• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Kirbymeister

FK2 Front lip and rear diffuser removal

I might well paint mine still on the car then, just make sure I mask it up really well
  2. Kirbymeister

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

All sorted. Cheers mate
  3. Kirbymeister

Sending payment now mate
  4. Kirbymeister

I’ll take one of these for my rear window in the standard silver and red please
  5. Kirbymeister

Fog light protectors for sale 8G/9G/10G - FN2/FK2/FK8

Do you do these in light blue for the fk2? If so I’d love a pair
  6. Kirbymeister

FK2 Front lip and rear diffuser removal

I know it should be pretty straight forward but any guides or things I need to look out for when removing the front lip and rear diffuser. Need to get them repainted and don’t want to break anything when removing them. Cheers guys
  7. Kirbymeister

FK2 Paint colour code

Awesome. I though that was the colour. I had to have a think because even though my cars black I thought the skirts and lips would just be the same black as every other colour fk2 so wouldn’t be the crystal black metallic of the car. I’ve ordered the right paint now
  8. Kirbymeister

FK2 Paint colour code

My fk2 is crystal black metallic but when you look at the rear diffuser and front lip etc they don’t look like the same metallic black as the rest of the car. I think they are Berlina black from what I’ve read online. I would have thought all fk2’s would have the same colour black skirts, lip...
  9. Kirbymeister

FK2 Error codes p0046 and p0087

I’ve cleared the error codes and going to see if they come back at all. I don’t know if it had previous work done on it and parts replaced and then someone didn’t clear the codes. I’ll keep an eye on it as the car drives and boosts fine.
  10. Kirbymeister

FK2 Error codes p0046 and p0087

I have a 2015 fk2 type r and it drives lovely with no engines lights or anything. I plugged my Carly obd adapter in and did a health check and it’s come up with p0046 turbo boost control solenoid circuit range/ performance and it’s come up with p0087 fuel rail/system pressure too low. I’ve tried...
  11. Kirbymeister

FK2 Red strip on front bumper

It’s a stick on strip. I’ve just bought one for my car. Was £45 posted I think
  12. Kirbymeister

FK2 Help with FK2 tyres

Would fitting 245/40/19 tyres cause any kind of issues at all?
  13. Kirbymeister

My facelift Ep3 (Work in progress)

You can get the mugen replica grill on eBay. There's loads of people that sell it on there. Thinks it's about £60-£70 roughly
  14. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Cheers mate. I've always liked black wheels and the polished finish is crap on these as they have been curbed and all the lacquer is lifting so best thing to do was rub them all down and go for gloss black. I'm not to sure on the wheel nuts though so I might be changing them soon for some purple...
  15. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

No worries mate not random at all. I'm afraid I've never been to Devon so must be another ep3 that looks very similar. Always fancied visiting that area one day though as I hear it's really nice down there.
  16. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Wheel refurb is underway but taking ages! ive also converted it to studs and wheel nuts instead of the horrible bolts that bmw's come with standard. Ive also replaced the front indicators, rear boot lights, M3 badge and bmw bonnet and boot badge as they were looking a little worn. Next job is to...
  17. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

I'm really enjoying it so far and will be slowly sorting all the bits out I wanna change and uprate. Just bought some stoptech front discs and fast road pads. Might get braided brake hoses soon aswell and polybush the rear end.
  18. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Nothing wrong with a silver m3 at all. I'm not usually a fan of blue cars but I've always loved this colour in the m3. Gonna start refurbishing the wheels this weekend but don't know wether to go gloss black or gunmetal grey. I love black wheels but I've had them on most of my cars so was...
  19. Kirbymeister

Trixibell's EP3 - First CTR

Cars looking really good now and coming along nicely. Bet your loving this once and the fact you can actually enjoy driving it without all the hassle like last time. What's planned next then? X
  20. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

That sucks mate. Been told about the diff in these and it's quite common they have play in them, especially the right hand side shaft. Apparently a certain amount of play is acceptable as that's how they were designed but excessive play isn't good obviously.
  21. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Cheers mate. To be honest I've never liked blue cars and wasn't really looking for this colours but it's quite rare, really good condition and full service history and I got it at a good price so went for it. I was looking at a black one with red interior but this was the better car.
  22. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

I'm gonna be getting the rear end polybushed at some point as they say it's a big improvement on them. Been looking at the trailing arm bushes and diff carrier ones aswell.
  23. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Is your knocking from the rear a slack diff? It's quite a common problem on these apparently as mine does this slightly aswell. As for the seats the interior looks a lot better in the flesh. I wasn't to sure at first but it's really grown on me and looks really good with the matching exterior...
  24. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Cheers mate. Don't see many in this colour and its really good condition for the year. Want to get a full stainless exhaust system and get the wheels refurbished gloss black. I've just bought some stoptech front discs and fast road pads as the discs need changing. Also waiting to get my private...
  25. Kirbymeister

My Type R Replacement

Went and picked this up from Leicester on Friday to replace the Type R although i still have the Type R on the Drive at the moment. Heres a few pics from the advert as i haven't taken any pics yet. Spent the whole of Sunday cleaning it inside and out and it looks a lot better now. Ive ordered **...
  26. Kirbymeister

Spread the word, lol. I need it sold asap to recoup some cash and pay for the m3. Would Esther it went to someone on here as I know they would take care of it rather than some Chave who's just gonna thrash the tits off it 24/7.
  27. Kirbymeister

Cheers mate. I do love the civic and will always love hondas but i miss rear wheel drive and have just put a deposit on an m3 so the civic needs to go to get some money back. I think ive priced the civic fairly considering how much money and effort has gone into it. As for the M3 im liking the...
  28. Kirbymeister

I have now put up a proper for sale thread so feel free to have a look.
  29. Kirbymeister

I replaced the steering rack slider about 2 weeks ago and the knock that I used to have has now gone. Is typical that I've changed literally ever other part and couldn't get rid of the knock and the last and cheapest part sorted it! Haha. I'm in Margate in Kent and I'm going to put it up for...
  30. Kirbymeister

I'm selling the civic to get a Bmw e46 m3. I've always wanted to try one and nows the time I think. I'll get a full spec list of what's been done to the civic and get a for sale thread up Thai weekend.
  31. Kirbymeister

Finally decided the civic is definitely going up for sale. Just need to take my private plate off and get a proper for sale advert up with full spec list etc.
  32. Kirbymeister

I've always fancied one and miss rear wheel drive and I've got an opportunity to get a really clean and well looked after one so its a one time kinda deal and don't wanna miss out on it. Just not sure how much to put the civic up for sale for.
  33. Kirbymeister

Don't get me wrong I love the civic and have always loved Hondas but I've always wanted an e46 m3 and a member of the family had one there selling soon and looks like I might be able to get a good deal on it so I'm seriously tempted. The amount of time and effort I've put into the civic though...
  34. Kirbymeister

If anyone's interested this should be up for sale fairly soon. Getting an MOT on it this week and have to get my private plate off the car then I'll do a proper for sale thread.
  35. Kirbymeister

CW UKDM DC2 - First Type-R

Really clean looking car mate. looks like you've got a good one there. I always wanted a teg type r but couldn't find a good one in my price range back in the day and also insurance was ridiculous on it so i ended up getting a R32 gtst Skyline which believe it or not was cheaper to insure. Still...
  36. Kirbymeister

I'm glad you've got a really nice one now and can finally enjoy it. I've got a private plate on mine and what I did was I got some plates made up from a company on eBay and then when they sent me the paperwork to say the plate was all sorted I just fitted them straight on so I didnt have to wait...
  37. Kirbymeister

Hopefully you'll have better luck with this one and can just enjoy driving it. The plate looks pretty sweet aswell. I'm in the middle of thinking about selling my ep3 but then I have a drive of it and remember why I love it so much so I just don't know what to do at the moment.
  38. Kirbymeister

Spark plug cover has been resprayed now and looks a lot better in black. Just need to fit my 70mm throttle body and new tps sensor and spray the rbc inlet gloss black. Ive got a few plans on the cards like a mugen spoiler and a few other things but I'm also thinking about selling the civic now...
  39. Kirbymeister

White Integra DC5

Gorgeous looking dc5 mate. Still really want one of these one day when im bored of the ep3
  40. Kirbymeister

UKDM EP3 Mugen Sports Suspension? Best UK Street coilover system?

Sounds like the mugen setup might be your best bet as like you say coilovers are a bit hard for day to day driving but luckily I don't use my car for work so do very little mileage. The HSD's have got a 16 stage dampening so you have got the option to change how hard or soft you want it.
  41. Kirbymeister

I'm not gonna lie, mine is a very hard ride but then again ive got the car fully polybushed, lowered and the roads where i live are terrible so that doesn't help to be honest. I know its not the same thing so i dont know how much of a comparison it is but when i had my Altezza with the Hsd's...
  42. Kirbymeister

Hi mate I've got the hsd coilovers on my ep3 and there very good quality. I had a set in my old Toyota Altezza and was impressed with them on that so decided on a set for the civic. There well made and have plenty of adjustment aswell. Hsd aren't owened by drifworks but they do have special...
  43. Kirbymeister

Yeah it didn't turn out very well. It's actually a glitter red colour but went a kind of brown instead so it's being respected at some point when I fit all my coloured hoses etc. still so many things I wanna do to it. Mugen spoiler is next on the list I think aswell as a new timing chain and...
  44. Kirbymeister

just fitted my asr rear brace and skunk 2 lower control arms. I've now removed the purple beaks lower bar as I didnt see the point in having that and the asr brace both fitted.
  45. Kirbymeister

r llttle update now I've got rid of the k&n and fitted a mugen airbox instead and a high flow fuel rail. I've also got a 70mm rheottle body to go on aswell but haven't got around to fitting it yet as I want to take the rbc manifold off and paint it black and refit it with the throttle body.
  46. Kirbymeister

Skunk 2 rear lca bolts

Nice one. Cheers for that mate. The bolts that came with my arms are a bigger thread and dont fit so I've had to re use the standard bolts for the time being but there not ideal due to the new arms being thicker so I need to order some longer bolts.
  47. Kirbymeister

Skunk 2 rear lca bolts

Anyone know what size bolt and thread the 3 bolts are that connect the rear lca's? I need to order some longer bolts with the same thread.
  48. Kirbymeister

Skunk 2 rear lca bolts

I've just fitted a set of skunk 2 rear lower lca's and an asr brace. I've got the special socket needed for removing the 3 star shaped bolts on the arms. I'm after some longer bolts to replace the standard ones as the bolts I got with my arms seem to be a bigger thread so won't actually go in...
  49. Kirbymeister

Jonnyplusone's 05 Cosmic EP3

When you put it like that I suppose it's not very far out at all then really. Still need to really get mine set up as I've had loads of bits fitted and it could do with it. Still fancy a set of grid drifts and get rid of the boosts I've got but don't know how wide I can get away with and what...
  50. Kirbymeister

I'd probably have it done again just to make sure. I've gotta get mine done again soon as I'm getting polybushes fitted on the whole rear end, new lca's and asr brace so not doubt it will all need setting up again. My first car was a crx vtec and still kinda regret selling it as it was...
  51. Kirbymeister

That's good to know. I had a set of work 3 piece split rims on the civic before the boosts and they rubbed the rear arches ever so slightly over speed bumps. I was gonna get the arches rolled but decided to get rid of the wheels instead.
  52. Kirbymeister

Another little mod

Looking good. Black car with tints always looks good in my opinion and the bright wheels really set it off.
  53. Kirbymeister

Looks awesome mate. I've got a cosmic myself and used to have a Milano red on white rota grids then I painted them candy purple. I've got black rota boosts on mine at the moment but really fancy a set of grid drifts. Do they fit with no rubbing or anything in that width and offset?
  54. Kirbymeister

low rev missfire mystery, help please

I've also ran injector cleaner and octane booster in before and thought that helped untill a week later when it came back. I've also fully cleaned the rheottle body inside and out along with the idle control calve but the problem still comes and goes randomly. I'm fitting a new 70mm theottle...
  55. Kirbymeister

low rev missfire mystery, help please

Possibly throttle position sensor as I've got the same kind of symptoms on mine and was recommended it's probably the sensor so I've bought a new once to replace it and see if that sorts it. The thing with mine is it will play up for a while the. Work fine for weeks then come back again.
  56. Kirbymeister

RemKingston's K20A2 powered RWD Classic Mini

This looks amazing and bet it goes like a rocket. My ep3 feels fairly quick with 240bhp and this is much lighter so bet it really shifts. There's a guy round my way who had a mini with the b16a2 in it which has also been mapped and that things really quick. Keep up the good work mate.
  57. Kirbymeister

My Type R

Looks really clean. Also love the wheels! Thinking of doin mine purple soon to match the other bits on the car. What other plans have you got for it?
  58. Kirbymeister

Ep3 Unsilenced or silenced exhaust system???

I've got a dc sports decat manifold and dc sports cat back and it's very loud and to loud for my liking as my cars a daily driver.
  59. Kirbymeister

70mm throttle body to mugen airbox?

I haven't got the intake pipe yet so haven't had a chance to try it but hopefully it will fit. There's plenty of people using 70mm throttle bodies so it can't be that hard to do. Cheers
  60. Kirbymeister

Nice one. Cheers for that mate. Hopefully it's the same for the ep3 then.
  61. Kirbymeister

I'm about to get my 70mm throttle body fitted and have also got a mugen airbox on the way. The thing is with the throttle body being 70mm will the standard intake pipe stretch enough to fit it? If not does anyone know where or what intake hose I will need? cheers Rob
  62. Kirbymeister

EP3 steering rack slider

Hi mate just a few questions about your knocking sound. Did you mainly get it over rough ground? ive fitted brand new HSD coilovers with adjustable top mounts, new track rod ends, bottom ball joints, drop links and fully polybushed the car ans still have this annoying knocking. Ive just bought...
  63. Kirbymeister

Front Knocking & Light Steering

I wouldn't rule out the steering rack though as I still have the same kind of knocking that you have and so far I've fitted brand new hsd coilovers with adjustable top mounts, new track rod ends, bottom ball joints, fully polybushed the underside of the car, new roll bar drop links all round and...
  64. Kirbymeister

Throttle body and fuelling?

That's a relief then because I can't quite afford to get it mapped again at the moment but also don't wanna do any damage so thought I'd try and find out first. It runs pretty rich and you can smell it aswell. Ideally I'd like to get a set of cams then get it mapped to get the best out of it all.
  65. Kirbymeister

I've bought a brand new throttle position sensor and am getting that fitted and setup at the same time the throttle body is fitted. I was just wondering if it will run lean at all due to the increase in airflow from the bigger throttle body.
  66. Kirbymeister

Hi guys I've got an ep3 which is running an RBC inlet manifold, k&n typhoon induction kit, dc sports decat exhaust manifold and dc sports catback system. It's got the k100 fitted and mapped for all those modifications. I've just bought a 70mm throttle body and am also fitting a mugen airbox and...
  67. Kirbymeister

I've always loved Hondas and had an ep3 a couple of years ago and kinda missed it when I sold it so ended up getting this one and I'm keeping it now and gradually changing everything to the way I want it.
  68. Kirbymeister

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Gotta love an old skool honda. Reminds me of my crx that I wished I had never sold. Was my first car and paid a fortune for Insurance. Just love the look of old civics and crx's.
  69. Kirbymeister

Yeah I know what you mean. As much as I loved the Works I always worried about denying one or curbing it as when I bought them I stripped them down, had the lips blasted and powder coated gloss black and the center spoke section done in glitter red and then polishe all the 36 bolts per wheel...
  70. Kirbymeister

Cheers mate. There not bad wheels to be honest. Had a set of Grids on my last Ep3 and would prefer a set of Grid drifts or Gtr's but I got a deal on the boosts so went for them. I did have a set of 3 piece Work split rims fitted to the car for quite a whole but got rid of them for these wheels...
  71. Kirbymeister

I know what you mean. I'd rather have a real carbon bonnet but that will have to wait a while and I wrapped my one because the paint underneath is really bad. Ideally I want a full respray if I can save enough cash up. There's so many things I want to do to it but I've got to pace myself as its...
  72. Kirbymeister

Yeah I'm thinking of selling it or seeing if someone wants to swap it for a standard facelift grill. It's got a brand new red honda badge which was about £27 on its own. Can't believe how expensive the badges are.
  73. Kirbymeister

Thanks mate. As much as I like the mugen grill in thinking of going back to a standard grill as I still love the look of the standard type r grill.
  74. Kirbymeister

Cheers. Was going for the purple and black theme. Was going to paint the wheels purple instead of black but went for the black and purple stripe instead. I'm still thinking I might respray one of them to see how they look completely purple then if I like it I'll do the rest of them. I've got a...
  75. Kirbymeister

Ash's Ep3 Cage fitted, cadwell trackday vid

Have to say I love the look of this. Really fancy a carbon bonnet on mine and the splitter really sets the front end off aswell.
  76. Kirbymeister

Hi guys been a member on here for quite a while but have never got around to actually putting a build thread up so I'm going to attempt to start one. Here's my 2004 Cosmic Grey Ep3 that I'm slowly getting the way I want it. When I bought the car just under a year ago it already had the Eurospec...
  77. Kirbymeister

Centre console bulbs

Forgot to say to change it you just need to pull the center console out and unplug the connections and you will be able to see the heater control into and the bulbs are pretty easy to get to.
  78. Kirbymeister

Centre console bulbs

Alright mate I had the same issue. You hair need to buy a new bulb from honda. It's a special sized twist type bulb. It only uses 2 bulbs to light all 3 heater control nobs. Think it cost me about £7 for both bulbs or something like that. I ordered mine from one of the honda dealer traders on...
  79. Kirbymeister

Coilivers

I've got Hsd coilovers on mine as there very good quality with plenty of adjustment. Bought mine from driftworks as you can pay for them monthly and they even do 0% Interest free so when I got mine I think they were about £700 odd and I paid a £250 down payment and just spread the rest out over...
  80. Kirbymeister

rattle/knoking over rough road tarmac or pot holes

im leaning towards steering rack myself as its the only thing that i haven't replaced and i still get knocking over bumps. Ive fitted new drop links front and rear, track rod ends, bottom front lower ball joints, brand new hsd coilovers with adjustable top mounts and also fully polybushed the...
  81. Kirbymeister

I've had this knocking for ages now and I've since fitted brand new drop links front and rear, track rod ends, front lower balljoints, fully polybushed the entire car and have also fitted brand new hsd coilovers with adjustable top mounts so I've literally changed everything it could be and I...
  82. Kirbymeister

Ep3 big brake kit fitment

Cheers for the reply mate. I've already emailed the company selling the kit but they Also said they didn't know if it fits the type r as they didn't know if there's any differences between the two models.
  83. Kirbymeister

Ep3 big brake kit fitment

Hi guys I'm looking at big brake kits for my ep3 at the moment and quite fancy a set of wildwood 4 pots. I've seen the kit I'd like but it's listed for a civic si. Application: Honda Civic Si (5 stud) - 2004 Caliper Type: Dynalite Lug/Radial: L Disc Size (Diam x Width): 310 x 21 Possible...
  84. Kirbymeister

I thought I'd fixed the knocking as the passenger side front anti rollbar drop link wasn't fully tightened so had a little play in it. I tightened it up and the knocking went away bit I've since fitted polybushes on the entire front end and the knocking has come back so I need to double check...
  85. Kirbymeister

Fatboys EP3

If you ever do go for an is200 try and get a Toyota Altezza instead with the 3sge Yamaha beams engine in it. 210bhp standard out of a 2 litre 4 cylinder. Awesome engine and much better than the underpowered 6 cylinder in the is200. Both cars look identical so you have all the looks and a bit...
  86. Kirbymeister

Fatboys EP3

I honestly really like them as they drive really nice, are well specced and look good and also well made. They are going so cheap now like you say. I sold my altezza last November for £3500 which wasn't a bad price but it had quite a few good mods like coilovers, 2 way diff etc. Wish I could of...
  87. Kirbymeister

Fatboys EP3

Yeah the is200 isn't good on fuel and not very quick for the size of the engine. There very well built though and very reliable and also handle well. I've had 3 of them so far and Also an Altezza with the Yamaha beams engine in it and that's a much better engine than the 6 cylinder the is200...
  88. Kirbymeister

Fatboys EP3

I know what you mean. I loved my CRX and only sold it to get something turbo and got a Toyota starlet gt turbo at the time and that was also a fun little car. The is200 isn't the fastest of cars I have to agree, haha. I've had 2 is200 as I really like the looks and the ways they drive but...
  89. Kirbymeister

Fatboys EP3

Nice selection of cars you've had there. My first car was a white CRX vtec and I absolutely loved it and still miss it. I've also had an Ek vti and a few is200 as well and a couple of Ep3's. The civic looks nice mate. You got much planned for it?
  90. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

My Ep is a daily drive but I don't need to use my car for work so it more for a bit of fun and getting from A To B. It pretty stiff already with the coilovers. Gonna get front upper strut brace at some point to. My next job is to fix the rattling baffle in my dc sports mid section as it's doing...
  91. Kirbymeister

Think I've pretty much sorted my knocking sound when I go over bumps. I've just bought a full poly bush kit and was fitting the front anti roll bar bushes and grabbed the anti roll bar and it had play in it on the drop link passenger side. I bought and fitted new drop links about 6 months ago...
  92. Kirbymeister

My milano red ep3

Looking good mate and love the wheels on it, Rota torques? Was gonna get torques for mine but ended up getting rota boosts instead. I'm after a mugen rear wing for mine at some point but also looked at the buddy club one like yours. Have to put some pics up when you've got it fitted.
  93. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

I never had the CRX on a dyno so not to sure what kinda power it was running but it was pretty quick and it would keep up with and ep3,'s when they would try and have a little race now and again. I've got some pics of it but there all on my computer and when I come on here I'm usually on my...
  94. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

Part of me wished I never sold my CRX as it was literally spotless and mint condition. I did quite a lot of mods to it and sort of regret selling it as I've never found another one for sale as clean. I've just bought the mugen grill and would like the spoiler and facet splitter at some point but...
  95. Kirbymeister

I did think the engine mounts could cause some knocking if there worn but mine has the polybush inserts fitted so I assume there ok. I have just ordered the full polybush kit and am going to get that fitted in the next week or 2 so will let you know if that cures any of the knocks I'm having.
  96. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

I haven't got a thread yet. I keep thinking about starting one but never get around to it. I might do at some point if I'm not to lazy. Part of me would like to keep mine NA and squeeze as much power as I can out of it but I've also always wanted a supercharged vtec at some point. My first car...
  97. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

I've got a facelift cosmic grey one running 240bhp at the moment. Ideally I want to supercharge it or stay NA and get cams, bigger throttle body etc and squeeze a bit more power out of it. Yeah I have the DC sports decay manifold and car back system and mine is very loud which isn't ideal...
  98. Kirbymeister

02 milano ep3 project

Splitter looks like a good fit. I wanna get the mugen spoiler and splitter for mine. Just bought the mugen grill and fancy a carbon bonnet at some point but will have to save for that one. I've had a skyline, impreza sti, 200sx and allsorts but always miss it when I don't have a honda and am...
Back