• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. C

FN2 RBC on an FN2

Oh! Not sure what happened there...: https://www.tegiwaimports.com/honda-rbc-inlet-manifold-uncut-civic-fn2-type-r.html https://www.tegiwaimports.com/tegiwa-rbc-iacv-block-off-plate-civic-type-r-fn2-k20z.html
  2. C

FN2 RBC on an FN2

Hi guys So after a bit of researching, I'm deciding to put an RBC on my car prior to remapping. I've read that this gives good mid-range gains and is not that far behind the RRC in terms of figures, and is nearly half the cost. Anyone fitted one to theirs? I'm just wanting to confirm I...
  3. C

FN2 FN2 airbox mod

Sounds good, so there's no detrimental affect to removing the fins? i'm really not bothered about noise, I want practical performance. If chopping the fins made it louder but slower I'd leave it alone!
  4. C

FN2 FN2 airbox mod

Perfect that mate - thanks!
  5. C

FN2 FN2 airbox mod

I'll have to have a look but after a long weekend I'm being lazy so I'll ask here... do you cut all fins from the air box top & bottom? I've read somewhere that some fins should be left in?
  6. C

FN2 FN2 Exhaust Options & Opinions

Yeah that's my plan, I want to get it mapped. But I dont want to really kill off any potential gains by going back to the standard catback. However from what I've read since I posted, all the power is held back by the standard manifold design and cat, not the standard catback itself (catback...
  7. C

FN2 FN2 Exhaust Options & Opinions

Hi all Im in a bit of a conundrum at the minute. My FN2 is a daily, quite heavily used doing over 1000 miles per month. Im wanting some nice power out of it, but nothing silly (wont be going FI) and I'm keen to keep the driveability element of it. I've recently had fitted an AEM short...
  8. C

FN2 FN2 Rear Shocks

Hi all One of the jobs to do on my new to me Type R is to replace the rear shocks as they feel like they have zero damping on them. I've looked online and found these, however not sure what the difference is? https://www.autodoc.co.uk/sachs/12794426...
  9. C

possible attempted hack?

I've just had this email too, I'm never on here now since selling my civic. Email said IP address: 162.247.72.212 Means nothing to me but may help out lol.
  10. C

Is it the abp eibach that give the 30mm drop.

The spring sleeves go where the coils are closest together to stop them binding. Fit the springs so the writing on them is the right way up :)
  11. C

Urgent - Will these rails fit?

Did you ever get some rails made up mate?
  12. C

Dc5 lsd

It is possible, but I've spoken to Grinspeed today and there's 30 shims so quite low chances!
  13. C

Dc5 lsd

I'm trying to find this out too :)
  14. C

Dc5 lsd

I believe so - within reason. There are a few different shim sizes - you might get lucky and the shim you have will fit, or you might have to buy a new shim (about £12). Unfortunately the only way to find out is to split the box and measure - which means the car is off the roads for a bit, or...
  15. C

Ebay m2 exhaust pro spec style

I didn't think m2 were eBay specials? Eightspeed sell them anyway? Anyhoo, someone I know has one mated up to a dc 4-2-1 decat header with rbc, k100, map etc and made over 240bhp at tdi north. Fit looks to be quite good but his setup is LOUD - on the 105db limit for track
  16. C

japspeed short ram air filter

Not sure but apparently they're out of stock?
  17. C

Croft - 25/5/13

Hmm, that's usually my description haha
  18. C

Croft - 25/5/13

A few of us are booking up for the Good Friday trackday - great little track!
  19. C

Steering Rack

Bumpety bump? Best place to get the parts? What are Lings like? Thanks
  20. C

FRSU North east teesside or newcastle area?

I'd like to know this too, in the Newcastle area. There's Revolution but dont know if they're any good
  21. C

EP3 Trackday Wheel/tyre recommendations

I also use standard rims, and have used 215 45 17 Kumho V70's with no issues. Now run 215 40 15 AD08's (ebay bargain) and they're good also! Agree with baffled sump comments if going with semi slicks :) Do you have a geo set-up?
  22. C

Severe pulling when under power! MeisterR

Any updates? A dodgy diff might cause this, or crap tyres and running that much power? I'm running cheapo road tyres at the minute just to kill them off, and the difference between them and the good tyres I had beforehand is night and day, tram-lining all over the shop. I find its exaggerated by...
  23. C

Meister R or BC coilovers

Thanks mate. Very tempted by the Meisters from asking around, and customer service is a big thing for me from previous experience of coilovers starting to leak!
  24. C

Meister R or BC coilovers

Hi chaps I'm going to be buying coilovers within the next few weeks and the ones within my budget are Meister R or BC BR series. Just wondering what peoples opinions are on each, any issues with them, customer service after buying them, the likelihood of getting them refurbed or rebuilt...
  25. C

Best ep3 ride height

I have Tein S-Techs, they lower 20mm rear and 15mm front. Sits like this: They've been ideal for me on the road and dont have much bother with speed bumps (even with a 2.5" bpipe) They even cope pretty well with track use whilst still being comfortable on the road, but I'm going...
  26. C

Honda S660 Concept revealed

I thought Citroen DS3!
  27. C

Scraping exhaust at standard height!

If you loosen off the joints then you might be able to twist the bpipe and tighten the joints back up, allowing it to sit closer to the floor of the car. This might depend on the type of exhaust though, it worked with my DC! Either that or drive a different route? Lol
  28. C

OEM Exhaust

No it wont fit, flanges are at different angles. So you would have to fit a whole OEM system, or you could buy a standard backbox and get an exhaust place to modify it to fit, then you'll still have a 2.5" bpipe but with a quieter backbox and the look you like?
  29. C

Which camber bolts give the most negative camber?

Thanks for the help :) Had a quick look at the usual websites but cant find any camber bolts for an accord, may have to ring TDi North. Cheers :)
  30. C

Hmmm interesting, thanks for that! If they fit an fn2 would they fit an ep3?
  31. C

Hi guys As title really, which camber bolts give the most negative camber? I'm currently using SPC bolts set at -1.2 degrees and I'm after more camber, but I don't think these bolts will give any more. Thanks
  32. C

7.5 inch wheel query, lowered

I've just fitted evo 5 OZ F1's to my car - I believe they're 7.5 wide 38 offset. Running 215 45 17 tyres. Lowered on Tein S-tech springs (25mm drop) with -1.5 degrees camber rear and -1.2 degrees front, no scrubbing at all :)
  33. C

Plasti dip?

Im thinking of doing my wheels with it, but what happens when it gets stone chipped? Would it just start to peel?
  34. C

100 today

Mine will be celebrating 70 at Cadwell on Sunday :D
  35. C

Hondata reflash

As above. My mate sent CPL his ECU and had it back, with k100 reflashed ECU, 2 days later. Cant complain with that!! Plus he's getting it remapped on monday as he has race header and RBC manifold. Seems a good step, get the reflash, and if/when you want more, buy the parts and you have a...
  36. C

Hondata reflash

Yeah its worth it! But his plan was always to get it remapped, which is happening monday. That's where the biggest gain will be, but he said the low vtec and higher redline was really helpful on track! He said it never dropped out of vtec :)
  37. C

Hondata reflash

My mate has this fitted, he said the biggest difference is the lowered vtec point making it much easier to drive around track. Im thinking of going this way, I have a 4-2-1 manifold and RBC in the garage, but buying a house may mean adding these is out the window :( so reflash may be the way...
  38. C

Hondata reflash

I'd be happy with 225bhp from just a reflash, and the ability to remap in thr future. I have same airbox too just different exhaust. Food for thought!
  39. C

HKS+TODA +HONDATA flashpro

If you're on standard suspension or lowering springs, then for a FRSU you'll need front camber bolts and rear adjustable camber arms. If you're on coilovers, you'll still need the rear adjustable camber arms but depending on coilover type, the front camber can be adjusted by the top mounts. On...
  40. C

Aemv2 fitted

Yeah I would say so, I was surprised at the difference low down the rev range, felt much more responsive!
  41. C

Aemv2 fitted

I got the Teg M mate, but how do you mean work differently? Sounds quite similar in vtec, but sounds like its sucking more if that's what you mean?
  42. C

Aemv2 fitted

With my typhoon you could hear it winding up from about 4.5k rpm, then over 6k rpm it was LOUD :D Needs to be in vtec :)
  43. C

AEM CAI 'Hydro-locking' - engine side effects?

So Tegiwa is the way forward ;) haha
  44. C

You know the heatsoak thing

I'm sure you'll love it :cool: Like you say it was cheap enough anyway!
  45. C

The typhoon or v2 arent the best for power gains, and you will get heatsoak if sat in traffic, but the heatsoak doesnt render the car un-driveable. They sound amazing, much louder than the aem cai and apparantly the hondata airbox mod doesnt give much noise. As its a daily I'd be tempted to...
  46. C

That or v2 or typhoon for noise and little cost if not bothered about power :D
  47. C

Yeah a little bit, nothing to write home about though! Certainly never made me want to take it off :)
  48. C

I ran a K&N typhoon on numerous trackdays without issue mate :) Was neck and neck all day with my mates civic running an aem cai
  49. C

Good point batman. How deep are we talking to submerge the filter?
  50. C

Always wondered if this would work? Or dipping the clutch?
  51. C

Cutting straight is fine :) just wondering if they actually work. My car is a daily driver, wondering if I've done the right thing now. Considering the Hondata airbox mod but not sure what power these can run - I have an RBC and full exhaust to be fitted, and getting k100 and map
  52. C

What do you guys think of this? Anyone using one? http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=mazda&model=RX8&year=ALL&level1=AIR+INDUCTION&level2=INTAKE+%26+FILTER+ACCESSORIES&level3=&id_product=1046 I've just bought a CAI and thinking of installing one for piece of mind
Back