• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. type-r-gaz

My DC5 Integra (C Pack) New Pictures!! Pg3 Mod list added Pg1

cheers for the info mate, will look to do this.
  2. type-r-gaz

Spoon n1 measurements

ideal thanks alot mate
  3. type-r-gaz

My DC5 Integra (C Pack) New Pictures!! Pg3 Mod list added Pg1

car looks sweet mate, how does that megs headlight restoration work? mine are looking shocking and need some work
  4. type-r-gaz

Spoon n1 measurements

40mm tip doesnt sound very big, infact that sounds tiny, can anyone confirm this? thanks for the reply though mate
  5. type-r-gaz

Spoon n1 measurements

does anyone know or could anyone measure a spoon n1 for me?? basically want to know the size of the tip and how far it sticks out from the silencer?
  6. type-r-gaz

Air conditioner condenser rad

does anyone know how much gas goes into the system? also do i really need to get a receiver drier?
  7. type-r-gaz

mis-fire when hot??

ok thanks for the reply mate, i'll change the plugs and see where that takes me cheers
  8. type-r-gaz

mis-fire when hot??

i've got a strange problem, when i start my car in the morning its fine, runs good, does everything it should. but when i get to work about 15-20 mins away and stop the car then try and restart it i get a mis-fire. I'm not sure whats causing it but a mate suggested spark plugs might not be...
  9. type-r-gaz

Suggestions and Help!!

got a phobia of being low on fuel and there is an emergency, wouldnt want to have to find a petrol station before getting somewhere quickly, plus like has been said, each to their own.
  10. type-r-gaz

Suggestions and Help!!

the only time its been below 1/4 is when i bought it, its just gone under half and i'll be topping it up again this weekend
  11. type-r-gaz

Suggestions and Help!!

dont ever let mine get low on fuel, never below quarter of a tank, dont want to start dragging crap through the system, i'd say keep a close eye on it and if the code doesnt flash up again then you've found the issue
  12. type-r-gaz

it feels so good to be back!

welcome back. did the exact same step as you. Sold first one due to family circumstances and said i'd be back which finally i am.
  13. type-r-gaz

looking for a decent double din headunit

was looking at this one earlier mate, looks nice. good spec and ticked all the boxes for me. decent price too http://www.caraudiocentre.co.uk/product_m-pioneer-avh-2300dvd_p-26822.htm
  14. type-r-gaz

My new NHB Facelift *NEW MOD*

cheers mate, was definately the best mod i did, they are so comfy
  15. type-r-gaz

new mod!!!!!! Fitted a skunk 2 gear knob. Really nice feel to it. I fitted it without the nut because it screwed tight into the right place and looks nicer lower down. Anyone else done the same?
  16. type-r-gaz

Whats good value on an ep3/overpriced?

cant buy a car for re-sale value. get some pics up when you get it...... also welcome to the 53 plate facelift club
  17. type-r-gaz

nice one. Glad you found one. Just enjoy it now.
  18. type-r-gaz

Silver does suffer from different shade bumpers in pictures, the silver one i had looked a complete different silver on the front bumper but you couldnt notice it when looking at the car, so best thing to do is go and have a look mate. Good luck, and all this fuss will be worth it if you buy a gem.
  19. type-r-gaz

i'd ask him about it, and if he tries spinning you a line say actually they are chain driven. I'd still look at it as he may just not have decent knowledge of the car, check the history. i wouldnt pay any more than 5k for it, but thats the perfect world, Would possibly stretch to 5.2k. Depends...
  20. type-r-gaz

Be cautious as Type R's dont have timing belts, they have chains which shouldnt need replacing other than if they have stretched. So either they are dumb or something was a miss. Would be a question i would ask them..... other than that looks tidy
  21. type-r-gaz

Becca's 245bhp NHB EP3 & UKDM DC2...

nice video. Car looks awesome, Loving the evo wheels
  22. type-r-gaz

Thanks guys, yeah the accord seats were lovely just annoying that they didnt tilt. Hopefully find some nice Premier seats or Anniversary seats for this one
  23. type-r-gaz

Well i've been back in the Vtec club for 4 weeks now and only just got round to posting up pics on here. Drove 2 and a half hours for this one, Looked really good in the advert, was put on autotrader on the wednesday and i picked it up thursday afternoon, luckily beat 3 other people to it...
  24. type-r-gaz

black is a nightmare to keep clean but looks amazing when it is clean. I've had a satin silver type r before and it was the easiest car to keep clean, even when dirty it looks clean lol. But silver doesnt really stand out, every other car you see on the road is silver. Red looks awesome when...
  25. type-r-gaz

just as a guide mate, i've just bought a NHB facelift 53 reg 75k miles fsh for £4400
  26. type-r-gaz

Sams Satin Silver EP3 Type R

looks very nice mate
  27. type-r-gaz

How To Fit Accord Type R Seats to EP3

not as far as i know, think you have to use the dc5 rails.
  28. type-r-gaz

*Satin Type R* New Seats Fitted

yeah i was supprised how mucky mine got. Satin's look very nice when they are shining, Best colour by far
  29. type-r-gaz

They are forsale in the parts section mate
  30. type-r-gaz

Just left the car wet mate and used the quick detailer to lube it up then run the clay across the bodywork horizontally in small sections at a time re working the clay when it gets too dirty. It's easy when u get goin, just a bit nerve racking when u start
  31. type-r-gaz

cheers lads. Enzo i would really recommend the meguires clay kit, Such an amazing improvement, the amount of dirt that came off that car after apparently being 'washed' was incredible.
  32. type-r-gaz

**UPDATE** After the crappy weather we'd been having my car had suffered a few marks on the body work, felt like someone had sprayed it with sand. So thought i'd give the clay a go, I've read so much about it and i must say the thought of it made me scared, but i took the plunge and spent...
  33. type-r-gaz

problem posting in forsale section

Thanks for your help, I tried again earlier and it worked so must of been catching up like you said. Thanks alot
  34. type-r-gaz

:smt102 thanks for the reply, very helpful
  35. type-r-gaz

i have now reached the minimum amount of days to be able to post and it still wont let me
  36. type-r-gaz

sorry just read my join date and its not been 60 days. seems like i've been on here forever.
  37. type-r-gaz

Hi, i've recently reached the 50 post count and i've been a member for well over 60 days but i cant seem to be able to put up a forsale thread. can anyone help?
  38. type-r-gaz

My Evo 8! now forsale pg23

2 of the best evo's i've seen, exactly how i'd have one looking
  39. type-r-gaz

White DC5 Type-R

i like that alot, would love a dc5
  40. type-r-gaz

My Cosmic Premier EP3

looks very tidy mate
  41. type-r-gaz

Quite a few things gone wrong, please help..

i'd say the knocking might be anti roll bar drop links,
  42. type-r-gaz

bit of a taster for my self (jdm ep3)

jdm's look awesome. I love white type r's, and the red interior sets it off perfectly
  43. type-r-gaz

Gutted Car tax :(

Tax is stupidly overpriced. Driving the roads of somerset is a nightmare, dodging pot holes and when the weather gets cold theres not a gritter in sight. So basically i pay £215 a year for a few days of fine weather weaving around the holes.
  44. type-r-gaz

Drivers door wont unlock in arctic weather

excellent, thanks for the comments guys will try those few tips. at first i thought the door was frozen shut but worked out that the pin wasnt operating, but the passenger door works fine so my only thinking was that the drivers lock mechanism wasnt working properly
  45. type-r-gaz

Drivers door wont unlock in arctic weather

During these colder days i am having difficulty unlocking the drivers do with the key fob, the pin wont come up meaning i have to climb through the passenger door to gain entry. Now this looks extremely stupid and quite embarrasing. Does anyone have a remedy for this or is it new lock time?
  46. type-r-gaz

Nice one doug! But does seem a long winded way of doing it as there is plenty of adjustment the way I've done it allowing people to get into the back, but aslong as they are in that's all that matters!
  47. type-r-gaz

And there was me thinking i had problems when i try to mod things. Good work though mate, Should be an animal once its in.
  48. type-r-gaz

could try it, i was told 60mm, but used 50mm as that was long enough.
  49. type-r-gaz

The original bolts have a finer thread but with a bit of persuation the m10 fits fine
  50. type-r-gaz

i must admit i did enjoy my time on pgac, But like you said it did slow up really quickly, still good friends with an ex regional co-ordinator.
  51. type-r-gaz

mine needed a new gearbox, 2 new driveshafts in first month. i see you are a member of pgac? i used to be on there, went to a few meets around my way. dont remember seeing any pictures of your car on the site though mate
  52. type-r-gaz

Very fun cars, great for some twisty action, not the most reliable though
  53. type-r-gaz

black with a hint of green really, so there is colour to break it up
  54. type-r-gaz

Thanks suits, Must say your car was my inspiration, Loved the interior as soon as i saw it in yours
  55. type-r-gaz

didnt want the ripspeed look, this is why i went for these seats. But each to there own
  56. type-r-gaz

New mod time. Honda Accord Type R seats
  57. type-r-gaz

Here they are. Half way through fitting them And the finished product, very happy with how it turned out, a must have mod for all those with pre-facelift interior
  58. type-r-gaz

Seat differences.

you can get people in the back with ATR seats, stop being lazy and wind the back forward. lol god these people with their little tilt forward handles. takes about 2 turns to get the back forward enough to get a large person in, a small person can get in with just moving the seat forward...
  59. type-r-gaz

in process of cleaning all the interior, can't have new seats without cleaning the rest. lol. will get some posted in a bit
  60. type-r-gaz

Its sorted now mate, Please follow original post. You can use M10 washers as your spacer, this is what most people use when fitting DC5 rails, just use enough to make up about a 25mm space. I only used a spacer as i found the perfect peice of piping to cut down to size.
  61. type-r-gaz

***UPDATE*** Please disregard these last few posts about seat not going back far enough. This was my stupidity, i used a longer bolt to get the driver seat in not realising that this fouled the rear of the runner hense stopping the seat from going back, Replaced with a shorter M10 50mm bolt...
  62. type-r-gaz

i used a spacer in the end mate, it was 25mm long and just needs to be big enough to house an m10 bolt.
  63. type-r-gaz

good idea doug, should get mine sorted either tomorrow or at the weekend, i'm sure between us we can make this guide 100% perfect for other people to use if they want to fit these seats.
  64. type-r-gaz

yeah i'll keep this thread up-dated with the progress as its a great mod to do, but there is so little info on fitting them. These seats are super comfortable even if mine is currently sat about 2 inches too far forward!
  65. type-r-gaz

carbon wrapped airbox mate, Would be very subtle, Think polished ali would look a bit poncy. Love this car exactly how i'd want an evo to look
  66. type-r-gaz

I've now decided to drill new holes to suit the existing holes on the seats hense allowing the seat to be further back. Looking at the runners you can drill holes to fit the seat without the notches getting in the way. I am 6ft
  67. type-r-gaz

Yeah i'm guessing the same suits, I will have to find a set of premier seat rails, but they are as rare as that rocking horse stuff
  68. type-r-gaz

There will be an update to this guide in due course as after fitting the seats to the car they are slightly too far forward, only by about 2 inches but this makes all the difference to the driving position, problem being that the DC5 seat rails have notches along the bolt edge so where the bolt...
  69. type-r-gaz

Rocker Cover Painting Questions

There's a guy on civictype-r.co.uk called brencivic, he does them and puts them in the forsale section. Have a look, Think he will do them in any colour you want on an exchange basis.
  70. type-r-gaz

Thanks mate, I've tried to highlight the holes which need work but hasn't come out very well in the pic's
  71. type-r-gaz

After seeing these fitted to an EP3 Civic Type R i just had to have them, they suited the pre-facelift interior perfectly and i didnt want to pay £800 for a premier interior. Although there was no guide on how to install them i thought i'd set one up for other people to look at. To...
  72. type-r-gaz

How do you check to see if a car is a cat D, C etc?

i thought it was meant to say on the logbook? obviously that would also be down to the owner declaring it, or am i miles off?
  73. type-r-gaz

Thanks for the replies guys, the mk3 astra turbo was absolutely mental, the only car I've owned that just kept pulling and pulling until it ran out of gears and still had more to give
  74. type-r-gaz

has yours got black wheels? looks quite nice in your avatar, I'm thinking of anthracite wheels
  75. type-r-gaz

brakes squeaking.

its a couple layers that sit in the back of the pads, i lost one side of mine somehow and that side squeeks, have to keep taking it apart and cleaning and re greasing to stop it. pain in the rear but only takes 10 mins, i'm a pro at it now lol
  76. type-r-gaz

lol, funny you should say that mate. i've had that comment a million times from family and friends etc, This one will be staying for a while as i absolutely love it. Its great fun
  77. type-r-gaz

just manually put them forward, its not a big deal and i don't have many people in the back anyway. Already thought of this and decided it wasnt an issue hence buying them. I did think about fn2 seats but decided i didn't want my car to weigh 2 tonnes, also looked at premier seats but couldnt...
  78. type-r-gaz

have a look round mate, i got them uber cheap out of a crashed accord. will be doing a thread on fitting them when i get some seat rails as there isn't much info about
  79. type-r-gaz

brakes squeaking.

also did you bed them in properly? if you fit new brakes and then go out driving a stamp on the pedal straight away this can cause squeeking. And as above anti-squeel backings and copper grease are a must
  80. type-r-gaz

Thought i'd post up a few pics of my progress so far. Will start with a few of my old motors, and how i got to owning a Type R. First off was a Nova, well 3 to be precise. Absoloutely loved them and great first cars, Learnt so much from them, doing engine changes, gearbox's and generally...
  81. type-r-gaz

Accord recaros into ep3

Would also like some info on this as my seats should be here this week
Back