• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Ped

Duffy's Moonrock S2000 GT

How large and how much. Duffy said.
  2. Ped

All packed back into my MX. Without having to have 1 hanging out the boot, goodjob I haven't got my Cage yet.
  3. Ped

Its a little bit of a blur to me but was I shouting faster? :lol:
  4. Ped

Advice Fitting Cat back system

My friend had a Full N1 system. And even that with silencer was loud.
  5. Ped

Part Problem and identify PLEASE!!!

Here is the diagram with it on for others still unsure what it is
  6. Ped

I've had my little pipe on and off it a few times and never had any issues. Didn't realise they were so brittle.
  7. Ped

Unsilenced B-pipe with N1 will be unbearable FYI.
  8. Ped

induction kit

Tbf. A Velocity Stack inside a GruppeM/Copy will be a good move.
  9. Ped

If worst comes to worst and they need drilling out it wont damage the Flange on the cat or the exhaust if done correctly.
  10. Ped

EP3 AEM CAI Pictures

I had the 2.5kit on mine. Was a doddle!
  11. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

Interesting. I wonder why they are on the SVA test in the first place then. As I thought the whole idea was to make it UK MOT compliant.
  12. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

Do you not need them for it to pass MOT then? If smoothed off?
  13. Ped

Did we do a spot on job?

Your oil breather is in the wrong place. That hole on the intake pipe is for the air sensor?
  14. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

I agree completely xdcx. How about MOT times? Get problems? If not, i would seriesly consider getting them filled and resprayed. :lol:
  15. Ped

Hazard Repeater button not working.

Yeah I've done that in the past, driving around with the console out but the button plugged in so I could indicate. I fear its something to do with the relays as its a JDM so side repeaters where a retro-fit. I think it might be something to do with the replacement side repeaters i had to fit...
  16. Ped

So its the pipe that attaches to the induction hose? Small diameter?
  17. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

I've sorted a replacement for mine after finding a manufactures name on the original lens. Turns out they use them on Caravans. :lol: not to worry, they look smart :D
  18. Ped

FAO DC5 owners.

What side repeaters are fitted to your cars. And do everyones match everyone elses? I've got a JDM EP3 and am stuck on what to do with mine. One of mine broke, cannot/couldn't find replacement so fitted cheap universal ones. They are **** so want something to replace them properly.
  19. Ped

Hondata Airbox Mod Done.... Some Pics

Turbocharging ;):lol:
  20. Ped

R8byb

I do not believe they are 2.5". I considered one but as it was smaller 2.25" (IIRC) I went for the Supersprint Stainless one that is 2.5".
  21. Ped

induction kit

£70-£100 second hand. I just sold mine.
  22. Ped

Throttle Position Sensor

Im sorted now. Was the IACV. Thanks though!
  23. Ped

civic in fastcar

Im pretty sure the EP3 car is an EP2. Seen a great Vimeo of it!
  24. Ped

New TPS fitted. Crazy high Idle? Help

Running sweet as a nut! Thanks guys.
  25. Ped

I've used the garage a lot though thats what puzzles me. Its the sort of garage that has brand new lifts, clean well mannered staff, always busy etc. And i've become well known there :rolleyes:. Didn't expect that.
  26. Ped

Bit of an update. I've got the throttle body fully off and on my desk here. Now i've been able to remove the idle control sensor and can instantly tell something is/was wrong. The spinning mechanical part coming from the IACV was stuck rocking between ''15 minutes''. All i've got at the minute...
  27. Ped

Cheers!
  28. Ped

Anything else you can suggest using as I do not have carb cleaner? I guess I can use soap and water etc aslong as I let it dry?
  29. Ped

Just been out and done that. Got it about right now I think. But YEY to car is still reving itself :(. I sent it to a garage to have the IACV cleaned as I wasn't happy removing the throttle body myself. Since then I've had it off about ten times fiddling with this. So I think im going to give...
  30. Ped

Ok i've had it running with my diagnostic live data thing plugged in and the TPS is reading 21.35% Can i cure this in TPS position adjustment?
  31. Ped

PS, its a JDM so its fuelled to the larger DC5 style manifold anyway.
  32. Ped

Yep its been fine the year I've owned it. Don't do that many miles.
  33. Ped

I tried the reset ECU fuse style. It idled high again. Im embarassed to leave it running lmfao! Its Piper Manifold Unsilenced B-pipe etc! Do you really think It will settle after its warmed?
  34. Ped

So my idle was buggered before, cleaned the IACV but was still getting a reving Idle so narrowed it down to faulty TPS. Fitted new TPS this morning and adjusted its angle about 5 times but car still wants to idle at 3500RPM. Is there something i've done wrong or that needs resetting? Help!
  35. Ped

Hazard Repeater button not working.

A short while ago i replaced my side repeaters as I lost a cover. (JDM EP3, so the repeaters were a retro-fit). Since doing so my indicators have worked fine but my Hazard lights button does not work. Do they share the same fuse? Im confused as to how it cannot work yet still indicate.
  36. Ped

Tegiwa carbon Induction kit fitting guide ?

Search for GruppeM instructions. More likely to have success that way.
  37. Ped

Swapping induction kit

Not a massive issue. Just a few screws. They're the style that open out plastic wings on the back of the clip so don't need to be fully out. Just undone and pulled. Think the right hand side bonnet plastic surround has to come out too.
  38. Ped

What top speed is the FN2 CTR capable of?

Stupid thread. But to cover the subject, speedo isn't acurate. It reads higher than actual travelling speed.
  39. Ped

Throttle Position Sensor

Mines playing up. Cannot find anyone that stocks them as a singular part. I've seen people mention on the internet that they are able to be cleaned. Anyones input would be great.
  40. Ped

Firm Engine Mounts

Erm, all I know is they are red. And polybush style material.
  41. Ped

Cleaning Idle Control Valve

Did you need to replace that rubber gasket or has it got a reusable life span?
  42. Ped

Great find! I've already had mine done by a garage mind. Now looking into replacing the Throttle Position Sensor. So could do with a good guide for actually removing the TB rather than this which skips over it.
  43. Ped

AEM Cai prone to **** up Idle?

This one looks better. And cheaper even with USA postage. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CMS-THROTTLE-POSITION-SENSOR-TPS-K20-RSX-HONDA-CIVIC-SI-/220586383900?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item335bf91a1c#ht_6284wt_1398
  44. Ped

Just got off the phone to Honda. They do not sell this part by its self and is part of the whole throttle body assembly. I've had a look around on Ebay and it seems that Honda (and even rover) use quite a generic style one that is compatible across a large area of the range of cars/engines. Now...
  45. Ped

Found this video!!! This is my issue! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJEqfq22j68
  46. Ped

Throttle position sensor
  47. Ped

Tps?
  48. Ped

Update on the situation. Had the icv cleaned. Car drove fine for. Couple of days. Then went back to uncontrollable reving even worse than before. The car drives insanely jerky. Have put the oem box back on to no evail. What can I try next?
  49. Ped

Rocker cover respray

Genuinely great thread!
  50. Ped

Head units

Aslong as the wiring harness is correct. Its very straight forward. My Civic is an Import so I had to purchase a harness. Press sure yours will have straight fitment. If you find it doesn't fit directly during fitting. Pop to Halfords and all the variable harness' are there for around £10-£15.
  51. Ped

Do they make any noise? Expensive also?
  52. Ped

Well today my car has stopped 'hunting' which is odd. And seemed to settle idling at 1,100-1,200 rpm. As if its fixing its self! Typical, my Honda has such a personality. Its still going in the garage though, I've bought the little gasket for the IACV for them to put on.
  53. Ped

One of the following will do http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=oil+breather&_sacat=See-All-Categories They're not expensive. Just get the right neck size. I've used the OEM hose which it slips inside of. Might get one big enough o just slot over the...
  54. Ped

Cheers!
  55. Ped

What does the A stand for in that acronym?
  56. Ped

Oem discs

I've got Drilled and grooved discs. But I don't drive around like a ricer so don't have to worry about them getting overly hot and cracking. Which is the worry people have I think. Stop great though!
  57. Ped

I agree. I left it open as I hadn't planned on using a Breather filter perminantly. But not looking at it. Even if I could to get a hose. Its going to be a bitch to fit do to the location on the induction pipe. For stupid reason its pointing forwards... Tut.
  58. Ped

The small pipe coming off the AEM that would lead to the cam cover i have open as I've used a small Oil breather filter. And I went to seal the pipe on the induction neck earlier but its out of reach without removing it.
  59. Ped

Only thing I can think of is that I have the Oil breather part of it, Unsealed.
  60. Ped

Hi, So since fitting my AEM cai ,circa 4 months ago, my idle hadn't been the same. It no longer sits at 2000rpm upon cold start up. Nor settle to 1000rpm once warm. It starts and stays at 1500rpm. Now its even started to 'hunt' after its had a good seeing to in VTEC. The system, performs greats...
  61. Ped

Ep3 JDM Manifold

thanks for the quick reply.
  62. Ped

Ep3 JDM Manifold

Hi, I was wondering does the JDM EP3 share the same manifold as the DC5 or UKDM Ep3? My JDM ep3 was bought with a Piper 4-2-1.
  63. Ped

Those damn screws holding the Disc to the hub.

Im glad to hear everyone else has similar problems and at least realises they are a pain and an issue and that im not just pathetic lol. I am one of those people who has no shims.
  64. Ped

Cool well tomorrow I shall pay them a visit. Will only be able to use it on one side now I've smashed into both screws with drill bits. Will just have to continue to drill that side out...
  65. Ped

Will that halfords one actually be any good?
  66. Ped

I did some hitting. Did you just lay into the brake disc where the pads are in contact as I didn't want to his this part...
  67. Ped

DeWalt stubby. Think it needs more Torque. When I get them off I won't be replacing these screws I know that much!
  68. Ped

Impact driver didn't budge them just clutched the battery dead. Resorted to drilling hammering. Still on there solid as a rock. Going mental inside.
  69. Ped

Yeah I considered not using the screws haha! I can get hold of an impact driver quite easily as my uncle and cousin are joiners with them. But I still feel the driver head will want to hop out... But I guess holding the whole gun pushing against the car might be most the effort needed!
  70. Ped

I've put the drill on charge. Will pop to Honda and get some replacements.
  71. Ped

Ordered some brakes the other day. Just replacements. Went to fit them today and knew from past experience when fitting my rear replacements those screws are a nightmare. Last time, I got to the disc removal after full stripping the brake of and fitting new pads etc. And to come so close and...
  72. Ped

Lambda Sensor Bank 1

You replaced the Pre-cat sensor. So I doubt its the cat? I recently went through replacing mine. Even more costly as mines the JDM one and Honda needed to Order the part with added premium. Get yourself an OBDII reader for the sake of £30 and read the code yourself. If its 0067 then it is the...
  73. Ped

EP3 calipers question

Single pot yes. 300mm disc upfront. Not sure of rear of the top of the head. Should be easy to find if you searched for replacements.
  74. Ped

205/40/17 or 215/40/17 ??

How much and what manufacturer out of interest?
  75. Ped

ABS Screech.

Snow has been falling in my area and obviously sometimes the ABS kicks in. Which it does as it should then a second later the ABS module (im presuming, not 100% on how ABS is powered) makes a loud Screech/scream noise. Odd I know, but the ABS works fine and continues to work fine. Any ideas...
  76. Ped

Exhaust guide

There is a for sale section right at the bottom of the main forum page. You can always try Ebay. Or joining civictype-r.co.uk they have an active for sale section and parts only come up for the civics rather than the wider variants falling under ''Type-R''
  77. Ped

205/40/17 or 215/40/17 ??

205s look better I think. Plus in theory the 205 will have less wall movement as the tyre is slightly more stretched onto the rim than the 215. Obviously not Drift amounts. But I heard that one size is more common than the other and is therefore cheaper to get hold of.
  78. Ped

A wheel colour question!!!

TE37s/Rota copys need to be Bronze. Spray a wheel black and it loses all identity.
  79. Ped

Can you cure the numb steering feel of the EP3?

Don't some people remove the power steering?
  80. Ped

What do people think of this induction?

Doesn't even look like the correct bends. I might remove mine soon so keep your eyes peeled.
  81. Ped

Oil level a couple mm over....

At the end of the day. How accurate is a dipstick... Some oil may still be settled elsewhere, and your parking surface not level etc.
  82. Ped

Gruppe M vs Tegiwa Induction kit

Yes there is a Sales section.
  83. Ped

It doesn't take long as a seller to get rid of either bits of kit!
  84. Ped

I've handled both. Only difference I can see is the carbon weave and lack of badge. Filters are identical. Tegiwa I would say even gives a better noise but both in the same ball park. Go for the Tegiwa, save some Dollar and just learn to brush off the snobbery comments you get from the others. :lol:
  85. Ped

No VTEC????

Working fine now. Must be after a few days driving in the damp that it doesn't like it. I remember reading someone say after they washed their car and well the filter it wouldn't VTEC. So must be the same as that. I need to get around to fitting my Arch liner I have bought aswell as a metal...
  86. Ped

Firm Engine Mounts

Hi all. When I bought my car the prev owner had fitted some very firm Poly engine mounts giving it the idle vibrations. Would I need to revert them all back to OEM to solve this or would I just need to replace a certain one/ones? I know that when an OEM lower engine mount i warn it can cause the...
  87. Ped

No VTEC????

On a drive today this issue has come back! I've checked the oil once stopped. And its all the way up to the top of the dipstick. I know to get an oil level you need to engine to cool and the oil to settle but is it normal for it to get splashed that far up? Obviously the sensor is working as its...
  88. Ped

Chat box/room?

Im on a few Forums that have a Chat Box. Always works really well I think. Have a more 1to1 chat with people and feel like you know them more than just flicking through posts.
  89. Ped

Sportex mid pipe/ bpipe?

Aim for a 2.5inch Supersprint if you just fancy replacing the b-pipe. It goes raspy :)
  90. Ped

Hi, I've been searching and searching. I think mine could do with a clean, im pretty sure I can see where it is next to the throttle body I was just wondering if anyone know of a guide. Or could even take 2 minutes to take a picture pointing at it, And the necessary screws/bolts needed to remove...
  91. Ped

Three Inch Exhaust - Can it work on N/A??

So your keeping your OEM Exhaust manifold/Cat? The Manifold does most of the improved power when replaced and mapped. Catbacks sound good and in theory let out a few bhp. But and improvement on a 2.5 up to a 3 will be zero if not lose some need back pressure?
  92. Ped

Three Inch Exhaust - Can it work on N/A??

Will you need to get a port and polish to mate nicely a 3inch header?
  93. Ped

Post your head unit

94. Ped

induction

I think a good induction noise helps promote the VTEC crossover. Something to show off with. Bwahhhhhhh, HHHHHHHHHHHHH!
  95. Ped

induction

+ noise if thats what your after. Growl.
  96. Ped

Lower ball joint replacement. EP3

What are the signs of a worn ball joint?
  97. Ped

Coolant change/ part of service.

Cheers!
  98. Ped

Pipercross induction kit

I've had mine on a few weeks. Quite easy to fit. But would of been easier with 2 people. One kneeling in the wheel arch and another looking down in the engine bay.
  99. Ped

Just bought AEM V2 Induction Kit For My EP3...

The OEM Oil breather hose reaches the AEM V2 I think. As the pipe work comes right by the side of the cam cover vent. As can be seen below.
Back