• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. GarryK20

Tyre size advice 17 x7.5 ET45

Any pics of set up? I dont want to change my frsu as I've been tweaking it for year and I'm happy with it.
  2. GarryK20

Tyre size advice 17 x7.5 ET45

Hello I have 17 x 7.5 et45 wheels on my ep3 with 215 40 17 tyres. I would like to go for 215 45 17 as I want to change my tyre to r888r. Currently the car has zero rubbing issues whatsoever. Car is lowered on coilovers with -1.5 camber at the rear and-1 degree camber on the front Will this...
  3. GarryK20

54 plate ep3 alarm going off

Hello, not been on here in years. Ive accidentally let my car battery go flat (car is barely used anymore :(). Normally its just a case of charging the battery and it's fine. However yesterday I did this and the alarm is going off. The alarm going on for about 15 seconds then goes off and back...
  4. GarryK20

'06 Cosmic Prem K100 EP3 - Written off

Looking good so far
  5. GarryK20

M2 Inlet Manifold

Essentially think the same as others, you get what you pay for. Either get an RBC or a genuine skunk 2. I have a skunk 2 pro series with skunk 2 70mm throttle body and skunk 2 fuel rail and never looked back. Build quality and gains are fantastic. I'm getting over 250bhp on mine with suitable...
  6. GarryK20

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

So now there are a couple of bits on the car which failed I decided to strip all the suspension down and inspect everything and overhaul as required. Before this I decided to sort the garage out and paint all the walls and then the floor. Also bought a new bench etc So the first item I bought...
  7. GarryK20

Thanks for the feedback on tyres, I'm certainly going to change them. Just need to wait untill the current ones wear out! Took the car for an MOT last month and for the first time it failed. It failed as since the car was stood for so long with the handbrake on the rear calipers were sticking...
  8. GarryK20

Cosmic Grey EP3

Some nice progress so far, keep it up!
  9. GarryK20

thanks man, yeah it's getting there slowly. Things aren't progressing as much as before these days now I have another baby due in a month. Yes I do, all parts I took off are safe in the boxes which the new parts came in, so it's possible to put it back to standard, although that would take an...
  10. GarryK20

Update, cars now has 3inch exhaust fitted with all stainless fittings etc. Work carried out is second to none from The guys who did the work, looks almost too good to have under the car. I will be hoping to back there in the summer to get some more exhaust fabrication carried out small bit of...
  11. GarryK20

Cosmic EP3

Looking good so far, keep it up.
  12. GarryK20

Thanks for all the feedback! small update tailpipe is getting fitted next week, based on the poll thread I will be having it straight out instead of angled. also when I had the wheels off I noticed the condition of my rear tyre had got very hot from oulton park, I have driven on the road...
  13. GarryK20

Update, progress 24mm arb fitted now for the bad news, the arb does not fit in conjunction with the tdi north 3inch back box, I have bought a 3inch skunk box and new flange & fixings etc. Car is booked into an exhaust fabricator next week to have fitted to my car. The silencer is a lot...
  14. GarryK20

black silicone hose kit

I highly recommend the jsperformance hoses, I have the coolant kit, intake hose and the ancillary kit with the stainless clips supplied by them. I have no issues at all, look on my thread for pics
  15. GarryK20

CW DC5- K20 FAK

Nice work!
  16. GarryK20

Got the car running again, happy days. Turns out there was two things wrong. To cut a long story short I accidentally pulled on the 1st lambda sensor when taking the box out and repaired it by putting the wires in the correct way based on the new geniune one I bought. Thing is two of the wires...
  17. GarryK20

Urgent help, immobiliser

Yeah thats at the plan for tonight, I have put the software on my laptop and plugged it in. When I plug it in it shows as online on the bottom left but ignition off even though it is on. Do do you have any ideas why I won't let me in? ive not used kmanaher before, normally leave it to tdi...
  18. GarryK20

Urgent help, immobiliser

Anyone?
  19. GarryK20

Urgent help, immobiliser

Already checked inertia switch and all ok. car does have a kpro fitted and installed by tdi north
  20. GarryK20

HELP Small Update, car is now back together and just tried to start it and it turns over but will not fire at all. I am not getting the key light illuminating on the dash at all and I'm not sure if this is normal or it means my keys have lost their code as the car has been in bits for ages can...
  21. GarryK20

Urgent help, immobiliser

Evening i need a quick answer and hopefully some advice. Just got my ep3 back together after changing clutch, battery was off for over a month, now the car won't start. The fob works and engine turned over fine etc but no sign of firing at all. the main question I have is can anyone tell me...
  22. GarryK20

Thanks for the feedback ^^^ pointless mod which I forgot about heres a pic of knackered clutch plate done some more work on the car, done oil filter & changed lower coolant hose. Got the subframe back on and all mounts etc are now in, was a pain to get the mounts all aligned with them...
  23. GarryK20

My Cosmic Grey Premier Edition Type R

Looking good so far
  24. GarryK20

Spent a little time on the car over the weekend. Now got the gearbox on, and mounts. Also got the subframe all cleaned painted and assembled ready to go in. next steps, change engine oil & filter before everything goes in so I don't get oil over cleaned parts. Fit silicone lover coolant...
  25. GarryK20

Got the gearbox off two weeks ago and noticed two of my engine mounts were knackered so I have to order some more, they came this week got a full billet set of innovative mounts and the additional front mount which you don't get in the kit, unfortunately they don't sell this in billet...
  26. GarryK20

Here is a few pics from Oulton park last October, Last time I used the car
  27. GarryK20

I'm back Not been on here for ages for various reasons, I have made some progress. cant remember if I mentioned but my clutch was on its way so I have a stage 3 clutch to go in with a braided line. Car is currently in bits p, I started it last week and spent about 4 hours on it. Everything is...
  28. GarryK20

Not been on here in ages, life been a little hectic with new arrival and buying my first house. went to oulton park a few weeks ago for a full day open pit, car went well and managed to get my brakes bedded in. Very impressed with them, no fade and very strong. i will update with pics and...
  29. GarryK20

Cosmic Grey EP3

Looking good, keep it up
  30. GarryK20

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

yes I would highly recommend them, prices are a bit steep compared to the rbc but the scuttle does not need modifying and they are excellent build quality. Most see better gains with them too, plus the noise is addictive
  31. GarryK20

Tom8a's Cosmic Grey EP3

Nice start!
  32. GarryK20

Danny_J's Premier Edition Cosmic Grey EP3

Good progress so far, keep it up
  33. GarryK20

I Managed to get a bit of time on the car yesterday, got all the canter caps on and got the brakes bedded in with a little trip into wales i will get some full car shots at some point but here's what I have for now It also seems like I need a new battery as it started up fine when I...
  34. GarryK20

Cool's Cosmic Premier

Looking good, nice start Best colour obviously ....
  35. GarryK20

Update 22.5.15 apologies for not updating in a while, I've been very busy at home. I have a baby due in June, I'm in the middle of buying a house and got a new daily driver to replace the 2006 corsa 1.4 which I had ..... new daily im guessing it won't be popular on here but I like it. It's a...
  36. GarryK20

Thanks for the feedback the exhaust is very quiet, far under track limits and doesn't draw any attention which I like the most. I will post up a vid of me going past the main straight on the track day when I get a chance at the computer.
  37. GarryK20

Tdi North 3" exhaust

personally i went for the tdi 3inch system due to the bore size and that it wasnt very loud compared to others. I previously had a decatted skunk2 megapower r system which was a lot louder. My car despite the power doesnt make a huge amount of noise through the exhaust which i really like to be...
  38. GarryK20

Skunk 2 megapower r fitting

i did this when i first got my skunk system. The method i used was to heat up the flange on the standard cat around the studs and knock all three out, then used a die grinder on all three holes to widen their PCD and the skunk system fitted on nicely without having to modify the skunk system...
  39. GarryK20

Tdi North 3" exhaust

the only change point from the two results on the dyno graph are i swapped the tegiwa cat back with a 3inch cat back supplied by tdi north. I couldnt rate their exhaust or service higher, the results speak for themselves. my car does have other power related modifications which were unchanged...
  40. GarryK20

Tdi North 3" exhaust

hello, last year i went through a bit of a phase trying different exhausts to try get the most of our my engine at the time. I got a tdi north 3inch system and the results are below. the dotted line underneath is a tegiwa system, the only change between the two results on my car was the 3inch...
  41. GarryK20

Krzys' 2005 Cosmic Grey Civic EP3 Type R - Bob

Good start so far, keep it up!
  42. GarryK20

Im upgrading everything on the front and the rear except rear callipers, parts should be here in 30days then I will have to fit them on my driveway. didnt see the point in repairing a standard set of callipers as I will most likely just burn them out again. also forgot to mention that I have...
  43. GarryK20

Update, last weekend I went on my first track day in this car. I went to ireland on a ferry with the plan of going with a friend tagging onto the porshe owners club track day at mondello circuit. My friend couldn't make it so I decided to go anyway. I have taken some videos but not uploaded yet...
  44. GarryK20

JS performance hoses

I have them on my car, I bought all three kits directly from them with stainless clips. I gave them an email and got a bit of discount too for getting everything at once, it's worth a try. Look on my thread for pics if interested
  45. GarryK20

ep3 buddy club cat back too loud!

nice set up
  46. GarryK20

I would definately go for it, then if you decide to do more mods the exhaust will me more than capable for anything you do
  47. GarryK20

i know what you mean about the extra cost and I took a little convincing, however after having one I can 100% recommend them, they are great value for money. tdi north also did me a deal on the fitting etc too which helped out.
  48. GarryK20

Skunk 2 Composite fuel rail

haha, thanks man. as for the regulator, you do not need to fit it as the kits come with a different low profile bolt in case you want to run a regulator elsewhere. Also Im pretty sure the bung on the right will fit the hole in to centre at the top, so all you will need is to buy one fitting for...
  49. GarryK20

Skunk 2 Composite fuel rail

i have an s2 fuel rail on my ep3, I didn't find the supply ugly at all as you get a new supply pipe with the s2 rail, I have attached a pic for you. If however you do want the change it then you have two plugs on the top left and one on each side which you could use as a supply if you wish to...
  50. GarryK20

as for the noise, not much you can do about it as the baffles are very small, I had the same issue with my old skunk2 exhaust system and they are a little louder than the buddyclub systems! i ended up buying a tegiwa system and wasn't too happy with the results, although the exhaust was very...
  51. GarryK20

Intake manifold

I had this dilemma last year and opted for the s2 intake and 70mm matched throttle body. I know the cost is significant compared to the other options but after fitting this set up I am more than happy. I managed to get 251bhp and 181.6lbft of torque, more torque than most get with other intakes...
  52. GarryK20

Not been on on here for a while as the car has been in the garage, there was a clear day last weekend so I took the car out to get it warm etc and forgot how much I missed it! i have purchased some items over the last few months and have updated my spec on page one, new additions include; -...
  53. GarryK20

2005 Silver EP3 - 233bhp

Looks good lad Welcome to the site man, you had better bring it over to Wales for a catch up! I miss mine, it's been locked up for 8weeks :(
  54. GarryK20

OE look sports exhaust

I have a tegiwa cat back system for sale, I bought it new and it was only on the car for less than 200miles as I had a change of plan. Exhaust noise matches your description too.
  55. GarryK20

FK2 FK2 general discussion

i wouldn't get too concerned about the shape as it depends what they are evaluating in their vehicle in the pictures above. They could be evaluating many things which are unrelated to the looks. To save costs they may use cheaper parts, perhaps from other models. They will only usually build a...
  56. GarryK20

^^thanks for the feedback. i have a couple more pictures from recently before I put the car away for winter
  57. GarryK20

Evening gents, apologies for the late update, car has had a bit more progress compared to my last update. so I took the car the tdi north as mentioned, see below; basically the car gave around 5bhp more peak but curve remained fairly consistent, car drove a bit better. You can see the...
  58. GarryK20

Update, car is booked at tdi North again this Thursday also managed to do a little work on the car tonight and got the head cover fitted that I've had for months. I now have a full set of bolts on the spark plug cover at last! i will upload a video of my car on the dyno last time and this...
  59. GarryK20

i much prefer the sound it is now where I can mainly hear the engine i would highly recommend going quieter in my opinion, you also draw less attention which is a big plus
  60. GarryK20

Jonnyplusone's 05 Cosmic EP3

Nice cosmic, plans sound good. Best colour, obviously
  61. GarryK20

i hope so, going the new manifold will help out, as long as it drives and feels better I am more than happy for now no trackdays booked yet as I keep spending cash on the car. I will start in the new year I think as there's a couple more bits I want to get done. the local one to me is outon...
  62. GarryK20

TEGIWA EP3/DC5 Steering Rack Riser Bracket

I fitted one of these on my car, made a big improvmenton mine. Look on my thread for my ride height, I think I'm about 40-50mm They are a little awkward to fit as the bolts are tight, if you remove the airbox and put your steering into the far lock then the acess is far better to get it off...
  63. GarryK20

Premier cosmic EP3 Turbo, running

Thanks for the help, I have just bought a tegiwa manifold and system and I'm more than happy how quiet it is. Seems not far from stock.
  64. GarryK20

Yes is was £50 from tegiwa imports, http://www.tegiwaimports.com/select-car/honda/ep/interior/skunk2-six-speed-shift-knob-10mm-x-1-5mm-honda.html try the link mate
  65. GarryK20

Exhaust advice, race header on track

Thanks for the help, I bought the manifold and cat back last week. I'm very happy with the sound level as I can nearly hear the exhaust now
  66. GarryK20

Jimbothemagnificent's unmagnificent '85 Civic

Nice daily, far more interesting than mine. I have a 2006 corsa sxi+ 1.4, it's depressing!
  67. GarryK20

yes of course, the old manifold was preventing me getting the most of my intake so I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I will book tdi north when I know my work hours. I much prefer the noise the car makes now, the skunk megapower was very loud pic I haven't uploaded of my new head cover...
  68. GarryK20

Another update, got out the car mapped with new intake and throttle body combo Before after you can see the curve on vtec has changed a bit, car feels far more alive now. Sounds nuts too! However now the restrictive part is the stock exhaust manifold, I didn't want to change this as the...
  69. GarryK20

Nice progress. are you still running a dc manifold and tegiwa cat back? I need to change my exhaust as the skunk megapower is a bit mad! what db reading do you get on track? im thinking of buying a tegiwa manifold and system to replace the skunk garry
  70. GarryK20

Thanks for the help, your friend with the full tegiwa system, does he have any problems with the exhaust being restrictive with that power? i chose a 70mm system as I plan to run more power when the chassis is ready for it. I would be very interested in the feedback
  71. GarryK20

Thanks man Are you running a race manifold?
  72. GarryK20

Evening, it it has now come to the time that my exhaust holding my power back due to the standard mani. i intend on fitting a race mani and replacing my catback system, currently a skunk 70mm system. I know the skunk system would be well over limits with a race mani. what complete systems...
  73. GarryK20

you will be pleased to hear that a new head cover I ordered arrived today, now this stud issue will be resolved:D i do have to do that at some point, I'm just struggling what to order to do things in! another update, car is booked in at tdi North again tomorrow, I will update afterwards with...
  74. GarryK20

it annoys the hell out of me too, I do have one, it came as part of the skunk low profile head cover set. However to fit it you need to remove the factory studs that are in the head cover, mine snapped off on removal and I've been gutted ever since :(. I do intend on getting another head cover...
  75. GarryK20

Jimbothemagnificent's magnificent EP3

thanks for the advice, yes my car is very hard 10kg/mm front and 14kg/mm rear springs. I need some buckets at some point as my car tries to throw me out of mine! as for comfort I'm not bothered at all, I only use the car on the odd weekend at most. if it drives well then I'm happy:cool:
  76. GarryK20

My slow start to the honda crew

Good start, what next?
  77. GarryK20

Seats look good mate, I need to invest in some decent seats at some point as I dislike the Oem ones! keep it up
  78. GarryK20

Jack's Cosmic Grey EP3 Premier Edition!

Good start, best colour obviously!
  79. GarryK20

G's ongoing project. Updated 1st post.

Saw this at tdi a few month back when I got my kpro fitted, looks great!
  80. GarryK20

Have an update on the car, spent a few spare hours over the past week on the car, fitted the rest of my hoses. Plus some skunk goodies! the pics have come out poor as it was on my phone and in the dark so don't judge, the hoses are actually red! car now runs absolutely fine, set up tps...
  81. GarryK20

Thanks man thanks, yeah it does handle really well for an ep3, just need more ponies under the bonnet like yours! yes I do have a lot more plans, currently trying to get a bit more power then will start again on the suspension, drivetrain and brakes to have a full set up. I have some more...
  82. GarryK20

i got them them from an ebay shop, I went for some completely legal ones so they are a little bigger than I would like, they also have the company name and licence numer printed on them to give me confidence they are ok. When I get the car out next I will have a look for you as I cant remember...
  83. GarryK20

It came as part of the low profile head cover kit from skunk, this also replaces the bolts securing the rocker cover. The set was about £100 from tegiwa all in. yes I have a lot more plans for future but one step at a time, more engine parts will be purchased shortly followed up by another...
  84. GarryK20

Evening, Havent been on here in a while due to moving house etc etc. Since the new place has a garage I have been able to give the car a huge detail. Probably took me about 20hours and I haven't done the inside yet! here are some pics, unfortunately photobucket keeps ruining the quality...
  85. GarryK20

Vid of car having kpro installed at tdi north a few months back http://youtu.be/6vd6AcSea6o
  86. GarryK20

forgot to say, vtec now about 5k rpm and goes up to just over 9k. Car feels much nicer to drive now!
  87. GarryK20

Update 29th June Evening, I have been working on the car a bit recently and it's now almost complete, pics in current condition since last update I have purchased tegiwa intake js silicone intake hose with stainless clamps js silicone coolant hoses with...
  88. GarryK20

parrys ek9, k swap, I AM BACK WITH THE SAME SHELL!!

Brilliant progress so far!
  89. GarryK20

Good man! now you have an excuse to go out for a drive again and retake the pics with working number plate lights;)
  90. GarryK20

I will try cropping some, thanks for the advice. I did buy a skeleton case so I could use an external mic, however it didn't fit as it was for the hero 3 not the hero 3+. It is on my list of things to get though:D I will be taking vids tomorrow as the big update is nearly complete. I will...
  91. GarryK20

Thanks man. Yes I know what you mean, I took a few as I thought they looked ok, a bit different to my phone camera. No I don't have a screen currently, hence why some of the pics aren't quite straight:D
  92. GarryK20

Good excuse the get led ones the freshen it up? go for black harnesses as red will show the dirt:)
  93. GarryK20

Civic coupe type r powered

Nice car!
  94. GarryK20

Nice pictures, looks a lovely area please fix your number plate light bulb, would drive me nuts!
  95. GarryK20

Small update with a couple of pics taken recently. I do have a large update which i have been working on bolting new bits to the car, I will update when all complete. cheers for looking
  96. GarryK20

Coilover choice- Yellow speed coilover

check ebay item 321137642403, they are bc coilovers, sorry for the typo. This item is the harder set and if you choose the hardest spring rates out of the options available then that would be comparable to the miester superrace set.
  97. GarryK20

Thats a shame as I highly rate them. Have you considered the bk coilovers, I think they are a little harder than meisters? I think they also do a harder version of their standard set too last time I looked
  98. GarryK20

If you are concerned about the meisters being a little compromised then look into the meister superrace kit. I had the same concern as you and went for this kit and never looked back. be warned though it is NOT comfortable, I think if I used it daily it would drive me mad
  99. GarryK20

Looking good
Back