• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. User1martyn

Made in Germany - My Rotrex'd EP3

Lovely car. Very tastefull.
  2. User1martyn

my ep3

DC Sports manifold fitted. Big difference. skunk 2 weighted gear knob to compliment the tegiwa short shifter. Replaced steering rack and fitted a rack riser.
  3. User1martyn

Thinking of doing a track day

Useful thread. I've been itching to track day mine for ages. Definitely need to do it.
  4. User1martyn

my ep3

Bit of an update. Not had much time lately with my new baby boy being my main focus at the moment. I've made a small amount of progress but my ctr is now tucked up for the winter. The list so far... buddyclub extended ball joints, front and rear camber adjusters, frsu, led bulbs inside and out...
  5. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

Cool. Cheers buddy.
  6. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

Wow. I see the big picture now. To be fair I would be happy with the latter. I have read a few posts that consists of k24a3 bottom end with k20a2 top end and mix match the remaining parts. The results sounded unreal to be fair with a massive increase in bhp and torque. If this is achievable...
  7. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

It's a project I would build myself. No labour costs. I can't really understand how it could be so expensive. I think I'll research a bit more before I make up my mind. Thanks for the help.
  8. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

Wow. I didn't realise how costly this would be. I wouldn't be happy with low rpm as that's what I love about my ep3. It sounds like the cheaper option would be to charge my k20 engine. The cheapest k24 engine I found was around £1200. I was really looking forward to a bit of tinkering in my man...
  9. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

I think the struggle will be sourcing the bottom end for a decent price.
  10. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

Budget is slim at the moment but I'm in no rush. I fancy having a go at this project as it looks like good gains can be achieved. Torque and bhp would be my ultimate goals but I wouldn't really want to sacrifice the rpm. 8500rpm max if possible.
  11. User1martyn

Frankenstein build

Hi guys. I'm really interested in the k24/k20a2 Frankenstein build but a bit unsure on which is the best uk k24 bottom end. Is there a how too guide with parts list? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :smt047:smt047:smt047
  12. User1martyn

Valve Clearance Check

Rocker cover off so ideally new gaskets. I think honda charge £70 for this on top of your service.
  13. User1martyn

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Quite an emotional speech there. Lol. I feel the same about mine. There's no way I would part with her and I think you have made the right decision. i haven't driven another car that gets the adrenalin flowing as much as these do. Especially when there all poly bushed and the sheer vibrations...
  14. User1martyn

TTS Supercharger kits

I can vouch for this. I've had the bum clenching pleasure of being a passenger in Guys ep3 and I can honestly say, it's bonkers. It's awesome. I definitely know what I'm one day hoping to do to mine now.
  15. User1martyn

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Looks real nice. Keep up the good work.
  16. User1martyn

my ep3

Definitely need the premier front seats. Not cheap though.
  17. User1martyn

my ep3

I have added his name to the picture and printed off. It now hangs on my sons bedroom door. Forgive me if you think I'm a bit sad. Lol.
  18. User1martyn

my ep3

I did the same in a celica I had years ago. I thought I was clever until I tried to start it up the next morning. Yep, you've guessed it. I fell asleep with the radio on and it drained the battery. Definitely comfortable on the air bed though.
  19. User1martyn

my ep3

Thanks guys n gals for your kind words. I'm definitely one proud dad. My friends told me to sell my car as it's not practical with a baby. How wrong were they. Everything fits in and little Lewis falls straight to sleep with the rumble from the exhaust and the vibration from the polly engine...
  20. User1martyn

my ep3

Already spotted them with type r embossed into it. Lol.
  21. User1martyn

my ep3

Quite surprised how I managed to fit a car seat and base + a complete pram in my ctr as well as his baby bag and the Mrs.
  22. User1martyn

my ep3

My new baby boy has arrived. We named him Lewis. Can't wait to spend my life with him, and buy him his first socket set.
  23. User1martyn

Driving like a d1ck

I almost got caught out yesterday in flamborough. It was a bmw estate with red stripes not the usual green. The copper was stood at the side of his car with a speed gun. Luckily I always slow down where the sign changes to 30 mph. There a bit keen in the 30 zones.
  24. User1martyn

my ep3

The engine guy picked my car up and towed it back to his workshop 2 weeks ago and agreed to fix it if I payed for the parts. I agreed as like he said, I should of took it straight back to him. Anyway I'm sick of arguing as I need my car fixing. He rang me this morning to say it's fixed and the...
  25. User1martyn

Dastek unichip Q

Totally agree. Every engine is different. Engine wear, intake exhaust and fuel plus many other factors all makes a massive difference. it's not as costly with the dastek but all said and done, it's no match for the hondata. k100 is on my list of mods. Intake and exhaust mani first then ill...
  26. User1martyn

Dastek unichip Q

I won it on eBay around 6 months ago. I think it was around £100 with postage. It has a Dyno printout with cat back and air intake pushing 230 hp with 210 at the wheels. I need to find a local dastek tuner to tweak it for me now.
  27. User1martyn

Dastek unichip Q

I know buddy but for now it'll do. I plan to supercharge it one day so for now at least I can remap it. I managed to get a diagram and successfully fitted it. The £700 for the k100 is a bit out of my price range at the mo plus the fuel it will cost driving to Tdi north. First childs due in 7...
  28. User1martyn

my ep3

Cheers pal. I'm not sure it will though. 2 days of arguing with the owner and he refuses to fix it he said I've drove it to destruction as I haven't taken It back to him when I called him. I did say that I'm flat out 6 days a week at work and he doesn't work weekends so it will be difficult for...
  29. User1martyn

Si's second attempt at a Honda...

nice build thread. cars looking real nice. keep up the good work pal.
  30. User1martyn

my ep3

Cheers Loxy. I've just double checked my receipt and it does state 12 month or 12,500 mile guarantee, whichever comes first, dated September 2014 so I think I will sleep a bit better tonight.
  31. User1martyn

my ep3

Well guys I have bad news. The Mrs got in my civic yesterday and not 300 yards down the road the engine just shut off and gave a big hiss through my gruppe. The engine management light came on so plugged my diagnostic reader in and it came up with crank shaft sensor. attempted to start her up...
  32. User1martyn

Dastek unichip Q

Hi Guys, has anybody got a wiring diagram for a Dastek Q to fit ep3 please. the seller I purchased it from had scribbled it down on paper but it just states what colour wires to splice and theres more than 1 of the same colour. thanks.
  33. User1martyn

MY NHB JRSC EP3

I went in a pals a couple of weeks ago and I kid you not, I had to put the window down just to breathe. It literally took my breath away. He's running it at 16 psi. You can't put your foot down in 1st or 2nd as it just spins. It's mental. I'm guessing yours will be just as brutal. Hope you have...
  34. User1martyn

MY NHB JRSC EP3

awesome machine. i cant wait to supercharge mine.
  35. User1martyn

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Brakes look sweet. Got to be worth the money. A big must for me one day as I want to go super charged. Thumbs up mate. Well done.
  36. User1martyn

EP3 high mileage k20s? Ok or stay away?

A %100 must. Oil, oil, oil.
  37. User1martyn

Nashy's NHB EP3 - now CW FN2

Welcome back mate. I have my first child due in 3 months. I sure as hell won't be parting with my car. Lol. Got the Mrs a people carrier instead. Problem solved. ill keep my eyes out for your pics.
  38. User1martyn

my ep3

thanks. all in with postage they were £128 from ebay. this was the cheapest price I could find. ive not fitted them as yet. decided to fit 2 fresh wheel bearings whilst I have the hub off. pointless doing half a job.
  39. User1martyn

NFox - Cosmic Grey Premier

good job mate. I did mine last year and it was an absolute nightmare. its all worth it when you fit them and take a step back and look at the finished product. pat on the back time lol.
  40. User1martyn

really slight hesitation when accelerating but idle is fine and v tec works

I've tried that too. I'm going to replace the top engine mount to see if that makes a difference.
  41. User1martyn

my ep3

A nice little parcel arrived today for me. I'm amazed by the quality.
  42. User1martyn

RichE's Sparklin' Cosmic EP3

Looks sweet buddy. Can't agree with you all enough about wanting to do it all at once. I've had mine about 4years now and I still haven't scratched the surface yet. I wish I could win the lottery. It's never ending. As soon as I've finished one thing I'll see or hear about something else and...
  43. User1martyn

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

I have the gruppe m and I agree. The best modification yet. Totally eliminates v-tec lag.
  44. User1martyn

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Received and fitted today. Cheers Mook.
  45. User1martyn

newbie's ep3

Looks nice mate. Get ready to spend some money on it. Lol. The list of upgrades is endless and very addictive.
  46. User1martyn

Fitted earthing kit and it's still there. As soon as I touch the throttle the slightest bit, stutter, stutter, stutter. Sounds horrible. Very jerky on/off throttle too.
  47. User1martyn

my ep3

Ha ha ha. You know they look good together.
  48. User1martyn

I've changed my exhaust and every gasket so it's not that. i found that if I pull the ecu fuse for 5 mins to reset then it doesn't stutter for a few days but then it comes back. i fitted the earthing kit and to be honest, it's better. No matter what gear you are in it happens slightly as soon...
  49. User1martyn

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Brilliant write up. It makes me feel normal knowing fellow ep3 owners are just like me. Blood sweat and tears, and a lot of money go into these cars. Keep up the good work. Cracking looking car.
  50. User1martyn

35mm drop

Thanks Doug. I've been looking into them.
  51. User1martyn

McSherryMan's EP3

Fair point. I'll keep my eye on this post to see if there's any clarification on it.
  52. User1martyn

McSherryMan's EP3

I'm interrested in this one too. I think RBC will be the better option though.
  53. User1martyn

hi Kirk. I have the same problem. ive changed everything with no joy. I had my diagnostic machine plugged in last week and forgot to unplug it when I got out the car. anyway I drove it the next day and noticed the stutter was only very slight which makes me think there is a bad earth on the car...
  54. User1martyn

Black death or paranoia?

Ah ok. It's not something I've heard of from petrol injectors. i have tested my seals in past by spraying wd40 on the bottom of the injector one at a time whilst the engine is running. If any seals have failed then you would hear a change in the sound of your cars tickover as it sucked the wd40...
  55. User1martyn

Black death or paranoia?

I have typed civic deisel injector seals into eBay and there £5.95 a set of four.
  56. User1martyn

Black death or paranoia?

It is a deisel isn't it? if it is then it's a small copper washer that slides on the bottom of the injector.
  57. User1martyn

my ep3

F1 chassis and engine. Lol.
  58. User1martyn

my ep3

On the way home we had a little play (within the speed limit) on a straight. Another ep3 in front of me and we both went for it. Wow. I had to let off the throttle twice. I'm assuming it's down to my gruppe m. The difference was night and day. Really pleased with it and definitely the best...
  59. User1martyn

my ep3

60. User1martyn

my ep3

So this morning a few of us got together at 7 am and all set off to Malton car show. This was my first meeting so I was eager to show mine off. It was good to finally see the progression I've made since I started modding mine. To be fair I think my ep3 was a cut above the rest.
  61. User1martyn

my ep3

Thankyou Scrawnban. It's an on going project. Don't think it will ever be finished.
  62. User1martyn

my ep3

Thankyou MarBras. I agree with the black. I tried to mix it up a bit with the red rings and red centre R cap. I did have red wheel nuts but they corroded within 6 months so I've replaced them with green. Looks like I'm going to have to paint the calipers green too. ordered owners club stickers...
  63. User1martyn

you must have more jam than hartleys. they look sweet. real jealous now.
  64. User1martyn

my ep3

here goes, lets see if i can upload pictures of my ctr as it stands now. # so far so good. facelift lights fitted. easy job. forums were saying you have to fit relays and so on but i worked out an easier way so im happy with the results. roof carbon wrapped. carbon dipped boot handle with...
  65. User1martyn

Mugen 200

im still not 100% on the fn2 yet but i must admit yours is a real head turner. i bet getting back into an ep3 would feel strange.
  66. User1martyn

hi Mook. ive sent payment through paypal for a pair of stickers with a green R. thanks.
  67. User1martyn

malton car show

hi guys. anybody going to the Malton car show tomorrow? so far we have 4 ep3 type r's going. should be good fun.
  68. User1martyn

Black death or paranoia?

it sounds like its just the seal. 30 minute job and the washers are around £5 on ebay. ive done two of my cars now. pull the injector out, remove old washer from it, clean the area where the washer seats and fit the new washer and fit the injector. job done, no more chuffing.
  69. User1martyn

Frsu needed in East Yorkshire

thanks Jimbo. I forgot about them. I rang them last year for a knock sensor. they sound like they know there stuff. hourly rates not too bad either. just had a look at there web site and they do geometry set ups so ill ring them on Tuesday for a price.
  70. User1martyn

Frsu needed in East Yorkshire

Hi guys. Anybody know a reputable garage near Bridlington East Yorkshire where I can get an frsu on my ep3? tdi is a long drive from me so looking a bit more local.
  71. User1martyn

Hi mook. I pm'd you about 2 stickers for my rear windows but no reply. I would now like them with the lime green r if you could.
  72. User1martyn

35mm drop

Yes I fitted them but I now have a clunk on front passenger side. I'm gonna get some buddy club extended ball joints to hopefully cure it. The ride is firm and surprisingly comfortable but when you look under the front end you can see the wishbones and anti roll bar are under stress. car looks...
  73. User1martyn

I'm trying. Not too sure on how to start one. I will keep trying, it would be good to get a bit of feed back. I understand how you feel about ploughing money into an old car but hey, if it keeps us happy then why not. It becomes an addiction. I think about mine when I go to sleep. Lol. I'm 40...
  74. User1martyn

My Silver EP3 CTR 2002

Looking good pal. I've just fitted my D1 wheel nuts. Need a long reach socket for them though. I dread taking my wheels off now as the socket takes the paint off them. Must admit the brake rebuild I did was a nightmare. Took about an hour just to get the dust seal on.
  75. User1martyn

Facelift model

I think it's the 53 plate. Mine is a 03 and it's pre facelift.
  76. User1martyn

Hi Pete. I have to say you are my idol. I'm around £5,000 into my 2003 ep3 now and i can't stop. Your story is epic and I think I now know what I need to do to it now. Step by step I'm going to be following your path to ep3 heaven. thankyou for sharing a brilliant write up.
  77. User1martyn

Loxy's Type R #4

Looking good Loxy I'll be keeping an eye on your posts. It'll be interesting to see how you get on with it.
  78. User1martyn

lowering spring causing knocking???

hi. I have just lowered mine 35mm and I have the same problem. passenger side clunking over bumps. it sounds like its coming from the strut top. gonna strip it down tomorrow and see what the problem is.
  79. User1martyn

Out with the old, in with the Cosmic!

Looking well mate. Keep up the good work.
  80. User1martyn

McSherryMan's EP3

Looking good mate. Your as bad as me. Every penny I have left over goes on my ep3. It's endless. After reading your post I've decided to go for the skunk gear knob. Sounds like it makes a big difference. I just bit the bullet and bought a gruppe m induction kit. You should get one. It's...
  81. User1martyn

35mm drop

Hi guys. I've just purchased a set of standard shocks with ebachi pro's 35 mm lowering springs fitted. Hopefully I'm going to fit them on Saturday and can't wait to see my ep3 lowered. Does anybody know if I will have any problems with the 35mm drop? I'm hoping it will sit nice. Next job will be...
  82. User1martyn

Intermittent noise on start up??... black smoke? 2004 ep3 facelift

hi mate. i suffered with oil leaks on my ctr and black smoke that had the same smell. I spent £100's on attempting to fix it. unfortunately it turned out to be the oil rings so i dropped the lump and had it all machined and fully reconditioned. Its a brand new engine now and worth doing if your...
  83. User1martyn

low rev missfire mystery, help please

I've had the same problem for months. Mine has just started to cut out now. I investigated it today and it was the earth wire on the injectors that bolts to the inlet manifold. The 10mm bolt had come loose so I cleaned it and tightened it up and it's fine now. Also taken up the slack on the...
  84. User1martyn

My new EP3 CTR 2004

All fixed now. Yeah.
  85. User1martyn

EP3 steering rack slider

Hi. I fitted this slider to my rack as it's stiff and doesn't return to centre. It hasn't made a blind bit if difference.
  86. User1martyn

My new EP3 CTR 2004

Do a compression test on all cylinders then try it again with a teaspoon of oil in each pot. If the compression is higher with the oil in then it's more than likely your oil rings that are shot and not your valve stem seals. Google compression tests for a bit more info on it.
  87. User1martyn

My new EP3 CTR 2004

Mechanically yes but I have some electrical problem I need to repair. More tinkering for me. Well worth the rebuild though. Also painted the rocker cover and fitted matching silicone hoses and a red powder coated subframe. Looks a lot better for it.
  88. User1martyn

My new EP3 CTR 2004

I bit the bullet and paid £730 for a full engine rebuild. No smoke or noise. Worth the money.
  89. User1martyn

Ep3 Unsilenced or silenced exhaust system???

Yes. Especially when your friends tell you they heard you coming. It always makes me smile. The red devil I fitted is a complete 2 piece cat back with oval tail pipe , no b-pipe as it's straight through. I got it second hand from gum tree for £140. I thought it was really cheap. I have...
  90. User1martyn

My new EP3 CTR 2004

You caught the bug too? Lol.
  91. User1martyn

Ep3 Unsilenced or silenced exhaust system???

I fitted a decat to my red devil exhaust with a straight through b-pipe and it rattled my body it was that loud. You could hear v-tec crossover 2 miles away. I dreaded starting it up on a morning with its 2000 rpm choke. Bet my neighbours hated me. I think it's more about the rasp of the...
Back