 2nd ep3 - soon to be gone!

Hi all, It's been ages since I last posted a thread on here so thought I'd write up a new post as I've had a few cars since my last ep3! So back in summer 2012, I sold my last ep3: I fancied a change and wanted to get boost! I decided to sell my ep3 for a cheap price (lost a lot of money...
  10. Ash_EP3

Eibach - Prokit or Sportline kit?

Hi all, Just looking at which springs would be best between the sportline kit and prokit? This is my second ep3 and I only had Spoon springs on first which only lowered the car 20mm... so just wanting something to lower it at least 30mm but don't want it sat on it's arse! Has anyone tried...
  11. Ash_EP3

Looking for another ep3

Well just after a year on from selling my last ep3 I'm looking to buy another... I'm only looking to spend around 4k, my question is should I be looking to get a facelift or pre-facelift for that sort of budget? My last ep3 was a 30AE so I haven't owned a facelift type R but appreciate they...
  12. Ash_EP3

Ash's - Subaru Impreza WRX STI (blob eye)

Well I managed to sell the ep3 for a very cheap price... And a chap from work was selling his scooby at a very reasonable price so I took it for a test drive and snapped it up! Pics: Currently running 320bhp and 300+ lbs/ft.... Still undecided on the wheels... might look...
  13. Ash_EP3

Well I think the clutch has finally had enough...

On the way home tonight I had to stop off @ a garage and pick up some bits for the mrs... On the bypass before the 24hr garage I overtook a car (bit of 2nd and 3rd gear vtec) and once I got into the garage there was smoke and the smell of burning was hurrendous! I noticed that the oil temp...
  14. Ash_EP3

Occasional Grey/Black Smoke when under heavy load...

Hi all, On the way back from work recently a colleague of mine said that my car was smoking a fair bit (grey - black smoke, engine was cold, no vtec was engaged, revved to 4k max). And later on nearing home (when the car was warmed up) he said that it was very sooty when I hit vtec and changed...
  15. Ash_EP3

Ep3 brake caliper position

Recently I met up with an old mate of mine who I haven't seen since school... Being a car buff he started talking about his car (Audi a3 1.8t) and then moved onto giving his verdict on the ep3 and my car... and the first thing he said was oh the brake calipers look like they are in the wrong...
  16. Ash_EP3

Pic request: FRSU on Spoon / Eibach springs

Hi chaps, As above - my mate is fitting my Spoon springs and camber arms/bolts on Monday and I just wanted to see what they look like with the springs and FRSU (-1 degree Cam if possible...) I told a few mates of mine that I was gonna go with the recommended FRSU setup (as recommended here...
  17. Ash_EP3

Problem with my mate's ep3

Hi Chaps, Just wondering if you can help my friend who's been having problems with his ep3 as of yesterday / today... The scenario is as follows (copy and paste from his email): This is the sequence of events that appear to have killed my car! 1) Used immobiliser to open door and got...
  18. Ash_EP3

Fitting Spoon N1 sub-silencer

Hi folks, As part of my delivery from Japan I also received my Spoon N1 sub-silencer (to try and quiet things down a bit). I did a trial run the other day and found 2 issues: - The nut/screw supplied is too big for the hole in the n1 :mad: - Once the bung is in it's an absolute pig to get...
  19. Ash_EP3

Fitting JDM wind deflectors

Hi folks, I recently got my delivery of parts from Japan :) (thanks Touge)! And I haven't got the foggiest idea of how to fit these JDM wind deflectors (yes, I am a noob :oops:)... Please help!
  20. Ash_EP3

Bedding in a new clutch

Well chaps, I've finally purchased a new clutch kit (managed to get it for £186 inc VAT :D ). I believe it's the one for the facelift ep3 although I doubt that'll make any difference... My question is do I need to bed it in for a certain amount of miles? Thanks in advance!
  21. Ash_EP3

FRSU - check setup

Hi folks, Yet another noobie question (sorry :rolleyes:).. I just wanted to check that I have everything ready for FRSU: - Spoon Springs - SPC rear camber arms - SPC front camber bolts - JDM RARB (inc bushes and drop links) - Geometery setup (I still need to identify the recommended setup for...
  22. Ash_EP3

Creaking noise from Steering!?

Any ideas chaps? I'm gonna get my mate to thoroughly go through the car at some point as there is already a knocking noise from the front left :( and now it's bloody creaking at me!? :confused: Thanks in advance!
  23. Ash_EP3

"Type R" side skirt stickers/decals

Honda want 40 rips (£40) for the set of stickers which isn't cheap to say the least... Does anyone know where else I can get a set of these? Thanks in advance!
  24. Ash_EP3

Pic request: ep3 lowered on Spoon progressive springs please

As above... just ordered some for mine and want to see the outcome? Thanks in advance!
  25. Ash_EP3

Best way to clean Recaros

Hi guys, Are there any products you use in particular to clean 30th Anni / Premier seats? Mine are going a bit dark/black :( Thanks in advance!
  26. Ash_EP3

Spoon N1 Sub-Silencer

I've just ordered mine from Touge.. :) Does anyone have any pics / vids of their Spoon N1's with a sub-silencer in? Thanks in advance!
  27. Ash_EP3

75k Service

Hi folks, I'm going to have my 75k service done today by a friend of mine.. can someone just confirm the "to do list"? - Oil - Oil filter - Air filter - Pollen filter - Fuel filter - Gearbox oil - Brake fluid - Check valve clearance (The car was serviced last year (July) it had Oil, oil...
  28. Ash_EP3

Noobie Question: JRSC

Well I have an opportunity to buy a JRSC kit (2nd hand), and my mate has agreed to fit the kit (although he can't map it) so ideally I'd need him to fit it and drive down to Eurospec to get it mapped!!! This of course is where the problem lies.. Can I actually drive the car if it hasn't been...
  29. Ash_EP3

How often do you clean your Gruppe M?

Hi guys, As title says really... I've got a service coming up end of this month (75k service) and I haven't cleaned my GM since I bought it a year ago :eek: Any ideas on what you guys use to clean your filter either? On my old cone filter it used to be a soak, leave to dry and spray dirt...
  30. Ash_EP3

Suspension Top Mount

Hi guys, I've had a really irratating knocking noise from the front left (passenger-side) of the car for about a month now and my mate has checked the lower arms, track rod ends etc and says he's pretty certain it's the Suspension Top Mount which needs replacing... I can't seem to find much...
  31. Ash_EP3

Pillar Gauges

Hi peeps, I just wanted to know what you guys think of Pillar gauge mounts and what gauges you would have if you bought one? I am thinking along the lines of...
  32. Ash_EP3

Recommend me some new speakers (16cm coax)

Hi all, I've just bought a set of speaker adaptors for my car and I would like you guys to recommend me some new speakers... http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/honda-speaker-adaptors.html I've been having a quick browse on ebay and I've come across these...
  33. Ash_EP3

Estimate BHP?

Hi guys, Rather annoyed at a friend of mine this evening who claims that despite all the mods that will be installed I'll make no more than 15bhp.... :confused: Obviously I explained that my other friend who I purchased the mods from made 235bhp on one set of rollers then 250bhp on another set...
  34. Ash_EP3

Ash ep3's Championship White Honda Civic Type R 30th Anni - parts from japan pg7

Hi guys, welcome to my first project thread on type-r-owners! After my last car (vauxhall corsa sport), I wanted something bigger, quicker and newer... So it was between a few different cars: - Astra GSi Turbo (love the looks of these, go fairly well and easily tunable) - Audi S3 (mk1)...
  35. Ash_EP3

Gruppe M and Spoon Catback...

Right guys, Soon I will be purchasing a spoon cat-back (b pipe and n1) from a friend of mine. I already have a gruppe M which I am pleased with... 2 Questions: 1. What is the spoon like for everyday driving? I've heard some people can't bare how loud it is and some have removed it...
  36. Ash_EP3

Picture request

Hi Guys, Well after my spoon N1 purchase at the end of this month I am planning to get my alloys powder coated but I am still not sure on which colour to go for!? Was thinking either white or black.... have you got any pictures of a milano red ep3 with white / black alloys (standard) or...
  37. Ash_EP3

Milano Red paint fade problem!!!!!

Right I gave my car a good clean yesterday but the paint fade is much worse than what I first thought.... Here's a couple of snaps from yesterday... Up close... Take a few steps back and... I don't even think a good detail will it bring it back much!!! Really disapointed tbh - I get...
  38. Ash_EP3

Some Snaps of my Type R 30th Anniversary

Just thought I'd post some up Comments and opinions welcome :)
  39. Ash_EP3

Couple of Q's about my CTR 30th AE

Hi Guys, Well I've owned my civic for 3 weeks now and I have to say I love it :) However there are a couple of questions I have: Whirry / Whine noise coming from the clutch / gearbox - I've been told that this is more than likely the Clutch release bearing / thrust bearing (if I slightly...
  40. Ash_EP3

Couple of niggly problems with my ep3

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum :smt039 I bought a milano red ep3 (30th anniversary) last week but have just a couple of niggly things I would like some answers too! First issue: I've noticed that sometimes when I press the clutch in it clicks a couple of times? (have been told this is common...
Back