• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. JamesT

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

Very compliant - these particular coilovers are designed for our roads. They aren't available in Japan. They are more comfortable than the OE setup without a doubt. Being adjustable, can firm them up for track etc.
  2. JamesT

JamesT's 2003 CW DC5 Fresh Import (Enkei RPF1, Personal wheel, Ktuned shifter & more)

Update 900 within 12 minutes : So I have previously had experience with the Ktuned shifter so ordered one. A genuine one. Was a long lead time but it finally arrived and it's a lovely bit of kit. Standard setup : KTuned one in after some tweaking : Lever spun round so it doesn't catch...
  3. JamesT

Another little update - thought I'd upgrade the interior with this : 330mm Suede Personal steering wheel with HKB 'airbag' boss. Standard wheel : Airbag out : Wheel off (spraying some wd40 down the splines really helped remove the wheel) : New wheel fitted : Had to do the reset...
  4. JamesT

Earlier in this thread I said I wanted to get a bumpsteer gauge to measure how effective the inverted tie roads were, compared to the OE style which go on top. Well the gauge arrived today from a motorsport engineering company and I got it set up : The idea of this kit is, to jack/load up...
  5. JamesT

It has been a little while since I've updated my build thread (about 1 minute), and thought this would be suitable! I've wanted RPF1s for years. I know it's quite a common wheel on DC5s and other Hondas, but for good reason; they look the bollocks. I've only ever liked the look of the flat face...
  6. JamesT

So for a while I've been thinking about getting a bucket seat for the Teg. The JDM Recaros are nice to look at for sure, but being 6ft / 13 stone they offer little comfort and even less support. The OCD in me wanted to just replace the drivers seat with another Recaro - the SPG XL (As again...
  7. JamesT

Since I had all bushes/suspension related items changed & refreshed on the car, I needed to get the alignment done as it was driving like a bag of shit. I took it to a local race team who race very successfully in their K20'd EG Civic. I advised them my DC5 is a weekend fast road toy with some...
  8. JamesT

Another little update, I had a strange protruding dent on my passenger door. Was like it when it came over from Japan, so no idea how it happened. I got my local trusted paintless dent repair man out (Steve from Dentpusher) and let him get to work. Before : Steve at work ...
  9. JamesT

So I think it's time for another update. I guess the benefits of lockdown have given me more time & opportunity to work on the DC5. As the front of the car was sorted in terms of bushings, it was now time to change all of the bushes on the rear of the car. So I had this little lot arrive ...
  10. JamesT

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

JDM
  11. JamesT

Thanks mate, yeah should be an awesome example. Dont think I'll ever be "finished" though! For this grade of car and mileage, you're probably looking at around £11k OTR here.
  12. JamesT

Yeah my DC5 is at 78k on its original clutch and as you can see from the photos it needed a change. Same for engine mounts, mine were split - my money would be on the fact your front one is detatched at the same place as mine. (If original)
  13. JamesT

How many miles has your EP3 done? K20'd cars usually require a clutch change around the 70K miles mark. That snatchy pop coming out of gear is usually a sign of the engine moving/slack engine mounts - engine mount inserts can fix this. But if you're having difficulty having smooth shifts at...
  14. JamesT

After all the faffing around fitting the coilovers and changing bushes in the arms etc, my OE tie rod ends had given up the ghost seen here : Now, as the car is pretty low on these Tein coilovers, I was aware of the extreme angles of my steering arms. I knew there were many products on...
  15. JamesT

So, I wanted a bit of noise from the intake. I haven't really decided which route I'm going to go down yet (ITBs / GruppeM / Long Ram Cold Air intake / ARC intake etc). So till then I bought something really cheap and heatsoaky - but gives me the noise I want for now. The filter in the...
  16. JamesT

After having a few K20'd cars in my time, I know them very well - especially DC5/EP3. I knew the clutch in this DC5 needed changing as it was difficult to shift when in high revs, plus getting the odd bit of crunching too. I did contemplate whether I could be bothered doing the clutch...
  17. JamesT

Next thing to tackle was cleaning/detailing. Quick Wash: The obligatory side decals blown off by pressure washer - they were old and crispy anyway: State of the paint, the blur from the light shining on the paintwork says it all! : A few passes on the top right square...
  18. JamesT

So the headlights were bugging me. They were a bit yellowed, but I could see someone else had had a go at polishing them with no improvement. To be honest, it looked like it was just a real fine dust inside them. I couldnt be arsed with the whole splitting them open to clean them, as you never...
  19. JamesT

Something most of us have had to do with fresh imports, remove the JDM tat that they fit. Big w4nky mini disk double dins, ETC stuff, Defi gauge on its last legs, weird cables etc. Replaced the head unit with a Pioneer double din Apple Car Play jobby from a chap on the DC5 forum...
  20. JamesT

Whilst the car was on the water en route to the UK, I had the itch...and made a couple of purchases. 2nd hand Mugen Twinloop catback. I'm tired of loud exhausts now, so this will do nicely - plus build quality is decent. New Tein Advance Z coilovers (height and damping adjustable), front...
  21. JamesT

Hello chaps, Thought it was about time to document my build on here, for the third DC5 I've owned. Had a few cars from Mike at Torque GT and can honestly say it has always been a pleasure. However, this time I dealt with BHP Imports (specifically Baz as I used to work with him years ago in the...
  22. JamesT

I'm back again - got something on order!

Unlikely mate :(
  23. JamesT

A moment of madness obviously. I had just bought a house so was looking to reduce some outgoings, and it was a cheap lease. Never again!
  24. JamesT

Yeah the S2K is a nice place to be. Feels higher quality than other Hondas I've had. It's a great car! It's actually my FD2 in the original post. Here's some more pictures of it - the rear eyebrows and black wrap will clearly be coming off & binned!
  25. JamesT

The VXR had no character or charisma. The gearbox was the same M32 box which they use in Fiats & other sh*t cars. Gearshift feel was terrible, notchy. Work the box enthusiastically and you will always get a cringe worthy crunch. Gearknob wasn't ergonomically designed, actually hurt my hand...
  26. JamesT

Yeah it felt like I was learning to drive from scratch again. Definitely a car to be treated with respect.
  27. JamesT

FD2 will be tracked for sure. The S2000 is such a tidy low mileage example, I'd feel bad taking it on track - plus I'd probably stack it anyway as have had a few hairy moments!
  28. JamesT

Hello chaps, Been a little while since I've been on the Honda forums so I thought I'd update what has been happening in my world. Some of you may remember my Facelift DC5 - I then made a huge f*cking mistake of selling it and getting a new Corsa VXR. I swear to god it was the biggest pile...
  29. JamesT

Type R #9 CW FD2

JDM.
  30. JamesT

JamesT's Facelift DC5 - Kakimoto exhaust & Bilstein coilovers fitted

Yeah that sound at 20 seconds in is how the exhaust sounds in reality, when in vtec.
  31. JamesT

I wouldn't say it was deep in person, it's more of a hollow air-rushing sound. Definitely not raspy though like 90% of other systems. Can hardly hear it in the car, almost silent cruising.
  32. JamesT

I wonder how much louder it'll be with a header....
  33. JamesT

Little video showing the sound of the Kaki! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wY1o3Z4Dg&feature=youtu.be
  34. JamesT

Slammed Sun, must have been at the bottom of the threads haha
  35. JamesT

Good question mate. Rob asked me that yesterday. I'm just going to enjoy it for a while, few trackdays etc - especially as I've just bought a house! I will be looking at some gearbox mods (final drive etc), and then ultimately a bit more power.
  36. JamesT

Full catback Ed. The Regu06&R has a unique sound for a K20, definitely a woosh jet sound rather than rasp.
  37. JamesT

So this little beaut arrived for me today from Japan. Kakimoto Regu06&R An easy 30 minute fit and the badboy is on! Almost OEM sounding when cruising, and like a jet fighter when in VTEC. Perfect! Ideally it could sit higher, but I think that's just the way exhausts sit on...
  38. JamesT

I know what you're going through with the wait - I was even tracking the ship it was on like a sad c*nt!
  39. JamesT

My 2008 Honda Civic Type R FD2

I need to rag the **** out of yours first JDM Dott.
  40. JamesT

Amazing. I want one.
  41. JamesT

Haha, I mostly frequent on ITR-DC5 these days mate :) Should be lovely once it's all set up. Who knows what's next after that, maybe just trackdays and enjoy it.....
  42. JamesT

About time for another update! So, I did a trackday - This corner was at about 90mph, rear nearside wheel off the ground but was definitely too much body roll from the OEM suspension. So recently I bought a K-Tuned shifter arm, and a Tegiwa short shift kit. The DC5 already has a decent...
  43. JamesT

S2KIP's S2000

Troll update without pics/info.
  44. JamesT

S2KIP's S2000

Agreed - my HEL lines are perfect :)
  45. JamesT

Getting closer! I remember this feeling :)
  46. JamesT

So I thought it about about time for another little update. Today I popped down to Surrey Rolling Road to see my good friend Romain. He had a Hondata K100 waiting for me. I only have an Injen short ram intake fitted. Everything else is stock. The result was pretty damn good considering the...
  47. JamesT

How have I only just seen this thread? :) Lovely car, I know the pain you're currently going through for the wait! Those Weds wheels are seriously seriously lightweight.
  48. JamesT

FK2 FK2 general discussion

Especially when the central blade looks identical on the concept and production car (apart from the brake light integration)
  49. JamesT

Would have been more accurate if it was the same driver in all of the cars..
  50. JamesT

Remember the Megane was only 4 seconds slower so it's very possible for the Civic to do it in the time stated. It's definitely grown on me - I wonder what the lease deals will be like on it. PCP can foad.
  51. JamesT

Would have looked a lot better left on the bonnet.
  52. JamesT

Steering wheel looks like it's from Toys R Us ffs!
  53. JamesT

But the wheels are still supporting it! The spoiler is rank.
  54. JamesT

Indeed - got a set off eBay for £15, really helps freshen things up.
  55. JamesT

I started off by picking off the bits of lacquer where ever I could. I then started using wet&dry on them, but I wasn't getting on it with it. The paint is really thin and it was rubbing through to the metal in some places. I had much better results with different grades of wire wool. Got all...
  56. JamesT

It's been a while since I did an update, so here's a little one. Since the last update I've - - Refurbed the Brembos. Wasn't a perfect job but they now look a lot better. - Fitted the freshly refurbed wheels with new tyres. - Fitted the new OEM Honda wheel nuts, this freshens it up a lot...
  57. JamesT

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Yeah the DC5 wheels are ET60 so will sit in 15mm compared to EP3 wheels.
  58. JamesT

Ben's 2005 EP3 Civic Type AAAAAARRRRR!

Are you sticking my DC5 wheels on your EP? :)
  59. JamesT

What's it worth..

Always strip the parts.
  60. JamesT

Benz 30th Anniversary Type R *246bhp 172lbft*

Nice bike - I used to have a Lapierre X-Flow 512 :)
  61. JamesT

So, today was pretty eventful. My offside front suspension top mount was buggered, knocking and banging over every bump, see the bush here - So Torque GT sent me another one free of charge and I changed that over - Took the car for a drive and it had sorted it completely, no more...
  62. JamesT

Looking for cars for online magazine

It would be helpful to know what the site was.
  63. JamesT

Yep. I'm so used to Romains maps that I've been kind of spoilt with them. So even though the K20A OEM map is miles apart from the EP3 K20A2 OEM map (note no dip at VTEC kick, this is due to the different cams) it still lacks that midrange grunt that I'm used to.
  64. JamesT

So I popped down to Surrey Rolling Road today to see my good friend Romain. Just got a basic power run to see how much power she was putting out before I start to tinker. Looks strong - car is stock. [/URL] Intake / Header / Catback have been purchased, K100 will be fitted and mapped start...
  65. JamesT

OEM manifold with de cat and map ??

Waste of time, I did it about 10 years ago and made hardly any power when remapped. Race header is the only way to make the real gains.
  66. JamesT

S2KIP's S2000

Needs a driveby in Vtec. In 6th..
  67. JamesT

S2KIP's S2000

Stunning exhaust mate. Great choice!
  68. JamesT

Garry's 251.1bhp 181.6lbft Cosmic ep3 - kpro, rota, BBK, skunk intake

Come on post up the latest dyno figures :)
  69. JamesT

This is what my A pillar covers look like, the clean line is from where the door seal sits over it and basically blocks the cig smoke from it.... They've been binned, and fresh ones fitted!
  70. JamesT

No not at all, its a 9 year old car. Bound to have little issues!
  71. JamesT

..Oh and I've bought a new rear cluster, as some clever sod thought it would be a good idea to drill into one of them in Japan, fcuk knows why!
  72. JamesT

Just the A pillar covers, mine are stained from 60 JDM fags a day being blown at them with closed windows.
  73. JamesT

Well I've bought new A pillars. And to get rid of the smoke smell, I've bought - http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=odor&PN=odor-rescue-interior-deodorizing-kit%2ehtml#aODOR Leave this jobby in the car for 12 hours and the smell should be gone - fingers crossed!
  74. JamesT

Kent - but comes over to the west country to visit now and then. He'll be here in a couple of weeks actually...
  75. JamesT

Let's do this! I'm sure JDM Raven would be game also. Rollestone camp is 10 mins away from my work in Chitterne! I've been throwing everything at it from my arsenal - Nothing's touched it yet - the A pillars are a joke, will get a picture up to show what I'm dealing with!
  76. JamesT

Black cars are awesome as long as sun isn't shining directly on them IMO. Most rewarding vs elbow grease. I saw a CW FL at Torque GT when I was picking mine up, it had the Modulo kit on it, but I'm really not a fan. Much prefer the Mugen lip kit. Sounds good mate - never really thought about...
  77. JamesT

Cheers fellas - It's a right novelty driving a stock Type R you know :lol:
  78. JamesT

Ah fair enough - good luck with that. I do love the blue facelifts! Don't think I could own another NHB Honda though (It is NHB on the FL DC5 isn't it?), after my Premier EP3, no matter how well I cleaned and polished it, look at it in direct sunlight and I wanted to jump off a cliff :lol:
  79. JamesT

Oh really? Torque GT got nothing coming over at the moment? What spec/age DC5 are you after? Probably not fella, might drop Integrastella a line to see what he has. We pulled the rubber seal away from the a pillar trim as well and the colour difference was crazy. I swear the Japanese just...
  80. JamesT

So this weekend I gave the car its first bath. Then after a foam, wash, dcon, clay, polish, glaze, sealant and wax - here's the finished product, all nice and protected for our sh*tty winter coming. You only really get to 'know' about the car after you've...
  81. JamesT

So I've got it home - amazing. I've had EP3s and JDM DC2s in the past and it feels great to be back. Arse is a bit sore from the recaros though haha! Gearknob needed a refurb - So a bit of a sand and a polish and it's now like this - Also, pulled out about a tonne of JDM tat. The...
  82. JamesT

Yeah the JDM Recaros are a tight fit!
  83. JamesT

Looking forward to Recaro arse on the way home :)
  84. JamesT

So, car is ready. I should get a letter from the DVLA this week stating it has been registered. So I'm picking it up this Saturday! Been a long wait...
  85. JamesT

Todd's Championship White Honda Integra DC5.

What about yee? A proper enthusiast here.... Love this thread & your attention to detail.
  86. JamesT

It's still going to be 3+ weeks. Needs IVA / registration etc. DVLA and VOSA aren't the swiftest chaps. :(
  87. JamesT

Higgmeisters K20 DC2 Build

He sold it and built a turbo S2K, but he was going to go dry sump. It was only ever the sump he smashed.
  88. JamesT

My friend smashed 3 sumps and dumped oil every time :(
  89. JamesT

EP3 Driveway Motorsport

Love this kind of overhaul thread :) subscribed
  90. JamesT

I've been in a K20 DC2, they shift! Watch out for sump smashing though (or going dry sump?)
  91. JamesT

Look what has docked... (Thanks to an insider in Southampton docks!) And the boat all the way from Japan - Can't wait :)
  92. JamesT

Getting close! Docks tomorrow.
  93. JamesT

Yeah I had the AD08's on my DC2, were good. I can just tell there will be no stock once the car comes into the country. I could stock up on them now I suppose, maybe Torque GT can reimburse me!
  94. JamesT

Yeah I've read the RE070's are a bit iffy in the wet Karlos. Hmmm, might even get back on the Federal RSR's as they were decent for me on my EP3.
  95. JamesT

People on the Clio forums seem to be liking these tyres at the moment - "Syron Street Race" @ £60 each for 17" But as with most things, get what you pay for. Anyone had any experiences with this tyre?
  96. JamesT

Yeah you're right Chris, the RE070's would be 225/45 - heard some mixed reviews about them so will look into it more. £78 delivered though is a bargain...if they're any good. At least the AD08Rs will be OEM size, some listed on eBay of all places!
Back