• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Project90

Hand brake cables

well got up to edinburgh euro car parts and the lad said hes had this before with ep3's he thinks you have to get the integra cables or something as they are the same set up. but hes sure e can get them as he likes hondas aswell but he cant remember where he got them from so waiting till monday...
  2. Project90

Hand brake cables

i did see them but they look exactly the same as the 1's i have which were only £40 for the pair, the brackets do look diff way around though so might be a next purchase, i am going up to the edinburgh branch of euro car parts just to see what they say or if they have 2 diff cables
  3. Project90

Hand brake cables

Has any one bought hand brake cables from either carparts4less or eurocarparts if so was there any problems with them? i have had couple pairs now and the cables are listed as handed left and right but when i receive them both the cables are the same in regards to the brackets, all the brackets...
  4. Project90

FD2 Does this seem like a good deal?

you have go to love the price fixing that seemed to be going on there though, why was most of the getting upset he has put price down, if he needs the car to go and no one offering him anything @ 14 - 15k, gotta put the price down to suit. think i asked him about it too but the more I thought...
  5. Project90

Service question due soon, HELP!!

purchase your own oil aswell, might make it slightly cheaper, i tend to get 8l then you got the rest of it for the year and can get a good deal on buying 2 4l tubs of oil.
  6. Project90

My windscreen is on crack ...

who you insured with?, mine got cracked went in to auto glass and they sorted it for me £70 excess, doesnt affect ur NCB or shuoldnt.
  7. Project90

H1 bulb, headlight keeps dying

isnt it like 650million mph? you could just see it light up before the other 1 ever so fractionally
  8. Project90

well i did get the brighter faster response rear bulbs from halfrauds and they seem to be fine, they also did come on a fraction quicker and were brighter agains the other bulb, got my brother to check as he never knew what bulb i changed and he guessed correct :D
  9. Project90

EP3 stuttering and surging.

nice thread, got a similar thing with my car too, like if i ease off accelerator and let it rol down the revs when it gets just under 2krpms it seems to kangaroo a bit, currently trying some engine cleaner through it 1st to see if that helps at all, i did have a bit of an off last year and...
  10. Project90

what bulbs are you using? i got the osram nightbreakers and they lasted well over a year so far, possible your fitting them wrong or a broken bulb holder?
  11. Project90

Bad idle - running out of ideas and money now

i see i see, so could any of these be the problem to the slight hesitation i have?
  12. Project90

awsome learnt some thing new this year. Erm to keep on with my stupidity / lack of understanding of the K20, what do they have?
  13. Project90

HT leads, rotar arm, distirbuter cap spark plugs, you tried these? also contact cleaner on the ecu / other contacts? go simples 1st before you try the major stuff
  14. Project90

Really bad braking power at at high speed - FN2

sure i got told the car can fail mot with them DS2500 pads in as there not marked for road use, but i doubt that service centers check the pads as long as car stops i guess its fine for them
  15. Project90

EP3 "real" top speed?

FD2 does 160 doesn't it? thats under 250hp
  16. Project90

EP3 "real" top speed?

posibly do it standard but it would be as the speedo is out.
  17. Project90

Petrol prices in your area

1.13p from morrisons in my town shell prob follow suit, not been to pumps for a week so dont know what v power is at shell
  18. Project90

EP3 "real" top speed?

i got 142mph on my sat nav dnt know the speed it got there but it was just me in the car with a 9.8kg racing bikeand about quater fuel left. i can say it seemed pretty nimble to get to 140ish but the extra 2 seemed to take ages :D
  19. Project90

Advice needed please!

get all your own materials such as oil and sparkers buy as much as you can saves you quite a bit, i got my own oil and sparks and springfield honda are going to to mine for £180
  20. Project90

EP3 Launch Control?

missed that one thanks fixed now
  21. Project90

EP3 Launch Control?

no i really do have launch control on mine standard. its called ME with my right foot. some guy got told this from a stealer too when he was buying a DC5 and he took it in as it was gospel, he was a bit dissapointed when i said its engine protection limiter so you dont blow the arse out of...
  22. Project90

FD2 FD2 mugen RR advanced

just a vid that i was shown beats the mugen RR around tsukuba circuit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEmO_8b05ac
  23. Project90

Pants in the snow!

omg its rediculus here, ice with snow then ice with more snow, i tried 2nd no throtlle and it spun i couldnt even get it to go backwards down hill in reverse with no throttle, had to dig car out on wednesday going to mum n dads coudnt get up there hill, then went other way round and got stuck...
  24. Project90

FD2 Type r jdm :(

i see so it is very pointless thread other than this discussion were having now :D
  25. Project90

I've no idea what your on about there i have never used text speak :D, on the plus i got a new phone with a qwerty keyboard on it and i don't use text speech as much now. so you have deleted some of his other posts in this thread and made it very confusing for others to follow, why not just...
  26. Project90

can someone get an answer what the OP is asking here? i think i just died a bit inside when i read this thread :S
  27. Project90

My CTR Dyno chart - Bit confused (Graphs and Video)

thought 5th was closet 1:1 gear?
  28. Project90

ep3 skirts

takes a philips screwdriver perhaps?
  29. Project90

Your tyre reviews

nope they're fine i have them also and done 4k miles on them and there's no noises or scrubbing any where.
  30. Project90

v power etc.

i just got my new v power club card woohooo :D
  31. Project90

Suggestions for advisories on MOT

61k still fine :D i just got my car back from mot and its failed on excessive wear on NSF disc, got new pads n disc coming for £80 and fitted for £40 bargain. on another note how why has 1 side worn away quicker than other?
  32. Project90

Pulled over by Police.

Were you a named driver or main? i was named on mine for 2 years and when i came to insure it again they kinda trick you cos they dont get as much of a discount for a named NCB. so basically my insurance went from £550 named on my dads to £900 to my own name, but the induction kit added...
  33. Project90

FD2 FD2 emissions

oooh i see i have to try remember this when i come to buy one
  34. Project90

how much?

damm right i would of drove off as fast as i could with the test cert :D i have a look about here think there down to £39.99 must be due to credit crunch :D
  35. Project90

how much?

£35 how the hell though they were standard prices all over the place and am sure price meant to be like £54??
  36. Project90

FD2 FD2 emissions

is there any difference in these modles performance??
  37. Project90

how much?

read the back of the mot form sure you got like 3days to get it fixed and retested but a charge may be applied but sure its not full whack, my fiance's saxo failed an mot, got quite a bit of work done to it at a local garage and it went through mot fine and didnt get charged extra. just see what...
  38. Project90

Pulled over by Police.

we got a boy racer problem up here but i have never got stopped dont drive like a **** and make a noise the cops leave you alone.
  39. Project90

Desperately want a CTR!

still a saving :D
  40. Project90

Your tyre reviews

there also a bit cheaper think i found it about £25 per tyre cheaper to get the 215/40
  41. Project90

Desperately want a CTR!

or take a big stick hit the light out on front and say its only worth 6k now :D
  42. Project90

Desperately want a CTR!

that what they look like there a few with heads no bigger than that and you can just see them over the door of a saxo/clio :D
  43. Project90

Desperately want a CTR!

also depends how small your head is i see boy racers in saxos with little heads and they look out of place :D stupid pea head boy racers :D
  44. Project90

Your tyre reviews

are they worn away after 2k miles???
  45. Project90

Noise from the rear?

just to add are your brake lines all secured in place? there like a clip that holds the lines in behind the disc's maybe they snapped? just a total random stab in the dark.
  46. Project90

Noise from the rear?

so you got something else then, hope you find out what it is
  47. Project90

Noise from the rear?

right that top box is 1 of the clips there should be another at bottom its that little thin bit of metal in the bigger box if you look at your caliper from the back there should be a shaped bit of metal in it, if it is just a hole you got same prob i do as i say i get pics of mine...
  48. Project90

Noise from the rear?

if you look at you rear calipers, where the pads are there should be a clip at top clip at bottom and then like a bigger one at the back of the pads that goes nearly the whole distance of the caliper. i try take pictures to show you but mine missing on the bottom of the pad and my bigger clip...
  49. Project90

Noise from the rear?

damm am missing hlaf of my pad retaing gear on rear left brake!! missing the spring plate at the back of the pad and then the clip at the bottom, parts ordered from stealer as none of my local parts shops list the items, should be here by thursday and get them fixed on friday :D hope that...
  50. Project90

Noise from the rear?

yep could just be same thing :D. just try pull it out a little bit and see if any of your pads wobble might even be inside pad if they can move too so take wheel off and try it hope it solves your problem
  51. Project90

Noise from the rear?

well found out what was making the noise, my bloody rear brake pad rattles about!!!! if i leave handbrake off and put car in gear i can pivot the pad up n down so going to get it checked asap as there just new pads n discs :@
  52. Project90

Cant get boot open.

after you get it open try a bit of WD40 on latch might help mine did it other day too and i just locked car and opened it and it was sound, try a big bang to shut it too might shake something loose :D
  53. Project90

Noise from the rear?

if you take it back to place you had the fast road set up done supose it wont, but then can they fix the bush if it indeed that? am just going to live with it stereo up another 5 :D its fine. if it gets really bad i take it to get looked at.
  54. Project90

Noise from the rear?

ok tried 3 in 1 oil and the noise still there, is it possible the noise coming from the new pads/discs on the rear? as if i gently apply the handbrake while going over a bump the noise goes away. cheers. think i got the camber arms from apb was like £135 front and back, they were fitted...
  55. Project90

Noise from the rear?

na my car totally standard apart from the camber arms i got. i try the wd40 if it not work might take to local garage and try get to bottom of it i let you know if i do
  56. Project90

Noise from the rear?

ok i heard what i'm going to describe as a creaking noise from the back. when i stopped and lifted the car up with a jack nothing was loose. but the noise still there when i was driving about. i rocked the car side to side and it does make make a creaky kinda noise. is there anything i...
  57. Project90

Hello from Delaware. Coming to the UK soon...

2nd pic down in the redish porka is that not the stig? oh and welcome :D
  58. Project90

well there was a letter in the sun from a pertol station owner and he said by time all the duty and tax been taken off he made just 2p a litre. but am sure shell will make more than that with profits in the billions, definatley getting ripped somewhere along the line.
  59. Project90

ferodo ds 2500

I tried using the spell check but it didnt work started to try install some crap. I'm sorry I do double check my stuff and even re-read after I post it just to make sure but guess some stuff still get through, can you remember what it was so I can look out for it? I know some of the stray "1's"...
  60. Project90

rear discs and pads

yup you can get like full mintex rear package for £85 off ebay...
  61. Project90

Wheel Nuts

jamie just go ask your local dealer if they have any spares lying around, I asked the garage at newcastle and they keeping one in for me as mine was stripped. I got mine fixed but if my mom goes down there i could easily get it and post it to you if you still require it.
  62. Project90

new tyres & back discs and pads

just got new tyres 4 of at 215/40/17 Parada spec 2's £322 for all 4 fitted and balanced ect, got the pads and discs for £45 and then got my wheels aligned and discs and pads fitted for £60. so £427 for all this, i had the inside tyre wear problem but got the arms to correct this i cant beleive...
  63. Project90

ep3 skirts

sure next nice day i try get some on my phone to cold to bend down the now :D
  64. Project90

ep3 skirts

cool, just noticed some paing splats on mine and was goin to see if it was cheaper getting respray or just get 1 off another red ctr that was breaking, looks like the previous owner been painting something next to it and its just splatted up. cheers
  65. Project90

ep3 skirts

hi guys, just wpndering if any one knows how easy/hard ot is to replace the side skirts? cheers
  66. Project90

aaaahhhh i didnt know that them little greasy bum holes, think its time someone V for Vendetta there arses :D i vote neily03 :D
  67. Project90

ferodo ds 2500

sigh! I'm not saying there not fine for the road they're too good for it infact am just saying if you have accident and the police check the car and see there is no R90 stamp on them it wil probally invalidate your insurance. just going on the info i was told down the phone by the salesman and...
  68. Project90

yep did i read 22billion profit? the sun had the prices of oil per barrel and it was less than half of what it was when petrol was at £1.20ish also with the 2.5%vat cut, surely petrol should be like 70p and shell would still make big profits, just not as big the greedy t***s :@ also am up to...
  69. Project90

ferodo ds 2500

:D
  70. Project90

ferodo ds 2500

yes but if you crash and the police inspect your car and see the pads have no R90 stamp on them they prob notify your insurance and it probally be invalid. they guy said they are too good for road and its the fact the not got that R90 stamped on they not suitable for road use.
  71. Project90

ferodo ds 2500

just phoned for a price on these pads a staggering £82.72 fully delivered and inc vat ect. ok there good pads so probally worth the money but no one seems to mention there not road legal any one heard of this?
  72. Project90

rear discs and pads

if its any help rear sets are £190 fully fitted front £215 fully fitted i just got some discs and pads for rear cost me £45 for the lot, the pads are made in japan good enough for me, and the guy says plenty of guys with scoobies buy similar discs and non of them complain but i dont think i...
  73. Project90

EP3 - Need new steering rack?

is there any where to get a good deal on them? apart from ebay? also whats the rear brakes like to replace?
  74. Project90

mintex any good though? never heard of them before
  75. Project90

87.9 for normal 94.9 for v power 97.9 for diesel
  76. Project90

v power etc.

well I put 15l in my car after the warning light came on, i managed to cover 115miles and the light wasnt on so to my calculations that gives me around 35mpg. This was sitting around 80mph and there was a few v tec moments for some over takes but not full throttle. So as far as i can see its...
  77. Project90

ok had my car to garage and they said nothing wrong with rack or the suspension bolts so just me being paranoid, they did point out that my driver side back disc is in poor condition. Like there been something caught in it and its grooved it so £190 for set of new rear disc/pads fully fitted...
  78. Project90

what to buy?

thats what i was getting at hence i said UNLESS it was on a track
  79. Project90

v power etc.

well my 1st 30L of Vpower ran tank till orange light came on and filled up with vpower, going to fil up over the month see if i can actually notice any difference. i keep you posted :D
  80. Project90

v power etc.

bp - 97RON v power - 99RON tesco - 99RON total - 97RON esso - 97RON sainsbury's is bp apprently (In 2004 Sainsbury's struck a deal with BP and it is believed they now supply all of Sainsbury's fuel.) and the site saying nothing about texaco aother than its super unleaded is higher than 95RON...
  81. Project90

v power etc.

also you have to think if they put it in when there been petrol already in tanks its goin to mix so probally wont feel much benifit untill 2 - 5 refils i might give it a try over this month and see if i can tell difference, I normally only put in 20L each week unless i go away so still goin to...
  82. Project90

hmm now i am worried, its fine when i drive up to edinburgh and newcastle though noiseless, also just phoned garage and service only open weekdays now used to do half days saturday :(
  83. Project90

cosmic grey

lol and lol at my quote u tw** just read it back to myself and now am #-o
  84. Project90

i always though it might just be pads just jiggling about if there worn down a little. chers any way i mention it to garage when its next in for service see what they say until then i just keep stereo on :D
  85. Project90

might be something else then as it centers quite well and tried going about 30 with a loose grip to see if it did pull and it went quite straight, just be worrying about nothing probally. still you think it be best to ask them to check it during its service? i read might just be top mount...
  86. Project90

think i got same problem, when i pull away from a stand still it makes a funny noise never heard it before as normally the stereo on, also when i go down some cobbles sounds like something is knocking about but it goes away when i apply some pressure on the brakes, sound like it the steering...
  87. Project90

cosmic grey

lol i love these comments make me laugh. also if red base coat it will be faster as its lighter :P lol
  88. Project90

what to buy?

nope, but even if some one did you're not allowed to talk about street racing unless it was on a track obviously though. never heard of supercharges 1.8 thing they any good?
  89. Project90

v power etc.

he works for shell and is insisting, the guy from amd insists there phenom chip better than intels, never gonna happen. am sure if i worked for shell and was getting paid i would insist too. also whats the difference in milage per tank and does it pay to use it? i know by law they cant state...
  90. Project90

yep 89.9 at shell in my town now :D
  91. Project90

New car :D

cops might pull you for the front tints mind there illegal to have on your car, guy i know just got pulled last weekend by the vosa at side of road and was told to remove them hes had them on for ages aswell. but as police have no crime they catch drivers instead so just watch out for that
  92. Project90

30 AE R-20614 Anyone have it?

can you not check it on the dvla to see if it still on road?
  93. Project90

hopefully they be paying us to take the excess petrol from them as all the hippies go green and get diesel :D
  94. Project90

woohoo petrol finally down to 92.9, more vtec for my pound now :D
  95. Project90

Your tyre reviews

Post deleted due to text speak.
  96. Project90

Your tyre reviews

5m each side, you know how much more friction that will cause and slow you down :S
  97. Project90

Your tyre reviews

mine was fine in the floods at morpeth on the a1 :D and never aqua planed once on way to newcastle and back again when it was pishing it down
  98. Project90

Your tyre reviews

well i got the prada spec2's for front and they been amazing but cnt really tell how good as still got some federal **** on the back and they got the worn inside egde. goin to wait til i got the pradas worn down and get 4 mor of the prada's prob goin to stay with the 205 but going to get the...
  99. Project90

i got 97.9 at berwick at both morrisons and shell, i bet it comes down on monday after i filled up on the friday the smug *****
Back