• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Necrominion

New brakes in a hurry

thanks ;) will order them tonight after work ... £130 for both rear and front pads/discs.... thats some price :D
  2. Necrominion

New brakes in a hurry

I realise its probably all explained elsewhere but in a bit of a hurry as i have little time to spare due to workin mad hours right now... basically had a service.. need new front pads and rear discs/pads.... im lookin for a decent set thats not goin to set me back too much and if you could link...
  3. Necrominion

Strange noise Please advise

similar thing Having a similar problem but its a really loud squeeking noise...after driving for about 15-mins i notice when cruising anywhere near 2000-3000 rpm my ctr squeeks. very similar to a fan belt squeeking in older cars except its a constant noise. if i turn/accelerate/brake it stops...
  4. Necrominion

Stupid question time

the money u end up wasting slamming yer car into a tree if the tyre blows and u lose control would be better spent on a taxi to the cinema IMO
  5. Necrominion

2003 Civic type R with less than 6000 miles

ye seems bit weird tbh...standard interior but yet tinted windows?...only 5000 odd miles in 5 years ?thats less than 25 miles per week?thats about 3 tanks of fuel a year ?lol yet he says hes sad to see it go ? sounds like he hardly ever drove the thing
  6. Necrominion

Petrol prices in your area

i live right outside the big bp refinery in grangemouth thats goin on strike and the petrol here is costly..was 1.07 on friday then 1.09 monday then 1.13 this mornin and thats just the standard stuff the ultimate is up closer to 1.20 odds
  7. Necrominion

New CTR owner saying hi

welcome to the site....personally id get the wheels powder coated and ull be lookin around 50 bucks a wheel....as for price u always expect to pay slightly more from a dealers so i wouldnt say it was far off anyway...and i have kept the potenzas on em...maybe not best choice for winter driving...
  8. Necrominion

What colour of rims for satin ep3?

ull pay about 150-200 depending on where u go to get all 4 wheels stripped and powder coated.
  9. Necrominion

Who has the lowest mileage EP3 on here?

16,700 miles...bought it with 12,000 on it in december
  10. Necrominion

DC2 DB8 DC5 Looking to buy a DC5

originally dumbarton now bo,ness . . .
  11. Necrominion

they count as group 20 insurance coz they imports... but put it this way as i said im 24 with 4 years no claims and for my ep3 with protected claims and all cover options i am 800 a year...when i tried recently to check a dc5 out of the maybe 5 companies who would even do it they wanted anywhere...
  12. Necrominion

What colour of rims for satin ep3?

seen a few people with black and it does look sexy
  13. Necrominion

How Many Miles do you do in a week?

bout 250 a week
  14. Necrominion

insurance may not be as cheap as some people make out..im 24 and and have 4 years no claims and ended up gettin an ep3 simply coz insurance on an import dc 5 while under 25 is expensive if its decent and u cant really have anythin less than good cover coz if **** does go wrong a lot of cheaper...
  15. Necrominion

new brakes..

nice.....
  16. Necrominion

new brakes..

lol dont think u have....or will m8 :p ....feel free to add me .....its as it says to the left there <------ not played halo in ages but do enjoy a little forza now and then so if ye think ye can take on ma nsx gimme a shout ;)
  17. Necrominion

Modifying my CTR

don't imagine it can cause any damage to your car.. i'm at about 15,000 miles and about to start addin some mods.... http://www.funkypower.co.uk/ is a good site for checkin out stuff. as for insurance costs don't know i imagine it depends on insurer
  18. Necrominion

new brakes..

couldnt see them there...saw i think a picture but didnt actually have any details on em from what i read anyway ...i could just be an idiot... terry u on xbox live btw ?
  19. Necrominion

new brakes..

is there stoptechs u can get for the rear aswell ? been trying to search for some but havin no luck !!!
  20. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

yer right the link didnt work for me either lol sorry bout that.changed it now anyway) will get some pics up soon as its done and all washed up...my gf is an art teacher and photographer so hopefully shell let me borrow her expensive camera :D
  21. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

was actually checkin some of them out lately....i like the look of the RSS Inox Gm's in 17s but i think i can wait a while..between the new brakes and coilovers im hopin to get soon my insurance will rocket.....dont know how some u guys get such cheap quotes.... im 24 with 4 years NCB protected...
  22. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

you got your wheels done terry? or u just got different alloys ?
  23. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

u think u need to put a red H back on it ? or would it look ok to just have the whole wheel black ?
  24. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

contacted the guy from the garage and he says its 150 roughly for the 4 wheels ..that seem decent enough price? never gave me an idea yet of how long it would take....who is this mook? i dont think ive came across such a beast on here yet ...
  25. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

wheres the best place to get paint for stuff like that ? my gf is an art teacher...wonder if she'll be able to get a hold of anythin decent for that... still cant find any pics of a cosmic with black standard rims :evil:....
  26. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

that long ? the place i was checkin implies its a leave come back few hours later job ? or am i way out with that...what i was meaning was when the do the coating do they leave the honda emblem intact or that just get done over ?
  27. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

right gentlemen...i think tomorrow is the day ... looks like im off tommorow as im riddled with the cold or somethin throats all ****ed...anyway to more pressing matters im goin to get my rims coated...so far 95% thinkin black..any other last minute requests/suggestions that would look good on a...
  28. Necrominion

new brakes..

im same but i could manage to leave it for maybe 3 days max u think this would be enough time
  29. Necrominion

new brakes..

oh and 1 more thing...since ill be gettin the stoptechs and they are bright red.... is it worth paintin my rear callipers red to match? is it easy enough to do it ive never ****ed about with the workings of brakes and such before
  30. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

bronze ? .......you mentallist
  31. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

wheres the best place around glasgow to get wheels coated ?
  32. Necrominion

new brakes..

much appreciated ma man ill let ye know towards the end of week .. think im actually stayin at a m8s house in the south side on thursday night but as i said will let ye know if ill be around when i know 100%... cheers again
  33. Necrominion

new brakes..

lol yer beast pretty loud ? i have been a bassist in a metal band for many years and i do work in a massive powerplant so im quite well atoned to loud noise....you dont get time off for easter ...thats ****.... i get to sit on my ass and still get paid 13 bucks an hour for it :D
  34. Necrominion

new brakes..

i did used to live in dumbarton (for bout 23 years ) and i still head down there every few weekends.... got time off for easter from thursday till tuesday and will be in glasgow for a couple days i think so dependin what yer up to that may be a good idea bro:lol: cheers
  35. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

seen the black on the silver and it looks sweet but ive not spied any cosmics with anythin but standard colour rims on em...you know any links to pics i could see?
  36. Necrominion

new brakes..

im currently residing in bo,ness/grangemouth area...if u have any idea of where that is? you a scotland man yerself?
  37. Necrominion

standard rim colour ...

im gettin a set of stop techs put on shortly and will have nice big red callipers so was thinkin of gettin my alloys coated.. they just the stan dard ctr wheels..what colours u reckon go well with the car...(cosmic) does black work with the cosmic? coz i like keepin it simple..
  38. Necrominion

new brakes..

cheers bro ..advice much appreciated..hopefully be dealing with that in next 2-3 weeks so ill let ye know how it goes
  39. Necrominion

shell V Power

for a high performance engine you shouldnt hesitate to use vpower or ultimate as higher octane = higher performance..but dont expect immediate results. it has to run through yer engine for a few tanks i believe but aye u get more mpg but u pay more so cost wise it works out about the same as the...
  40. Necrominion

new brakes..

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=CIVIC&year=2001%2B+EP3+CIVIC+TYPE+R&level1=BRAKES&level2=BIG+BRAKE+CONVERSION+KITS&level3=&id_product=4627 1,253 + extra 100 to get them zinc coated and drilled... there a big difference between drilled and slotted ?
  41. Necrominion

new brakes..

found thm on funky power for just a few bucks more. and by time i drove to aberdeen id probably make the costs back anyway ...but if i can make a day out of it i may just do that
  42. Necrominion

new brakes..

cool... as i said i dont know much about brakes and was just someone in work told me so was curious.. cheers for the help though bro
  43. Necrominion

new brakes..

i know you shouldnt be braking through corners but im sure yer aware there are times when taking a a bend there may be a sunday driver who happens to be goin slightly slower than yerself and if overtaking aint possible you either have to brake or well.... die..so i choose brake lol
  44. Necrominion

new brakes..

think i might just do that bro specially when your avatar guy looks so intimidating lol... ill probably get some rear discs at somepoint aswell...know anyones that go well for rear ?
  45. Necrominion

new brakes..

ive been told though that if u have performance brakes on the front and just the standards on the back it can cause problems with braking through corners...have no idea if this is true any experience with this at all?
  46. Necrominion

new brakes..

might be a daft question but you got the stop techs on front and back ?
  47. Necrominion

new brakes..

im definately likin the look of the stoptechs and have heard pretty much positive reviews all round from them.. anyone had any bad experience with them i should know about ?
  48. Necrominion

new brakes..

im not overly impressed with the brakin power of the standard ctr brakes...was checkin out others and thinkin of forkin out for the spoon calipers and gettin some spoon pads aswell. these worth the money as i assume itll come in around 1500 all fitted. is it worth my time to replace the discs...
  49. Necrominion

seat covers

cheers man ill check that out... ive been to halfords but they dont fit well to the bucket seats and constantly get pulled off with any movement.
  50. Necrominion

seat covers

Awright lads...there will probably be an answer to this question somehwre already but its 6 in mornin and im just leavin for work so dont have the time to hunt... can you tell me anywhere i can get seat covers for my ctr? i work in a coal power station and the black dust gets everywhere on my...
  51. Necrominion

DC2 DB8 DC5 1998 / 1999 DC2 Type R

actually ull find with current exchange rate 9-12k is more like 4,500-6or7k over here :lol:
  52. Necrominion

spring virgin

sounds pretty good. i assume i can have them delivered to me up here in scotland? and will be able to take them and get them fitted. on the topic or rear camber adjusters can u get them from there also and how much they add to the cost?
  53. Necrominion

spring virgin

im still a little confused with this..to make things simpler im looking to get a good suspension set up and am happy to spend around 1,000 for it.. any suggestions?is it worth goin for the full overhaul ?
  54. Necrominion

NSX R STOLEN.

thats ****in bollocks.. hunt them down ma man....
  55. Necrominion

How much are you forking out for petrol a month?

a month...lol.. probably averagin about 200 little pounds a month on the high octane goodness
  56. Necrominion

spring virgin

where abouts in scotland u fae m8? i is a dumbarton bloke but moved up to bo,ness bout 8 month ago now.... take it thats your baby in the pic ? know any place to get a good deal on the tein ?
  57. Necrominion

spring virgin

i remember u replied but i was in a rush to get to work and when i came back in tonight i couldnt find the thread anymore :D doh.. dont know how low i want it to sit tbh i just want the handling benefits but still being capable to negotiate speed bumps without rippin the **** out of ma car.. did...
  58. Necrominion

spring virgin

;)... recently had a thread on here about what order to mod my ctr in and general opinions point to new springs and lowering to start.....cant find the thread anymore so im usin this new one....Basically ive never had this done to any of my cars before so am lookin for some advice.... with...
  59. Necrominion

which order?

cool cheers lads. already have a mugen exhaust on it so i guess ill start with springs and fast road....was checkin out funkypower.co.uk.. what you guys reckon the best set of springs with regards to value for money...ive got a decent bit of cash lyin around so not bothered if its expensive just...
  60. Necrominion

DC2 DB8 DC5 Picked up DC2 on Sunday!

love the shape on the dc-2 just plain sexy
  61. Necrominion

which order?

Awright ladies and gents. just lookin for some general advice...had my ctr for a couple months now and earnin some good money so lookin to do some tweaks but was wonderin whats the best order to go in as obviously i wont be able to afford all at 1 time... keepin it pretty simple with induction...
  62. Necrominion

Dvd mounts?

Awright ladies and gents. im looking to install a dvd player into my 55 plate ctr. only problem i foresee is that my entire center console is taken up with the built in satnav and audio screen. anyone know anywhere decent to mount a dvd screen and the best way to do it so it doesnt stick out. cheers
  63. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

lol this probably a daft question but i may aswell ask.. does fitting a lsd help yer insurance in anyway since it improves control over your car? or would they take it as an indication u intend to drive a bit harder and be more likely to hit a tree? ( asking soley on the principle of if u would...
  64. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

ok ok from what ive gathered from here and other research i beleive it works as follows.. u get clutch and helical lsd's and from what ive heard the best type for street driving tends to be the helical as it will engage even if both wheels spin whereas the clutch type requires a minimal amount...
  65. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

cool.. thanks for advice bud;)
  66. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

as of yet i do not m8. i only had the ctr for bout 2-3 weeks now but got a mugen exhaust fitted and just plannin out some gear for over the next year or so. been checkin parts out and i understand the basics of how it all works but i dont know enough to compare parts from different companies. I...
  67. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

you know anyone or heard of anyone with the mugen ?>
  68. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

so ignoring money issues for a minute if you could choose between the quaife, spoon and a mugen (or any other for that matter) what would you choose?
  69. Necrominion

Cheap tyres, post 'em here.

ye i know 135 seemed a little steep but i was takin into account buyin 4 which would be 540 plus would get 20% off so would really be about 432 so then yer talkin more 108 per tyre fitted. obviously downside is if i only need 2 i dont get the discount but might be worth buyin 4 anyway.
  70. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

hey bro thanks for the info. was not aware of any additional noise as u mentioned. is it a big put off or is it hardly noticeable? the quaife lsd you mentioned which site did you order from if u did order it online that is...
  71. Necrominion

cheers bro. works out a little cheaper its just over 100 a tyre with fitting so saves bout 10 bucks a tyre if i buy all 4 ;) and even more if im only buyin 2 thanks man very good lookin site.
  72. Necrominion

Looking for info on where to score best prices on the bridgestone potenzas? cheapest ive seen is 135 quid a tyre but 20% off when i buy 4. anyone know of any cheaper in scotland?
  73. Necrominion

Fitting LSD

Been playin with the idea of installin an lsd in ma new civic but have been speaking to people as im not the most mechanically minded although im fully aware of what lsd can do i have been told by some that the money it costs its not really worth the handling benefits and have been told by...
  74. Necrominion

Petrol, Constantly filling up!

I have had my new ctr for about 2-3 weeks and have had a max of 300 miles from a full tank and min of bout 190 ( only use high octane fuel ) personally i think if your gettin over 340 to a tank there is no point in ownin a type r coz u probably never go over 4,000 revs...:p
  75. Necrominion

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

55 plate registered october 2005, just touched 13,000 miles
  76. Necrominion

Grinding noise when engine is first started??

my ctr does it aswell. only 13,000 miles and nothin showed up when it was serviced just seems to happen in mornings when its colder than 5 or 10 degrees. nothin to worry about
  77. Necrominion

ATR's abit poorly, need some advise please guys

check out http://www.funkypower.co.uk/ is a quality site for honda parts and any jap oriented cars for that matter
Back