• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. doc_loco

Someone cut me up and hit my car and claimed on insurance that I hit them from behind

I was driving in the right lane of a two lane A road with a three land round about. I was in the correct lane (middle) on the roundabout to get to the right lane at the other end. Someone on my left aggressively accelerated and cut me up to go around the roundabout. She hit me and her bumper got...
  2. doc_loco

can't identify aftermarket suspension

Hi All, I purchased my car with an aftermarket suspension but I cannot figure out what it is as I cannot see any obvious labels. I do however have one sticker. Does any one know what suspension I have? I initially had a gut feeling it was a spoon n1 but I cannot see the spoon writing as it is...
  3. doc_loco

Oil leak potential locations

Hi Guys, I have been trying to determine a location of a small oil leak I have but cannot find where it is coming from. I have changed the rocker cover gasket as the leak seemed to be comming from up top. The thing is, because the oil leak is not major, I cannot see an obvious place that it can...
  4. doc_loco

EP3 2002 PFL replacing alarm board help

Hi All, Does anyone have a step by step guide for me on how to remove my driver seat and the carpet as I have to replace my hamilton and palmer alarm board thats gone kaboom! Kind Regards, Jayson
  5. doc_loco

Passenger side window randomly stopped working

Hi All, My passenger side window just suddenly stopped working. It was working fine and it just stopped. I had no problems with the motor prior at all. Any ideas? Is there a separate fuse for each window. The button is not working on both my side or passenger side and im so frustrated...
  6. doc_loco

Mugen Carbon Fibre Bonnet needs re coating

Hi all, My carbon fibre bonnet needs to be recoated and was wondering how much this would cost and where I can do it. At the moment there is no coating and i can rub my hand over the bonnet and feel the ridges of the carbon fibre. Any advise is very much appreciated and also how much it...
  7. doc_loco

Tyre advise: 205 45 17 on front and 205 50 17 on rears

Hi All, I was given a really good deal on a set of 4 new tyres however they the two tyres on the rear are a 205 50 17. Wondering what effects this would have if any (potentially handling) and if this is ok to run. Reason I ask is because I have always ran 215 40 17 all round till the last...
  8. doc_loco

Air conditioner condenser rad

Yesterday I tried to turn on my AC and there was no cold air coming out. So I tried to fill it with a recharge kit and the pressure dropped immediately. I then did some investigation to find to my horror that the condeser seems to be damaged quite badly. Looking towards the rad throguh the...
  9. doc_loco

Flywheel and Ring gear problems

Hi All, After noticing I had start up problems I changed my starter motor to discover that it still has starting problems. Looking at the teeth on the flywheel everything looks perfect. I have now discovered that the ring gear might be loose and spinning around the flywheel. Has this ever...
  10. doc_loco

Does anyone know where the starter motor is on an ep3?

Hi all, I need to replace my starter motor but I have no clue where it is. I think its below the intake manifold but i cant be sure. I cant see anything from under the car neither. I don't want to take things apart if I do not need to. Can anyone help? Thanks all.
  11. doc_loco

Has anyone change the starter motor themselves?

Hi Guys, My starter motor is starting to stick and get difficult to start it unless my clutch is depressed. Has anyone changed it themselves and if so can you run me through how I am suppose to do it. I can't get through to it from the engine bay so I am guessing its an under the car job. But...
  12. doc_loco

Reliable Wheel Alignment in the North London Area?

I had my wheel tracking done when I changed both my front tyres however its pulling to the left and more noticeable on the motorway. Also, the car judders above 60mph. Does anyone know a reliable place where I can get this done on my EP3?
  13. doc_loco

Attempted break in through windscreen

I think I had an attempted break in last night through the windscreen. I reported it to the police and got my insurance company to sort it out for my ep3. I think they tried to use glass cutters. My question is this. My insurance company use a company called autowshield. Will the replacement...
  14. doc_loco

Hamilton and Palmer remote Fob

Does anyone here know where I can get hold of a Hamilton and Palmer 2b remote fob for my 02 plate CTR? I have identified the problem that I have been trying to figure out for a year where everything on my current fob would work except lock the car itself. It even sets the alarm! I have figured...
  15. doc_loco

Does any one Know how to programme my honda keyfob?

I have the following keyfob but it will not programme to my car even though it is the keyfob that came with my car. The other style key fobs which two of my mates have program just fine. Is there a different way to program these ones? I have attached the photo of my key fob
  16. doc_loco

Does anyone know where the central locking relay is on the ep3 type R?

My fob arms and disarms and unlocks the door but does not lock. Does anyone know where the relay is located in the car? I cant find it because i do not have the cover for the fuse box and do not know wherei t is any how. Thank you
  17. doc_loco

vibe QB69 fitting

I've got a pair of Vibe QB69s from my old car that has been sitting around at home and I figured it was time I fitted them in. I currently have a sub in the car and want to get rid of it for the boot space however from previous experience I know that these 6x9s are so heavy they would ruin the...
  18. doc_loco

facelight front lights on pre-facelift EP3

Can a facelift headlight fit a prefacelift EP3? Or is it not as straight forward?
  19. doc_loco

No eBay links

20. doc_loco

AEM Short Ram

I have an AEM short Ram with a cone filter that is shielded with a carbon fibre heatshield. This came with the car. Initially the car was sluggish so I decided to clean it. I could not take the heatshield off because the screws had somehow managed to degrade and trying to unscrew them is...
  21. doc_loco

wire missing behind door card

Hi guys, I took my door card off today to put a new mirror on my car and found that a wire is missing from half way down the door. It is one wire that branches off into two sockets. Its the skinny socket that is missing. I checked under my other door card and it is all connected up fine. Do...
  22. doc_loco

Centre console garnish

Has anyone got a write up of how to replace the centre console for the civic type r EP3? I am getting mine replaced as it has been through hell when someone broke in a stole the system and completely ruined the silver console. Cheers in advance
  23. doc_loco

Driver side wing mirror PRE_FACELIFT

Ive got a damaged wing mirror and need a replacement but Honda are charging some silly moneys. Does anyone know where I can get a replacement from? I've checked ebay but there aren't any in Black. Cheers
  24. doc_loco

Car not pulling, feels slow and sluggish

Hi guys, For a while now my cars not being doing too well. It used to be explosive on the rev range and now it feels very sluggish. It was decatted for 2 years and it was fine. i recently put the cat back on and there are no CEL lights at all. In fact after putting the cat back on the car felt...
  25. doc_loco

Car Died on me! HELP SMOKE!

I was driving and then starting hearing a very strange sound like a loud squeaking squeeling sound which quickly turned to a grinding sound. I quickly saw that there was smoke coming from under the hood and turn the car off. I popped the hood to see what was wrong and saw that there was smoke...
  26. doc_loco

No Vtec in 6th gear

Hi guys, I'm having a slight issue.... my car engages vtec in every gear except 6th gear. Do you guys have any ideas? Or has anyone else here been through something similar?
  27. doc_loco

Heater Circuit Fuse and 02 sensor fuse location

Does anyone know where these fuses are in the Civic Type R EP3? I have not got the cover for the fusebox under my dash so I do not know what fuse it is. I need to check to make sure that these fuses have not popped as I have a P0135 code. Thanks in advance guys.
  28. doc_loco

P0135

I am getting this code on my car for some reason and it keeps coming back when I clear it. My car is decatted but I have never had this code before. If any thing I would be expecting the cat efficiency below threshold code. Would this affect the performance of my car?
  29. doc_loco

Experiences of people who decatted their cars

I've got a question to people that decatted their EP3 type Rs WHO didnt map their ecu's. Did you guys see a noticeable DROP in performance? Such as the car having flat acceleration spots below 3000 revs?
  30. doc_loco

0-60 time with three people in the car

With say 3 people in the car, what would the 0-60 time be for the EP3? I got a question as I did a wide open acceleration and it came up almost 8.5 seconds? This can't be right?
  31. doc_loco

Silver colour on door grip

Hi guys, What is the actual colour of the silver on the door grips and on the centre dash? I am looking to respray mine but there are several different type of spray paint silver, such as satin silver, vogue silver, nobel silver and blade silver. Any ideas? Cheers
  32. doc_loco

Fog Lights

How would i go about fitting in a new pair of foglights for the front bumper into my ep3 as mine have blown? I do not have the manual so I do not have the instructions on how to do this Cheers
  33. doc_loco

RPM dropping when not in gear or clutch is down

Recently, I have noticed that for a split second especially on hills that my idle RPM drops below 900 and then comes back up. It does not fee like it is about to stall, but it just judders a split second and i see the RPM drop to about 700 then it comes back up. I notice this especially when the...
  34. doc_loco

ECU Fuse

Does anyone have a diagram of the Fuse box for the EP3 type r? I haven't got the manual or the cover for the fusebox so I do not know which one it is as I wish to reset the ECU without losing my sound system settings through removing the negative battery terminal. Cheers
  35. doc_loco

Petrol Smell in oil filler cap

I've just had my head gasket replaced 2 weeks ago and through my paranoia i've been constantly checking my oil and water levels. But yesterday, first time I noticed that there is a smell of petrol on my oil filler cap. I pulled out the dipstick and smelt it and there is a smell of petrol on here...
  36. doc_loco

Disable Engine Management Light Due to Cat bypass

How do I turn off my engine management light due to the Spoon bypass pipe I've installed in my car?
  37. doc_loco

Central Locking Problem

My Car remote fob unlocks the car and disarms the alarm when I press unlock, but when I press lock only the alarm sets. The door does not lock. You guys have any ideas?
  38. doc_loco

Gear changes

I've had my type R for about two months now and i need some advice. To get the most efficiency and speediest acceleration without breaking anything, do you guys take first gear to vtec or not? I'm split on this one, because I have a mate also with a type R and he VTECs his car in EVERY gear. Is...
  39. doc_loco

Bonnet Release Lever

I've broken my bonnet release lever under the dash. Does anyone know where to get a replacement from? Im having to use pliers to open it!
  40. doc_loco

Head Gasket Replacement

Does any one know how much it would cost to replace the head gasket as I think mine is going? I'm seeing the dreaded thick white smoke when I start it but this dissapears after the car is warm, but also my coolant levels are dropping. I've checked for leaks and can't find and visual ones and my...
  41. doc_loco

Remote alarm opens but doesn't lock car

I'm stumped on this one. My alarm sets when I press the remote to arm it but does not lock the door. However when I lock it from the key and arm the alarm, and then disarm it, it opens up and disarms the alarm. Any tips?
Back