• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. johngreen537

Chris' Blue FD2 Track Car

Sounded lovely when you were blipping it mind. Might go Fuji on mine if it sounds similar on teg. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  2. johngreen537

Sounded almost standard when you pottered away. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  3. johngreen537

DC5 Big Brake Kit Options- FreakyParts?

They stop ok on the road in fairness. Just get rather hot rather quickly. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  4. johngreen537

DC5 Big Brake Kit Options- FreakyParts?

Yep. Still **** hot. Did switch to rs15 from rs29 *** after 2k mile euro jolly, squealing got on my tits. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  5. johngreen537

I just swapped the rs29 for rs15 for daily use. Far better cold and medium bite, but will suffer at higher temps. Them rs29 still have about 7mm of pad material ***. They last forever, so actually decent value for money. Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
  6. johngreen537

FK8 Must have accessories?

Everything from the Mugen catalogue.
  7. johngreen537

Got to say that Toda exhaust was the best fitting off the shelf system I've ever seen. Especially as no getting at all. Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
  8. johngreen537

Back in the hot seat. CW DC5 :)

Hate them. They are the 85a spec (black) ones, I'd swap for standard mounts in a heartbeat. I've got rattle ocd, so at idle my hands are all over the place trying to stop them! If it wasn't for the rattles, they're not shocking I suppose. I did hear the 60a ones are actually worse though. Too...
  9. johngreen537

Yes mate. Front tyre noise is significantly more than the rear. Yokohama's on the front (not ad08's) and they let go in the dry much faster than I like, but I could be pushing too hard too. Sidewalls are a little soft too. They'll be going as soon as I've destroyed them. It's a full Twinloop...
  10. johngreen537

Nice bit of a pre winter detail today. Too wey out to get a proper sealing paste on, but some Megs liquid wax will do for a couple of weeks. Had the front windows done too, blends in nicely without being overly dark. Mugen intake is gone for now at least. Sent from my E6553 using...
  11. johngreen537

EP3 Alignment

They've done tracking I'd say, but rears are out. So car is steering straight, but the rear toe is pushing you off straight which needs you to correct it with the wheel. Get it on a proper 4 wheel alignment. Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk
  12. johngreen537

stiff gear changes any ideas????

No worries. Internal issues usually have big symptoms, so I wouldn't rush out for a rebuild!
  13. johngreen537

The occasional crunch is most likely just you struggling to get the gear doe to notchiness. Go back to whomever did your clutch. Ask them to check the cables / linkages. Replacement bushes from Tegiwa. https://www.tegiwaimports.com/index.php/tegiwa-shifter-bushes-civic-type-r-ep3.html I'd...
  14. johngreen537

it's not uncommon for 2nd to be stiff selection on the ep3 when it's cold. I'd probably be looking at the very simple side before a rebuild! Generally if you've got internal box issues, it'll at least whine or crunch a bit / a lot as a symptom. Stiff lever, start with checking the selector...
  15. johngreen537

What was it like before the clutch change?
  16. johngreen537

She does seem sound. Gave a good run yesterday, 300 mile round trip to snetterton on mostly B roads. Managed to park trackside, and she got more attention than the Porsche alongside. Quite amusing :)
  17. johngreen537

Daves 1999 Honda Civic Aerodeck ("DD")

I'd heard about Dawn :( EP3's gone now, went back to a 130i, then chopped it in for a DC5 last week ;) 6 months with no Honda on the drive got to me :)
  18. johngreen537

Daves 1999 Honda Civic Aerodeck ("DD")

Looks familiar. How you keeping Dave?
  19. johngreen537

Hello mate. Yeah, I'm torn at the minute. Certainly not in a hurry anyway.
  20. johngreen537

Ha ha. Would it drown out my noises that make me paranoid though ;) The innovative mounts just push all vibrations into the cabin, in terms of physical vibration, it's only noticed on idle, but in general terms I think they are turning the body panels and cabin into a speaker and amplifying...
  21. johngreen537

I assume the back box would be fine, but would need b pipe shortening?
  22. johngreen537

I thought it might have been resprayed given the condition, but found d a few chips, and some swirl marks, so assuming it's at least mostly factory paint. Seats need a good clean though! Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
  23. johngreen537

Morning all Been a good while since I posted here, since I sold my last EP3 last year. Saw a DC5 in Swindon a few weeks back, and got a serious itch, so did a deal for my 130i, probably robbing myself in the process, but my testicular fizzing took over. 52 plate, CW DC5, 89k on the clocks...
  24. johngreen537

Post your head unit

Flushed, wrapped, Alpine unit, forget which model though. Simple as possible for me, USB'd to 16gb SSD in the glovebox. Hasn't even got a CD player. Nothing more needed really. Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  25. johngreen537

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

I did 44, at 50 mph on m4... In normality ***, 30 id be panicking! Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  26. johngreen537

I've just done Bristol to Swindon in rush hour, petrol light came on as I pulled away.... Left my wallet at home this morning. Friday night, 46mile drive, rush hour, no money, reserves on fuel. No fun. Never seen it this low before, but I'm gonna go get a jerry can rather than chance driving...
  27. johngreen537

Castrol Edge Professional

Yes, but, there'd be none of the, is this old oil or new oil conversation! Or clean all that off and wait for new black crap to appear. Fill it up with UV stuff :D
  28. johngreen537

However, this did not bode well for me... Castrol Edge 5-30 VS Leading Competitor 0-40 Surely, that's not playing fair?
  29. johngreen537

This! I want This! Don't care if it's better, I want radio active glowing sh!t! Imagine the minor oil leak situation, in the dark, black light, it'd be like something out of a Alien flick!
  30. johngreen537

205/45 or 215/40

I'd have a search on what others opinions with facelift cars have on mate. They are marginally heavier, so the feel is a little different and a little less twitchy than post facelift. Potenza's seem to be rated...
  31. johngreen537

can anyone help

Sounds like it's waiting for a code mate! Push the left knob in, or right one, not too sure now, should have a time on the screen!
  32. johngreen537

205/45 or 215/40

Personally I like Proxies and Parada's. But, others despise them with a passion! :) Falken 952's I've heard aren't bad all rounders, but not tried them yet! Think it comes down to how hard you like your car, what suspension you are running etc. Little things will affect the feel of each tyre...
  33. johngreen537

K20a Engine, Gearbox and K-Pro ECU... what are they worth?

Worst case mate, unverified mileage K20A2, £750 for very quick sale! Gearbox, £400 again, very quick sale. Kpro £600-£700 as Shaenei said. You should take quite easily £2k for it all, which should be plenty enough for a K series engine and running gear! What other goodies (if any) are on...
  34. johngreen537

K20a Engine, Gearbox and K-Pro ECU... what are they worth?

Hardly anyone on Ebay can mate! Do you know the Reg of the motor your K20 came from? Then you could potentially get *** MOT history from the DVLA, which will give a good indication of mileage, which will install a little more confidence when selling!
  35. johngreen537

Gearbox rough! Warranty claim and £1000 limit!

Stuck on the M4 last night, best part of 3 hours in stop start traffic! At times, driving in 1st from slow creeping standstill sounded like a bloody diesel at very low RPM! Got issues potentially with the clutch release bearing anyway (I think) and my 4th gear is slightly whiney. Then the...
  36. johngreen537

205/45 or 215/40

Much of a muchness really mate. 205 45's have larger sidewall, so will have more give. 215 40's, will have shorter sidewalls, but are slightly wrapped over rims, so will have slight give too! Tyres are a very personal thing, so all depends how you want the car to feel. Post facelift cars are...
  37. johngreen537

Help needed!!

yep :)
  38. johngreen537

Help needed!!

looks pre-facelift to me!
  39. johngreen537

Help needed!!

Red one is a facelift one! Pop the bonnet, and get a good slam panel pic, and a good clear pic of front bumper, particularly the lower half mate :D
  40. johngreen537

Help needed!!

Strange really mate, you've got facelift headlights, facelift / Mugen splitter, but looks like pre-facelift grill / small badge... Mugen splitter makes the bumper look like a facelift, but TBH, I'm not convinced! From *** look of your slam panel in your other thread(s) I'm going to say...
  41. johngreen537

Centre dash console

PM me mate :) Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  42. johngreen537

Clutch Groan / whirring!

As title really, when driving 'normally', not fast, not stuck in traffic, just normal. Pulling away in 1st / 2nd, clutch seems to groan, no judders etc, just a noise. I'm assuming an air lock and it just needs bleeding. Any other idea's!?
  43. johngreen537

Forget performance... best SOUNDING induction?

Prefer *** Gruppe M Roar to that ;)
  44. johngreen537

Centre dash console

It's a pig mate! There's two little tabs clips, press those in and the lighter comes loose, but then you'll see that you get stuck on two sticky out plastic lugs further down the barrel. 2 options, either, disassemble the entire barrel mechanism like I did the first time, which is fidlley...
  45. johngreen537

EP3 Problems, VTEC Juddering And Bogging Down, Broken CD and Wheel Vibrations :(

Only just seen this one mate, so sorry if I repeat what others may have said! I'm figuring on dodgey O2 sensors, not dodgey enough to be out of tolerance that the ECL comes on, but enough to cock the VVC timing up, making your VTEC / revs all over the place! May also be something to do with...
  46. johngreen537

ep3 standard height help

Standard ground clearance is 13cm mate! That's 13cm from flat ground to lowest point on chassis, according to Honda anyway!
  47. johngreen537

problem: EP3 door rattle

lol. I'd sheck they are screwed in poperly mate! Rear trim is normally ok!
  48. johngreen537

EK9 gone, Milano Red EP3 in.. few questions on paintwork...

Just look at it out of sunlight, then it always looks awesome :D
  49. johngreen537

Have a look here mate. Look at side pics, then from top! Before bonnet / spoiler wrap! http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?74608-johngreen537-s-Milano-EP3!-Neuspeed-ARB-s!-Bonnet-Wrap!/page4 After bonnet / spoiler...
  50. johngreen537

EP3 Scratches on dashboard

Spray the console, or Vinyl / Carbon wrap it, yeah. Dashboard scratches, not easy really! Might be worth a very mild abrasive polish, try that, but TBH, replacing the panel is more likely the best option! Unless it's the dashboard... Then :S
  51. johngreen537

EP3 Front Honda H Badge...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Civic-Type-R-EP3-Front-Rear-Sport-Brake-Discs-Pads-/170565318621?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27b67c37dd For disks and pads mate. He's Mintex Disks and Pads, and very cheap! I bought these for my EP3 and my 130i M-Sport, both stop like no mans business...
  52. johngreen537

problem: EP3 door rattle

Erm, rear doors? What car mate? In general, put the tape on the most protruded part of the inner part of the door card, 'normally' that's the armrest area. So where the armrest is on the inside of the doorcard, where it stick out most, and is most likely to slightly touch the metal frame of...
  53. johngreen537

johngreen537's Milano EP3! Neuspeed ARB's! Bonnet Wrap!

I'm still in two minds myself mate, facelifts are in mind though!
  54. johngreen537

I've got the same mate. It's got heavy layer of clear coat on top, with crap UV protection, so bugger all you can do without a respray. Problem is, you'd need to do the whole car, as blowing over front / rear end, just makes the rest of the car look pinker! Mines is worse on the roof / bonnet /...
  55. johngreen537

Power loss and Low rev limit

Check Oil level mate! VTEC will feel less strong, engage later, and if really low oil, will really struggle high end! Otherwise, I'd be looking at O2 sensors.
  56. johngreen537

Can do mate, just text me when you want them done. Ideal time if you can't drive though :) Unlcky on the leg! Which bit? Hurts like a b4stard don't it! I've broken more bones than I can count!
  57. johngreen537

Bonnet only takes an hour on an EP3 mate! Not easy, but once you are used to wrapping, just patience really!
  58. johngreen537

Yeah baby! Now all I need are some drop links to make it work :D Had to hack off mine as they were crudded up and the hex key rounded! New ones should arrive tomorrow morning!
  59. johngreen537

lol, I've done it before mate ;) Just roof and boot lid on this one though :D Like Milano too much to hide it all :)
  60. johngreen537

lol, it's on the cards mate, waiting for a delivery :D Probably the boot lid too, as that is properly pinked!
  61. johngreen537

Lacquer peel been doing my nut in the past few days...... It's not perfect, but not bad at all ;)
  62. johngreen537

Tonight for rear, tomorrow for front all going to plan, and the mrs not moaning :) Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  63. johngreen537

EBay mate :) Bargain at £150 for both too! Proper chuffed! Neuspeed.com sell them around $700 a pair! Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  64. johngreen537

Stereo bits aren't hard mate, but I've done nearly 50 of them now! Just take your time and be careful :D Clean it with surgical spirit 1st too, make sure there is no grease on it! It's easy removed yeah, but you'll probably loose some paint in the process! So you'll need to respray or retouch...
  65. johngreen537

New toys! Just been to collect my new toys :D Neuspeed, 27mm Front ARB, poly bushes, you name it :) Rear ARB, 22mm, poly bushes, 10mm thick alloy subframe strengthener! Couple of niggles with the stickers, but otherwise, mint!
  66. johngreen537

They reckpn you get better MPG's if you only put half tanks in due to less weights etc. But that would mean for long distancers like me stopping every day for fuel! :D
  67. johngreen537

lol, 4-500 usually mate! It's not pretty! I tried the diesel thing.... Boooooooring! And you pay so much extra for the car, and so much extra for the fuel, that you need to do 45k a year, just to get the extra premium back that you paid for the deisel engine! False economy I tell ya ;) My...
  68. johngreen537

3 days tops! I drive a minimum of 100 miles a day though and the EP3 is my sensible commuter car :)
  69. johngreen537

Didn't see that bit, sorry! I DON'T use 3M. I don't like it. Contravetial as they are widely considered the ultimate in wrapping vinyl. BUT, I find it looks rather blue in colour! When it's on it's own, you wouldn't see it, but next to another wrap (I use a lot, so I import Oracal Air Free...
  70. johngreen537

The pinking isn't 'that' bad, but the bonnet has lacquer peel patches. Problem is, if I get it blown over, then the rest of the paint WILL look stupidly pink, which I'm sure will impress the kids, but look damn sh!te. Don't really wanna go full out respray either, just too much money to lash out...
  71. johngreen537

Depends how much patience you have mate! I've been doing it for a few years now, so find 90% of things very simple. I've done everything from interiors to almost full cars (wrote mine off before I finished the wrap!) You really need to start by wrapping some small bits and bobs, then progress...
  72. johngreen537

Speakers?

The ones from a DC5 with the optional C-Pack are much better. IntegraStella has a set at minute on fleabay for £25! Depends how mad you want to go, but running from standard head unit outputs, rather than amps, not really much point spending daft money!
  73. johngreen537

I like them, was certain many people wouldn't though :D Easy to fit, and you leave you lights in place to do it. Literally stick it over the headlamp, trim loosely around it and push the edges into the gaps with a credit card type tool. Takes 30 mins tops. Joe, the paintwork is pants. The...
  74. johngreen537

They are, light come out of them 'normal' colour, so my white headlamp bulbs shine through white, and the indicators come through orange. Light brightness is 'marginally' down, nothing more substantial than having a dirty light though! Just more of the bright chrome gash gone :) Shiny Milano is...
  75. johngreen537

Another little update. Anyone seen Fly Eyes Kits? I was sceptical, but.... Before... After... Looks much more aggressive than OEM pre-facelift bright white / chrome lights, and a damn sight cheaper than buying post facelift ones!
  76. johngreen537

Falken ZE912

??? WTF? We talking about the same ones?? Yoki Parada?? Sure, in the winter, frost / snow / ice and such, I'd rather walk home barefoot, but rain, wet, never had an issue on any of my civics with them! Always found them bloody good in the dry, and not much different in the dry. I don't drive...
  77. johngreen537

Falken ZE912

I love them. Depends on you suspension setup for any tyre I suppose.
  78. johngreen537

EPS Problem !

Quite common! Especially if you are revving / blipping the throttle! EPS Management just gets confused as to why you are playing tricks with the revs and not turning the wheel, therefor there MUST be a problem. Reboot = Fixed! Almost like it was designed by Microsoft! Unless it comes on and...
  79. johngreen537

Falken ZE912

I think Pots are useless in the wet! Stiffer sidewall I'd say is partially responsible, no give so just slips, where as something like the T1R in the wet has that little give in the wet so flexes and holds slightly better on damp surface. Depends on your driving style too i suppose! IMO, not...
  80. johngreen537

Falken ZE912

I use the same local Garage in Swindon that I've been going to for nearly 10 years. They are not the cheapest, but offer good crack while I'm there, and generally bump me to the front of the queue! As I'm impatient, that to me is worth every minute in gold coinage! Generally once you've built up...
  81. johngreen537

K24 inlet manifold

Think it's the different design brief on build really. K20 EP3 Mani & RBC are designed for balls out top end, where as the K24 is for plushy sales people on motorway cruises so all bottom end / mid range grunt. Combination of the right bits of the two is wicked, but get the thought patterns...
  82. johngreen537

Bmc cda! Do not buy these!

Yeah, that was my general thought pattern and why I bought one. Similarities, carbon, cold air feed etc. Turned out different though!
  83. johngreen537

Head shield? where to buy? DIY?

Your best bet is to fabricate something, attach it to the standard airbox mounts. I think the Gruppe-M base plate is a good reference point, just box in the filter a bit...
  84. johngreen537

K24 inlet manifold

Not every post, only when and if I agree with the previous post! X2, as in +1, as above, etc.
  85. johngreen537

K24 inlet manifold

X2, The bottom end of K24 and top end of K20 make a monster, but the top end of the K24 is pretty lilly livered as it's a comfy cruising type.
  86. johngreen537

Feels like the handbrake is on!!!

Maybe the chain has slipped a tooth mate. If the chain is out by a tooth, while the VVC mechanism is retarding the timing under normal / low rev loads, it could be out then, but when it steps it up to advanced timing for VTEC engagement, it's falling back within tolerance, so the problem seems...
  87. johngreen537

eBay rules mate ;) £59 too, including new drop links and poly bushes :D As I say, the heaters do change without touching them, so appear to regulate temp, but without a thermometer inside the car, there's no way of telling if it's 'really' working. Feels like it to me, but I could be imagining...
  88. johngreen537

Oh, and just bought a JDM Front ARB... :D
  89. johngreen537

Yeah mate, I was gob smacked! I only cahnged the actual switches as the nobs were ever so slighly offset! I'm 'assuming' there's a thermostat somewhere in the car, or it guesses by air volume and intake temperature? Either way, when I set the dials to 'Auto' it adjusts the fan speeds and air...
  90. johngreen537

Well, got bored at the weekend, and started looking at my paintwork. My Milano on the roof, bonnet, boot lid and spoiler is starting to pink. Only really noticable in the bright sun, but it's one of theose things that once you notice it, it's blindingly obvious. So, got the carbon wrap out...
  91. johngreen537

Loving the art work ;)
  92. johngreen537

Unusual Noise when Clutch out.

Mine does it too. TBH, I think most Honda's I've owned have done it, but I'vr never bothered repairing it until the clutch died. That said though, my EP3 came with 3 years warranty, so may get them to replace it, as it does cover clutch / components!
  93. johngreen537

Feels like the handbrake is on!!!

X3, I'd lift the rear end up, take the handbrake off and see how freely the wheels turn. If there is ANY resistance, sticky caliper time.
  94. johngreen537

No, I'm not one of 'those' people :) I'm a relatively clever bloke, even if I do say so myself, and do understand basic physics :D Not sure I've got pics, but air feed pipe was taken from rear side of the CDA, flowed nicely round into the wheel arch. TBH, I did think even the gradual curve may...
  95. johngreen537

FD2 Mugen RR for sale..

Anyone need a kidney? I've got a spare one!
  96. johngreen537

^Joe's Detailing Service details.

Can you come to Swindon to do mine? :D It'd be destroyed on the drive home otherwise :(
  97. johngreen537

Molysip in Type-R gear boxes - is it worth doing?

X2, sounds like a really bad idea to me!
  98. johngreen537

Best cleaning chemical for the inside of a stainless steel exhaust

Wet wipes will shift about any surface crap, then wire wool, then polish and elbow grease! Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  99. johngreen537

Best cleaning chemical for the inside of a stainless steel exhaust

Huggies wet wipes FTW! Sent from my 7 Mozart using Board Express
  100. johngreen537

spark plugs

I used 'standard' Platinum plugs in mine, rather than the Irridium ones. Mainly because they perform in the real world pretty much the same, but the platinum tips need changing more frequently. As I don't like the idea of 75k plugs anyway, I'd tend to go overboard and do them at 20k, so went...
Back