• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Lewis.

Hi-Spec 4 Pot kit for OEM ep3?

As above. I am still exploring front brake options. I don't really want to modify the car but if I am changing brakes I want to get good ones, and if I upgrade want 4 pots at least. Has anyone got the hi-spec four pits on an ep3? I had them on my saxo eyes ago and found them good. I have ap...
  2. Lewis.

Pagid discs with ferodo pads - good choice?

I know they say OEM discs and ferodo pads works well, but I like the pagoda as thy have the anti rust coating. Question is will the ferodo pads be too aggressive for them and eat them? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Lewis.

I need new trailing arm bushes and front ball joints?

As above, best to go OEM or aftermarket? If so what's best without being too hardcore, and best price wise? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Lewis.

Seized rear caliper, replacing & pagid discs?

As above. Noticed that I may have had a sticky rear caliper some time ago but thought nothing of it. Car was making a funny noise Friday and realised the pad on the passenger side was worn right down, but there is loads of meat left on the rear drivers one still which leads me to believe its...
  5. Lewis.

From EP3 to FN2 - yay or nay?

I kinda have a hankering for the increases luxuries and modern feel of the FN2 but wondering whether it would be a step back from the EP in terms of it being a 'drivers car'. The EP3 is great I love it. One of the most fun cars I've had to be honest. Apart from my saxo track car that I used...
  6. Lewis.

Mugen / steering wheel options for EP3? (Post pics)

As above lads. Post pics of your set up please. I actually fancy a Mugen boss and I'm sure I saw them on eBay a while back for £150 and now there is one listed for £400?! Outrageously OTT. What other decent options are there? Also what's the score with the airbag?? Thanks Sent from my...
  7. Lewis.

Checking the oil level?

Does anyone else find this impossible to do accurately unless the car is dead and I mean DEAD level? Even on a slight slope my dipstick reveals that it's low on oil. But then at work where it's level it has plenty? I find it frustrating. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. Lewis.

Cheapest place to get OEM discs?

As above please. And I mean Honda ones as I've bought cheap discs in the past and they've been crap and rusted up really quick. Can only seem to find them for 100 at the moment...! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Lewis.

Dash light to indicate headlights on

Should there be one? Or just when they're on full beam? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Lewis.

Civic Type R = Immense motoring!

I have just got home from a pals house, but do you ever get that when the car just feels perfect and goes like a rocket? Mine is like this tonight! I've had it over 5 months now and I just love the thing. Such fun to drive. I thrashed the **** out of it on the way over (once warm of course) and...
  11. Lewis.

Gearbox feels more precise when cold?

Anyone else experience this? My gearbox always feels better for me first thing in the morning. Guessing because the oil is cold and therefore thicker. Do we recommend a thicker oil for the box on higher mileage cars? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Lewis.

Mugen Airbox for EP3 - Fitment guide and mini review.

Picked one of these up this week at a price too good to leave. Was planning on keeping the Civic 100% OEM, but this is kinda OEM so fits the bill. Figment was an arse. I was too lazy/in too much of a hurry to remove the battery, and although I squeezed it in there without too much issue, I...
  13. Lewis.

FD2 Mugen RR

I would love one of these, but realistically, where can/would you actually be able to source and purchase one? Also I know they are hella expensive, just curious! Thanks:cool:
  14. Lewis.

Mugen Airbox - Scoop difference between EP3 & DC5?

As above, I have been looking at Mugen Airboxes but am confused between the DC5 and EP3 scoops, and cannot find anything about it on here or on Google. And before anyone says about the Gruppem/Tegiwa, I prefer the OEM look of the Mugen box. Also it's possible to get the Mugen one cheaper than...
  15. Lewis.

Gearbox oil filling - top plug?

As above. Can you use the top plug on the top of the gearbox by the cables? I am mid way through doing mine but it's already coming out the top hole at the side as the car isn't completely level. Any advice would be great thanks!! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Lewis.

Jacking up the car safely?

As above. Where should one jack the car up in order to place axle stands under the normal jacking points along the sills under the side skirts? Was thinking somewhere on the subframe on the front and wishbones/suspension area along the back. If anyone has advice or photos that would be useful...
  17. Lewis.

Torque setting for wheel bolts?

As above please. Want to get myself a torque wrench but need to check the range I need first. Mainly for removing wheels for cleaning and maintenance to brakes etc. but want to make sure the wheels are torqued properly. Thanks. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Lewis.

Uprating front ARB bushes?

As above. Is it worth it over OEM? Any recommendations if so/advice etc? Thanks Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Lewis.

Toyo R1R's - Anyone run these??

A pal has recommended these to me and wondered if anyone has any experience of them? Also what profile would suit the standard wheel? They only come in 215 45 17 in a size that would fit. Currently have Yoko Parada's on the front (yet to get a set for the rear) and while they are decent...
  20. Lewis.

Another Oil Question...

I have asked previousyl and been advised to use 5w 40, however, looking to buy a service kit from Cox Motorsport parts and they supply 0w 30 - WTF? Link is here: http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-civic-typer-major-plus-service-kit-0105-p-1136.html Any advice appreciated as always...
  21. Lewis.

How the deuce do you lift the rear bench?

As above, want to Hoover under it but cannot get it up (ooh errr) for the life of me! It's like it's locked in place in the middle but I don't want to break it by yanking it too much. Any tips? Am I being a complete newb?! thanks
  22. Lewis.

Uprating front ARB - worth it?

I am thinking of getting the JDM rear ARB next month or thereafter, and was also wondering whether it's worth doing the front while i'm at it.
  23. Lewis.

Cosmic Grey EP3 Honda Machine - Project minty mint OEM

Hello all, bit of delay getting a blog going on this but I thought i'd better get to it! It's a long one - sorry! After hankering after a Type R for a while, I recently sold my Audi S3 and spent ages trying to find a decentish EP2 or EP3 type R for the right money, one which hadn't been...
  24. Lewis.

Creaky clutch cable?

Where does one apply grease to solve this problem? Is there a guide anywhere on here? Cheers boys! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  25. Lewis.

Oil leak at rear of engine (with photos)?

As above, noticed this the other day when I was sorting the exhaust. It's not a biggie, but seems to be coming from this area. I cleaned it up with the idea that I might see where it's coming from, but looks to be around this sensor. Is it a common one? Also could it be anything else more...
  26. Lewis.

Worthwhile sensible suspension modifications

As above please guys. My Type R is my daily driver and I already have a heavily modified 106 Rallye as a toy, however, I am looking to see what the options are for the Civic in terms of mild upgrades without turning it into a speed bump scraping, wheels at rickockulous angle 'stance' wagon...
  27. Lewis.

General service question - Oil filter brand, Oil type etc

Hi all, recently got my Type R and have been sorting the few problems I had and generally getting it mint again. I want to carry out a full oil change soon, both gearbox and engine oil and have a few questions. 1) what viscosity and brand of engine oil do you recommend (mileage is 106k) 2)...
  28. Lewis.

Show us yer nuts!

As above, want some new wheels nuts and fancy seeing the options. Don't want to spend loads but want one's that aren't going to bind when hot or fall off/break! Are studs fitted to the type R as standard, as mine has them (new Honda owner you see!) Thanks guys :)
  29. Lewis.

Rota Slipstreams on an EP3 type R?

I have always liked these wheels and have a few questions: 1) Are they safe/strong? I don't know a lot of them but have heard the odd horror story. 2) What size and tyre combo do people tend to run on the EP3? 3) Can you post pics of yours (preferably black on a cosmic grey EP3!) Thanks:)
  30. Lewis.

Where to buy OEM manifold flange and new manifold studs?

Is there anywhere else other than Honda where the price would be better? I am fitting a replacement OEM manifold as the bolts holding the downpipe are rusted to buggery on mine. Many thanks
Back