• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. NIGHTHAWKEP3

New tyres time

I've never had any experience with any of the above tyres mate I had rainsport2's on my ep3 when I 1st bought car they were pretty decent I thought anyway! Then they wore down & changed to continental contisport5's on front & although they were dear 205/45's 130 a corner! Iy the difference in...
  2. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Clutch change time

after a few months of cash being tied up and unable tochnage clutch its now time to get it done. I've got the advantage of my girfriends brother being a mechanic so we can get this done pretty easy. I've just to supply the parts for us I'm just going to buy an exedy oem clutch, honda mtf3...
  3. NIGHTHAWKEP3

spoon 4-2 manifold advice needed! asap!

I'm looking at buying a spoon 4-2 manifold found a cracking bargain for a cracking price used is only the 4-2 manifold Question though what downpipe would I mate to it as I'm looking to keep car MOT friendly an not have to change decat to cat for test etc Would using a dc5 downpipe be...
  4. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Photoshop skills required**EP3** Wheel choices

I've been looking at getting the car looking the way I want it and doing some mods along the way aswell . In need of someones expert photoshop abilities I've got a NHB Civic Ep3 type R and have looked at 4 sets of wheels all in xxr range to be alittle different if you could photoshop them onto...
  5. NIGHTHAWKEP3

password jdm power intake carbon fibre! advice needed!

Is very true mate I have noticed that with people selling used gruppe m's on ebay etc and are still getting almost 450+back for them again! I haven't either mate that was also something that had made me think it would be rather unique as you said a lot of ek9 owners etc all have them an seem to...
  6. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Definitely mate could agree with you more there I've done nothing except try to research the best parts for what I'm looking for! Specially considering the money involved in doing so. Have you seen or know anyone running password jdm intake? Also what gains did your tegiwa give? Credit where...
  7. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Definitely mate could agree with you more there I've done nothing except try to research the best parts for what I'm looking for! Specially considering the money involved in doing so. Have you seen or know anyone running password jdm intake? Also what gains did your tegiwa give? Credit where...
  8. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Definitely does mate I realised that when I saw it with it only being 219 on its own then the relocation kit with battery 155 and larger cone 100 again excluding tax lol gets pricey pretty quick! Happy days it was when I read the fast car feature of initial g's civic frankenstein build with arc...
  9. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Very true mate I found a full package on funkypower worked out to be 496 all in including battery,relocation kit and induction with larger cone! I just like the way it looks mate but have to admit want an induction to give the engine the better performance. I like the tegiwa but I'd rather have...
  10. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Not a problem atall mate I think it just looks mint to be fair although 18bhp seems bit to good to be true but aem v2 boasts the same gains I'm sure according to abpmotorsport retail. I like the was both gruppe m an tegiwa replica look but I personally like the way password jdm fufills both...
  11. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Tegiwa EP3 Brake Stopper Fitting Guide

Received my brake stopper last week fitted it on saturday looked easy todo with help of this guide took me 20mins all in to get it fitted really have to admit for sitting with standard brake setup it is soo underrated I feel the pedal is so much firmer with less spongey feel looking forward to...
  12. NIGHTHAWKEP3

I've came acroos this intake on funkypower website and was wondering if anyone has any detail about it if they are runningit in there CTR? I couldn't read the newby intake article as it said it was shut this being the reason I post this thread to save that reply! I'm looking at buying the...
  13. NIGHTHAWKEP3

best pound for pound brake pad!!

I've been looking at discs aswell to be honest mate haven't purchased any funds won't allow it yet but I saw ABP motorsport are doing both front and rear pair of Stoptech discs for £330 all in which I thought sounded quite good
  14. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Not a bother that's cool mate I can't say that anything in my paperwork indicates the chain being changed in. Next time I have the car in the garage I will have it checked over to give myself peace of mind an see how it goes from there which will most likely be when I'm getting clutch done...
  15. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Just out of curiosity loxy with your last quote "^this" does that mean that getting the chain done at this mileage is a necessity? Just wondering as couldn't quite workout what "this" had meant in your comment mate
  16. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Thanks mate I will do I've been hounding the forum to find best outcome and what I'm looking to buy everyone seems to have high feedback about for braking system:-) Do you reckon they pads are the dogs bollocks then? I'm looking forward to getting everything ordered an fitted to feel the...
  17. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

M going to buy ferodo ds2500 front an rear from grinspeed tomorrow along with new braided lines,rbf600 fluid an also a tegiwa brake stopper so brakes will be fully done correctly 1st time round:-) the pads are wearing an have been feeling very spngey since I purchased car. Discs look sound as a...
  18. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Very true Mate I don't intend on blowing up engine now when I've no expense has been spared on the running of any my other cars. Thanks mate I will tackle brakes and clutch before timing chain I've got a fair bit before I get to 100k anyway I don't really drive it as much as I did my old modded...
  19. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

For the chain to be changed only parts required are chain,tensioner and guides isn't it?
  20. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Yeah I'm sitting at just under 96k just now mate. I think I'll get clutch and chain done at same time lol bye bye bank balance lol but would rather pay cash and have a sweet running car than leave it do destroy itself
  21. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

No bother mate I've got a few things to address on the CTR at the moment starting with the brakes,then progress to clutch, hopefully won't need to do timing chain in near future but if so then it'll get done before anymore mods progress as devasting as that is lol but with faith I will get there...
  22. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Thanks mate helpful advise again there! The k100 is the cheaper of ecu's isn't it? The kpro is the top ecu isn't it? But that's fine mate will be a while before I can get up the funds to get a k100 ecu hopefully when my insurance drops again it can happen fingers crossed anyway!
  23. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Not a bother mate. What spec have you got done to your CTR looks good in your pic mate!
  24. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Is hendey within this forum in the traders section mate?
  25. NIGHTHAWKEP3

anti squeal brake shim set?!!

Thanks mate will just dive onto that site I've got everything bookmarked for ordering tomorrow:-) have to say I'm quite excited its the first things I've bought for civic apart from petrol lol
  26. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks mate that is absolutely amazing!! Least I'll have everything there for the job to be done the correct way the first time round:-)
  27. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks mate that is much appreciated I take it both front and rear are supposed to already have these shims fitted yeah? I've not had the brakes of yet to see as I've only had car for 5weeks now! In the instance do you know anywhere that I could get a set from internet dealer ??
  28. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Tomorrow is the day I intend to set right these brake of mine as they badly need done! I'm buying ferrodo pads ds2500 front and rear, hks braided lines and some nice new rbf600 fluid to compliment it all. With an addition of tegiwas own brake stopper. But from reading around this forum I...
  29. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks very much mate think as a precautionary measure I will buy they anti squeel shims for the ds2500's as I'm going to buy them tomorrow! Can you get these anywhere on the net mate?
  30. NIGHTHAWKEP3

brake cylinder master stopper advice

Happy days I'm currently running oem pads aswell and think I will invest in the ds2500's they're the pad everyone has mentioned to use as they run them aswell! It does look pretty tight in the pics but hopefully I can get in no probs atall fingers crossed anyway patience isn't a strong key of...
  31. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days mate I think I may just give it a bash an see if not then least I can say I've tried and wasn't for me! Brilliant I take it that's same setup as your running on your ctr mate?yeah? Have you got a FSU on your CTR mate? I've been trying to find places local to get it done closest I've...
  32. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Alright I see mate I'm in process of ordering pads,lines an fluids as you mentioned, very suprised you haven't felt difference everyone else has given pretty positive feedback. Hppy days mate I'm from across the bridge in Tranent,east lothian I'm going to get ds2500's front&rear,rbf600 fluid,hks...
  33. NIGHTHAWKEP3

So you don't reckon that its worth a bash I was intrigued an was going to see what they were like has been some positive feedback about them. Where about in scotland you from mate?
  34. NIGHTHAWKEP3

tegiwa solid shifter bushes

Sorry about so much threads dude I've not really been able to view the whole forum to full yet my phone shuts it down most of the time lol. But thanks for your help mate all this new uprated bushes etc are new to me especially within gearboxes etc. Will try not to thread everything I see lol Is...
  35. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Saw this item on tegiwa site an thought that the function behind it was amazing specially since considering I'm getting new brake pads,lines an fresh fluid. Only problem is though I've not heard very much about them to know if they work a sufficiently as made out in description? Any advice...
  36. NIGHTHAWKEP3

tegiwa solid shifter bushes

Have been browsing again think will need to make that my catchphrase haha But on more serious note with looking at changing my clutch I was thinking about getting a short shifter a neuspeed one an came across these solid shifter bushes! Has anyone had any experience with them to say if...
  37. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Clutch kit!

Thanks mate that's brilliant so that is basically the clutch that is required for the car then yeah? So its 38quid dearer just for the honda badge but will work the same because it is the same? Lol
  38. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Clutch kit!

Been having a browse at clutch kits is this one here from euro car parts the same exedy oem original that came with the CTR EP3 Here's the link...
  39. NIGHTHAWKEP3

camber Bolts & rear camber arms!

Perfect mate I'll get looking at that when I get a chance an will just buy it when I get brake pads atleast I'll have peace of mind :-)
  40. NIGHTHAWKEP3

That's sounds disasterous I was just wondering as they seemed scarily cheap for such a high stage of clutch! So just a ctr oem exedy would be suffice yeah? How much are we talking an where from?
  41. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Yeah talking about clutches mate skas had reckoned that my gear changing being a little like driving a lorry and finding it difficult would maybe be the resolution as my clutch hasn't been done before! Where would best place be to buy an exedy clutch for a decent price??
  42. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days mate thanks for all the advice and inputs! I Will do now worries about that!! catch up soon mate look forward to seeing and hearing of new updates!:-D
  43. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Exactly mate I like your thinking there I've just been browsing tegiwa imprts for a new clutch kit and uprated flywheel have you heard of anyone using the f1 racing flywheel? Or clutchkits? I'm just wondering as they seem seriously too cheap for what they are! Thanks mate goodluck to you...
  44. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days mate I take it the exedy comes as a full clutch kit?yeah? Sounds good I can't hack having this heavy gear change and I'm scared that by forcing it into gear I'm going to damage gearbox which I know would kill me lol! Haha can't beat a 8k change eh haha vtec yooo! Would like a nice...
  45. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Yeah I had a sneaky feeling that it may still be running on the old clutch mate did you get an uprated clutch or stick to standard mate? That's actually not a bad price atall considering the work that goes into a clutch. Yeah mate that's exactly what it is it like a lorry in all honesty trying...
  46. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Well fingers crossed mate there will be lol :-) It just might be mate I'm new to ecu tuning so still in the learning stages of that at the moment lol Aww what don't say that lol would be a heavy price for that to get done lol specially for a decent clutch kit anyway lol mind you I could rope in...
  47. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days mate that you got me in the buddy list my phone wouldn't accept it at first lol what a joke eh lol That's really good mate others have told me it would set back almost 800 all in for a brand new one but suppose the drive was worth it mate you saved money an got a minted ecu to tune up...
  48. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Yeah I had thought that mate I just love carbon fibre to match my buddyclub bonnet! Brilliant mate that's much appreciated! Can keep in touch an let me know! Thanks mate I had posted a thread about that earluier how much did your ecu set yoiu back sorry to be nosey mate just intriqued by this...
  49. NIGHTHAWKEP3

car in need of service all oils/fluids changed! advice for best!!

That's supposed to say "thank you both" funky phone spelling tonight lol
  50. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Ao you both I'm just looking around to see what beat way of keeping car performing well is! Is a cracking car an want the best performance I can have to preserve the engine an keep it all tickity boo I'll be a happy EP3 owner :-)
  51. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Yeeah I thought it would have been beastingly loud mate I've saw a lot of spoon exhaust links on youtube an they sound like rally cars on heat with the loudness! I want abit of both worlds nice noise but decent gain without going deaf haha! Nice I love carbon fibre is a weird love of mine weave...
  52. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Brilliant thanks mate that's a magic help! Will defo be getting involved with oem filters if they are rated better than any aftermarket ones! My uncle had advised me that way but looking for other opinions from likeminded owners striving for best in there type r.
  53. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days mate that's sounding absolutely amazing!! Just wondering see the tegiwa induction is that carbon fibre one? Does it work well and give good performance gain?? I bet that exhaust systme sounds the dugs danglies mate lol have you got a sound clip to hear it mate? You have the parts I'm...
  54. NIGHTHAWKEP3

I need to get them from honda I take it mate yeah? I'm looking to chanmge all filtters possible fuel filter and oil filter answell as induction to make car run sweetly! What spark plugs would you recommend I've heard hks iridiums are meant to be brilliant! But never used them before
  55. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Definitely mate totally brilliant rules my mk1 ford focus straight out when I bought my CTR :-) brilliant mate!! Have you done much to yours or mainly standard so far? I've only got a buddyclub carbon bonnet,foam induction and 6x3 oval caback induction and exhaust came with car lol will be...
  56. NIGHTHAWKEP3

You've got a few months on me mate I've had mine since mid april/may brilliant car though eh !! Have you owned one previously??
  57. NIGHTHAWKEP3

That's will definitely rule the d2's straight out of the question
  58. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks very much for the info I was just looking to keep debris floating around in amongsst the engine workings but will take your advice an let the filter do its job:-) thanks very much for the recommendation is well noted :-)
  59. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Yeah defo mate sounds like a good plan :-) my ctr is same year as yours 53/04 but nighthawk black as said in name! I haven't heard a bad thing either in all honesty everyone that's has given me advice an help on this thread has given great confidence in the purchase of eibach/SPC :-) how long...
  60. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks mate have you heard anything about the magnetic sump plugs it something I have been curious as to whether they actually work or not??
  61. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks very much mate I'm thinking the exact same I think I can safely cross they parts of my list due to high feedback saying same to use the eibach kit :-)
  62. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days sounds good I've got to admit if I could shell out I would get the big disc conversion for the front 300mm discs ho. But do your ds2500 work efficiently yeah? I'm just nit picking looking for best that I can get :-)
  63. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Got an ep3 civic type r with just under 96k on the clock. Cracking car looking to get the car fully serviced with some good engine and gearbox oils , brake fluids, spark plugs, ignition leads Also just a question are they magnetic plugs for both sump and gearbox plug? Worth the money to...
  64. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Happy days the ds2500 sound great to be honest an every other type r owner says the same that they are brilliant I'm just a nitt picker lol specially when I've never used the products before all trial and error though isn't it! No problem mate I will have a look for info on project mu's with you...
  65. NIGHTHAWKEP3

I had heard that they had quite poor cold bite also the squeal that you mentioned that would drive me crackers lol! Hate noises that shouldn't be there. But is also just like you said that everyone seems to love them who owns an ep3 I was just trying to see what else is on market front that are...
  66. NIGHTHAWKEP3

D2's I have to say look cool with the colour that they are being oustanding purple lol :-) but from what I'm hearing I'm more pushed towards eibach as it seems to be the most popular and best rated I've heard about! Thanks a huge amount means a lot!
  67. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Thanks for that Hasnic I had no clue what spc meant there lol but eiback all round is a winning combo then? I've heard on other forums mention ksprt rear arms but none on this one though! So that's best combo you would recommend yeah?
  68. NIGHTHAWKEP3

JDM rear anti roll bar!

That's brilliant mate just brilliant that's what I was looking for!!
  69. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Not that I know off but I may in future I'm just looking for best pad on market I'm kindo like that like to run best I can afford I've heard bit about the ds2500 but have heard some negatives aswell which made me shudder specially with them being one of dearest available. But you would just...
  70. NIGHTHAWKEP3

not problem mate your help is much appreciated I'm new to thsi game of powerful type r's needing good setups etc but is first time doing it an want to do it correctly first time round:-)
  71. NIGHTHAWKEP3

scottish local FSU!

Brillliant mate I have heard that its actually meant to reduce tyre wear and had the same thoughts myself to get all relevant parts fitted at same time to make it one mod instead of having to tweak time an time again until complete
  72. NIGHTHAWKEP3

JDM rear anti roll bar!

Mx5's are definitely hot right now a lot of people I know around my area have all purchased them an seem to be plenty fun to drive. Cool I've only owned this honda since I started driving always wanted one but insurance murdered me lol Thanks that's brilliant will have a rake around and...
  73. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Just thought would ask around with other type r owners to see what best were to buy! Thanks mate will defo get in contact an have a look at both links
  74. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

True mate as daft as it sounds my mum always said you get what you pay for being the reason I initally thought more money better quality. I will have a look through an see what is said I've heard a whole lot about tdi north especially but is a good bit away from me!
  75. NIGHTHAWKEP3

JDM rear anti roll bar!

Thanks mate! What do you drive? I've only driven my own type r so have no base for comparison. I have saw that places like abp motorsport do fast road setups I've been looking into getting that done aswell would like to cover the handling aspects before getting power hungry. I live just outside...
  76. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

Thanks very much help advice is valued from you both this is my 1st CTR and really don't have a clue about ecu mapping. Yeah I have an ep3 facelift model. I will do I shall check out the threads within the ecu threads about mapping! Just to ask though I'm gathering more you pay out the better...
  77. NIGHTHAWKEP3

JDM rear anti roll bar!

Thanks mate have you got one fitted? Where can I get one from? It a simple bolt on job?
  78. NIGHTHAWKEP3

Hi fellow type r owners My CTR is due for getting new brake pads was looking for some good advice from anyones past experience of brake pads & brake lines! I'm not sure whether to get oem genuine honda pads or invest in aftermarket items Any help on pricings&rating for perfomance would help...
  79. NIGHTHAWKEP3

JDM rear anti roll bar!

Was reading initial G's spec in fast car mag when his frankenstein build badass ep3 civic type r was featured he recommended anyone who owns a CTR to invest in one? Are they worth it? Is the addition to the car a worthwhile one? Also how much an where could I come across one?? Thanks
  80. NIGHTHAWKEP3

scottish local FSU!

I Stay in Tranent,East lothian only 10-15mins outside Edinburgh an have saw ABP Motorsport ad in banzai mag for fast road setup? Can anyone expand on how good the setup is? Also how does it effect tyre wear? Do you feel an immediate difference in handling? Is there any Edinburgh based firms or...
  81. NIGHTHAWKEP3

As I'm looking for info on FSU I've heard that these are two of the main components to help make it possible Which are best brand to use? Where to buy? How much? Thanks for help Much appreciated
  82. NIGHTHAWKEP3

ECU advice needed!!!

When you fit all mods to CTR what is the best way to release them? Does the car need to be remapped? An what is best way about it? To buy a Kpro, K100 or to just get an ecu reflash to accomodate mods? How much would it be to have this carried out? Estimate anyway? Ecu tuning isn't something I...
Back