• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. D

EP3 TODA manifold bore size?

Oh right ok. Yeah my TODA looks like that internally. You haven't any ill effect from having no gasket at all?
  2. D

Looks like that. Is that a pic of the Feels or a TODA? When the garage tech unbolted the manifold from the exhaust he said he thought there was a thick layer of carbon buildup but from looking at that pic mine looked just like that (I saw it myself too when he was doing it), i.e. a pipe within...
  3. D

Ta dotty, you're a star. :) Any idea of any 60mm 3-bolt gasket would do the job there? I had a blowing gasket on my TODA manifold where it mated with the J's Racing exhaust, had it replaced the other day with one that the garage had lying about. The new one measured 60mm across the hole but...
  4. D

Answering my own question I guess... 18100-DC5-00J Honda - Integra DC5 - Civic EP3 - K20A - 4-2-1 - Taper 45-50-60mm I assume that means 45 at the head and 60mm at the exit?
  5. D

Anyone know the bore size for the TODA manifold where it meets a cat-back exhaust? I assume it's designed to mate with any cat-back exhaust on the market. Also when you're buying new exhaust gaskets is it the exhaust that comes with them, or the manifold? Sorry for the dumb questions but I'm...
  6. D

Abbey Motorsport

I'm more of the opinion that the ram-air effect of the GruppeM is trivial compared to the actual suction of air and where this sucked air is coming from. The fact AEM v2 is so close to (or the same as, haven't compared too many dyno runs etc) to GruppeM, when AEM is just a filter with no...
  7. D

j's racing 60rs exhaust system

I've got an 60RS. It's pretty loud, but seems to work fine with my JRSC (300bhp) As said already it is very light, you can hold it in the air with your fingers. :)
  8. D

xenons legal or not????????

This is wrong. Loxy was fully correct - to be road legal you need auto-leveling and washers, neither of which retrofitted HIDs will have on a CTR (at least not the latest one). That being said it is probable they will pass an MOT regardless (mine did, at Honda), but a jobsworth copper will be...
  9. D

Civic Type R EP3 Touring car spoiler

Looks gash imo. The only time it would look vaguely acceptable would be if it was 101% meant as a purposeful addition - i.e. a track weapon EP3, even then I suspect it would be pretty Marmite to most people.
  10. D

EP3 18" alloy tyre size

Hi, I've got some 18 x 7.5 alloys (SSR Type-C) on my 2004 EP3 Type-R that are in need of some new tyres. Currently using 225/35 tyres but wondering whether I should be using 225/40s instead? The latter seem a lot easier to come by, and significantly cheaper, and there doesn't seem to be a...
  11. D

civic type-r VS S2000... PLEASE HELP QUICK!

Ones a 2 seater convertible, the other is a hot hatchback....... I know that sounds kinda trolly but the cars are completely different - the only similarity between them is that they are roughly as fast as eachother and are both built by Honda. From memory my S did about the same sort of...
  12. D

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

Well yeah obviously you'd need to be going some speed for the "ram air" aspect of it to work, but it's a sealed box that sucks air from outside of the engine bay so fundamentally it's going to be better than one that doesn't. The scoop / forcing air in aspect is a bit of a gimmick I suppose.
  13. D

J's Front Strut Bar & ETD - Fitting Help!

:o Nice :) That include the ETD too? How do you work out how stiff to make it etc?
  14. D

Yeah? That would be cool if possible.. let me know when you're free and how much it'll cost me. :)
  15. D

I've got one of these too and got no clue how to fit them as the instructions are in Japanese! lol Only thing I can gather is apparently I need a torque wrench. Is this something Honda could fit for me?
  16. D

Random question on engine start buttons

What do you guys do with the cig lighter with this mod? Surely even if you don't smoke it is not something you'd just want to do away with completely? (e.g. TomTom charging)
  17. D

Wicked Sounds but have disco lights at the front of the car.

Upgrade the earths in the engine bay. Earthing kit won't do an awful lot tbh, you need some proper meaty cable (2 or 0 awg I'd say). Basically you need to do The Big 3 at the very least, the OEM Honda wiring is very poor. Beyond that you're looking at upgraded batteries & alternators.
  18. D

Tegiwa imports carbon fibre airbox

What I find amusing about threads like this is that one of the main reasons I sold my Skyline was the fact that there was so much infighting and mudslinging between tuners in the community and it was impossible to get any kind of honest opinion on anything without having to cut through about 10...
  19. D

S2000 & NSX Adding a GT Hardtop to a non GT car

Worth considering too because when I had my S2000 the difference in insuring a GT vs a non-GT was like £300 odd!
  20. D

FN2 LSD's for all FN2's

What's worrying about this is that how would you even know for sure if yours has got one fitted or not? I mean the dealer might tell you it has, but until you've got the keys etc you wouldn't know for sure.
  21. D

E46 BMW M3 build up

Might be worth blanking your plates, never know whos reading the forum...
  22. D

Low oil story....

+1
  23. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

No, that's wrong. MOTs exist to prove a car's road worthiness (and legality), the fact they only happen once a year is technically just a flaw in the system. A car could pass an MOT and the day after develop a fault that would fail it if it took another MOT that day. A car has to be road...
  24. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

Thanks Jon. I've gone ahead and bought a TODA 4-2-1 race manifold on impulse, I'll have to deal with the MOT issue come next year - though what you've said is useful, no doubt if I'm stuck in a position where I don't know anyone who can pass it "on the sly" then I'll end up in the same frame of...
  25. D

white ep3 type r

The above is a vinyl wrap though, not a respray.
  26. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

lol Well as my MOT is due end of March I might just go mental with upgrades straight away and worry about it in a years time. :lol:
  27. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

Wouldn't know where to start trying to find a "friendly MOT station", I've always just had mine done at Honda at the same time as the servicing. :( How do you even approach that sort of thing if you don't already know someone in the trade, drive up to somewhere and say "'ere mate, do us a...
  28. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

Thanks, thats what I thought. It seems to me a pretty massive inconvenience to have to change the manifold back twice (to OEM, then back to race) every time MOT comes up, but if that's what people do I guess that's my only real option if I want more power (thinking of Kpro'ing and maybe even...
  29. D

Race manifolds & MOTs

Quick question - I was always under the assumption that de-catting cars resulted in failing MOTs on emissions, when I had the Skyline people always used to have to put their CATs back on come MOT time, etc. Yet, I see quite a few people fitting 3-2-1 (I don't really understand that term) race...
  30. D

*Warning* AEM CAI + Flooded Road + A***hole Van Driver = Hydrolock :(

Waiting sucks :( I used to hate having to wait for parts for my Skyline when it was in the tuners... driving around in the works van didn't really compare. :( In other news: what with these recent floods I've ended up driving through some really deep water where the front of the car has been...
  31. D

*Warning* AEM CAI + Flooded Road + A***hole Van Driver = Hydrolock :(

I'm amazed people spend £3k+ on supercharged engines and then get a cheap-as-chips CAI that's renowned for having water ingress issues. I suppose that's always the danger when taking "tainted" advice from a tuner (i.e. they only recommend the stuff they make healthy margins on) GruppeM may be...
  32. D

Car security?

I wanna get the Viper 500XV (2 way pager alarm) for mine but struggling to find anywhere that will do it. Most places have said that there is currently an issue with it and DEI (Directed Electronics - parent company of Viper, Clifford, etc) have recalled it :confused:
  33. D

S2000 & NSX Top Off the S2000

You took the hardtop off in August? Just in time for the 2 or 3 days of summer we've got left. You've noticed it's getting darker earlier haven't you? :) When I had my S2000 the HT was off and on the stand in early March :)
  34. D

SharkyUK's CS Trophy (Updated 05Apr08)

Heretic! Burn him!
  35. D

Forget A-Plan, give these a go!

I don't want to pee on the collective bonfire here but surely an insurer is only as good as whatever service they provide in times of crisis. Has anyone had any experience of claiming with them? As I recall Adrian Flux was (for a time anyway) very good at offering lower premiums but when it...
  36. D

FN2 Changing the H/U on a FN2

Alpine and JL Audio both do systems which integrate with OEM stereos. They basically work by taking the speaker output and from that turning it into RCA outputs, etc for amps, subs, etc. Won't be the best in terms of sound quality, but it's something to consider.
  37. D

FN2 Evo review

Playing Devils Advocate for a moment... you're presumably comparing your EP which is not brand new (I presume) vs a brand spanking new car? Isn't it a given that the gear shift & steering feel is smoother? Or am I oversimplifying it? I can't help but think that in some cases peoples...
  38. D

FN2 2007 CTR pics

As much as it pains me to say it - the look of it is still growing on me day by day, and I agree that seeing it in the flesh might radically change ones opinion. I don't think Honda would manufacture a turkey, but I can see why they might be targeting a different market. I will be arranging...
  39. D

FN2 2007 CTR pics

Is it £8k-£9k better though, that's the $64,000 question (well, it's the £8k-£9k question really). A lot of these reviews will be pitching the car up against what's currently out. I haven't really seen any direct comparisons with the EP3 model. Are you really getting £8k+...
  40. D

FN2 am I the only suspicious one ?

I basically said the same thing in a different thread and got shot down. I find myself more skeptical than ever with the knowledge that the people invited to go see the car weren't picked out of a hat or anything, their respective impact on others was carefully calculated. I don't like the...
  41. D

FN2 2007 CTR pics

Fair enough. I just can't get over the rear end, it's enough for me to be put off of it entirely. I don't have a huge issue with the rest of the complaints that most people are levelling towards it already. That said I don't think I could justify spending £8000+ on a trade-in for what...
  42. D

FN2 2007 CTR pics

Shock horror people who were invited to go see it think it's great? What a revelation! :lol:
  43. D

XO motorsports mild 540 engine build

Can someone explain to an idiot like myself what the point of having that sort of BHP (500+) in a FWD car? You'd surely struggle to put any power down in 1st-3rd. I'm genuinely not trolling - I'm just trying to work out what the point is sticking that sort of BHP through a car that is by...
  44. D

Car's going back to standard...Now SOLD :(

I'm not going back to Skyline ownership for the moment, for reasons you will find out soon enough :P Only joking.. ;) I do miss the raw acceleration though - going from a 520bhp R34 to a Civic is a sobering experience. Civic is great don't get me wrong, but a Skyline... well, I'll let you...
  45. D

T1R system for DC5

If I had a DC5 I'd buy the Amuse Titanium... bought one for my S2000, was a work of art.
  46. D

Car's going back to standard...Now SOLD :(

I wonder what he's bought? :roll: I wonder...... :lol: How much did you get for your Civic if you don't mind me asking? I'm getting a bit restless with mine.. nothing wrong with it, but just anxious about the new one around the corner (with whatever depreciation results). :(
  47. D

Another Tomtom question.

Anyone got the very latest GB Plus map? Was driving yesterday and TomTom thought I was in the middle of a field for about 3 miles. :( I'm running TomTom Navigator 5.21 (5430) on my mobile (Pocket PC)
  48. D

Gruppe M?

Just buy it from GruppeM Japan. Brand new, £390.. job done! :)
  49. D

How can I make the CTR sound like this.....

Although that may sound like a joke, Trung is right - t's actually the only way you're gonna be able to replicate that sound.
  50. D

T1R system for DC5

Get the Amuse Ti.... sexual chocolate! If Amuse made one for the CTR I would buy it in a heartbeat. Bought one for my S2000 but never got around to fitting it (sold the car before I had the chance). Hands down the most gorgeous looking exhaust known to man :)
  51. D

Show me your tweeters folks, pretty please!!

Regardless of a cars crappy acoustics compared to a home hifi system, time alignment does make a big difference. It stands to reason really, if one speaker is 3-4x as far from you as another then without any TA you're gonna unconciously hear the track at different times in each ear. If you...
  52. D

Had my standard wheels refurbed and re-coloured

Pic is a little too small... I can't see any difference? :(
  53. D

Shitest CTR in the country??

Anyone else find it kinda funny how its reportedly got 265bhp and is actually slower 0-60 than the standard car. :lol:
  54. D

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

20 inch wheels? Full interior? :? I really don't understand why you seem keen to cripple the car when you're going for balls-out performance? Surely the two objectives are at odds with eachother? Has it got a huge 100kg ICE install in the boot too?
  55. D

700whp NHB CTR in Fast Car magazine!!!!

Totally pointless imo. You'd have 95%+ of the useable power with 300-400bhp imo. If the car can't get any traction in 1st-3rd, what is the point of giving it so much power? For bragging rights? Looks from the spec as if the car has a totally stock interior too - I would've thought...
  56. D

Rev Hard Turbo Kit on ebay

At first glance I thought "£3k for just the turbo??" then read on and saw what you actually got. Bargain! Obviously it does go without saying that you'd already need header + exhaust (no CAT) and CAI to get the best out of this.
  57. D

Samco Induction Hose

From my experience of SAMCO hoses for Skylines, they tend to be very expensive. :(
  58. D

Over Night Parts From JAAAAAPPAAANNN

That exhaust is gorgeous! Where dya get it! :)
  59. D

Sound deadening

Spot on. My doors vibrate noticeably with just a set of components running off an aftermarket headunit (i.e. no proper amp at all). Plus there must be loads of the sound just being lost through the door. Sound deadening works for even the most basic setups.
  60. D

Apexi Hayabusa for sale on CTRO

I thought you had one already?
  61. D

GRUPPE M - Air Scoop

Underside trailing edge? :| There is no room under the bonnet where the scoop fits as the actual GruppeM carbon box takes up all of the space where the hole in the scuttle panel is. Your only options with this as far as I know is fitting quick(er) release bolts of some kind, mounting the...
  62. D

Super charger on E-bay

Well, some chav with NOS is currently winning the bidding on it :)
  63. D

Super charger on E-bay

Exactly. At the end of the day buying something like that 2nd hand, I'd want to make sure it came from a good home and that I would definitely receive every single tiny bit that I needed to transplant it into my engine. Also, you only have that persons word that it has only been on the car...
  64. D

Super charger on E-bay

Zero feedback though :(
  65. D

Guide to the Gruppe M - please read before posting!

It's the scuttle panel really that's the problem. The GruppeM one is reputed to be a bad fit, and is gloss black (so it won't match the drivers side one). Cutting/filling the standard one requires a measure of technical ability above just installing the air filter. If you were going to...
  66. D

Thanks :) I think I'll use the GruppeM one to get me up and running, and while the OEM one is off the car I'll measure it up and chop/fill it as per the instructions in this thread over a period of a few days. Had both scuttle panels replaced today under warranty (they weren't flush) and...
  67. D

The GruppeM fitting guide makes mention of cutting 50-60mm of the supplied "blow hose" (the red one) and inserting the L-piece into both pieces - with the 50-60mm bit of hose going into the engine intake, and the rest going into the GruppeM assembly. From the pictures I've seen it doesn't...
  68. D

Gruppe M customs charges

Well it's arrived. ZERO Customs charge. :D :D GruppeM came through and marked the package price down to a stupid level (6440 yen instead of 64400 :lol:). Guess HMCE couldn't be bothered to charge me for something that was worth £30 ;) If any of you are thinking of getting one of...
  69. D

Gruppe M customs charges

In case anyone is interested.. Out for delivery today, no mention of Customs on that Track & Trace (it's normally shown) and I haven't had any kind of letter or correspondance saying I need to pay anything.... Fingers crossed :)
  70. D

Gruppe M customs charges

Seen this on my CC statement: 02 May 2006 GRUPPE M ASAKA £391.23 Should be being shipped today so hopefully will receive it before the end of the week. Will update thread with customs charges as applicable.
  71. D

Had enough of my Buddyclub Prospec

72. D

Recaro's on ebay

They went for £760. :) Bargain imo!
  73. D

Recaro's on ebay

One man's wine is another man's poison to be honest. Bottom line - if they really are £1500 each from Honda (I've never bothered to check) then whoever gets them for the current price is still getting a huge bargain. I'm a perfectionist and I wanted the seats that were in the Premier...
  74. D

Recaro's on ebay

I paid £600 + my 04 seats for mine, so I'm feeling slightly better now. I would've been gutted if they'd gone for £250 odd! :( sorry to say...
  75. D

OEM head unit problem

Honda should replace it no questions asked mate.
  76. D

Passenger side window not working :(

Sorry I was trying to make it look like I hadn't just made a total fool out of myself by spinning a load of lies about it :( I guess sarcasm doesn't work too well on forums ;) The original post is correct, and I have been driving around for 2 months thinking my window was knackered when all...
  77. D

Yeah, he err... did. (forgot about IP addresses :( ) Actually now that I remember when I took the door card off the wires were hanging out of the connector, and I put them back in. The button was just coincidental.
  78. D

Hi guys, A mate of mine hacked my account and has just admitted to me that he posted that stupid question earlier. Now that I've wrestled control back from him normal service will be resumed. lol what kind of idiot would make such a schoolboy error? Not me that's for sure... dear oh...
  79. D

lol man You have no idea how many times, especially recently in the hotter weather (even though I've got A/C), Ive wanted to blast down some roads with the windows down - but I've only been able to have the drivers one down which isn't the same... :( Am I even allowed to own a CTR anymore...
  80. D

I just found the button. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: Someone delete this topic before I am labelled the resident idiot! :oops: I've been driving without a working passenger side window (or so I thought) for about 2...
  81. D

Oh god.. wheres that button lol
  82. D

Ever since I had my windows tinted my passenger side window hasn't worked, on either of the switches (drivers or passenger side). At the time I just figured the bloke had forgotten to connect up the switch or something so didn't pay any attention to it. Well, today I finally got around to...
  83. D

Had enough of my Buddyclub Prospec

I might be interested in your BC Prospec smeg, for the right price. :)
  84. D

Relocating hazard light switch

Excellent! :D Thanks!
  85. D

Relocating hazard light switch

Very quick question, is it possible to relocate hazard light warning switch to the other side (where the lighter is?) Got plans for the hole where the hazard switch is :)
  86. D

Super Charger Comparison

:lol: Will have a chat with Mark and see what prices he gives me. :) I presume you need to have the obvious things like CAI, exhaust done before you go down this route? Is a manifold part of that £3000?
  87. D

Super Charger Comparison

Is it definitely £3000 including the Kpro, i.e. full "drive in, drive out" cost? I could probably see myself spending that.... :) G: R34 was a monster but to be honest I've been having more fun in my Civic. Maybe its because I don't have to worry so much about the cost if something were...
  88. D

Super Charger Comparison

Can I get a ride sometime please? :D Would love to know what a JRSC'd CTR feels like. :)
  89. D

Super Charger Comparison

This is an interesting question... I'm keen to get a SC for the CTR, but at the same time its a lot of money to spend for comparitively little gain (relative to other cars). You could pick up an R33 GTR now for the price of an average 2nd hand CTR and the SC costs combined, and it would be...
  90. D

Gruppe M customs charges

Just ordered this myself... at 2am! Couldn't stop myself flexing the credit card. :( Hope I don't get nailed on Customs charges! I paid 64,400+15,000 delivery as well - although I had got a quote back in December and GruppeM were still prepared to honour it. Don't know if the price has...
  91. D

Refitted factory airbox = check engine light + weird hole

Probably going to buy a GruppeM... I don't like the huge hole the AEM leaves in the engine bay. :( Thanks anyway. MilanoChris: The actual filter is a bit of a mess to be honest.. only noticed it when I took it out. I wouldn't really wish the filter on anyone, but I suppose like you say...
  92. D

:) Yeah, thats what was on it before - sucking in hot air from the engine bay. I was going to try and sell it either on the forum or on eBay but to be honest I can't be bothered. Don't think it would be worth much!
  93. D

Yeah, why do you ask?
  94. D

Car actually feels faster now with the standard airbox on! Don't know if thats the placebo effect, or whether its just running rich at the moment from me resetting the ECU... Can't hear the car changeover to VTEC anymore, but it seems faster when its in the zone and picks up quicker. There...
  95. D

Stop hijacking my thread :D (only joking)
  96. D

Thanks matey! Don't suppose you have a bigger version of that you can send me do you? Want to make sure I haven't missed any parts when I fitted it back on.
  97. D

I daren't drive it with the hole there! In fact, I'm a little worried about driving it with 3 screws missing from the airbox (to hold the two pieces together). I should be able to pick these up from B&Q or something tomorrow shouldn't I?
  98. D

Thanks for that quick reply! :) Guess I'll have to cover it over again tomorrow. Bit odd to have something like that in the engine from the factory, I assumed after doing it that it was something the previous owner had done... I even peeled some of it off! :(
  99. D

I refitted my factory airbox earlier on. Fitting went ok except for the fact I found out I was missing 3 screws that hold the airbox together (previous owner didn't supply them :(). Also, when I started the car the "check engine" light stayed illuminated and wouldn't turn off. I am 92.5%...
  100. D

KPRO is worth every penny

I assume this is something that should only really be considered after doing the obvious things like catback exhaust + CAI? Is a aftermarket header really important too to get the most out of the Kpro?
Back